5 cylinder chevy colorado
jdsfatboy

Winter Garden, FL

#29 Sep 4, 2007
I own a 4 Door version Colorado 5cyc. and I love it ,I owned a 4 Door 4cyc. before this one ,and belive me the 5cyc. has a lot more balls than the 4cyc.model and Chevrolet did all the testing before they put it on the market and I have had S-10's before this Truck ,I like both but I like my Colorado best the ride is much better
Truckin

Kernersville, NC

#30 Sep 5, 2007
It would have made total sense to offer the Colorado with the "Atlas" 4.2L inline-6 since the platform is similar to that of the GMT360 Trailblazer offerings. The 4.3L V6 is a decrepit old offering that needs replacement, the I6 is the way to go for these mid-size vehicles.
Stratchief

Froland, Norway

#31 Sep 25, 2007
And you guys wonder why every other country hates you?
Jeeeezzz."I've got to have a V8 or at least a V6
So I can pollute as much as I can. Never mind the rest of the world" Banjo players

“#1 Autos Editor”

Since: Apr 07

Plano, TX

#32 Sep 25, 2007
Stratchief wrote:
So I can pollute as much as I can. Never mind the rest of the world" Banjo players
Well, pick ups are starting to show up in Europe, and some countries are even giving tax refunds for those who buy them. I wonder what euro city maintenance workers use at work.....A HUGE POLLUTING DUMP TRUCK!

A pick up needs V6, a V4 would not be good enough, understand?!

70plyRR

Since: Aug 07

Trumbull CT

#33 Sep 25, 2007
Stratchief wrote:
Look here young lady. We don’t all like little engines, in fact most of us (Americans) drive huge gas guzzling SUV’s and trucks. We have the money to drive what we want, from the gas sipping princess Civic to an elephantine Hummer. Also, I would not give the last following posts any time whatsoever as they don’t know what they are talking about. The Colorado and Canyon are built with the inline five and the four. The 4.3 is not an option. Also the Trailblazer remark is not possible anyhow. The current platform used in the Colorado and Canyon is the same platform used on the H3, all built at the same plant.
Dumb Redneck

United States

#34 Sep 25, 2007
Stratchief wrote:
What is Norway known for in modern times?
sam64

Knightdale, NC

#36 Sep 25, 2007
The same 5 cylinder in the Colorado is in the H3 Hummer and it is useless in the H3. Go with the Vortec V6. In two astro vans I put over 1.1 million miles on them with only oil and filter changes. Performance was good about 21 to 22 mpg on the hwy and 19-20 in town. Engine had plenty of power.

“#1 Autos Editor”

Plano, TX

#37 Sep 26, 2007
Ben B wrote:
<quoted text>
Put 8 people in a 4 cylinder compact and see where you can go. Either to the hospital or the mechanic...
Hahahah!!!!
Dumb Redneck

Kernersville, NC

#38 Sep 28, 2007
sam64 wrote:
The same 5 cylinder in the Colorado is in the H3 Hummer and it is useless in the H3. Go with the Vortec V6. In two astro vans I put over 1.1 million miles on them with only oil and filter changes. Performance was good about 21 to 22 mpg on the hwy and 19-20 in town. Engine had plenty of power.
Atlas 4.2L Inline 6 is the answer, not the old "Vortec" 4.3L

“" the original con_tiki " ”

Oakville, Ontario, Canada

#39 Sep 28, 2007
Stratchief wrote:
I agree with you Stratchief.

This is what is wrong with the world, those people who have money to spend on whatever they want, have no regards for polluting our world as it is all about me theory here and they could care less about how much they pollute our land as long as get what they want........

70plyRR

Trumbull CT

#41 Sep 28, 2007
thecontiki wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you Stratchief.
This is what is wrong with the world, those people who have money to spend on whatever they want, have no regards for polluting our world as it is all about me theory here and they could care less about how much they pollute our land as long as get what they want........
NO what’s wrong with the world is much more intense. Think about chickens. Do you realize how many steroids are in those chickens you eat? Those chickens are forced to live in cramped quarters, and then fed grain stock full of steroids. SAVE THE CHICKENS, drive an SUV.

