Suicide risk of young gays probed

Suicide risk of young gays probed

There are 17 comments on the Chicago Sun-Times story from Nov 5, 2007, titled Suicide risk of young gays probed. In it, Chicago Sun-Times reports that:

Gays and lesbians, especially youths, appear to be at higher risk for attempting suicide.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Sun-Times.

coyoteapt2a

Woodmere, NY

#1 Nov 6, 2007
although the 1989 federal report reference has been debinked, suicide bahavior in the LGBT community remains and issue that needs more research and attention.
Stan

AOL

#2 Nov 6, 2007
What does this have to do with AUTOS!!??

“Assignment change”

Since: Jul 07

Sun Prairie, WI

#3 Nov 6, 2007
I think RR posted it maybe?
Truckin

Atlanta, GA

#5 Nov 6, 2007
It was found that many of those gays and lesbians were also the owner/drivers of Honda automobiles. This could just be noise in the experiment, but further studies are required.

70plyRR

Since: Aug 07

Trumbull CT

#6 Nov 6, 2007
Truckin wrote:
It was found that many of those gays and lesbians were also the owner/drivers of Honda automobiles. This could just be noise in the experiment, but further studies are required.
I read an article the other day that stated “GAY HOMOSEXUALS FROM CANADA BUY HONDA.” I just wonder if con_tiki is one of these guys.

“Assignment change”

Sun Prairie, WI

#7 Nov 7, 2007
70plyRR wrote:
<quoted text>I read an article the other day that stated “GAY HOMOSEXUALS FROM CANADA BUY HONDA.” I just wonder if con_tiki is one of these guys.
I would say the chicken choker is! And his trucker as well....
Kenny J

AOL

#8 Nov 7, 2007
AGAIN, what does this have to do with cars...If you created this on an auto forum, you must be crazy. WRONG FORUM!
Truckin

Atlanta, GA

#9 Nov 8, 2007
Honda = Gay

This is not theory...but rather LAW.

“Assignment change”

Sun Prairie, WI

#11 Nov 9, 2007
Truckin wrote:
Honda = Gay
This is not theory...but rather LAW.
You are as dumb as RR!
Truckin

United States

#12 Nov 10, 2007
Hondata wrote:
<quoted text>You are as dumb as RR!
You ever been to Japan you ignoramus? It is accepted in that culture for grown men to hold hands and walk down the street and it is quite common. They even holds hands on the assembly line while they build cars....its part of the "team concept".

“Fight bigotry.”

Since: Feb 07

Toms River, NJ

#14 Nov 10, 2007
Perhaps if people like you weren't attacking gay people constantly...
Real Man of Genius wrote:
Of course gays are at a higher risk of comitting suicide. They know in their heart that what they are doing is wrong.
Guilt is a hard thing to live with.

“Assignment change”

Sun Prairie, WI

#15 Nov 10, 2007
Truckin wrote:
<quoted text>
You ever been to Japan you ignoramus? It is accepted in that culture for grown men to hold hands and walk down the street and it is quite common. They even holds hands on the assembly line while they build cars....its part of the "team concept".
Heck they do that here! We have one as a editor too! RR is for Ready Randy....

Since: May 07

Denver

#17 Nov 10, 2007
Red wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexual suicide rates are highest in large homosexual enclaves like Sanfransicko.
It is homofascist fanatics like you that cause much of the disillusionment with life suffered by young homosexuals. You promote cruel lies about your lifestyle choice that have no basis in reality, such as that choosing to live as a homosexual is ever likely to result in anything like marriage and family. You know that statistically that is a lie.
Well, that would be odd. Considering it's gay/lesbian youth who are most likely to have attempted suicide. Are they killing themselves in *anticipation* of being disappointed with their lives?

No. They're being driven to despair by the religious whackos in this country who constantly condemn gays and lesbians for being what they are. And they're not yet mature enough to tell them all to go to hell.

“Fight bigotry.”

Since: Feb 07

Toms River, NJ

#18 Nov 10, 2007
Hi, Wil, more of the same tripe coming from you.

From where I stand, it's you posting and promoting the lies that harm gay people.
Red wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexual suicide rates are highest in large homosexual enclaves like Sanfransicko.
It is homofascist fanatics like you that cause much of the disillusionment with life suffered by young homosexuals. You promote cruel lies about your lifestyle choice that have no basis in reality, such as that choosing to live as a homosexual is ever likely to result in anything like marriage and family. You know that statistically that is a lie.
George

Mount Prospect, IL

#19 Nov 11, 2007
macvie wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that would be odd. Considering it's gay/lesbian youth who are most likely to have attempted suicide. Are they killing themselves in *anticipation* of being disappointed with their lives?
No. They're being driven to despair by the religious whackos in this country who constantly condemn gays and lesbians for being what they are. And they're not yet mature enough to tell them all to go to hell.
The homofascist anti-religious defamation you've posted has been repeatedly refuted as the lie it is. No major religious group that I'm aware of "condemns" anyone for sexual orientation. It is homosexual acts that are repeatedly condemned in the Bible. Are you suggesting that homosexuals have no control over their own conducts?

Since: May 07

Denver

#20 Nov 11, 2007
George wrote:
<quoted text>
The homofascist anti-religious defamation you've posted has been repeatedly refuted as the lie it is. No major religious group that I'm aware of "condemns" anyone for sexual orientation. It is homosexual acts that are repeatedly condemned in the Bible. Are you suggesting that homosexuals have no control over their own conducts?
Hey Wil! Where'ya been? It's not been the same without you.
Felipa

UK

#22 Jan 30, 2014
I've been on Effexor from http://goo.gl/kHgRdx only one week but am cautiously very optimistic. Prior to this I was on citalopram but still feeling very low and sleeping poorly, feeling like I needed to be in bed 12-16 hours a day. Now I am waking naturally after only 8 hours sleep and finding it much easier to concentrate at work. I can hardly believe it is working so quickly but I feel so much better. I've had no side effects.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius (Nov '10) 6 min Whatever 11,332
News 2016 Prius Four is a smarter, sleeker version o... 11 hr Solarman 1
News Eminent domain puts Trump at odds with 2016ers Sun Go Blue Forever 1
5 cylinder chevy colorado (May '07) Feb 5 New colorado 280
News Barbie's new body: curvy, tall and petite Feb 4 Zugzwang 1
News Cheney: Clinton email scandal raises questions Feb 2 Go Blue Forever 33
SKP900 V4.0 released!! Feb 1 lalaura 1
More from around the web