Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: taintedgreen.com 9,919

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Read more
Devils advocate

Toronto, Canada

#9279 Mar 7, 2014
Can anyone explain why Prius plug in sales have really tanked lately?
It seems Volt is the best of all the EVs-- still number one!
Could it be that buyers are concerned that all it's technology remains a maintenance true dream?
Or maybe Prius Plug in isn't interesting to buyers any more and it's allure has bottomed out?
Answers anyone?
I love the Volt!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Devils Advocate

Tuxpan, Mexico

#9280 Mar 7, 2014
Root wrote:
Good morning to all fellow Volt fans and owners. What a beautiful day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =zKvmlj2k_fMXX
Good morning to you too Root.
And a nice morning it is here as well.
That's one of the main attractions here--nice weather consistently, every day.

We see you've been busy re-engineering this forum Root.
Lots of posts removed--not just the vulgar ones either.
Selective censorship perhaps??
Nasty, Nasty, Root--if only you could be fair and honest, we could have had some interesting dialog here.
Some posters even locked out--too bad it only works for some though.
I find it amazing how you folks go to extremes to stifle opinions they don't agree with.

Oh well, we just have to recognize some folks can't handle dissent without resorting to dirty tricks.
Politics can be an ugly business.
Root

Bangkok, Thailand

#9281 Mar 7, 2014
Devils advocate wrote:
Could it be that buyers are concerned that all it's technology remains a maintenance true dream?
Or maybe Prius Plug in isn't interesting to buyers any more and it's allure has bottomed out?
Answers anyone?
I love the Volt!
Slow down killer. Remember, while Volt is the undisputed reigning sales champion crown holder and efficiency performer, we should not use that as a bragging point or precursor of future performance. This is a positive forum for Volt fans and owners as well as fans of all EVís. Nothing critical should be said about any of these cars.

With that said this market continues to grow and that is the most important thing to remember. If you ask me about the sleeper I would have to look at Ford. Anyway, much love to all and happy motoring.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Devils Advocate

Tuxpan, Mexico

#9283 Mar 7, 2014
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Slow down killer. Remember, while Volt is the undisputed reigning sales champion crown holder and efficiency performer, we should not use that as a bragging point or precursor of future performance. This is a positive forum for Volt fans and owners as well as fans of all EVís. Nothing critical should be said about any of these cars.
With that said this market continues to grow and that is the most important thing to remember. If you ask me about the sleeper I would have to look at Ford. Anyway, much love to all and happy motoring.
Bangkok Thailand Root?
Oops!
You forgot something.
Root

Bangkok, Thailand

#9284 Mar 7, 2014
Devils Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Bangkok Thailand Root?
Oops!
You forgot something.
Here for a wedding, flew in with not much ado. As you know I never talk about my outings, vacations, business, etc. Told you I went to the lake one time and you attacked me to no end and said I was bragging or some such. Won't make that mistake again! Well heard.

As always, your offer to come back to the table still stands. Frankly Iím tired of the bickering back and forth. No tricks, no anything. Share your opinions, be positive and Iíll do the same. Nobody wants to come to a forum and read some of the mess posted here. I hope you take the offer, as you can see there are no updates on the troll or Canada threads. Take that as an example of good will. Happy motoring, oh and PS, I have no control of postings being deleted or accounts being locked out. I am not a part of Topix. Happy motoring, good luck, have a great day, going to get some rest now.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Ultra Limited Use Vehicle

Newtown, CT

#9285 Mar 7, 2014
Devils advocate wrote:
Can anyone explain why Volt sales have really tanked lately?
It seems Volt is fast losing share to all the other EVs-- no longer number one!
Could it be that buyers are concerned that all it's technology might become a maintenance headache?
Or maybe Volt isn't interesting to buyers any more and it's allure has bottomed out?
Answers anyone?
The Volt is a contraption; a machine only the Rube Goldbergs of the world can appreciate. It has very small market potential; GM doesn't even bother promoting it anymore.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Newtown, CT

#9286 Mar 7, 2014
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Here for a wedding, flew in with not much ado. As you know I never talk about my outings, vacations, business, etc. Told you I went to the lake one time and you attacked me to no end and said I was bragging or some such. Won't make that mistake again! Well heard.
Root, do you see a lot of Volts blasting around?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Fairfax, VA

#9287 Mar 7, 2014
Devils advocate wrote:
Answers anyone?
I love the Volt!
The Volt is a good car; a machine many people care about and appreciate. It has good market potential; GM doesn't even have to promote it anymore. I love these cars.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Fairfax, VA

#9288 Mar 7, 2014
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Here for a wedding, flew in with not much ado. As you know I never talk about my outings, vacations, business, etc. Told you I went to the lake one time and you attacked me to no end and said I was bragging or some such. Won't make that mistake again! Well heard.
As always, your offer to come back to the table still stands. Frankly Iím tired of the bickering back and forth. No tricks, no anything. Share your opinions, be positive and Iíll do the same. Nobody wants to come to a forum and read some of the mess posted here. I hope you take the offer, as you can see there are no updates on the troll or Canada threads. Take that as an example of good will. Happy motoring, oh and PS, I have no control of postings being deleted or accounts being locked out. I am not a part of Topix. Happy motoring, good luck, have a great day, going to get some rest now.
Root I see a lot of Volts blasting around.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
glox

