Versa note
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2 Jun 15, 2013
When thinking about diesels I think about those darn US regulations. That’s a big problem when it comes to these cars.

Since: Apr 07

ridgefarm Il

#3 Jun 15, 2013
Root wrote:
When thinking about diesels I think about those darn US regulations. That’s a big problem when it comes to these cars.
I don't know if its the regs anymore as the chevy cruze has a 2 litre diesel. They could just as easily put the 1.7 litre diesel in it that gets 60 mpg.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4 Jun 15, 2013
Tom Loy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if its the regs anymore as the chevy cruze has a 2 litre diesel. They could just as easily put the 1.7 litre diesel in it that gets 60 mpg.
I found a pretty good article about diesels in the US.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/alternat...

Since: Apr 07

ridgefarm Il

#5 Jun 15, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>I found a pretty good article about diesels in the US.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/alternat...
An interesting article, but one thing the article doesn't tell you is diesel engines typically run for half a million miles. I think its more like the US automakers DON'T want their cars on the roads for that long.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6 Jun 15, 2013
Tom Loy wrote:
<quoted text>
An interesting article, but one thing the article doesn't tell you is diesel engines typically run for half a million miles. I think its more like the US automakers DON'T want their cars on the roads for that long.
I wonder if all makers from around the globe don’t want their cars in the US on the road that long.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vediamo 4.02.02 Software Free Download (Mar '16) 3 hr Ambrosio 2
mb star Xentry Installation Guide (Jul '11) 3 hr Ambrosio 7
BMW motor diagnosis & programming solutions Mon lalaura 1
OBDSTAR F109 scanner special for SUZUKI with Im... Sun uobd2 1
News Here's what a $500 million lawsuit against NASC... Sep 24 Kimmull2324 1
KTAG ECU Programming tool Using Tips (Mar '16) Sep 23 uobd2 5
The most powerful key programmer Key PRO M8 (Oct '13) Sep 22 fsafs 4
More from around the web