Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11779 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9647 Apr 25, 2014
Advice wrote:
Some worthwhile advice for a participant in this forum.(We all know who that is!)...
When people feel insecure about themselves, they often do what's called "levelling".
They either boost up their insecurity by boasting about themselves, or they try to bring others down to their level with put-downs.
Or sometimes both!
It's actually a reflection of their belief they aren't good enough.
Best way to deal with these poor souls is to just ignore them.
Now let the shoe fit where applicable.
Well, you see, your problem is that you can't see a lie when it happens. And when you do see it, you ignore it if it happens to fit into your little world of lies.

Witness the next post.

So, go back to sleep. We don't need two liars on this forum. Bye.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9648 Apr 25, 2014
Silent Echo wrote:
<quoted text>
I could not care less about what you believe. In 1998 I retired at age 50 with full benefits and a LEO that stayed in effect until I turn age 65 at which time SS kicks in. So you think that you are the only retired person posting on this board?
You see, dolt, here is your problem with trying to make me believe your lies. In one statement, you said:

"Actually been retired since 1-1-98".

You then said:

"In 1998 I retired at age 50 with full benefits and a LEO that stayed in effect until I turn age 65 at which time SS kicks in"

These are your quotes. Do you see the problem?

Even if you turned 50 on the last day of 1998, you would be 65 already. But you stated that you were already 50 on 1-1-98.

You know why these dates ring a bell to me? Because I retired in 1998, at the age of 50. Please don't come back and say that you misstated. You said you aren't 65 as of yet. If you were 50 on 1-1-98, you would be 66 already.

"until I turn 65 at which time SS kicks in". Future tense. Also, if you make $50k per whack, why even bring up SS?

SS is pin money. Waiting and hoping for it makes it a necessity. Even if you were retired, you aren't making $50k per whack.

You know what they say about telling the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember.

OK. Seek help. Be well. Smile.
Silent Echo

Orange, VA

#9649 Apr 25, 2014
Actually, my little man, I turned 50 in the November prior to 1-1-98, however in the city where I worked you could only retire on the first of the month after your 50th birthday which would have been December of 1997. I stayed another month because the whole department would be getting a bonus in December instead of a yearly raise. So, I stayed one more month and worked about 2 or three days a week training my replacement and going to say goodby to many of the friends I had made over the years on the job. My actual last work day was about two days before Christmas of 1997 and I used my big back log of sick time for the rest of the year. Now, IF YOU CHECK your math, you will find that if I turned 50 in November of 1997 I would be 66 as of today and a year into my SS and my medicare. God, I did not know Cali people were so ignorant.
Advice

Windsor, Canada

#9650 Apr 25, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you see, your problem is that you can't see a lie when it happens. And when you do see it, you ignore it if it happens to fit into your little world of lies.
Witness the next post.
So, go back to sleep. We don't need two liars on this forum. Bye.
The less secure a man is, the more likely he is to have extreme prejudice.
Silent Echo

Reston, VA

#9651 Apr 25, 2014
All I want to do is zoom a zoom zoom zoom in the boom boom and shake my butt. But my Hyundai broke down and had to get flat bedded. I was rescued by a Volt and it gets the best MPG! I’m going out to do a lewd infusion now. Bu bye

The Obsessed One
Advice

Toronto, Canada

#9654 Apr 25, 2014
Really strange!
Silent Echo

Orange, VA

#9655 Apr 25, 2014
Herndon HOMO wrote:
All I want to do is zoom a zoom zoom zoom in my boom boom boom.. I am known as the best receiver in town and the soft seats in my Volt allows me to sit for a short time. Next time you are in Herndon check me out and see my in and out cheeks.
The Obsessed One
Thank you for your honesty.

“Oh Canada”

Since: Feb 14

Windsor, Canada

#9656 Apr 25, 2014
When we were in Mexico we got 700 mpg. Now we are running at 703 mpg. Our Volt is the best.
Advice

Toronto, Canada

#9657 Apr 25, 2014
Some worthwhile advice for a participant in this forum.(We all know who that is!)...

When people feel insecure about themselves like I do, they often do what's called "levelling".
They either boost up their insecurity by boasting about themselves, or they try to bring others down to their level with put-downs.
I sometimes do both!
Best way to deal with these poor souls is to just ignore them. This is why I love to love. You see here in Canada I own a Volt and it doesn’t matter what people say because the Volt saves money and never breaks down. My old Prius broke down all the time. With a Volt I have no worries.

