Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11779 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Root

Shreveport, LA

#9242 Mar 5, 2014
JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>
We wrote off Mexico years ago and haven’t looked back since the early 90’s. During my years in the Service I was stationed in Hawaii for a time and always wanted to go back. After the first trip back this became our retreat. Great snorkeling opportunities, the sunrise from Haleakala, the black sand beaches heading to Hana, I could go on for days. Puerto Vallarta has changed from a low price time share trap for Americans to a drunken hedonistic orgy of young men freely engaging in unrestrained sexual activity and group sex on the beach. Men dancing around in little bikinis on the beach is not what I call a get away. The slippery elevator buttons and door handles, we even found a pink condom on our balcony one morning. It was terrible. Here in Maui we’re perfectly comfortable and love the ginger and endless amenities. Condom flights are a non issue and from DFW we get the non-stop straight into Maui.
Wow, I want to go!(Maui) not pv. Supposedly PV is the gay beach capital of North America.
Jean Michel

Iceland

#9246 Mar 5, 2014
Devilsadvocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Owned condos in Maui (Kaanapali Beach) and on Oahu (Makaha Beach) before that.
Both were nice, we enjoyed the time there, but that was when we lived in BC in the 80s.
A lot easier to get there from Vancouver than where we live now, so we sold the last one 11 years ago after not using it much for the previous 5 years.
We tried Freeport in Grand Bahama for a while, but again, didn't use it much and sold it too.
6 years ago, we tried Puerto Vallarta and have never looked back.
Our condo is in a newer building calledTres Mares, on the west side of the marina channel, and faces southwest out on the Bay of Bandaras. It's all high end condos in this area, so it's really consistent aesthetically and life style wise.
We aren't in PV itself, but several miles from the city out by the airport in an area called the Marina district. It's been developed quite recently--over the past 10 or so years.
I cannot speak to your experience, but it sounds like you stayed at a scruffy resort or hotel right in PV, which is a long way away from here. From our experience, things aren't at all like what you describe any more.
In the 6 years we've been here, we've never seen what you describe.
I truly believe what you're talking about is an exception, and for what it's worth, if you look hard enough you can find the same thing in Hawaii too.
Antibiotics will clear the infection. Both doxycycline and azithromycin should be available in your location.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#9248 Mar 5, 2014
Below you will find a link to an article about a Chevy Volt that had its power cord cut by an angry hater.

One of the most important things to do at a time like this is to love your neighbor. Respect goes so far in today’s hustle and bustle age of technology and worldwide news. As we all know this is a place for owners, fans and onlookers to come and share positive thoughts about the Volt.

I suggest all fans take a time out and learn to respect the buying choices of others and treat those decisions as if they were your own.

With that, happy motoring to all and enjoy the article. Thank you all.

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1090437_c...
Orwellian Dilemma

Austin, TX

#9251 Mar 5, 2014
Root wrote:
Below you will find a link to an article about a Chevy Volt that had its power cord cut by an angry hater.
One of the most important things to do at a time like this is to love your neighbor. Respect goes so far in today’s hustle and bustle age of technology and worldwide news. As we all know this is a place for owners, fans and onlookers to come and share positive thoughts about the Volt.
I suggest all fans take a time out and learn to respect the buying choices of others and treat those decisions as if they were your own.
With that, happy motoring to all and enjoy the article. Thank you all.
http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1090437_c...
Some of these Volt haters will go to extremes. We've all seen it on this very board. I'm with you all the way. Now that all of the troll's posts have been removed I'll start posting again. Go Volt!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#9253 Mar 5, 2014
Orwellian Dilemma wrote:
<quoted text>Some of these Volt haters will go to extremes. We've all seen it on this very board. I'm with you all the way. Now that all of the troll's posts have been removed I'll start posting again. Go Volt!
Yes
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9256 Mar 5, 2014
Obsessed With My Volt wrote:
<quoted text>
Your buddy is blown away? Is that the same guy with the generator who's impressed his Volt can drive in 3 inches of snow?
You're nothing but a hater. That guy you called an idiot developed special listening devices for the CIA and the FBI. He also is a well respected gunsmith. He also is developing a nuclear fusion device that, he even admits may not work, but if it does, the energy companies will be put out of business.

On top of that, he is s top notch engineer.

All you do is flip burgers at BK. And you look down your nose at this guy?

http://www.coultersmithing.com/

http://www.coultersmithing.com/Runs/EarlyTime...

http://www.coultersmithing.com/Reports/Theory...

http://www.coultersmithing.com/AuxCP/auxcp.ht...

I wouldn't even begin to pretend that I understand anything this guy knows. You, on the other hand got a big set of gonads at BK University, so you think you are smarter than Doug Coulter.

Go figure.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9257 Mar 5, 2014
Root wrote:
I'm impressed at how quiet the Volt really is.
The first time people ride in my car, I let all the start up noises go away ... the whoosh and bells, plus there is a pneumatic pump that operates for about 20 seconds. That is for the break system. But I put the car in "gear" without them knowing it because they are busy watching the touch screen.

I then sit there for about a minute explaining the stuff on the touch screen. I then let my foot off the brake and they always ... and I do mean always .... grab on to their seat because they didn't know the car was really on. It spooks them out every time.

It spooked me. For a couple of days, when I was at red lights, I was worried that the car had turned off. I would let my foot off the brake for a split second, just to make sure I was OK.

OH ... and for the dolt.

Here is the video again. Don't watch it. Read his comments below. This is a scientific mind picking cars apart and he is impressed with the Volt.

" I've not yet tried this on packed snow or ice, but the dry and rain performance with the stock tires is simply outstanding - it only gives up .03g to my 2010 SS Camaro on corners (and it has 275 pirelli p zeros on it)- the low CG and great weight "

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9258 Mar 5, 2014
Here is a guy that made a video to show specifically how quiet the Volt is. You can hear him breathing through his nose.

Anyway ... at 30 seconds, he hits the power button and you can hear the pneumatic pump I was speaking about. It kind of drove me nuts at first, but I don't even notice it anymore.

Ultra Limited Use Vehicle

Trumbull, CT

#9259 Mar 6, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
You're nothing but a hater. That guy you called an idiot developed special listening devices for the CIA and the FBI. He also is a well respected gunsmith. He also is developing a nuclear fusion device that, he even admits may not work, but if it does, the energy companies will be put out of business.
On top of that, he is s top notch engineer.
All you do is flip burgers at BK. And you look down your nose at this guy?
http://www.coultersmithing.com/
http://www.coultersmithing.com/Runs/EarlyTime...
http://www.coultersmithing.com/Reports/Theory...
http://www.coultersmithing.com/AuxCP/auxcp.ht...
I wouldn't even begin to pretend that I understand anything this guy knows. You, on the other hand got a big set of gonads at BK University, so you think you are smarter than Doug Coulter.
Go figure.
"He also is developing a nuclear fusion device that, he even admits may not work, but if it does, the energy companies will be put out of business." Excellent! Did he also invent the Vortex Booster? I bet you had one on your old Caddy. I'm surprised the dummies at the Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory haven't given this genius a call yet.

Trumbull, CT

#9261 Mar 6, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Here is a guy that made a video to show specifically how quiet the Volt is. You can hear him breathing through his nose.
Anyway ... at 30 seconds, he hits the power button and you can hear the pneumatic pump I was speaking about. It kind of drove me nuts at first, but I don't even notice it anymore.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =LuTglQSnmmYXX
Does sound must quieter than most gas powered cars. The Volt is a maintenance time bomb, and when the $#!t hits the fan, Chevy will be no where to be found.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#9263 Mar 6, 2014
Good morning to all fellow positive Volt people.

Devils advocate

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#9264 Mar 6, 2014
I'm surprised at the dismal Volt sales for Jan/February 2014.
Down over 25% compared to same period in 2103.
Volt is definitely not the sales leader any more!
Nissan Leaf has trumped Volt 4 straight months, and is surging ahead by 125% over same period last year.
Even Prius Plun-In is closing on Volt.
Wonder if Volt has lost it's lustre, and it's complexity vis-a-vis high maintenance prospects have discouraged buyers?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#9265 Mar 6, 2014
It's so exciting to see this market growng and all the cars following the Volt's heritage. Here is an interesting story:

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1090540_h...
Devils advocate

Toronto, Canada

#9267 Mar 6, 2014
I'm surprised at the strong Leaf sales for Jan/February 2014.
Up over 25% compared to same period in 2103 oops I mean 2013.
Volt is definitely still the sales leader until the end of the year!
Nissan Leaf gets me so happy like the Volt 4 straight months, and is surging me ahead by 125% over the same period last year.
Even Prius Plun-In oops I mean Plug-In is way behind the Volt.
Wonder if Volt will remain the best, and it's complexity vis-a-vis low maintenance prospects have incouraged buyers? I love the Volt and the Nissan Leaf!

Trumbull, CT

#9268 Mar 6, 2014
Devils advocate wrote:
I'm surprised at the dismal Volt sales for Jan/February 2014.
Down over 25% compared to same period in 2103.
Volt is definitely not the sales leader any more!
Nissan Leaf has trumped Volt 4 straight months, and is surging ahead by 125% over same period last year.
Even Prius Plun-In is closing on Volt.
Wonder if Volt has lost it's lustre, and it's complexity vis-a-vis high maintenance prospects have discouraged buyers?
The Volt is an over engineered contraption, a maintenance time bomb, with a very small market potential. The future of electric cars is all battery power; when longer lasting, faster charging batteries are developed sales of all electric vehicles will take off.

Fairfax, VA

#9269 Mar 6, 2014
Devils advocate wrote:
Nissan Leaf gets me so happy like the Volt 4 straight months, and is surging me ahead by 125% over the same period last year.
Wonder if Volt will remain the best, and it's complexity vis-a-vis low maintenance prospects have incouraged buyers? I love the Volt and the Nissan Leaf!
The Prius is an over engineered contraption, and the Leaf is an ultra limited use vehicle a maintenance time bomb, with a very small market potential. The future of electric cars is not all battery power; when longer lasting, faster charging batteries are developed sales of all electric vehicles will take off. This is why I understand your concern. Just because Volt is at the top doesnt mean it will always be at the top.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#9270 Mar 6, 2014
Ultra Limited Use Vehicle wrote:
<quoted text>The Prius is an over engineered contraption, and the Leaf is an ultra limited use vehicle a maintenance time bomb, with a very small market potential. The future of electric cars is not all battery power; when longer lasting, faster charging batteries are developed sales of all electric vehicles will take off. This is why I understand your concern. Just because Volt is at the top doesnt mean it will always be at the top.
You should not call the Prius a contraption and you should not call the Leaf a limited use vehicle. These cars are all great. Keep on truckin. Stay off the beach. No more deleted posts.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#9271 Mar 6, 2014
Devils advocate wrote:
Just because the Volt is the crown holder/sales champion means nothing. We are at the end of the life cycle for the Volt. I would hope Nissan would take the crown this year. One of these companies has to compete before the new Volt comes out. Let's pull together and look at the positives of all these cars, even the Prius plug job.

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#9273 Mar 6, 2014
This is good press. Keep posting boys.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9274 Mar 6, 2014
Had a great day today. The temperature went up 2 degrees to 65. Missed a 44 mile range day by .2 of a mile.

Average price for mid grade gas in this valley is now $4.00. With that range and at that price, I can drive 153 miles for the cost of 1 gallon of gas.

http://www.sanjosegasprices.com/index.aspx...

What an awesome car.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News U.S. says North Korean submarine missing Aug 25 operation gladio 2
Original Xhorse Mini VCI techstream FW 2.0.4 vs... Aug 25 Ambrosio 1
AUTOPHIX OM123 OBDII EOBD CAN code reader read ... Aug 24 car-diagnostic-tool 1
OBDSTAR F102 Nissan Pin Code Reader Key Program... Aug 23 Spencer5 5
Foxwell NT510 has good success with BMW multisy... Aug 23 lalaura 1
VAG CAN PRO VCP V5.5.1 Clone less than 50$ Aug 23 lalaura 3
The Newest Version V4.3 SuperOBD SKP-900 car ke... Aug 22 auto engineer 2
OP-COM 2012V/ VAUX-COM 120309a Free Download (Oct '15) Aug 10 lalaura 24
More from around the web