Springfield, IL

#9290 Mar 7, 2014
Ultra Limited Use Vehicle wrote:
<quoted text>Root I see a lot of Volts blasting around.
So, the domestics lie, hide and people die. They never come clean about the problems, the engineering faults, the botched attempt to catch the greatest auto maker on the earth.Toyota!, to include the clueless......Derot. MSN(Michigan Sad Nuts) failed to mention the "deaths" or any other news about the auto makers decitful ways. Hide and deny......oh no!!!!!!!!!! Checkmate!!! Busted!!!!!!!!! Govt Motors, really pathedic!!!!!!!!!! The volt is died when it was on paper.....plug pulled!!!!!!!!! The Prius contiues to outsell the molt 157 to 1..........Ouch!!!!!!!!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9291 Mar 7, 2014
This is cool. Jeff Gordon's new race car.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9292 Mar 7, 2014

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9293 Mar 8, 2014
Here is an interesting fact:

It costs 5 to 6 times more to drive a Honda Accord 1 mile than it does a Volt.

Ouch!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9294 Mar 8, 2014
Toyota Prius outsells BMW 6 series 165 to 1. That means the BMW 6 sucks!!!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9295 Mar 8, 2014
In the past 30 NASCAR seasons, Chevrolet has won 21 championships. 8 championships in the past 10 years.

6 of those by a Volt owner!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NASCAR_S...
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9296 Mar 8, 2014
Here is an interesting fact: In the Bay Area, the Toyota Prius Plug in would cost $2.18 a day to drive the typical miles the average American drives.

The Volt would cost less than half. 92.3 cents.

Another interesting fact:

The Toyota Prius costs $6,650 more to purchase after credits.$8,150 more in California.

$31,907 - Plug In Prius
$25,258 - Chevy Volt
$23,758 - Chevy Volt in CA

The Prius Plug In costs $11,500 more than the Volt after credits after 5 years of ownership.

http://www.kbb.com/toyota/prius-plug-in/2014-...

http://www.kbb.com/chevrolet/volt/2014-chevro...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
glox

Springfield, IL

#9298 Mar 9, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Toyota Prius outsells BMW 6 series 165 to 1. That means the BMW 6 sucks!!!
Iv seen 1 volt on the road....I think....all the american autos look the same....no style! Domestics are so far behind the foreign auto makers its not funny....well, it is funny!!!! Detroit has the little 4s back..........can u say "BANKRUPT"!!!!Govt Motors is the best of the little 4 and it really su%^$^%$!!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
glox

Springfield, IL

#9299 Mar 9, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Here is an interesting fact: In the Bay Area, the Toyota Prius Plug in would cost $2.18 a day to drive the typical miles the average American drives.
The Volt would cost less than half. 92.3 cents.
Another interesting fact:
The Toyota Prius costs $6,650 more to purchase after credits.$8,150 more in California.
$31,907 - Plug In Prius
$25,258 - Chevy Volt
$23,758 - Chevy Volt in CA
The Prius Plug In costs $11,500 more than the Volt after credits after 5 years of ownership.
http://www.kbb.com/toyota/prius-plug-in/2014-...
http://www.kbb.com/chevrolet/volt/2014-chevro...
See, this is where dunmastic auto makers and their foolish followers miss the point......for 99% of the consumers its about quality not price per anything. ITS ABOUT QUALITY!!!! not price per anything........Thats why Toyota outsells all dumastics combined. The domestic lots are overflowing with volts..........pull the plug already!!!!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9300 Mar 9, 2014
2013:

Toyota named Recall King of 2012 with more than 5.3 million in recalls - See more at:

http://www.torquenews.com/1081/toyota-named-r...

Dec. 2013:

Toyota recalling more than 400,000 vehicles in Saudi Arabia

http://jessiepowell.blogspot.com/2013/12/reca...

Sep. 2013:

Toyota Recalls Vehicles For 8th Time This Year

http://www.webpronews.com/toyota-recalls-vehi...

Feb. 2014:

Toyota recalls 2.2 million vehicles for software upgrades

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140212/A...

Feb. 2014:

Toyota issues its second recall in a week

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101417787

Beware of Toyota. Their next victim may be YOU...

http://uc2.blogspot.com/

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9301 Mar 9, 2014
Here is an interesting fact:

My Volt vs. the cheapest Prius and the Prius V at my local gas cost and charging rates. Turns out, 51 mpg is a gas hog.

Cheapest, smallest Prius - 51 mpg

$0.08 per mile compared to my $0.027 per mile

2.96 times more to drive one mile in the best mpg Prius than my Volt.

Prius V - 42 mpg

$0.095 per mile

3.52 times more cost to drive one mile than my Volt.

$1.00 to drive my Chevy Volt the typical 37 miles driven by the average American.

$2.96 to drive the cheapest Prius the typical 37 miles driven by the average American.

$3.52 to drive the Prius V the typical 37 miles driven by the average American.

Conclusion: 51 mpg is a gas hog.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'We've got too many damn tiers,' UAW head tells... 2 hr fordNperception 2
News San Francisco inmates forced into fight club 5 hr Go Blue Forever 1
How do people buy expensive cars? 5 hr Go Blue Forever 6
News Itís a Sad Day at Toyota (Jun '10) 5 hr Aerostar P601_ 1,137
Gays Obama and Toyota (May '14) 5 hr Aerostar P601_ 154
News Ford unveils the focus RS ahead of NY auto show 5 hr Go Blue Forever 4
News Huge Trouble at Foreign Toyota (May '09) 5 hr Go Blue Forever 285
More from around the web