Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11779 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Obsessed With My Volt

Trumbull, CT

#9203 Mar 4, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
This has been posted before, but I wanted to point out how quiet it gets when this owner closes his door upon entering.
His solar panels were covered with snow, so he had his generator running. Pretty loud. This is not trickery or editing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =0vr8krYzS18XX
What a dolt! Why is he charging the Volt with a portable generator? And that snow is a joke. Only an obsessed Volt luver would be impressed by that nonsense.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#9206 Mar 4, 2014
Devilsadvocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong Luvvy.
Your imagination is on overtime again.
Attempting to get things going again is kinda childish.
But that's the way it's been with you since the git go.
Childish isn't surprising or unexpected.
You and the spoofers seem to have a lot in common.
What do you find childish and what does get things going again mean?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#9208 Mar 4, 2014
Devilsadvocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at yourself in a mirror, and you'll find the answer to that question.
PS
Can you suggest when the silly spoofing might stop?
Those who do it apparently believe it has value.
All it does is prove the deficiencies of spoofer's intellect.
So being as you're up to your eyeballs in it, perhaps you might have some influence?
What makes the comment "childish and starts it all up again"? Are we not allowed to even talk about the Volt now?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#9210 Mar 4, 2014
No no no, we should be allowed to talk about the Volt without unwarranted personal attacks by you. This brings the question back yet for a third time. What do you mean by childish and getting everything started up again? That was a straight out attack, and negative.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#9212 Mar 4, 2014
No, you don’t stop anybody from doing anything. What you do is troll off-topic mess, attack people personally then duck and dive when questioned about it. You still haven’t answered the question and can't anser it. I bet it’s because underneath the skin there probably is a good person in there somewhere.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#9213 Mar 4, 2014
Here is good posive article about theVolt. The Volt has gone over 400 million all electric miles with a total count of miles driven of 640 million and has saved over 21 million gallons of gas.

http://cleantechnica.com/2014/02/25/chevy-vol...

“Oh Canada”

Since: Feb 14

Windsor, Canada

#9214 Mar 4, 2014
Root wrote:
Here is good posive article about theVolt. The Volt has gone over 400 million all electric miles with a total count of miles driven of 640 million and has saved over 21 million gallons of gas.
http://cleantechnica.com/2014/02/25/chevy-vol...
Here in Mexico we're getting 700 miles a gallon. This is why we love the Volt.

“Oh Canada”

Since: Feb 14

Windsor, Canada

#9215 Mar 4, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
This has been posted before, but I wanted to point out how quiet it gets when this owner closes his door upon entering.
His solar panels were covered with snow, so he had his generator running. Pretty loud. This is not trickery or editing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =0vr8krYzS18XX
Our Volt is so quiet we close the windows and blast Mariachi music all day without bothering anyone!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#9218 Mar 4, 2014
Devilsadvocate_ wrote:
<quoted text>Here in Mexico we're getting 700 miles a gallon. This is why we love the Volt.
This is good stuff, 700 MPG is excellent. I hear there are a lot of you Kanadians down there in PV. Do you all drive Volts?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#9220 Mar 4, 2014
Devilsadvocate_ wrote:
<quoted text> Our Volt is so quiet we close the windows and blast Mariachi music all day without bothering anyone!
Yes that Volt is very quiet. Did you know the Volt has passed over 400 million all electric miles?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9224 Mar 4, 2014
Root wrote:
<quoted text>What do you find childish and what does get things going again mean?
Wow, huh? Such a reaction. The car's door was open and the generator was blaring. The car's door shut and it was quiet. That was all I said.

My Volt is much quieter than my buddies brand new Silverado. Even my buddy is blown away. Such judgement from someone who has never even stepped foot into a Volt.

Exactly root, what makes is wrong and childish? I'm pretty sure that this is a Volt forum. Getting things started again????
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#9228 Mar 4, 2014
Root wrote:
<quoted text>This is good stuff, 700 MPG is excellent. I hear there are a lot of you Kanadians down there in PV. Do you all drive Volts?
One of the greatest guitar duets ever. Betts and Haynes. But I liked the band better when Dan Toler was with them. He and his brother David.

