Dodge Ram "Death Wobble"

Posted in the Autos Forum

Sentinel

Moncton, Canada

#1 May 18, 2011
This was reported on Canada's CBC News last night.

Many Dodge Ram owners are complaining about their trucks shaking violently after going over a bump, tie rod end failures...described as the "death wobble"......

Dennis Warren who owns a 2007 Dodge Ram has had the steering box broken 7 times in the last 4 years!!

"He also said his tie rods failed this winter, causing his wheels to splay out in opposite directions, stopping his truck cold...."

"After $30,000 worth of repairs, most under warranty, Warren's truck no longer has the "death wobble," but continues to have front-end failures."

****The Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan, where owners can take lgal action against manufacturers about problem vehicles and emand their money back etc....reports that....

"A review of CAMVAP statistics shows — of the Big Three carmakers in North America — 58 per cent of the claims in 2009 were about Chrysler vehicles, compared to 24 per cent for Ford and 18 per cent for General Motors...."

all of the article...

http://www.cbc.ca/thenational/indepthanalysis...
Sentinel

Moncton, Canada

#2 May 18, 2011
American news coverage of the Dodge Ram "Death Wobble"....

"Some drivers say their pickup trucks have a defect that's putting them and others on the road in danger.

Owners of Dodge Ram trucks call it a “death wobble” when their vehicles shake so much they lose control."

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/19518416/detail.ht...
Sentinel

Moncton, Canada

#3 May 18, 2011
Wish I knew about the Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitrtation Plan back in 2000-2003.....

I owned a Chrysler product....Intrepid...

Worse damn vehicle I ever owned!!
Keith

Seattle, WA

#4 Feb 8, 2014
I pulled into a gas station and, the right front tie rod end, on my 2005 ram 3500 with 70,000 miles, just fell off as I was backing into a parkng stall. No wobble and no warning. I am gald it didn't happen the day before as I was driving over White Pass, in WA. state, towing my CJ5 on a car trailer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2.1M vehicles recalled for faulty air bags 51 min Le Duped 13
Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius (Nov '10) 2 hr Barack the Yellow 9,263
Video: Islamic State group beheads Japanese jou... 5 hr Eric Whalen 1
NASCARs Brian France says new manufacturers cou... Fri jdj7659 4
How to turn the lamp outage off with Ford VCM i... Fri yellowbend 1
Could you please let me know if bmw multi tool ... Fri Cindy-cittmy 2
Original Autel 2014 MaxiDAS® DS708 Automotive D... Fri Cindy-cittmy 1
More from around the web