Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: taintedgreen.com 9,219

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Full Story
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9301 Mar 9, 2014
Here is an interesting fact:

My Volt vs. the cheapest Prius and the Prius V at my local gas cost and charging rates. Turns out, 51 mpg is a gas hog.

Cheapest, smallest Prius - 51 mpg

$0.08 per mile compared to my $0.027 per mile

2.96 times more to drive one mile in the best mpg Prius than my Volt.

Prius V - 42 mpg

$0.095 per mile

3.52 times more cost to drive one mile than my Volt.

$1.00 to drive my Chevy Volt the typical 37 miles driven by the average American.

$2.96 to drive the cheapest Prius the typical 37 miles driven by the average American.

$3.52 to drive the Prius V the typical 37 miles driven by the average American.

Conclusion: 51 mpg is a gas hog.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9302 Mar 9, 2014
OK .... since we are talking quality. Volt was named most reliable car after 3 years in it's segment. Most Volt owners trade in the Prius.

GM was the champion with 8 cars listed.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2014...

Now, on to what is called people buying cars and lying because they love that brand. Toyota was second in this listing. Why? Because their owners probably are much more willing to put up with recalls than other brands, American cars especially.

Let's face it, for GM to be named number 1 most reliable brand, they have to be twice as good as Toyota or Honda because those owners don't care if they have minor problems.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9303 Mar 9, 2014
OK .... since we are talking about quality.

Volt was named most loved car by owners 3 years in a row by the owners. They were responding to JD Power's poll.

Volt was named European Car Of The Year in 2012. First and only American car to win this award.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9304 Mar 9, 2014
I do love the paragraph under the heading of:

Beware of Toyota. Their next victim may be YOU...

"Toyota is the story of engine failures, unintended acceleration, lawsuits, an oil sludge petition signed by thousands (see 9/13/09 post), thuggery at dealerships, and contempt for customers. I lost $8,500 due to an engine failure (at under 30,000 miles) in my MR2 Spyder, and discovered that my case is one of many (see 5/22/09 post). A Lexus crash that killed four people (see 10/8/09 post) has now prompted recalls and raised alarming questions about Toyota's influence within the NHTSA."

http://uc2.blogspot.com/

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
glox

Springfield, IL

#9305 Mar 9, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
I do love the paragraph under the heading of:
Beware of Toyota. Their next victim may be YOU...
"Toyota is the story of engine failures, unintended acceleration, lawsuits, an oil sludge petition signed by thousands (see 9/13/09 post), thuggery at dealerships, and contempt for customers. I lost $8,500 due to an engine failure (at under 30,000 miles) in my MR2 Spyder, and discovered that my case is one of many (see 5/22/09 post). A Lexus crash that killed four people (see 10/8/09 post) has now prompted recalls and raised alarming questions about Toyota's influence within the NHTSA."
http://uc2.blogspot.com/
Toyota munipulates the planet. Detroit munipulates.......nothing! Ignition swiyches are just the start of the botched attempt of the little 4(cheby, fork, Gm and dodge it) to be the same Quality as Toyota. We know many people that buy domestics, get lemons and buy domestics again.....the autos are cheap, made cheap, you get what you pay for in every thing you purchase and dumastic autos are known to be cheap!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Joseph Goebbels

Florham Park, NJ

#9306 Mar 10, 2014
I see the Volt propagandist have busy over the weekend deleting posts that expose the Volt for what it is. Posts 9276, 9282, 9289, and 9297 have been removed. What is Government Motor's Minister of Propaganda censoring from the public?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#9309 Mar 10, 2014
Good morning to all. Introducing the new Toyota:

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Devils Advocate

Tuxpan, Mexico

#9310 Mar 10, 2014
Joseph Goebbels wrote:
I see the Volt propagandist have busy over the weekend deleting posts that expose the Volt for what it is. Posts 9276, 9282, 9289, and 9297 have been removed. What is Government Motor's Minister of Propaganda censoring from the public?
At least one of those posts--9289--was mine
It was a completely innocuous comment, which simply stated as follows...

Quote:

"I think it might be a good idea to accept Root's offer in good faith, where he suggests it's time to knock off the silliness that's taken over here.
So I will respect Root's suggestion--as long as there's no more nonsense.

So please.....
No more insults about Canada.
No more insults about Canadians.
No more vulgar posts about Canadian women and men.
No more faked homophobic insults claiming yours truly is gay.
No more petty name calling--ie., liar, idiot, hater, etc., and this includes all the other nasty inferences which accompany those names.
No more phoney and faked IP Spoofing, ie., copying usernames and locations.
No more targeting Toronto as a "toilet for bums", or taking cheap shots at Toronto's mayor.
No more inferences that Canadians "eat dog".
No more inferences about people's home being in a "ghetto suburb of Detroit".
No more gross insults about "Canadian Horse Police" being gay.

Unquote.

And many other really gross and offensive posts.

Hope this message gets out to everybody involved."
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9311 Mar 10, 2014
I love that new phrase. "Toyota manipulates the world". How true. Thanks. After all, let's not forget that Toyota manipulated their government into subsidizing them since WWII. Still is subsidized. The entire subsidy for all electrics built in the USA is a pittance compared to Toyota's subsidies.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/news/20...

And Toyota manipulated their government into subsidizing the Prius by a whopping 100%. That's 100%.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20080402/free...

Toyota manipulated American tax payers into subsidizing them also.

This is a letter written by a Republican representative in 2001.

