Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11783 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#10155 Jun 22, 2014
And the proof of what I said above .... lest I forget to speak in factual terms .... is that Volt owners drive 11 miles more, daily, than Leaf owners. That is an average, not just M-F. That's 4,000 miles more per year.

http://insideevs.com/ecotality-says-typical-n...

Now, remember the point I made before. Leaf owners are actually driving those miles. On vacation and long distance week-end trips.

So, Volt owners aren't driving around in a car with baggage. They are driving around in their nice car. Sold the old nice car and kept the pick-up truck.

I know of three owners who did just that. If I had purchased a Leaf, I would have never sold my Caddy. What a joke.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#10156 Jun 22, 2014
OH yeah .... Leaf owners are actually driving those 4,000 miles per year in their other nice car. That's baggage.
Over Priced Spark

Florham Park, NJ

#10157 Jun 24, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
How true. What most Volt haters don't understand is that Leaf owners M-U-S-T own a second car. A nice car. A car for traveling,(over 65 miles).
I would need a second car just to go to the Oakland A's games. Now, wouldn't that be STUPID of me to buy a Leaf and still have to pay for a nice car ... a second insurance ... more maintenance on that second car than on my Volt (which is almost nil), and of course, only get 25 mpg ..... just to go to the games? So, a second car is tied by an umbilical cord to every single Leaf on the road.
What most folks don't think about is the fact that not only do Leaf owners need a second car ... they need an older utility vehicle, unless they have friends that can put up with them when they ask to borrow their truck. Again and again.
I know several Volt owners who have gotten rid of the nice second car and now use the old cargo van or pick up truck as their second commuter car.
Also, quite a few Nissan Leaf purchasers were promised some candy. Now the candy has been taken away. Read the following.
http://www.greenoptimistic.com/2014/05/23/nis...
I have one car. I get 65 - 70 mpg going to the games.
Wouldn't that be stupid .... to own a second car? Of course it would. My old 1999 cargo van is looking prettier and prettier every day. Especially since it's been paid for 15 years. Now, I put about 200 miles a year on it and it should last another 15 years. Nissan Leaf owners can't do that.
And of course, they can't let grandma see their pretty new electric car.
If you have no life, the Volt might be a good car for you.
Over Priced Spark

Florham Park, NJ

#10158 Jun 24, 2014
The Volt will be will be joining these dogs real soon!

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/10-cars-th...
Over Priced Spark

Herndon, VA

#10159 Jun 24, 2014
If you have no life, the Prius might be a good car for you.
Over Priced Spark

Herndon, VA

#10160 Jun 24, 2014
The Prius will be joining these dogs real soon! I love dog.

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/10-cars-th...
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#10161 Jun 24, 2014
Speaking of baggage. One very important fact I failed to mention is the fact that the vast majority of Nissan Leaf owners HAVE to own a 240 volt charger. This article states that about half of Volt owners own a 240 Volt charger. When you throw out the fact that the first 4,500 Volt purchasers received a 240 Volt charger, this figure is less than half.

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1088628_c...

So, why do the vast majority of Leaf owners have to own a 240 Volt charger? Because it takes a brave Leaf soul to not own a 240 Volt charger. If an owner who doesn't own one uses most of his charge the day before, he will not be able to fully charge his car overnight with the 120 v charger. About a 40 - 50 mile range can be achieved. Can you imagine the cold, clammy feeling a Leaf owner will have because his work is 30 miles away? He has to call his boss and lie and say that he has a flat and he'll be in when it's fixed.

So, most owners who stick to the 120v charger use the car for that range only,(actually less, lest we have range anxiety), or they can charge at work .... provided that somebody else didn't buy a Leaf the day before and now they will be fighting for the one charger.

So, add about $1,000 to the price of the Leaf if you want to get the maximum range out of it. More baggage. So, after 5 years, the Leaf is really $4,000 more expensive to own than a similarly priced Volt.

Let's see ... here is the baggage ....

