Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11771 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#10176 Jun 25, 2014
This is from the Leaf forum. At least one of the owners used his head and checked the warranty.

"GENERAL EXCLUSIONS
This warranty does not cover damage, failures or corrosion resulting from or caused by...Misuse, such as overloading, using the vehicle to tow, driving over curbs, or using the vehicle as a power source."

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php...
Anonymous

Toronto, Canada

#10177 Jun 26, 2014
I cannot relate to past activity talked about by the LuvmyVolt chap, because of short involvement with this topic.
But I do maintain he is not as smart as he claims by virtue of his negative comments about others.
In many ways he is no different than those who indulge on their disgustingly trashy posts.
Smart people don't act like that under any circumstances.
Over Priced Spark

Trumbull, CT

#10178 Jun 26, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Some people on this forum got their panties all up in a knot because I used the word stupid.
These are the very same folks that called my beautiful late wife a "bitch in the box".
One of them was the name caller and the others laughed. What makes you think that I like you? Or that I will ever like you. You have never, but never provided one fact to this forum. Ever. That makes you, not only stupid, but useless.
I'm not even including what they called my granddaughter.
So, grown men that malign a woman that passed away from cancer and malign a girl that was 9 years old at the time have their panties stuck up their cracks because I used the word "stupid".
So, I will repeat: You are all a bunch of stupid, idiotic morons. This is a pro Volt forum and not one of them has ever provided link one to any fact concerning the subject.
OK .... I know you don't care and that you will sleep well in spite of your past behavior.
That's what makes you stupid.
You are obviously referring to Root.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#10179 Jun 26, 2014
So, if most Volt owners are former prius owners, what is the breakdown for leaf owners?
To JJFADS

Windsor, Canada

#10180 Jun 26, 2014
Root wrote:
So, if most Volt owners are former prius owners, what is the breakdown for leaf owners?
Point 1: There's no validity to the statement "most Volt owners are former Prius owners"
Point2: Prius is outselling Volt. Perhaps they are former Volt owners?(Just as speculative!)
Point 3: No one knows how many Leaf owners are former Prius owners.

Your post makes as much sense as those smutty ones you post using fake IPs and hijacked names.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#10181 Jun 26, 2014
Most Volt owners are former prius owners. Even you can dig around and find that information. So the question remains.
To JJFADS

Windsor, Canada

#10182 Jun 26, 2014
Root wrote:
Most Volt owners are former prius owners. Even you can dig around and find that information. So the question remains.
Pure speculation, with no basis in fact whatsoever.
"Dig around" and the only info found is folks like you and Luvvy promoting the conjecture.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#10183 Jun 26, 2014
To JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>
Pure speculation, with no basis in fact whatsoever.
"Dig around" and the only info found is folks like you and Luvvy promoting the conjecture.
Most Volt owners are former prius owners.
To JJFADS

Windsor, Canada

#10184 Jun 26, 2014
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Most Volt owners are former prius owners.
Your stated position on this issue makes no sense.
But not making sense seems to be a chronic problem for you.
Take for example, your frequent indulgence in posting inferences about other people and their alleged "gayness".
The only gayness here are posts by yourself and your cohorts who consistently use fake IPs and hijacked name to pretend to be others.
Why you engage in such pathetic tactics can only mean you haven't got the brains and decency to do otherwise.
So this disgusting pastime you engage in only shows that any of your stated positions on any issue cannot be trusted, because you can't be trusted to even act in a civil and mature manner.
To JJFADS

Toronto, Canada

#10185 Jun 26, 2014
Your stated position on this issue makes no sense. I'm a transexual.
But not making sense seems to be a chronic problem for me.
Take for example, my frequent indulgence in posting inferences about other people and their alleged "gayness".
The only gayness here are posts by me and my wife and our friends and my cohorts who consistently use fake IPs and hijacked name to pretend to be others.
Why I engage in such pathetic tactics can only mean I haven't got the brains and decency to do otherwise.
So this loving pastime I engage in only shows that any of my stated sexual positions on any issue cannot be trusted, because I can't be trusted to even act in a civil and mature manner. I love the Volt.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#10186 Jun 26, 2014
Meh, talk to me after you decide to research the information. Most Volt owners are former prius owners.
Anonymous

Toronto, Canada

#10187 Jun 26, 2014
Root wrote:
Meh, talk to me after you decide to research the information. Most Volt owners are former prius owners.
You are a very cruel and inhumane person to be posting all those smutty things about the guy from Windsor.
Disgusting.
Over Priced Spark

Trumbull, CT

#10188 Jun 26, 2014
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Most Volt owners are former prius owners.
Most Volt owners are cheapskates with very few friends.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#10189 Jun 26, 2014
Lol, and former Prius owners.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#10190 Jun 26, 2014
Root wrote:
To be honest. They are super loyal. Not because the car is actually a great car, but because the idea behind the car is great. Doesn't make sense to me, but it does to them. This is repeated over and over in their forums.

Read the following and you will see what I mean. Here is a guy that took 3 days to take a 500 mile trip. But, on the way home, he took an ICE car home. He claims that he was leaving the Leaf with family members so they could try it out.(He makes this claim in the Leaf forum). I suspect that he had to get home in a hurry because he took too long getting to his destination in his Leaf.

Here is an owner that took a 520 mile trip. One gas station stop for a Volt. But, a Volt owner can stop at any of the charging stations this guy stopped at and do the same thing he did. But what a total hassle. Stopping every 65 miles or so to charge.

From the link:

"Addendum 04/11/2014: Let's do some math. I stopped 12 times to charge, including three overnight stays. I used the Nissan DCQCs 4 times, the Blink network 3 times (5 total sessions), 2 hotels, one KOA, and 3 RV parks."

Are you kidding? 3 days? 12 stops to charge? 2 hotels? 3 RV parks? For a 500 mile trip? OK. That's cool. NOT. The funny thing to me is that the other owners think it's cool.

Cool? A Volt owner makes the trip in 10 hours.

He is bragging about not spending money on gas, but he thinks people like me don't get the fact that he spent money on charging points and hotels? Even if a Volt owner only charged one time, at home before the trip, the gas would have cost him $45.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...

In contrast, here is a Volt owner who states that he took a 500+ mile trip and did 42 mpg with no worries .... no anxiety.

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#10191 Jun 26, 2014
A Leaf owner asks: "Will the batteries make it to warranty".

"Put another way, will we see ANY 2011/2012 LEAFs which cross the five-year mark with either 11 or 12 battery capacity bars still showing?

The reason I am using this metric is because of the statement Nissan made on page EV-3 of the 2011 LEAF Owner's Manual:"

He posted the same page from the manual that I provided earlier. The disclaimer:

"NISSAN estimates that battery capacity will be approximately 80% of original capacity after five years, although this is only an estimate, and this percentage may vary (and could be significantly lower) depending on individual vehicle and Li-ion battery usage."

Some answers.

"I've been thinking about this question quite a bit lately as our LEAF has gone through the coldest winter that we have seen in a LONG time, yet it has steady lost capacity with very little driving. At this point we have about 58 Ah capacity remaining, which is about 87.5% of the original 66.25 Ah. We have owned our LEAF for about two years now, but it is a demo with 2.5 years gone from the warranty."

"We don't have 80% now after 3 years, so, no I don't think the other 2011/12 Leafs will either."

"I'd guess that some of the coastal PNW and Canadian LEAFs will make it. But, yes, Nissan was dead wrong about the battery capacity for most places."

"Agree."

"Almost 37000 miles 2 years and 9 months, 56.56Ah SOC 86%, latest firmware, all capacity bars. The last two days the 80% gave me only 9 charging bars :o . Still, if the degraedation is linear, I should be over 70% at the 5 year mark."

My son is at 30,000 miles in his Volt with 100% range still there.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php...
Advice

Windsor, Canada

#10192 Jun 27, 2014
Geez, if, as LuvmyVolt insists, the Nissan Leaf is such a disaster, then why is it outselling Volt two to one?

Furthermore, if Volt is such a great product, why have Volt sales fallen off so dramatically?

As things currently stand, the former "Leapfrogger" (Volt) is now the "Leapfrogee"!

Both Leaf and Prius are apparently doing the "Leapfrogging" now!
Over Priced Spark

Trumbull, CT

#10193 Jun 27, 2014
Advice wrote:
Geez, if, as LuvmyVolt insists, the Nissan Leaf is such a disaster, then why is it outselling Volt two to one?
Furthermore, if Volt is such a great product, why have Volt sales fallen off so dramatically?
As things currently stand, the former "Leapfrogger" (Volt) is now the "Leapfrogee"!
Both Leaf and Prius are apparently doing the "Leapfrogging" now!
iluvmyVolt is basically delusional
Advice

Windsor, Canada

#10194 Jun 27, 2014
Over Priced Spark wrote:
<quoted text>
iluvmyVolt is basically delusional
Not really.
He's just a guy who's very protective about his Volt.
I agree, a lot of what he says about his experience is, shall we say, embellished?
But that's OK. I know a few car guys who get super exited about their rides too.
To me, a car is just a car--a means to an end.
Cars don't make the man in my opinion.
I consider that one's worth goes a lot deeper than just a car.
Anonymous

Toronto, Canada

#10195 Jun 27, 2014
The guy is definitely delusional, and has an inflated opinion of himself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Russia's Military Will Be In Syria For At Least... 21 hr RUSSIAs VIETNAM 1
News Fast & Furious But With The Little Rascals Fri ERIC 11
News A Better Battery? A Survey of What Might Come a... Thu Solarman 1
News Chevrolet Cobalt under investigation for power-... (Feb '10) Jan 17 Babygirl 61
OP-COM 2012V/ VAUX-COM 120309a Free Download (Oct '15) Jan 17 pisty10 28
News There Won't Be A Donald Trump Inaugural License... Jan 17 Second Amendment ... 3
V11.00.017 Toyota TIS Techstream Free Download (Feb '16) Jan 15 Jdail2002 13
More from around the web