Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11794 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9541 Apr 3, 2014
Obsessed With My Volt wrote:
<quoted text>
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics."
- Mark Twain's
"Statistics are used much like a drunk uses a lamppost: for support, not illumination."
-Vin Scully
"I can prove anything by statistics except the truth."
-George Canning
"Like dreams, statistics are a form of wish fulfillment."
-Jean Baudrillard
"There are two kinds of statistics, the kind you look up and the kind you make up."
-Rex Stout
"Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures."
-Evan Esar
What's the matter? Burger King didn't come through with that raise?
Devils Advocate

Toronto, Canada

#9543 Apr 3, 2014
They call me poo because that's where I make love to my wife. I love the Volt. He loves it.

Obsessed with my huh?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9544 Apr 3, 2014
Obsessed With My Volt wrote:
<quoted text>
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics."
- Mark Twain's
"Statistics are used much like a drunk uses a lamppost: for support, not illumination."
-Vin Scully
"I can prove anything by statistics except the truth."
-George Canning
"Like dreams, statistics are a form of wish fulfillment."
-Jean Baudrillard
"There are two kinds of statistics, the kind you look up and the kind you make up."
-Rex Stout
"Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures."
-Evan Esar
I don't know why you're so angry about the subsidy for farms numbers. I mean, your state only took $141 million in subsidies compared to California's $10 billion.

You should be proud of that. Don't ya think?

CT
http://farm.ewg.org/region.php...

CA
http://farm.ewg.org/region.php...

Oh wait. They don't have farms in CT. No wonder. CT produced a whopping 0.22% of the nations crops. Woo Woo. That's 60 times less than CA. So, the subsidies come out almost the same.

What do they grow in CT? Trolls?

http://www.stuffaboutstates.com/agriculture/
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9545 Apr 3, 2014
ihatemy volt wrote:
DA from TC.......Notice anything? Im the only one resonding to your bogus upsidedown numbers. The world knows the truth. Go on the road and count the number of volts and the number of Prius you see...see...not dream about....see. What do you call a gat guys balls? Mudflaps!
Always remember. Better men than you served so you could hate your country. Kinda makes you choke up inside huh?
Deviles Advocate

Windsor, Canada

#9546 Apr 4, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed you didn't provide anything to prove those statistics wrong. Which takes us back to your name. Poo.
"I can make anything look like poo, just by talking". The poo. Windsor.
Please point your self serving and mean spirited accusations elsewhere.

Almost three months ago, I clearly stated intentions not to indulge any in the crap being foisted on this forum. Since then, I have lived up to that commitment.

Since then, I have posted exactly four times times--twice while we were in Puerto Vallarta, once earlier this week after returning home, and now this clarification.

Each of my posts was factual and civil--the first two discussed those "alleged 89 killings" which are still "alleged" BTW (and you went ballistics then); the third merely stated the latest sales results for EVs (and here you are on more accusatory rants), and lastly this one setting the record straight.

Be advised, you are wrong in accusing me of posts by some obviously sick homophobe using my screen name and pretending to be from Toronto, plus several others who have posted insults directed at you.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9549 Apr 4, 2014
Deviles Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Please point your self serving and mean spirited accusations elsewhere.
Almost three months ago, I clearly stated intentions not to indulge any in the crap being foisted on this forum. Since then, I have lived up to that commitment.
Since then, I have posted exactly four times times--twice while we were in Puerto Vallarta, once earlier this week after returning home, and now this clarification.
Each of my posts was factual and civil--the first two discussed those "alleged 89 killings" which are still "alleged" BTW (and you went ballistics then); the third merely stated the latest sales results for EVs (and here you are on more accusatory rants), and lastly this one setting the record straight.
Be advised, you are wrong in accusing me of posts by some obviously sick homophobe using my screen name and pretending to be from Toronto, plus several others who have posted insults directed at you.
Go back to sleep.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9550 Apr 4, 2014
This is an interesting article. A Leaf owner discussing two years of ownership. Every time I see a Leaf, I wonder if the person who bought it knows what is expected out of the car over the years. Did they really read their manual?

