Are you having problems with your Hon...

Are you having problems with your Honda or Toyota?

Posted in the Autos Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
FORDMAN

Arlington, VA

#1 Sep 24, 2007
2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L:This will be my last Honda or Japanese product. The build quality is terrible on this thing. It rattles and squeaks with only 4000 miles on it. I had to have the whole Nav system replaced. Every bump in the road makes the cd player skip. My other car is a honda too (2004 Accord). It has already had the transmission replaced on it, as well as not wanting to run in the wet or cold weather. Japanese quality? Never heard of it.
FORDMAN

Arlington, VA

#2 Sep 24, 2007
2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L:Driver seat is for dwarves, arm rest is for people with 20" waist, the navigation is a joke. If you do not know where you are, this thing will not tell you as it has very low resolution and streets are not seen on the display, just a grid of lines nobody knows what streets they are. Icons only appear at 1/8 and 1/20, better take a look your self trough the windshield, you do not need the GPS when you can see it trough the window. Voice activated? "turn on radio" and the system will turn off the A/C. All orders are confused, seems only speaks Japanese. Air conditioner is to be used in the North Pole or so, not in Miami or the tropics (does not cools enough, in resume, no worth the money.
2007 Honda Odyssey Touring:My husband talked me into buying a minivan because it would be more economical. Out of all of the minivans we test drove the Honda Odyssey was the best, with the Toyota Sienna in a close second. However if you are wanting an economical car with good gas mileage do not buy this van. There is many cool features such as the rear view camera, Rear Entertainment Center, the fact that you can open and close the doors and hatch. But overall I do not think it is worth the money. Therefore we took it back and are getting the GMC Acadia. Seriously check the Acadia out I think it is the best crossover on the market.
2007 Honda Odyssey Touring:Hesitation/slight bucking at most speeds as if the engine is misfiring or transmission is slipping, harsh downshifting, excessive wind/exterior noise in the cabin, lurching forward while stopped with foot on the brake, rough ride. Navigation system is almost useless unless the address is known. Some keys on keypad don't respond. Try using the place/name feature and it is almost a guarantee the system can't find the place/name you are looking for (e.g. Wal-Mart, Costco), certainly not the nearest one. Instead the system displays places hundreds or thousands of miles away from your current location. My $500 Garmin portable NAV runs circles around the $2000 Honda NAV system.
2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L:Horrible gas mileage... noise (rattle) in door panels from speakers even when radio volume (and bass) is low. Transmission shifts very hard.
FORDMAN

Arlington, VA

#3 Sep 24, 2007
2007 Honda Odyssey EX:I drove my van off the lot once, after the papers were signed.. Big mistake.. Bad vibration in the steering wheel. Service Director is great, but after 7 service visits I'm a little irritated. Oil leak, still trying to determine from where. Engine backfired today. The tires and wheels have been replaced once working on the second time. I wish I had better things to say.. OH, my gas mileage finally improved when I hit 5,000 miles, I average 19 in the city! I think the steering is a little to sensitive so I seem to oversteer a lot. It does great in the snow. The seats are very comfy. The interior plastic scratches really easy, so I tell the kids don't kick it or let the seat belt hit it.
FORDMAN

Arlington, VA

#4 Sep 24, 2007
2007 Toyota Camry XLE V6:After purchasing my 2007 Camry, which was a hassle because the salesman was pushy, I started having trouble with the transmission slipping! On top of that some interior trim pieces didn't match and one fell off! I'm shocked. Toyota has this "supposed" impecable quality. I can now say that it is all rumors spread around. I did not buy this car based on looks. It is pretty weird looking, the big front bulg is horrid. I bought it for reliable driving, and I have to say it has failed. I'm looking to trade it for another vehicle, and I heard that new Saturn Aura would be perfect, plus it looks are nice.
2007 Toyota Camry LE:I purchased the Camry on reputation and recommendation. I am not a car geek and do not have the knowledge or time to deal with car problems. Well, I am becoming a auto expert by necessity. My problems are: hesitating then surge between shifts, windshield wipers that move with power that rocks the car to the point that it feels like it will roll over, plastic parts falling off, cruise control is so unreliable I don't use it, bad mileage, and, last but not least, half the windshild blacks out when driving at night through areas without street lights. The dealer's answer, "It meets Toyota specifications." Any suggestions will help. Do I qualify for the lemon law?

