Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: taintedgreen.com 9,222

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Full Story
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9594 Apr 12, 2014
Obsessed With My Volt wrote:
<quoted text>
Another irrational argument from you. Try to stay on topic. Could you explain why the wondermobile doesn't sell?
Dolt, you of all people should be calling people out about staying on subject.

Once again, check out the heading of this forum. You are the one that goes off subject. You want to talk about pathetic sales.

I've only seen one Bugatti Veyron since it began production. By your definition, this car really sucks. You want to talk about sales, by your definition, Veyron sales suck.

So, until you can stick to the subject of this forum .... Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius .... I will respond in kind. If you don't like it, don't post off topic topics.

OK .... enjoy your twice weekly visits to the gas station.

And by the way, Dolt. Where do you live? Is it Trumbull, CT or Florham Park, N.J.? On the previous page, you posted twice in a row with two different locations.

Forgot to change it to CT? Why do you need to change your location?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9595 Apr 12, 2014
Obsessed With My Volt wrote:
The knuckleheads at GM must be delusional:
http://www.sunherald.com/2014/04/11/5489039/a...
Dolt, your obsession with people buying cars that you hate is getting the best of you.

First of all, someone who owns both the Tesla and the Volt wrote a review and, to the dismay of S owners, he liked the Volt almost as much as the S. But we are talking about a $75,000 difference in price.

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1084138_t...

Now, the ELR is a much nicer ride than the Volt, which is saying quite a bit because the Volt ride is up there with Cadillac.

And, by the way, the person who wrote the review you provided had it wrong. In the real world, S owners are experiencing about 200 mile ranges if they keep it down to legal speeds. Also, the S costs $25,000 more than the ELR. You can buy a cheaper S, but it gets around 80 - 100 miles on a charge.

OK ... just thought I'd keep you up to date.

Try not to let it get to you. All kinds of people like all different kinds of cars. Your obsession will eventually do you in. It begins with beads of sweat dripping down your nose.
Over Priced Cruze

Newtown, CT

#9597 Apr 14, 2014
Root wrote:
<quoted text>You are the dolt, man with many names and a tundra to boot. Wipe sweat, move forward, Volt pulled a Jack the ripper on prius. Celeberate!
You've got me mixed up with someone else. I don't drive a Dolt or a Tundra, and I only have about six screen names.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#9598 Apr 14, 2014
Dolt, I don't care what you call yourself. As long as you know Volt is the sales champion title and crown holder, all is good with me.
Over Priced Cimarron

Newtown, CT

#9599 Apr 14, 2014
Root wrote:
Dolt, I don't care what you call yourself. As long as you know Volt is the sales champion title and crown holder, all is good with me.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...

What about the new Cadillac ELR, do you think it's going to be a bust like the Volt. I could see you cruising around Louisiana in one of those status symbols.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#9600 Apr 14, 2014
I don't own any gm vehicles. Just wanted to make sure you knew Volt was the sales champion. Don't know to much about the elr.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9604 Apr 14, 2014
Over Priced Cimarron wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
What about the new Cadillac ELR, do you think it's going to be a bust like the Volt. I could see you cruising around Louisiana in one of those status symbols.
Saw one of these on highway 101 today.

http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/adam/65e1001e...

Now that is a status symbol. If you think the ELR is a status symbol, then you need to quit burger king. The ELR is just a Cadillac.
Devils Advocate

Toronto, Canada

#9605 Apr 15, 2014
My Volt gets 500 mpg and no break downs. My boyfriend had a prius but it stranded us. Volt will never let me down.
Over Priced Cruze

Florham Park, NJ

#9606 Apr 15, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Saw one of these on highway 101 today.
http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/adam/65e1001e...
Now that is a status symbol. If you think the ELR is a status symbol, then you need to quit burger king. The ELR is just a Cadillac.
You should see what the Ferrari dealer will give you for your Volt, and trade up to a California T. You can't be riding around Silicon Valley in a Chevy, people will think you're a burger flipper.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#9607 Apr 15, 2014
One thing we can all agree on is the Volt leapfrogged the prius. I still think the recalls have hurt the prius plug job sales.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9608 Apr 15, 2014
Over Priced Cruze wrote:
<quoted text>
You should see what the Ferrari dealer will give you for your Volt, and trade up to a California T. You can't be riding around Silicon Valley in a Chevy, people will think you're a burger flipper.
Oh, I'm sorry if I misunderstood you, dolt. You see, you keep giving us inconsistent statements. First you said that owners of Volts (and I take it you mean the ELR also) are a bunch of cheapskates. We don't like buying gas. We plug in downtown, etc. Then you say that the ELR is a status symbol. I mean, the ELR is a 100 mpg plus car. That means that ELR owners are cheap ... at least according to the dolt of 100 pages back.

So, which is it? Keep it consistent.