Especially when you consider that most owners don't know the "no no's" about the car. This owner talks about the real problem with the Leaf. The fact that there is no thermal management system.

If the car is driven no more than 40 miles a day, it won't be a problem owning one. But there have been problems with fast chargers in the past. I can't imagine being at the end of my range just to find out I can't charge.

http://www.environmentalleader.com/2012/07/30...

Also, most Leaf owners don't know that you are supposed to wait to let the battery cool down before you charge. You are also not supposed to quick charge more than twice in a day, and you must let the battery cool down anyway.

Also, you are not supposed to keep the battery at a full or a depleted state of charge for a long period of time. This can do quite a bit of harm to the range.

All of those issues are taken care of with the Volt's thermal management and charging systems.

From the link:

"Indeed, our own only dissatisfaction with the LEAF has been loss of driving range that began at the beginning of last summer when the car was only fifteen months old and has now reduced our range to a practical maximum of only about 70 miles on a full charge at our usual driving efficiency, a loss of about 19% of our car's original 86 mile range."

http://drivingelectric.blogspot.com/2013/05/t...

This owner lost 19% of his range in two years. What resale value is there going to be in 6 to 7 years? Even KBB penalizes the Leaf fairly heavily for depreciation in it's 5 year cost to own.

He also covers the fact that he believes that Nissan should give a better warranty. At least no more than 20% range loss over 5 years. The Volt's warranty is no more than 25% over 8 years.

The folks across the street from my mother travel almost every week-end with their Volt. They have owned their car for almost 2 years. They are still achieving the same range as when they bought the car.
Devils Advocate

Windsor, Canada

#9551 Apr 5, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back to sleep.
Did just that--put my participation in this forum to sleep that is-- almost 3 months ago, thanks.

And intend to keep doing so.

Yet you continue keep mean spirited discourse fully awake and ever present.

Perhaps it's time for you to partake in some sleep too?
Community Disorganizer

Trumbull, CT

#9552 Apr 5, 2014
Devils Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Did just that--put my participation in this forum to sleep that is-- almost 3 months ago, thanks.
The Obsessed One reminds of the insecure child in play ground: "My Daddy's car is better than your Daddy's car", "My Daddy can beat up your Daddy". And enough will the KBB none-sense, Voltluver needs to go back and re-read post #9524; what a windbag!
Ted

Springfield, IL

#9555 Apr 5, 2014
JJFADS wrote:
This is good press.
JJFAGS is that you? No one cares....ghetto moters will be fine..Detroit(bankrupt and busted) has their backs......its only a matter of total recall!!!
Devils Advocate

Windsor, Canada

#9556 Apr 5, 2014
Ted wrote:
<quoted text>JJFAGS is that you? No one cares....ghetto moters will be fine..Detroit(bankrupt and busted) has their backs......its only a matter of total recall!!!
I've chosen not to engage with the local buffoons, but will continue to look in occasionally.

In spite of the childish and banal nonsense occurring here regularly, once in a while there are noteworthy and informative posts which can be worth seeing.

I recommend the following tactic which can and should be done to at least reduce some of the buffoonery.( I intend to do this BTW, so consider doing the same)......

When one of those gross homophobic "faker posts" appears, just click on the "Report Abuse" icon for that post, then follow the instructions to advise Topix that post is "vulgar, offensive, violates Topix code of conduct, and should be deleted".