“Assignment change”

Since: Jul 07

South Ozone Park, NY

#5 Sep 24, 2007
Thats funny my 240hp 3.5L Honda Odyssey EX-L is flawless! Im 6'4 and 229lbs and the seats fit me great. Its a great interstate cruiser for sure.
Those people wouldnt be happy with anything,you know the type complain complain complain.
FORDMAN

Fairfax, VA

#6 Sep 26, 2007
o of course all those people are crap, but the chevrolet "complainers" are actaaulaay legit, u are so biased and fake, transmission slippage and wheels falling is a legit problem, way to represent honda customer service, you do it well

“Assignment change”

South Ozone Park, NY

#7 Sep 26, 2007
FORDMAN wrote:
o of course all those people are crap, but the chevrolet "complainers" are actaaulaay legit, u are so biased and fake, transmission slippage and wheels falling is a legit problem, way to represent honda customer service, you do it well
You ever owned a Honda? I have owned GM and Fords. How do you compare, from some .009% complaint? You have your own reasons?
FORDMAN

Richmond, VA

#8 Sep 27, 2007
0.009% whered you get that figure, honda.com , or toyota.com ?
Honda CRV Owner

Little Valley, NY

#9 Sep 30, 2007
Hello, I found this while looking for solutions to the problems with my CRV. I bought it back in August of 04 (its an 05). It is the loaded model with every option. Currently it has 25,500 rough miles, and it has been back to the dealer for two sets of brakes, a rattle in the dashboard (which is yet to cease), A ticking sound coming from the engine compartment, and the two rubber mouldings on the passenger side doors have actually fallen off! Anyone else having these problems? I bought Honda because of their reliability claims, even though I was driving a 99 blazer with no problems before, and figured that the Honda just had to be better. Now I dont know if I should call the manufacturer or what. Any help??

“Assignment change”

United States

#10 Sep 30, 2007
Honda CRV Owner wrote:
Hello, I found this while looking for solutions to the problems with my CRV. I bought it back in August of 04 (its an 05). It is the loaded model with every option. Currently it has 25,500 rough miles, and it has been back to the dealer for two sets of brakes, a rattle in the dashboard (which is yet to cease), A ticking sound coming from the engine compartment, and the two rubber mouldings on the passenger side doors have actually fallen off! Anyone else having these problems? I bought Honda because of their reliability claims, even though I was driving a 99 blazer with no problems before, and figured that the Honda just had to be better. Now I dont know if I should call the manufacturer or what. Any help??
Get rid of it.Your not a Honda owner. Stick with a "DA" mestic.
HondaSuCKS

Middleboro, MA

#13 Nov 26, 2007
Where Honda isís supposed reliability;
I have a 07 Odyssey EXL with NAV and RES that I purchased in March of 07 and neither my dealer nor Honda can fix or explain the vibration I get from about 60 -80 mph. This has been going on so long I am about to get a Lemon Law attorney to take up this case. This thing has been terrible since I drove it off the lot. Now I'm not jumping on the Ford or GM bandwagon here but I don't see the "Honda Quality". However, I did have a 01 Nissan Pathfinder with 152K miles on it that ran great that I traded in for this PIEACE OF SHIT. Word to the wise do not buy any Honda product without extensive test drives, because once you own it you own it as is.
Duncan

Wagoner, OK

#15 Nov 27, 2007
I too abandoned Honda due to very poor build quality, cheap quality of components, cost cutting was at every corner. Dependable-sure, but that was it.
Simply put, who do people think those Toyota and Lexus guys left Toyota and went to Detroit auto makers-because they botched it at Toyota/Lexus.
Also simply put, if it is made over here, it is unacceptable. The greed disease of America has infected those quality manufacturers who set up shop over here.
Our Lexus was built in Japan and shipped over here, I hear they are now built in North America, when I have to replace our Lexus, I am rife with trepidation as to what I will get by a North American made Lexus.
Truckin

Himeji, Japan

#16 Nov 27, 2007
All the people who left Toyota/Lexus were sales and marketing buffoons. Do you think a sales guy has direct correlation to build quality? I think not.

Toyota is not going to cough up $50 million to retain Jim Press, because Cerberus (Chrysler) paid him that much to jump ship. No auto executive who works in sales is worth $50 million. I wonder what his rate of return is for Chrysler.....$50 million on a soft resource while their sales continue to decline.....sounds like a bad investment....or maybe a "write off".