I saw the Allman Brothers just before Duane Almman got killed. The last time I saw them, Dickey Betts got fired a week later. Nothing happened in the in between times, though. One of the best live bands ever. That's why I caught them as often as possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Obsessed With My Volt

Florham Park, NJ

#9229 Mar 5, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, huh? Such a reaction. The car's door was open and the generator was blaring. The car's door shut and it was quiet. That was all I said.
My Volt is much quieter than my buddies brand new Silverado. Even my buddy is blown away.
Your buddy is blown away? Is that the same guy with the generator who's impressed his Volt can drive in 3 inches of snow?
Obsessed With My Volt

Florham Park, NJ

#9230 Mar 5, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw the Allman Brothers just before Duane Almman got killed.
It's Duane Allman, and he didn't get killed, he killed himself driving his motorcycle like a fool.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#9233 Mar 5, 2014
I'm impressed at how quiet the Volt really is.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#9235 Mar 5, 2014
Big hugs to you.
Jean Michel

Iceland

#9237 Mar 5, 2014
Devilsdvocate wrote:
After a long swim on the gay beach my wife started complaining of pain, itching, and a bad-smelling discharge. The Volt was charged and we went to the doctor. They are currently doing tests to see what the problem is. Thank you GM for making the Volt. It was the only car that she coul get comfortable in and it got us there fast and quiet. I owe my life to the Volt.
Some type of banal bacteria pathogens. Your medical professional will prescibe antibiotics to clear it up. Your wife will be fine.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#9238 Mar 5, 2014
Jean Michel wrote:
<quoted text>Some type of banal bacteria pathogens. Your medical professional will prescibe antibiotics to clear it up. Your wife will be fine.
Could a yeast infection be the cause of her discharge?

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#9240 Mar 5, 2014
Devilsadvocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Sold our condo there 11 years ago.
It's nice, but here in PV offers more, better weather, and it's much faster/easier to get tp.
We wrote off Mexico years ago and haven’t looked back since the early 90’s. During my years in the Service I was stationed in Hawaii for a time and always wanted to go back. After the first trip back this became our retreat. Great snorkeling opportunities, the sunrise from Haleakala, the black sand beaches heading to Hana, I could go on for days. Puerto Vallarta has changed from a low price time share trap for Americans to a drunken hedonistic orgy of young men freely engaging in unrestrained sexual activity and group sex on the beach. Men dancing around in little bikinis on the beach is not what I call a get away. The slippery elevator buttons and door handles, we even found a pink condom on our balcony one morning. It was terrible. Here in Maui we’re perfectly comfortable and love the ginger and endless amenities. Condom flights are a non issue and from DFW we get the non-stop straight into Maui.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#9241 Mar 5, 2014
Devilsadvocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Root, better get your facts straight before posting any more cheap shots.
You refer to the wife as "her".
Whereas the Spoofer who mimics my username and ISP refers to the wife as "he".
Now then Root, given that you're so deeply involved in this Spoofing scam, the least you should do is be consistent.
PS
Life would be much simpler for you if you would only practice what you preach Root.
Think about it.
Fine then, I will refer to your wife as a man if that's what you prefer. I hope HE gets the treatment HE deserves. Big hugs to you and your man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to make FVDI run under VMWare? 3 hr Ambrosio 1
News Graham group takes Mormon cult wording off Web (Oct '12) 4 hr Maggie 8
News U.S. says North Korean submarine missing Aug 25 operation gladio 2
Original Xhorse Mini VCI techstream FW 2.0.4 vs... Aug 25 Ambrosio 1
AUTOPHIX OM123 OBDII EOBD CAN code reader read ... Aug 24 car-diagnostic-tool 1
OBDSTAR F102 Nissan Pin Code Reader Key Program... Aug 23 Spencer5 5
Foxwell NT510 has good success with BMW multisy... Aug 23 lalaura 1
More from around the web