Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11771 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Root

Shreveport, LA

#9758 May 5, 2014
Advice wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's some relevant on topic news-----
April 2014 EV sales volumes :
Leaf......2088
Prius....1741
Volt......1548
Looks like both Leaf and Prius have leapfrogged Volt.
On a year to date basis, Leaf has consistently outsold Volt by a 25% margin......
Leaf YTD....7272
Volt YTD....5154
Cool, I suspect Leaf will win the sales champion title crown this year. Volt is the oldest of the bunch though historically Volt sales have been eclipsed by Leaf in the beginning of the year. Good luck to all the players in this segment.
Advice

Windsor, Canada

#9759 May 5, 2014
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Cool, I suspect Leaf will win the sales champion title crown this year. Volt is the oldest of the bunch though historically Volt sales have been eclipsed by Leaf in the beginning of the year. Good luck to all the players in this segment.
Actually Leaf sales have eclipsed Volt since early Fall 2013.
Not bad, considering Volt had roughly an 18 month head start over both Leaf and Prius.
Over Priced Cruze

Florham Park, NJ

#9760 May 5, 2014
Buy an all electric
Or buy an all gas
Contraptions like the Volt
Are Just a pain in the azz
Root

Shreveport, LA

#9761 May 5, 2014
Advice wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Leaf sales have eclipsed Volt since early Fall 2013.
Not bad, considering Volt had roughly an 18 month head start over both Leaf and Prius.
Actually Volt outsold Leaf in 2013, not sure what you mean.
Advice

Windsor, Canada

#9762 May 5, 2014
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Actually Volt outsold Leaf in 2013, not sure what you mean.
Leaf outsold Volt in 7 out of 12 months during 2013.
The only reason for Volt ending up ahead at year end was because of attractive (short term) incentives offered by GM. Sales peaked for two months.
Even then, the margin between the two was slim.
Needless to say, since then, Leaf has surged ahead dramatically, and it appears this will be sustained.
I don't think the majority of the buying public trusts GM, and the Volt.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#9763 May 5, 2014
So you do agree with my statement that Volt outsold the Leaf in 2013, this is good.
Advice

Windsor, Canada

#9764 May 5, 2014
Root wrote:
So you do agree with my statement that Volt outsold the Leaf in 2013, this is good.
I agree the numbers show Volt ahead, albeit by a slim margin, at the end of 2013.
But numbers don't always reveal the real picture.
The reality is that Leaf has leapfrogged Volt.
Even a slight of hand artist like you Root, cannot deny that.
Stick to charades Root, at least you can creat the illusion there.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#9765 May 5, 2014
Just making sure you agree with my statement that Volt is the top dog. Now great congratulations to the Leaf, hopefully Nissan will achieve the crown this year along with bragging rights.
Advice

Windsor, Canada

#9766 May 5, 2014
Root wrote:
Just making sure you agree with my statement that Volt is the top dog. Now great congratulations to the Leaf, hopefully Nissan will achieve the crown this year along with bragging rights.
No, I did not agree that Volt is "Top Dog".
In spite of your attempted semantics, I agreed only that Volt outsold Leaf (by a very slim margin) in 2013.
Volt lost its "Top Dog" status almost a year ago.
Leaf is now the "Top Dog", and I agree only to that.
Advice

Windsor, Canada

#9767 May 5, 2014
Another thing I agree to....
It appears that Root and another prominent poster calling himself JJFADS, have a lot in common.
Very much in common at that!
So much so that I agree they are one and the same person.
Too many strong similarities in their speech patterns, biases, and rhetoric.

How many here would agree with that?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#9768 May 5, 2014
Advice wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I did not agree that Volt is "Top Dog".
In spite of your attempted semantics, I agreed only that Volt outsold Leaf (by a very slim margin) in 2013.
Volt lost its "Top Dog" status almost a year ago.
Leaf is now the "Top Dog", and I agree only to that.
Hey, as long as you agree Volt outsold the Leaf in 2013 I'm fine. Much luck to Leaf in the months ahead. I must admit Tesla would be my pick to carry the crown forward for the upcoming year but like the Stones say "you can't always get what you want"
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9769 May 5, 2014
Oh no. 120 mpg? 300 mpg? Why are all Volt owners such liars? And happy liars at that.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9770 May 6, 2014
Crappy day today. Only got a 40.2 mile range. It dipped down to 55 degrees by 8 pm. Screwed up my range.

Drove 19 miles for $0.43.

183 miles for the cost of 1 gallon of gas.

Crappy car.

It's sad when you're used to driving 200 miles for the cost of one gallon of gas and you end up with a crappy 183. What a let down.

