Chevrolet Blazer Vs. Isuzu Trooper Vs...

Chevrolet Blazer Vs. Isuzu Trooper Vs. Land Rover Discovery

There are 58 comments on the Motor Trend story from Feb 14, 2008, titled Chevrolet Blazer Vs. Isuzu Trooper Vs. Land Rover Discovery. In it, Motor Trend reports that:

It's no secret that America dominates the sport/utility segment in terms of sales. via Motor Trend

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Motor Trend.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ruca

Winnipeg, Canada

#41 May 19, 2009
BOWCHICAWOWOW wrote:
well my opinion is jeep is the best. more reliable cheap original hardcore stylish fast and above all practical for anyone i dont care what other people say. and land rovers are based off jeeps. and unibody frames are indeed stronger and better fitted for off road use the are simpily all around performers.
I just hope you dont do any rockcrawling with your unibody jeep..........i have seen jeep windows break doors that would not open and more, real 4x4's have ladder frames and solid axles....IFS is junk off road, truth to be told is that Jeep/Land Rover/Toyota are not making tough off road vehicles anymore. and who told you that land rovers are still based on jeeps?.........they where back in the 1940's
2003emm3

Bangkok, Thailand

#42 Oct 13, 2009
Blazer is a domestic piece of junk, designed for soccermoms to shuttle their precious little ones around on asphalt. Not sure about the Isuzu, but I have driven a Landrover Defender and several Toyota Landcruisers in deserts in Saudi and Kazakhstan, up and down volcanoes on Java, and in the jungle in Thailand and Malaysia. Landrovers are awesome. The Landcruiser as well. They actually have offroad capabilities, unlike the Chevy POS.
guy

Winnipeg, Canada

#43 Dec 11, 2009
MorTality wrote:
Well... Lets put it this way. I own a 78 Toyota FJ40. Ill stack it against any stock configured Jeep with tires 33" or smaller and kill it off road. Sure its a gas hog but about 10 times tougher. As far as Maintnence goes... Sure, you have to take care of things. If you drive ANY car and never change the oil or service it, it is going to die (Not counting the slant six from Dodge). The truth is that Land Rover has had its problems yes but I would say that 75% of them are related to Maintnence not being performed properly. They are like Harly's and in todays world where people forget how to mantain a vehicle because they just want to get in and go... You do the math.
The dodge comment is hilarious it is very true I had an 86 dodge ram with the slant 6. No word of a lie I didn't change the oil for three years, not kidding. I owned it from 2001 until 2005 and the only thing that broke down was the voltage regulator, a $50 dollar fix.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#44 Dec 11, 2009
Isuzu Trooper is a complete and utter POS

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#45 Dec 12, 2009
I can't believe people exist who would even take one for a test drive

Location hidden

#46 Dec 12, 2009
but I can't belive that for asian cars in general

Location hidden

#47 Dec 12, 2009
My choice out of these 3 in descending order would be the Chevy Blazer...Land Rover..and the Isuzu would be for the shooting range on Thursday night.
awewfewfewa

Norwalk, CA

#48 Jan 15, 2010
To VotedMcCain, Built Ford Tough, and Edwin_6944215:

Can you please remove yourself from the gene pool? Preferably in the most painful and agonizing way possible? Retard

Can you please remove yourself from the gene pool? Prefearbly by getting crushed to death in a
garbage compactor, by getting your face cut to ribbons with a
pocketknife, your head cracked open with a baseball bat, your stomach
sliced open and your entrails spilled out, and your eyeballs ripped
out of their sockets.

I really hope that you get curb-stomped. It'd be hilarious to see you
begging for help, and then someone stomps on the back of your head,
leaving you to die in horrible, agonizing pain.
Richiebuoy

Derby, UK

#49 Jan 25, 2010
You Americns need to learn that LR's will beat off road anything else including your own yank tanks which nobody wants outside of the usa.
Billy and Cassie

Hayward, CA

#50 Jun 9, 2010
Tell-It wrote:
<quoted text>
No I dont want Jeep. I drive an H2
and H2 LOL that's funny right there the H@ is even a bigger POS!
sammy

Bridgetown, Barbados

#51 Jun 28, 2010
i<3samurais
dale

Bluefield, WV

#52 Jun 28, 2010
Tell-It wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh wow! You just compared an old chevy blazer to a land rover! Are you aware that neither blazer nor Isuzu are even made here anymore? Are you aware that a blazer is worth about $4000 tops? Have fun with that sickeningly low rover reliability rating.
you are retarded another idiot that is clueless about vehicles poor retard
Onebadelf