If enough complaints are received by Topix, their people will block the poster from using the site.
Ted Devils Advocate

Toronto, Canada

#9558 Apr 5, 2014
JJFAGS is that you? I really care....Toyota ghetto moters will be fine..Tokyo (bankrupt and busted) has their backs......its only a matter of total recall!!!
Devils Advocate

Toronto, Canada

#9560 Apr 5, 2014
I love the Volt becaue it saves my money. 450 mpg baby!!!
JJFAGS

Springfield, IL

#9561 Apr 5, 2014
Hi im from canada.......Whats your name? Where you from?
JJFAGS

Toronto, Canada

#9562 Apr 5, 2014
Hi im a gay man from canada.......Whats your name? Where you from? I love the Volt!!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9563 Apr 5, 2014
Devils Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. You were the main instigator since the first page of this forum. I joined long after that, thinking I could add some facts. You attacked me immediately. You have always been the leader of the hater pack. You have never been a positive force. Don't flatter yourself.

Now, try reading the post just before your latest attack on me. I posted a factual article about the Nissan Leaf.

You, on the other hand have never posted anything factual. So, shut up. Go back to sleep and don't come back.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9564 Apr 5, 2014
Devils Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
I've chosen not to engage with the local buffoons, but will continue to look in occasionally.
In spite of the childish and banal nonsense occurring here regularly, once in a while there are noteworthy and informative posts which can be worth seeing.
I recommend the following tactic which can and should be done to at least reduce some of the buffoonery.( I intend to do this BTW, so consider doing the same)......
When one of those gross homophobic "faker posts" appears, just click on the "Report Abuse" icon for that post, then follow the instructions to advise Topix that post is "vulgar, offensive, violates Topix code of conduct, and should be deleted".
If enough complaints are received by Topix, their people will block the poster from using the site.
You see what I mean? The little troll from IL writes something hateful and spiteful and you tell him that the Volt fans are the buffoons. You don't even see your hypocritical stance.,
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9566 Apr 8, 2014
Wow ... had an awesome day today. The cost of gas has risen enough and the weather has warmed up enough that I broke the 200 mpg level for the first time. That is for charging costs.

I drove 22.7 miles.

I used 4.9 kwh's.

I pay 9 cents per kwh. This equates to $0.44 worth of electricity for those 22.7 miles.

Better known as $.0194 per mile.

Gas is over $4 per gallon for regular.$4.17 for mid grade.

Using $4 per gallon,$0.0194 per mile equates to 206 miles for the cost of one gallon of gas.

And this is from a 2 year old Volt that is less efficient than the 2013's and 2014's.

What an awesome car.
Obsessed With My Volt

Trumbull, CT

#9567 Apr 9, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Wow ... had an awesome day today. The cost of gas has risen enough and the weather has warmed up enough that I broke the 200 mpg level for the first time. That is for charging costs.
I drove 22.7 miles.
I used 4.9 kwh's.
I pay 9 cents per kwh. This equates to $0.44 worth of electricity for those 22.7 miles.
Better known as $.0194 per mile.
Gas is over $4 per gallon for regular.$4.17 for mid grade.
Using $4 per gallon,$0.0194 per mile equates to 206 miles for the cost of one gallon of gas.
And this is from a 2 year old Volt that is less efficient than the 2013's and 2014's.
What an awesome car.
Yes it's an awesome limited use vehicle for people who don't venture too far from home. Then again, since most Volt owners don't go anywhere, why not an all electric?
Ultra Limited Use Vehicle

Austin, TX

#9568 Apr 9, 2014
Yes the Prius plugin is an awesome limited use vehicle for people who don't venture too far from home. Then again, since most Prius owners don't go anywhere, why not an all electric? My Volt can go anywhere and I don't have to worry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
5 cylinder chevy colorado (May '07) May 14 Mike 323
News Junkyard Gem: 1998 Plymouth Breeze Expresso May 12 Dick Tracy 4
News Majority owners explore sale of NASCAR, sources... May 9 Oh phartse 2
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May 8 Serial deserters 54
New arrived obd tools recently (info post) May 8 jimmyLIN 1
News WEIRD and WONDERFUL? Video Footage Of Kim Jong ... May 1 Birds of a feather 3
Poll LINCOLN vs CADILLAC: Which is better??? (Jan '08) Apr 27 devildog 252