At least I'm not ashamed of where I live. Why do you change it to C when you really live in NJ. Or is it the other way around?

And by the way. I wouldn't trade my Volt for a Ferrari unless it was to sell the useless status symbol and buy a new Volt and pocket the difference.

You see, the Ferrari is really a useless car. You see lots of them on the freeway,(around here, not where you live), but you never, ever see one in a parking lot other than the owners place of business. And that is usually the business's owner ... and the parking stall is right outside his window.

So, all you can do is drive it to work and back home. Nobody has the balls to stop at the grocery store for even a second. THAT IS A USELESS STATUS SYMBOL.

Now you know the definition of a useless status symbol. Glad to help you out.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9609 Apr 15, 2014
Devils Advocate wrote:
My Volt gets 500 mpg and no break downs. My boyfriend had a prius but it stranded us. Volt will never let me down.
Wow, that's better than mine. I've driven 17,000 miles on 35 gallons of gas. 485 mpg. Prius is a gas hog.
Jersey Sure

Florham Park, NJ

#9611 Apr 16, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
You see, the Ferrari is really a useless car. You see lots of them on the freeway,........
99% feel the same way about the Volt, that's why you never see them anywhere.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9614 Apr 16, 2014
Jersey Sure wrote:
<quoted text>
99% feel the same way about the Volt, that's why you never see them anywhere.
The fact that you don't see any Ferrari's, Volts, Tesla's, etc. only speaks about where you live.

But remember, in the end, it's only a car. Your hatred is an obsession. Your persistence is a symptom. Seek help. Be well.

OK ... enjoy your 25 mpg elantra. I can go 8 times farther than you for the same money.

Ouch!
Over Priced Cruze

Newtown, CT

#9616 Apr 21, 2014
This forum is deader than a Volt showroom.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#9617 Apr 21, 2014
Over Priced Cruze wrote:
This forum is deader than a Volt showroom.
And busier then a prius plug job salesman. Volt, the sales champion and market leader sales champion. Thems a big set! Lol
Over Priced Cruze

Newtown, CT

#9622 Apr 23, 2014
Root wrote:
<quoted text>And busier then a prius plug job salesman. Volt, the sales champion and market leader sales champion. Thems a big set! Lol
Is the Volt a big seller in Louisiana and East Texas? Last time I was in Dallas I didn't see a single Volt.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9623 Apr 23, 2014
Over Priced Cruze wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the Volt a big seller in Louisiana and East Texas? Last time I was in Dallas I didn't see a single Volt.
Dolt. You know you are obsessed when you drive on what is supposed to be a relaxed drive and you are scanning for a car to hate.

Seek help. Be well. The smile muscles in your face will begin to take over again.

Later.

And by the way, I saw 2 Volts, 1 Leaf and 3 Tesla's yesterday. All doing about 150 mpg.

I've never seen an Elantra doing even 40 mpg. Are there Elantras that do 150 mpg in East Texas and Louisiana?

Make you a bet. I will bet you my house and all my money that there are more Volts in East Texas doing over 100 mpg than there are Elantra's doing 100 mpg.
Over Priced Cruze

Florham Park, NJ

#9624 Apr 24, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Dolt. You know you are obsessed when you drive on what is supposed to be a relaxed drive and you are scanning for a car to hate.
Seek help. Be well. The smile muscles in your face will begin to take over again.
Later.
And by the way, I saw 2 Volts, 1 Leaf and 3 Tesla's yesterday. All doing about 150 mpg.
I've never seen an Elantra doing even 40 mpg. Are there Elantras that do 150 mpg in East Texas and Louisiana?
Make you a bet. I will bet you my house and all my money that there are more Volts in East Texas doing over 100 mpg than there are Elantra's doing 100 mpg.
I did see an Elantra being flat bedded the other day; it was getting amazing fuel mileage.

BTW: Do you know if Shrink visits are covered by Obummer Care?
Over Priced Cruze

Fairfax, VA

#9625 Apr 24, 2014
I did see an Elantra being flat bedded the other day; it was being towed because it broke down.

BTW: Do you know if Shrink visits are covered by Obummer Care? My Prius broke down and my insurance has lapsed. I need some help and want to talk to somebody.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama's plan: 'Deport felons, not families' 2 hr xxxrayted 85
Craiglist/eBay scam (Mar '12) 3 hr Jaime 132
Cheap Limo Service In Orange County (Feb '13) Nov 21 Zach 5
God Says Speeding Is Totally Cool, According To... Nov 21 Laughing Gull 1
CEO to reveal 5-year strategy in early 2014; ke... (Nov '13) Nov 21 Jimmy 15
Hellcat-powered Challenger SRT gets big boost t... (May '14) Nov 21 Sally 4
vdm ucandas (Jan '14) Nov 19 Liliflower 6

Autos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE