Majority owners explore sale of NASCA...

Majority owners explore sale of NASCAR, sources say

There are 8 comments on the Autoblog story from May 8, 2018, titled Majority owners explore sale of NASCAR, sources say. In it, Autoblog reports that:

The majority owners of NASCAR , the company which operates the namesake U.S. car-racing series and other motorsport events, are exploring options including the sale of their entire stake, people familiar with the matter said on Monday. The France family, which controls NASCAR, is working with investment bank Goldman Sachs Group Inc to identify a potential deal for the company, the sources said, cautioning that the deliberations are at exploratory stage and no agreement of any kind is certain.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Autoblog.

Rich K

North Royalton, OH

#1 May 9, 2018
Oh please, please sell NASCAR to someone who actually cares about the quality of racing and the fans. Bill France is single handedly killing the sport.
Oh phartse

Pierrefonds, Canada

#2 May 9, 2018
Please phartse
Sloop John B

Ripley, MS

#3 Jun 15, 2018
I’ll give em $20
GivePhartse

San Antonio, TX

#4 Jun 15, 2018
I’ll Phartse
wiseass nobody

Huxford, AL

#5 Jun 15, 2018
round & round we go
Round pharts

Buffalo, NY

#6 Jun 16, 2018
We pharts
catrod53

New Haven, IN

#7 Jul 6, 2018
Rich K wrote:
Oh please, please sell NASCAR to someone who actually cares about the quality of racing and the fans. Bill France is single handedly killing the sport.
Bill? I thought he helped launch it into the mega popular sport it was a decade or so ago.

IMO Brian France is the one responsible for tarnishing his family's good name and destroying the sport. Born with a silver spoon he has no business sense and even less connection with the drivers and fans.
Bill phartse

Kelowna, Canada

#8 Jul 7, 2018
I phartse

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fords Ecoboost engine a joke (Sep '09) 19 hr dasiener 38
AURO OtoSys IM100, Any Good? Wed autonumen1 1
News NASA imagines warp-speed starship (Jun '14) Tue Professor Mega-Mind 4
News Here's How The 2019 Ram eTorque's MPG Compares ... Sep 7 Solarman 1
Free shipping Autel MaxiSYS MS908CV Heavy Duty ... Sep 5 OBD2TOOL 1
Autel Maxisys Elite Sep 5 OBD2TOOL 1
FVDI J2534 Diagnostic Tool Sep 3 DIVAD986 1