Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: JJFADS | Full story: taintedgreen.com

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Comments (Page 410)

Showing posts 8,181 - 8,200 of9,207
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

Root wrote:
Lol we'll look over your comments to see if they jive with real people. In the meantime keep posting. Reduced
He left these out. The problem with the Volt went away almost right away except for a check engine light. Which could mean anything. Especially when the engine isn't being used .... duh.

Anyway ... the problem was with something that had nothing with the Voltec system of the car. In other words, because the Volt is 95% normal car, it is subject to problems just like any other new car.

I guess this lying back of manure .... sorry poo .... either didn't see what I found or he did and just forgot to post that.

Wow ... a coolant problem with a car. It's world news to him because it is a Volt. What an idiot.

"Well OK the  P26A9 is related to your Engine Coolant Bypass Valve Position Sensor which is part of your cabin heater system. It has nothing to do really with the Voltec propulsion system. So in that respect it isnt "critical" (beyond your own comfort that is)

Assuming you havnt had a dealer doing anything to your car as of late (this DTC can be set by certain conditions during coolant valve replacement) then it might be simply an intermittent connection on the valve, it's wiring circuit, or in the valve itself (more correctly it's internal position feedback sensor) MAY have a fault.

So if through normal operation over the next couple days the Check Engine indicator DOESNT extinguish, then you should take it to your dealer at your earlist convenience.(and when they are "AVAILABLE" ... Sheesh!)

At the very least even if it goes out and you take your car to the dealer for your "updates" (as you indicated) your should mention both the CEL and the DTCs that Onstar listed and get that on the repair order so it is a matter of record (and on your copy of the RO in the event they dont fnd anything)"

HTH
WopOnTour

"Thanks WOT for the great info and suggestions (as always).

The engine light is still on after two charges, but the car has been driving fine. If the engine light was not on, I would not know there was a possible issue. To date the dealer has treated me very well. Given that IL was not in the initial roll out, and the car is drivable, I can cut them some slack on this."

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Judged:

Devilsadvocate wrote:
<quoted text>
At first glance perhaps, but digging a bit deeper, it's obvious there's a little man in a big pond who has a very low tolerance for even the slightest difference of opinion.
Living alone and surviving on a limited budget can do that to a person.
I feel sorry for the guy.
Now you answer yourself. Unreal.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

lol
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Judged:

Root wrote:
lol
Did you read the troll's statement:

"Apparently not everybody is as much in love with their Volt as you are.
What's the harm in that?"

He forgot that the owner said this:

"The engine light is still on after two charges, but the car has been driving fine. If the engine light was not on, I would not know there was a possible issue. To date the dealer has treated me very well. Given that IL was not in the initial roll out, and the car is drivable, I can cut them some slack on this."

The car drives fine. He has a minor problem with a coolant valve or sensor. He says that he is happy with the dealership and the car.

The troll turns it into a world shattering event.

What's new?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Judged:

Here is the Chief Opperating Officer of Essurance. He loves his Volt.

I love this:

"My favorite moment in the Volt so far?
Leaving the gas pump after paying only $4 now that was fun!"

I know what he means. In fact, if you look at the pic of my screen, it shows 92 miles of gas range. Not my favorite place to be. I bought 3 gallons of gas when I was going to the MLB playoffs in Oakland. I figured the A's would win and I would have at least one more game to go to. The A's lost!!! I cried.

But now I was stuck with a little over 110 mile range worth of gas. It's taken me that long to get it down to 92. The extra weight brings down your electric range. I like to keep it at around 1 1/2 gallons of gas. Whenever I am going to use any gas, I buy 1 gallon. They look at me weird when I ask for $4 worth of gas.

http://blog.esurance.com/esurance-coo-discuss...
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Judged:

Here are about 24 Volt owners that absolutely love their car as much as I do. Hmmmmm .... seems to be a common thing among Volt owners. The troll finds somebody that is having a temporary problem, which will be fixed and he now says that owner doesn't love his Volt. Nowhere in the quote did the owner say he didn't love his Volt. He only stated his problem and he wanted to get some info from the expert who runs the forum.

Only a troll would turn that into something it is not. Kind of like looking out his back window ... seeing mountains of snow and seeing Puerto Vallarta.

On with the happy owners.

"Why Doesn't Everyone Own a Volt?"

"Hybrid" done right!"

"best car I ever had. just about the most fun as well."

"Fabulous quality, looks, ride."

"A life changing automobile."

"The Chevy Volt is hands down the best car I have ever owned. I have driven it about 9500 miles in the first 5 months. I am able to charge at work, as well as home, and this has made 9000 of those 9500 miles all electric. I've only put in 3.3 gallons of fuel since I owned the car. Electricity to drive those 9000 miles has only cost me $176. The car is cheaper to own, when you add up the loan payment and fueling cost, than my last to vehicles (Mini Cooper and BMW Z3). This really is the future of automobiles."

"The Volt is spectacular. Best car I've ever owned."

"The best car I have ever owned!"

"Best car I have owned."