"Since 2001, the Japanese government has intervened repeatedly in currency markets to artificially devalue the yen by upward of 30%. As a result, Toyota and the other Japanese automakers receive a $4,000 to $14,000 subsidy on every vehicle they export to the U.S. Japan's currency manipulation is fueling the market share gains of Toyota, Honda and Nissan in the U.S. and putting downward pressure on UAW wages and benefits."

http://forums.motortrend.com/70/6422366/the-g...

Manipulate .... I like that word. Toyota is the giant octopus manipulating the world.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9313 Mar 10, 2014
Don't know why the link for 2012 recalls doesn't work. It still works on my editing program.

Here's another for 2012 recalls.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2013/01/to...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
glox

Springfield, IL

#9314 Mar 10, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Don't know why the link for 2012 recalls doesn't work. It still works on my editing program.
Here's another for 2012 recalls.
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2013/01/to...
Heres the facts: Dumbastic recall in 2013.......who cares it really does not matter to the informed consumer, they know for a fact that domestics will lie, cheap and steal to sell autos. The fact that they hide and sweep under the rug 98% of all defects(recalls) really is just the way they have always functioned.......pathedic! Fact: We see at least 20 Prius a day.......not one volt..........OUCH!!!!!!!!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9315 Mar 11, 2014
It was 700,00 Prius recalled in the USA. 2 million world wide. Ouch!

http://www.theverge.com/2014/2/12/5403908/toy...

Toylet-a well on it's way to lead all manufacturers in recalls again. And the funny thing about it is that the Prius only gets 50 mpg. 

I'm bummed when I get under 130 mpg, which hasn't happened in a long time.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
glox

Chantilly, VA

#9316 Mar 11, 2014
Heres the facts: Toyota recall in 2013.......who cares it really does not matter to the informed consumer, they know for a fact that Toyota will lie, cheat and steal to sell autos. The fact that they hide and sweep under the rug 98% of all defects(recalls) really is just the way they have always functioned.......pathedic! Fact: We see at least 20 Volts a day.......not one Pius..........OUCH!!!!!!!!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#9317 Mar 11, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
It was 700,00 Prius recalled in the USA. 2 million world wide. Ouch!
http://www.theverge.com/2014/2/12/5403908/toy...
Toylet-a well on it's way to lead all manufacturers in recalls again. And the funny thing about it is that the Prius only gets 50 mpg. 
I'm bummed when I get under 130 mpg, which hasn't happened in a long time.
This is just awful.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9318 Mar 11, 2014
There are grown people who insist on using childish arguments so that it appears that they are correct.

These people actually think the Prius sold in the millions right out of the chute. They either are really children and weren't alive when the Prius was first introduced, or, they are ignorant of true facts, which is excusable, or they are trolls. There is no other choice.

Chevy Volt after the fist 3 years of USA sales.

54,316 total

Toyota Prius first 3 years of world wide sales

35,900 total

Toyota Prius first 3 years of USA sales

41,300 total

Even after it's fourth year of USA sales, the Prius was still behind what the Volt totals will be after this year.

AND LET US NOT FORGET ONE VERY IMPORTANT FACT. There was only one hybrid to chose from back then. Some don't think that is important. Realists do.

As people learn more about the current plug in hybrids that are getting 3 and 4 times the mpg that the Prius gets, that market will begin to shift. Just like it did in the past.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Prius
Volt Fan

Springfield, IL

#9319 Mar 11, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
There are grown people who insist on using childish arguments so that it appears that they are correct.
These people actually think the Prius sold in the millions right out of the chute. They either are really children and weren't alive when the Prius was first introduced, or, they are ignorant of true facts, which is excusable, or they are trolls. There is no other choice.
54,316 total
35,900 total
41,300 total
Even after it's fourth year of USA sales, the Prius was still behind what the Volt totals will be after this year.
AND LET US NOT FORGET ONE VERY IMPORTANT FACT. There was only one hybrid to chose from back then. Some don't think that is important. Realists do.
As people learn more about the current plug in hybrids that are getting 3 and 4 times the mpg that the Prius gets, that market will begin to shift. Just like it did in the past.
There are grown people...and then there are the iluvmymolt subhuman animals!
iluvmyvolt

Springfield, IL

#9320 Mar 11, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
54,316 total
35,900 total
41,300 total
iluvmy POSvolt!!!!!!!
Volt Fan

Reston, VA

#9321 Mar 11, 2014
There are grown people...and then there are the Toyota subhuman animals!
iluvmyvolt

Springfield, IL

#9322 Mar 11, 2014
I know volt is a hugh failure. GM is going to implode....iluvmyPOSvolt!!!!
iluvmyvolt

Ashburn, VA

#9323 Mar 11, 2014
I know volt is a huge winner. GM is going to stick it in my ass...iluvmyawesome Volt!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The New Southwest Airlines Has A Heart Logo And... 12 hr Deegco 2
Former Detroit high school football star arraig... 14 hr Al Bundy 5
What is the most reliable engine ever made? (Aug '08) 17 hr Kilo 189
All Your Automakers Are Belong To GM: General M... (Feb '07) Wed David Cheever 22
What do you know about Kia cars ? Tue roadmatecar 1
OBD2Repair WIFI GM MDI Tech 3 wireless gm mdi s... Tue obd2repair 1
SOLUTIONS MANUAL: Numerical Methods Using Matla... Tue mark 1

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••

Autos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••