Obsessed with an echo. Don't mock me or I'll tattle. Volt baby Volt!!
Advice

Toronto, Canada

#9658 Apr 25, 2014
Silent Echo wrote:
Actually, my little man, I turned 50 in the November prior to 1-1-98, however in the city where I worked you could only retire on the first of the month after your 50th birthday which would have been December of 1997. I stayed another month because the whole department would be getting a bonus in December instead of a yearly raise. So, I stayed one more month and worked about 2 or three days a week training my replacement and going to say goodby to many of the friends I had made over the years on the job. My actual last work day was about two days before Christmas of 1997 and I used my big back log of sick time for the rest of the year. Now, IF YOU CHECK your math, you will find that if I turned 50 in November of 1997 I would be 66 as of today and a year into my SS and my medicare. God, I did not know Cali people were so ignorant.
Hi, I'm a gay man also and stangely I'm the same age as you. My Prius broke down and now I drive a Volt because it saves money. I have a three coil.
Advice

Toronto, Canada

#9659 Apr 25, 2014
This is really strange!
Not a tempting homo

United States

#9660 Apr 25, 2014
Advice wrote:
When people feel insecure about themselves like I do, they often do what's called "levelling".
I sometimes do both!
Best way to deal with these poor souls is to just ignore them. This is why I love to love. You see here in Canada I own a Volt and it doesn’t matter what people say because the Volt saves money and never breaks down. My old Prius broke down all the time. With a Volt I have no worries.
Obsessed with an echo. Don't mock me or I'll tattle. Volt baby Volt!!
Look homo we don't need you fawning over the Volt so much. Everyone knows the Volt gave prius a bloody lip.
Advice the house negro

Toronto, Canada

#9661 Apr 25, 2014
You main I want a volt but can't afford it. Be up on this site jacking wit tha man. Gettn a brotha down. Cold on my butt still here in the cold mess!
Volt b savin cassh for the homies
word out from gay canada
sorta
Silent Echo
Advice

Windsor, Canada

#9662 Apr 26, 2014
Advice the house negro wrote:
You main I want a volt but can't afford it. Be up on this site jacking wit tha man. Gettn a brotha down. Cold on my butt still here in the cold mess!
Volt b savin cassh for the homies
word out from gay canada
sorta
Silent Echo
Some worthy advice for you...

Homophobic and racist actions say much more about the person they come from than the person they're directed at.
Advice

Toronto, Canada

#9663 Apr 26, 2014
Advice wrote:
<quoted text>
Some worthy advice for you...I have sex with men and give advice.
Homophobic and racist actions say much more about the person they come from than the person they're directed at.
Some worthy advice for you...

Homophobic and racist actions say much more about the person they come from than the person they're directed at. This is the main reason I love the Volt. Tee Volt saves money and the Prius is not as good.
Not a tempting homo

United States

#9664 Apr 26, 2014
Advice wrote:
<quoted text>Some worthy advice for you...
Homophobic and racist actions say much more about the person they come from than the person they're directed at. This is the main reason I love the Volt. Tee Volt saves money and the Prius is not as good.
Gay man loves his Volt. Must be a Canadian piss sucker.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9665 Apr 26, 2014
Advice wrote:
<quoted text>
The less secure a man is, the more likely he is to have extreme prejudice.
Oh, that's really deep. This is a Volt forum and you are defending the people who have extreme prejudice against a car.

Think about that Mr. "Advice". Think things through before you open mouth and insert foot.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9666 Apr 26, 2014
Silent Echo wrote:
Sure .... you said it in future tense. You can't deny that and you can't take it back.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9668 Apr 26, 2014
Silent Echo wrote:
Oh, and by the way. When you really do retire, you should talk to a financial adviser. Waiting three extra years to collect your SS isn't worth it. You can't make up the difference until you are over 75. By that time, you will be kicking yourself in the ars for not taking the money sooner and having fun from day one.
Advice

Windsor, Canada

#9669 Apr 27, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, that's really deep. This is a Volt forum and you are defending the people who have extreme prejudice against a car.
Think about that Mr. "Advice". Think things through before you open mouth and insert foot.
As usual, you consistently fail to recognize an admit that you yourself are no different from those you accuse.
Prejudice and insecurity are your trademarks.
Pity.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Original Xhorse Mini VCI techstream FW 2.0.4 vs... 8 hr Ambrosio 1
AUTOPHIX OM123 OBDII EOBD CAN code reader read ... Wed car-diagnostic-tool 1
OBDSTAR F102 Nissan Pin Code Reader Key Program... Tue Spencer5 5
Foxwell NT510 has good success with BMW multisy... Tue lalaura 1
VAG CAN PRO VCP V5.5.1 Clone less than 50$ Tue lalaura 3
The Newest Version V4.3 SuperOBD SKP-900 car ke... Aug 22 auto engineer 2
SKP-900 V4.2 Update information (will release s... Aug 21 shawnbem 2
More from around the web