They need to own two other cars (a nice long distance car and a utility type vehicle for trips to the hardware store to pick up lumber .... that's 3 cars). I have even seen posts by Leaf owners on their forums stating that the Leaf is a great third car.

And the charger.

And the new battery that must be purchased after 7 years just to sell the car.

And grandma will never see that pretty, little electric car.
Over Priced Spark

Florham Park, NJ

#10162 Jun 24, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Speaking of baggage. One very important fact I failed to mention is the fact that the vast majority of Nissan Leaf owners HAVE to own a 240 volt charger. This article states that about half of Volt owners own a 240 Volt charger. When you throw out the fact that the first 4,500 Volt purchasers received a 240 Volt charger, this figure is less than half.
http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1088628_c...
So, why do the vast majority of Leaf owners have to own a 240 Volt charger? Because it takes a brave Leaf soul to not own a 240 Volt charger. If an owner who doesn't own one uses most of his charge the day before, he will not be able to fully charge his car overnight with the 120 v charger. About a 40 - 50 mile range can be achieved. Can you imagine the cold, clammy feeling a Leaf owner will have because his work is 30 miles away? He has to call his boss and lie and say that he has a flat and he'll be in when it's fixed.
So, most owners who stick to the 120v charger use the car for that range only,(actually less, lest we have range anxiety), or they can charge at work .... provided that somebody else didn't buy a Leaf the day before and now they will be fighting for the one charger.
So, add about $1,000 to the price of the Leaf if you want to get the maximum range out of it. More baggage. So, after 5 years, the Leaf is really $4,000 more expensive to own than a similarly priced Volt.
Let's see ... here is the baggage ....
They need to own two other cars (a nice long distance car and a utility type vehicle for trips to the hardware store to pick up lumber .... that's 3 cars). I have even seen posts by Leaf owners on their forums stating that the Leaf is a great third car.
And the charger.
And the new battery that must be purchased after 7 years just to sell the car.
And grandma will never see that pretty, little electric car.
Do Leaf owners get welfare money to install charging stations; just like Volt owners?
Over Priced Spark

Fairfax, VA

#10163 Jun 24, 2014
Do Leaf owners get welfare money to install charging stations; just like Prius owners? I stick over priced spark plugs in my ass.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#10164 Jun 24, 2014
Over Priced Spark wrote:
Do Leaf owners get welfare money to install charging stations; just like Prius owners? I stick over priced spark plugs in my ass.
Well, educated people know that there are no subsidies for 240v chargers. Uneducated people don't know that.

We have some uneducated people on this forum. That's OK. It's like this. The I.Q. bar is set by those that are at the bottom.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#10165 Jun 24, 2014
Oooooo .... here's a number from one of the Leaf forum's that you will never see on a Volt forum.

"What's the number to call if you get stranded?"

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php...

This is helpful for the people on this forum who are so stupid, that after reading all of the negative stuff about the Leaf, they will still go out and buy one. IQ = bottom feeders.
Over Priced Cruze

Reston, VA

#10166 Jun 25, 2014
my bad

The Angry Dragon
Anonymous

Toronto, Canada

#10167 Jun 25, 2014
The fellow called LuvmyVolt is not nearly as smart as he thinks he is.
Smart people don't ridicule other people and call them stupid.
Advice

Windsor, Canada

#10169 Jun 25, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
And this is why I go with the Volt. It serves me well and when I get real excited I'll take my wife and pull a pink glove. This frequently happens during sex with a man that is not wet enough. When you pull out to give him the money, the inside of his poker hole sticks to your hog. Thus, the pink glove. This is a real favourite in Canada.
Is it necessary to post this kind of trash talk?
Everyone knows you're an American posing as a Canadian, and that you hijack other people's names when posting.
Why do you do this?
Is it too difficult for you to deal with differences of opinion without your having to post disgusting remarks like that?
Or is it simply a result of an accident at birth?
Advice