“#1 Autos Editor”

Plano, TX

#42 Sep 28, 2007
Ben B wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing wrong with Americas driving style. Think about it. Even tahoes, hummers, escalades, suburbans, other vehicles that run over hondas, they all follow the same emissions regulations that your cars follow. They burn alot of gas, but do so in a clean manner, and arent priced for those looking to save a few dollars in gasoline. Look to china, cuba, etc. They are driving 57 chevies! thats right, no catalytic converters, sawed off exhausts, lead gasoline at $.50 a gallon.
I agree, when I was in Poland, people were converting cars into propane! THATS BAD!
stewart

Mariposa, CA

#43 Oct 7, 2007
I drive an 04 colorado and people say this truck is underpowered with the five cylinder but if you look at specs on other trucks for that year the colorado has more horsepower than any truck in its class for that year. so is every other truck underpowered as well????? Not to mention the most unreliable truck i have ever seen is the S-10 and sonoma with the V-6. every iknow who has one has had nothing but problems with that truck. So good job GM with that five cylinder
Top of The List

Raleigh, NC

#44 Oct 8, 2007
stewart wrote:
I drive an 04 colorado and people say this truck is underpowered with the five cylinder but if you look at specs on other trucks for that year the colorado has more horsepower than any truck in its class for that year. so is every other truck underpowered as well????? Not to mention the most unreliable truck i have ever seen is the S-10 and sonoma with the V-6. every iknow who has one has had nothing but problems with that truck. So good job GM with that five cylinder
Good logical post. You are correct, all the other trucks are underpowered. People think small-mid size trucks should perform like full size, thus missing the point of the segment. The old 4.3L V6 needed to be phased out as the engine is getting hard to clean up for emissions and the tooling and manufacturing lines were quite worn and due for massive repair/replacement (i.e. Tonawanda, NY)
Red in Wicita Kansas

Wichita, KS

#45 Oct 11, 2007
I have a 2005 CC LS with a I5 with 40K, had very good luck with it, up to about a month ago. Engine light came on so I went to the dealership, I bought it from. They put it on the Dyno machine and the results were poor fuel mixture. They cleaned the fuel injectors and I went on my merry way. A couple of days later the engine light came on again, so like before I took it back to the dealer, they said they needed replace the head, because of situation they heard of before. They said there is a letter that Chevrolet has sent out to owners of the 05's. Has anyone out there, had this problem with theirs, if so respond.
SAC

United States

#46 Oct 12, 2007
I have not had this problem. However, I did get the letter from GM about the head problem. This should be fixed at no cost to you, as it is stated in the letter. Might even get GM to pay your back for it's dealer's poor diagnosis the first time.
Stratchief - You have made an error in your "logic", we are not that concerned about what the rest of the would thinks of us. We don't think much of you either. Thank God for big oceans!
aaron

Harrodsburg, KY

#47 Oct 15, 2007
whats a 5 cylinder sound like with performance exhaust and a cold air intake?
raydrayton

Peru, IN

#48 Feb 26, 2008
whoever thinks 5 cylinders were a bad idea should come race me in my colorado with your 6 cylinder and lose some money [email protected]
Truckin

Korea

#49 Feb 26, 2008
aaron wrote:
whats a 5 cylinder sound like with performance exhaust and a cold air intake?
Just plain B-A-D
Truckin

Korea

#50 Feb 26, 2008
raydrayton wrote:
whoever thinks 5 cylinders were a bad idea should come race me in my colorado with your 6 cylinder and lose some money [email protected]
Any turbo R-series Volvo will light you up, and they are packing a 5-cylinder as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Goodbye, 12-volts 3 hr Solarman 1
Volvo 88890300 Vocom Interface PTT 2.03.20 for ... Mon uobd2 1
toyota recalls 850,000 trucks due to frame rot! (Apr '08) Jun 25 thomas sewell 212
original Xhorse VVDI MB BGA TOOL--- it's all here (Dec '15) Jun 25 question 3
News British Millennials: You've stolen our future Jun 25 Go Blue Forever 1
News Family of teen shot by cop settles lawsuit for ... Jun 24 Deb 6
Poll LINCOLN vs CADILLAC: Which is better??? (Jan '08) Jun 23 BIM GUY 246
More from around the web