"Much better than Prius Plug-in or Nissan Leaf"
"I was a Toyota person for a long time and really wanted to buy the Prius Plug-in. But after comparing the Prius & Leaf with the Volt (I even went back and test drove the Prius twice), I bought the Volt. It's a much better car in every aspect than the tin-fold thin Prius Plug in."

"This is the best car I've ever driven in."

http://reviews.cnet.com/coupe-hatchback/2012-...
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Judged:

Uh oh, someone on dream vacation needs some love, big hugs to you!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Judged:

Or this one - 284 deaths: Jeep

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2012/...

Or this one - 200 deaths: Ford

http://www.lieffcabraser.com/Personal-Injury/...

180 deaths: Ford

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/news/ind...

Or this - 34 deaths: Toyota

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-tru...

Or this - 161 fires - injuries, but luckily no deaths: Toyota

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2012/10/10/t...

Or .... how about cars with gas tanks in general - 500 deaths per year

http://www.usfa.fema.gov/downloads/pdf/statis...

http://www.chandlerlawgroup.com/library/natio...

Just adding to your list poo poo. Don't have a cow.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Judged:

Or this:

Or, how about Ford fires that burned down more than 50 homes? Ford did recall vehicles but continued to use the $20 part that was causing the fires for years. Over 500 fires.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/06/16/ford.vehicle...
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Judged:

I know, I know. I'm having a hissy fit by pointing out other manufacturers problems and you are being fair and balanced by pointing out only GM's problems.

Wait ... that didn't sound right.

Well, anyway, no matter how it sounds, that's how you think.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2014

Judged:

Not really, toyota screwed the pooch. They are recall motors. On the bright side, the Volt has now passed 400 million all electric miles and saved over 20 million gallons of gas.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2014

Judged:

Meh, they have a long way to go before dethroning the recall king for the last five years, toyota. I'm more concerned with the 20 million gallons of gas the Volt has saved, that's a positive.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2014

Judged:

Devilsadvocate wrote:
<quoted text>
It will also be very satisfying when it's finally revealed who is doing all the username faking we see here.
Are you ready for that revelation Root?
I'll bet it'll be embarrassing Root--plus you'll be devastated for the loss of all that smutty dialog you seem to relish being involved in.
Your sexual prefrence is your choice, those are decisions you must live with. Get real, Puerto Vallarta, the gay beach capital of North America? Gizmo? Prometheus, Proteus?

You should not blame others for your sexual and posting decisions and you should try to 1 drink less when posting 2 accept responsibility for what you post 3 change your ways. And no just because I was raised and taught that homosexuality is wrong does not make me a homophobe so don't try in as your next line of defense.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2014

Judged:

Lol calling names again, intellectual debate, civil and fair coming from a propaganda troll? Your sexual preference is your business, that I admit but don't try to be an honest open person. I know better.
Obsessed With My Volt

Trumbull, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2014

Judged:

iluvmyVolt wrote:
I know, I know. I'm having a hissy fit by pointing out other manufacturers problems.....Wait ... that didn't sound right.
No it doesn't sound right, but it's one of your typical insecure immature dumbass response. Try trying to stay on topic!
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2014

Judged:

Devilsadvocate wrote:
<quoted text>
The description I used is reality Root.
Only a coward uses tactics like those of yours.
Blah blah blah

400 million electric miles!
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2014

Judged:

blah
blah
blah

Poor homosexual is now outed.Volt has saved mega bucks!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2014

Judged:

This has been posted before, but I wanted to point out how quiet it gets when this owner closes his door upon entering.

His solar panels were covered with snow, so he had his generator running. Pretty loud. This is not trickery or editing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Obsessed With My Volt

Trumbull, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2014

Judged:

iluvmyVolt wrote:
This has been posted before, but I wanted to point out how quiet it gets when this owner closes his door upon entering.
His solar panels were covered with snow, so he had his generator running. Pretty loud. This is not trickery or editing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
What a dolt! Why is he charging the Volt with a portable generator? And that snow is a joke. Only an obsessed Volt luver would be impressed by that nonsense.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2014

Judged:

Devilsadvocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong Luvvy.
Your imagination is on overtime again.
Attempting to get things going again is kinda childish.
But that's the way it's been with you since the git go.
Childish isn't surprising or unexpected.
You and the spoofers seem to have a lot in common.
What do you find childish and what does get things going again mean?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 8,181 - 8,200 of9,207
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Autos Forum right now

Search the Autos Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
First Coast Gears: 'The Judge' proudly holds court 11 hr Mike and Wanda 1
LINCOLN vs CADILLAC: Which is better??? (Jan '08) 12 hr CADDYJP4 241
Court favors disclosing anti-gay marriage donors 22 hr Wondering 1,692
Mexico's auto industry looks to luxury cars 22 hr Concerned 4
Gingrich warns GOP to not be the 'anti' party 22 hr Go Blue Forever 28
Arizona to get unaccompanied immigrant youths Mon shakey 37
radio code for 2002 honda odyssey (Mar '12) Jul 18 shin 7
•••

Buy a New Car