Toronto, Canada

#10170 Jun 25, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
And this is why I go with the Volt. It serves me well and when I get real excited I'll take my wife and pull a pink glove. This frequently happens during sex with a man that is not wet enough. When you pull out to give him the money, the inside of his poker hole sticks to your hog. Thus, the pink glove. This is a real favourite in Canada.
It is necessary to post this kind of fun talk talk.
Everyone knows you're a Canadian, and that I hijack other people's names when posting.
I do this because I love the Volt and my wife loves the Volt.
Is it too difficult for you to deal with differences of opinion without your having to post sensual remarks like that?
Or is it simply a result of an accident at birth? When my father gave birth to me in a test tube I knew my life was complete.
Over Priced Spark

Trumbull, CT

#10171 Jun 25, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
The fellow called LuvmyVolt is not nearly as smart as he thinks he is.
Smart people don't ridicule other people and call them stupid.
How smart can he be; he spent his entire life climbing poles. I bet he was as lazy as a gubamint employee.
Over Priced Spark

Fairfax, VA

#10172 Jun 25, 2014
How smart can I be; I spent my entire life eating poles. I am as lazy as a gubamint employee. They call me the Dolt but you can call me Anonymous the dumbass. But I did go to books a milleyon today so I can lurn about the Volt and chargers.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#10173 Jun 25, 2014
Some people on this forum got their panties all up in a knot because I used the word stupid.

These are the very same folks that called my beautiful late wife a "bitch in the box".

One of them was the name caller and the others laughed. What makes you think that I like you? Or that I will ever like you. You have never, but never provided one fact to this forum. Ever. That makes you, not only stupid, but useless.

I'm not even including what they called my granddaughter.

So, grown men that malign a woman that passed away from cancer and malign a girl that was 9 years old at the time have their panties stuck up their cracks because I used the word "stupid".

So, I will repeat: You are all a bunch of stupid, idiotic morons. This is a pro Volt forum and not one of them has ever provided link one to any fact concerning the subject.

OK .... I know you don't care and that you will sleep well in spite of your past behavior.

That's what makes you stupid.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#10174 Jun 25, 2014
Speaking of stupid.

This is actually on Tesla and Leaf forums. "How to turn your electric car into a Volt". Huh?

From the link:

"This is a really clever idea. Think of it as a Volt where you can leave the gas engine, gas, gas tank and exhaust in the garage the 95% of the time you donít need it. Less weight and more space for batteries or cargo. "

Clever idea? Think about it. When they are out of battery range, they have to go home, hook up a trailer and pretend that they didn't have to go home and plan not using too much charge, because they had to go home ..... what?. I can go to an A's game, and take off from there and go another 300 miles if an emergency comes up, and I don't have to pull a trailer.

But ... check this out. A Leaf owner has it all figured out. He owns a Prius also.

"The whole concept seems rather silly to me. For my cross-country trips, I'll drive the Prius. Lifetime mileage is 49.5mpg over 44,000mi. Dragging a 350lb trailer with a noisy gasoline engine certainly can't be good for you or your Leaf"

I own one car. I drive more electric miles than the Leaf and my mpg is as good, or better than the Prius. He owns two cars. Two insurance rates. Two car payments. Is that a better plan?

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php...
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#10175 Jun 25, 2014
Oh, by the way, did you notice the H.O.V. lane sticker on the Toyota RAV? They get a sticker because they are all electric, then they jump in the lane with a generator behind them that is using gas.

Un-american as all get out. Or is this generation all about stealing and cheating? Perhaps so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where can I buy Tech Tool 2.05 and Dev2tool at ... Sun tuita 1
Original Xhorse VVDI2 BMW Key Programmer Feedback Aug 18 tuita 3
News Joe's Crab Shack apologizes for racially-charge... (Mar '16) Aug 16 Chauntyll Allen 27
Buy 2017 New V1.70 Opel OP-COM 2016 Aug 16 OPCOM 2016 3
$39.00 WOW 5.00.12 USB Version OBD2 Diagnostic ... Aug 16 wow 50012 3
5 cylinder chevy colorado (May '07) Aug 15 Latintony1 314
7th Anniversary Sale 2nd Wave, Lowest Price & F... Aug 15 jimmyLIN 1
More from around the web