Oh well, guess I have to take the good with the bad.
Obsessed With My Volt

Florham Park, NJ

#9771 May 7, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Crappy day today. Only got a 40.2 mile range. It dipped down to 55 degrees by 8 pm. Screwed up my range.
Drove 19 miles for $0.43.
183 miles for the cost of 1 gallon of gas.
Crappy car.
It's sad when you're used to driving 200 miles for the cost of one gallon of gas and you end up with a crappy 183. What a let down.
Oh well, guess I have to take the good with the bad.
Was it 40.2 or 40.1?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#9772 May 7, 2014
I can help you with this. In mathematics we have what's referred to as the decimal. The first spot after the decimal is the tenths position. I have included a link to a website that makes it fun to learn, there's even a fun math game for you to play.

http://www.mathsisfun.com/decimals.html
Obsessed With My Volt

Florham Park, NJ

#9773 May 7, 2014
Root wrote:
I can help you with this. In mathematics we have what's referred to as the decimal. The first spot after the decimal is the tenths position. I have included a link to a website that makes it fun to learn, there's even a fun math game for you to play.
http://www.mathsisfun.com/decimals.html
Thanks for that link Root. Voltluver should start posting his range in 100ths (.01); every fraction counts!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9775 May 8, 2014
This is a pretty good group of people who put out things electric. They are from England, so they do drive on the wrong side of the car!!

To find more of their videos, just click on the subtitle "fullychargedshow" just below the main title. There are a few videos there that cover pertinent subjects.

One of my favorites is this one.

In the early days of the Volt, haters were saying that the Volt runs on coal because you have to charge the car from a coal burning facility. Wrong in many cases because a lot of Volts are in CA.

The other argument was that we will run out of electricity if we go to electric cars. Wrong because the gobs and gobs of kwh's used to make gas would not be used. It would, therefore be re-routed to my plug in my garage for my car.

But this video points out to those folks that their gas takes coal to refine. However, it also points out that it takes 4.5 kwh's to refine one gallon of gas. The haters jumped on that one. It was good for about a year. They pointed out that if it only takes 4.5 kwh's to refine a gallon of gas and they can drive 30 miles on that 4.5 kwh's, why is the Volt better if owners can only drive 3.15 miles per kwh???

They forgot about this. Why does that gallon of gas cost $4 and 4.5 kwh's cost me $0.42? Almost 10 times less? Well .....

Because, it take gobs of kwh's to just set up a drilling rig. Remember, the fuel used for set up is coal burning kwh produced gas. Then, it takes gobs of kwh's to run that rig. Then, it takes gobs of kwh's to ship or transport or pipe that oil. It then takes gobs of kwh's to refine. Then gobs more to transport, ship, pipe that gas. Then gobs of kwh's to make the trucks, ships, pipes, gas stations, gas pumps and on and on and on and on and on ..........

I provided a link before that show that if it were not for subsidies directly linked to oil and all that makes gas go 'round, a gallon of gas would cost over $11 in this current market. That would be a true free market. People would abandon their gas cars on the street!

At the end of this video, Elon Musk said "We'd have plenty of electricity for electric cars if we'd just stop refining oil".
Pete

Jackson, MI

#9777 May 8, 2014
Gov motors is a member of the corporate living dead, feasting on taxpayer brains while slowly deteriorating...

the first zombie company created by Obama’s cronyism.

While the obamamobile exists with the special attention to the creation of massive deficits – a “bleed until bankruptcy plan”.

Too Funny.
Pete

Jackson, MI

#9778 May 8, 2014
Pete wrote:
Gov motors is a member of the corporate living dead, feasting on taxpayer brains while slowly deteriorating...
the first zombie company created by Obama’s cronyism.
While the obamamobile exists with the special attention to the creation of massive deficits – a “bleed until bankruptcy plan”.
Too Funny.
Wifey says:
That's very true...

Just to keep that communist party uaw alive...

as a huge tax credit for buyers of the God-please-don’t-spontaneously -combust Chevy Volt.

Too Funny.
Pete

Jackson, MI

#9779 May 8, 2014
Pete wrote:
Wifey says:
That's very true...

Just to keep that communist party uaw alive...

as a huge tax credit for buyers of the God-please-don’t-spontaneously -combust Chevy Volt.

Too Funny.
Too Funny.
That's very true...

We’re going to lose well north of $42 billion on the auto bailouts...

and much more when you include tax breaks and credits.

Too Funny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
obdstar brand online shop in japan 4 hr jimmyLIN 1
Fcar F502 HD Hand-held Heavy Duty Truck Code Re... 23 hr jimmyLIN 1
what is the meaning of Auto Diagnostic Tool for... (Aug '12) Tue uobd2 7
MPPS V21 Firmware 1.09.03 Updated Tue uobd2 1
SKP1000 , Is this an upgraded version of SK900&... Tue uobd2 2
News It's time to nix the NASCAR overtime line rule ... Tue One phartse 4
vvdi key tool remote support list pdf download ... Tue tuita 2
More from around the web