United States

#53 Oct 17, 2010
Thinking about buying a used Land Rover. Through the years I have had many other vehicles. Some reliable, some not. I have found that the brand doesn't seem to matters as much on an individual basis. I have owned both foreign and domestic and have been mostly satisfied with both. That being said, my biggest disappoint for vehicles was a Subaru that I had. Left a sour taste in my mouth for Subaru, won't buy another one, ever.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#54 Oct 17, 2010
Onebadelf wrote:
Thinking about buying a used Land Rover. Through the years I have had many other vehicles. Some reliable, some not. I have found that the brand doesn't seem to matters as much on an individual basis. I have owned both foreign and domestic and have been mostly satisfied with both. That being said, my biggest disappoint for vehicles was a Subaru that I had. Left a sour taste in my mouth for Subaru, won't buy another one, ever.
Land Rover......Note have a fat wallet
Multiple

United States

#55 Dec 3, 2010
Isuzu rodeo is better than the trooper and I have drove all of these suv's and the Chevy Blazer performed the best OVER ALL. It seemed to have more than enough power and interior room. It has a fantastic silent ride and will go Anywhere with good tires. The chevy blazer is a Tank that has good gas mileage.
P.s. I don't drive and or own a chevy i drive a toyota cruiser....
What ever you do don't buy a bummer Unless its the first base model!
THANKS
91 trooper 4jg2

Las Vegas, NV

#56 Oct 26, 2013
I have thre disco 2's, an Isuzu trooper, ford powerstroke, and Chevy 6.5L in my family and I've had bad and good things to say about them all. I'm the family tech, fabricator, and tow truck. My trooper has a 3.1L Isuzu td and all sorts of parts from all the big brands listed above. Ive never got itt stuck and it neve stranded me. Isuzu parts are cheap and I've yet to see any simpler 4x4 out there. But I am a fabricator so any thing breaks or is flawed originally I build new. All parts are interchangable and all things possible so pick your body style and budget. But buy a welder saw, grinder, drill or/and mill you'll love yourself for it and all your brand myopic friends can get along. Build a Frankenstein
fern gully

Montclair, NJ

#57 Aug 2, 2014
listen i actually owned all 3 vehicle as original poster had asked about. let me start by saying that non of which can be compared to each other. they all have different attributes, also good and bad in their own way. it all boils down to the owner and his mechanical skills and reason why he wants a 4x4 suv.

1) can you work on your own vehicles? if so this shouldnt be a problem since all 3 vehicles of mine broke down on me some why shape or form...
2) how hard are you "offroading" if its just a dusty trail you go up every now and again. doesnt matter which 4x4 you get then since most will do what they are designed to do. now if your hitting trails where your going to get beat the hell up then you want something more reliable and worth looking at.
3) how deep are your pockets. lets face it some parts for some vehicles are going to be a little more expensive then others because of name brand and such. also if you "offroad" hard core then remember your not going to last long with stock vehicle... so accessories are going to have to be factored in at some point... again this varies with name brand and where you go and who you know.
4) look into problems that all the vehicles have because eventually your going to have to do some type of maintenance to it.(example head gaskets, timing chain/belts, water pumps, transmissions etc etc)
5) actually liking what you drive. your going to have to go out and sit in each and maybe test drive them. see which one you feel more comfortable in all have different style of riding positions. if you buy one just to settle then your never going to be satisfied and therefore not like it.

hope this little write up helped you on your way to choosing one.
also look into toyotas and jeeps as other options. also very capable vehicle and would rather pick them over a chevy any day.
UAWisaJoke

Riverview, FL

#58 Aug 2, 2016
Edwin_6944215 wrote:
<quoted text>

Well it's no surprise, basically, becuse ALL european brands trail American automakers in reliability.
Union trash makes trash.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
swapping wheel hubs from a 88 chevy 4th to 92 c... Sat joe pat 92 1
(NEW) Do you know ALLSCANNER VXDIAG A3 better t... Apr 21 Jerry523 4
How to update VCM2 firmware & Ford IDS software... Apr 20 uobd2 2
Why I choose MB SD C4 MUX+ V2017.03 Xentry+ Len... Apr 19 eobdtool 1
Volvo V70 Airbag Warning after Seat Removal, ho... Apr 19 Ambrosio 1
Vas504a ODIS 4.0.0 review: Odis v4 Windows 10 N... Apr 17 eobdtool 1
Newest VAS 5054A with ODIS 3.0.1 (Feb '16) Apr 17 eobdtool 5
More from around the web