70plyRR

Since: Aug 07

Trumbull CT

#17 Nov 27, 2007
Truckin wrote:
All the people who left Toyota/Lexus were sales and marketing buffoons. Do you think a sales guy has direct correlation to build quality? I think not.
Toyota is not going to cough up $50 million to retain Jim Press, because Cerberus (Chrysler) paid him that much to jump ship. No auto executive who works in sales is worth $50 million. I wonder what his rate of return is for Chrysler.....$50 million on a soft resource while their sales continue to decline.....sounds like a bad investment....or maybe a "write off".
Good point.

Brochure blunder:

I received a brochure from Dodge yesterday, good for a generous $500.00 off a new vehicle. When I opened it up, it showed every Dodge vehicle red in color parked next to each other. Needless to say it looked ridiculous. On another note I can also see why they are going to axe some of those models; with the exception of Viper, they all look as if they are built off the Ram (front end). If one of these guys okíd this sappy brochure, they arenít worth half of that salary.
Fred Corrinilli

Shreveport, LA

#18 Nov 27, 2007
I have a 2006 Civic white. I am getting a vibration in the car aroun 60mph. The dealer says he can't replicate the problem. Does anyone know what is going on? My tires and CV joints are good.

“Assignment change”

Thermal, CA

#19 Nov 28, 2007
Fred Corrinilli wrote:
I have a 2006 Civic white. I am getting a vibration in the car aroun 60mph. The dealer says he can't replicate the problem. Does anyone know what is going on? My tires and CV joints are good.
Check your wheel, not the tire, it may fall off as some on here think!

“Waiting for a new ride.”

Since: Nov 07

Yonkers,NY

#20 Nov 28, 2007
Ben B wrote:
<quoted text>
Really sorry to hear you spend good money on a junk van.
Wont be long now before con_tiki and Hondata get here and deny that youre a Honda owner alltogether...
I drive a 1996 Ford Crown Victoria, but I am still looking for a possible replacement. I was considering one of these 6...

-Hyundai Sonata
-Toyota Camry
-Honda Accord
-Ford Fusion
-Pontiac Grand Prix
-Dodge Charger

Since I am having trouble picking the right one, I was wondering if you or anyone else, could make a recommendation. You can make a suggestion here, or shoot me an e-mail at- [email protected]

I was considering a Fusion because I heard on some car&driver test ford beat the camry and accord...

Thanks for reading
Truckin

Himeji, Japan

#21 Nov 28, 2007
Apollo-Creed wrote:
<quoted text>
I drive a 1996 Ford Crown Victoria, but I am still looking for a possible replacement. I was considering one of these 6...
-Hyundai Sonata
-Toyota Camry
-Honda Accord
-Ford Fusion
-Pontiac Grand Prix
-Dodge Charger
Since I am having trouble picking the right one, I was wondering if you or anyone else, could make a recommendation. You can make a suggestion here, or shoot me an e-mail at- [email protected]
I was considering a Fusion because I heard on some car&driver test ford beat the camry and accord...
Thanks for reading
Fusion is junk....made in Hermasillo, Mexico.

70plyRR

Since: Aug 07

Trumbull CT

#22 Nov 28, 2007
Fred Corrinilli wrote:
Agree, check the wheel.

“Assignment change”

Thermal, CA

#23 Nov 28, 2007
Apollo-Creed wrote:
<quoted text>
-Hyundai Sonata
-Toyota Camry
-Honda Accord
-Ford Fusion
-Pontiac Grand Prix
-Dodge Charger
Thanks for reading
drive them all, then make your choice. let us know! You should know my choice....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BMW boycott sought by Jesse Jackson 4 hr vbs 2
News Jeep Patriot: An Unpleasant Surprise (Jan '10) 19 hr Guy with jeep pat... 38
5 cylinder chevy colorado (May '07) Oct 18 Bob D 316
News GM to Introduce at Least 20 New EVs by 2023 Oct 17 BS Repellent 6
EU cars key programmer advice, Lonsdor K518 is ... Oct 12 lanny717 2
XTOOL X-100 PAD Tablet Key Programmer (Nov '15) Oct 10 jimmyLIN 16
XTOOL X300 Plus X300+ Auto Key Programmer with ... Oct 10 jimmyLIN 1
More from around the web