Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11779 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8965 Feb 19, 2014
Note the idiots post 8926. Nowhere does he defend this:

"We don’t want to bore you with cost of ownership calculations. They would most likely overtax mathematically challenged GM groupies anyway. The $40,000 Volt does not save you money. Not a crapload. Not even a little bit. Thanks to a generous $7,500 tax credit and gasoline savings, when all is said and done, the Volt will cost you as much as an average car. Says Tony Posawatz, line director for the Chevy Volt. He told Bloomberg in an interview:"

I proved him and his hater site wrong. No comeback on his part except all the chill pill crap. I don't need a chill pill. I'm having fun shoving his foot in his mouth.

He claims I crap all over the messenger. Well, if the messenger is a liar, he shouldn't complain. He quoted the liar, not me.

The idiot's problem is that he quotes liars. What does he expect in return?

Oh wait ... according to the idiot ... anything you find on the internet is true.(As long as it is negative about the Volt).

His problem is that he has zero experience with the Volt. He wouldn't know a lie from the truth if his life depended on it. And I suspect, that even if he did, he would post it anyway.

But then he whines when I prove him wrong. He calls that crapping on the messenger. Whiner. Cry baby. He got his foot re-inserted into his mouth.

Oh yeah ... and then the Cruz vs Volt fiasco. Talk about a good laugh.

Poo poo. I told you this so many times that I'm not going to mention it again.

When you find a hater quote, don't let your fingers get ahead of your brain.

Go and prove it first. If you can, then post. You won't end up looking like this.

http://02varvara.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/...

Posting a lie doesn't make it truth. Whether you actually believe it or not. Simple rule to live by.

OK ... anxiously awaiting the next Poo Poo's poo poo.
Devilsadvocate

Toronto, Canada

#8967 Feb 20, 2014
Here's a few more questions raised about the economics of EVs...
(Excerpt from Daily Finance website)

"Because of their relatively recent entry into mainstream markets, long-term maintenance costs for electric vehicles remain a money saver.
Even battery lifetimes are not a subject of debate, and improving technology is constantly adding to performance and efficiency.

And at the end of the day, eGallon prices don't mean a thing without gallon prices for perspective so we provide those.
If gas prices drop dramatically, electric vehicles do not lose their mojo.
Or alternatively, if electricity prices head higher, Tesla sales might likewise slow down.
In Hawaii, where high electricity prices currently mean that an eGallon beats out gas by a mere 5 cents a gallon, eight years of driving equates to just $2222 or $2231 in fuel savings for eFocus and Tesla drivers, respectively."

Now watch me have one of my classic conniption fits over these comments!

PS.
Remember, don't be so quick to shoot the messenger. I love the Volt.
If I feel obliged to crap on less than positive remarks about EVs like I usually do, then crap on the article, not yours truly.
Thanks. I love the Volt.
Devilsadvocate

Toronto, Canada

#8968 Feb 20, 2014
I will be posting as Obsessed With My Volt in short order. Stay tuned
Thanks.
Devilsadvocate

Toronto, Canada

#8971 Feb 20, 2014
Here's yet another excerpt from an ecstatic review of the money saving Volt.
Whether one agrees with it or not, it's pause for thought...

"Do the Math

Add it up: The 2013 Chevy Cruze — which is basically a car not like the Volt without the electricity — costs $25,140 comparably equipped to our Volt test car. Comparing its 33mpg EPA mileage to 95mpg with the Volt, it's not going to take a long time to recover the extra cost of the Volt at current fuel prices of about $3.30/gallon.
Gas for the Cruze would cost you around $1,200 per year (driving 12,000 miles), and the gas/electricity equivalent for the Volt would cost less $60 per year.
You'd have to drive the Cruze for more than 17 years to make up that $10,380 price difference.
You're don't have to be committed to energy independence and the idea of an electric car to make this worth it.
But get this: If you only drive short distances using the electric motor like we did, it could take you less than 1year to save that extra $10K."

Devilsadvocate Obsessed With My Volt

Thanks.
Abraham Goldberg CPA

Arlington, VT

#8972 Feb 20, 2014
I've been reading iluvmyVolt's financial posts. I don't think the guy is serious; nobody can be that ignorant! I printed some of his posts and pinned them on the company bulletin board; all the accountants get a good laugh. Based his dopey financial analysis, I doubt the gasbags Volt numbers are credible.
Abraham Goldberg CPA

Toronto, Canada

#8973 Feb 20, 2014
Good morning from Toronto, Devilsadvocate Number Two.
Yes, we know you will be posting as Abraham Goldberg CPA soon.
You rarely seem to miss an opportunity to do your username cloning thing.
I've been reading iluvmyVolt's financial posts. I think the guy is serious; nobody can be that smart! I printed some of his posts and pinned them on the company bulletin board; all the accountants are learning a how much money the Volt saves. Based his excellent financial analysis, I doubt the Nissan Leaf gasbags numbers are credible. I love the Volt. I get around.

Abraham Goldberg Dolt CPA
Devilsadvocate
Devilsadvocate

Toronto, Canada

#8975 Feb 20, 2014
Abraham Goldberg CPA wrote:
Good morning from Toronto, Devilsadvocate Number Two.
Yes, we know you will be posting as Abraham Goldberg CPA soon.
You rarely seem to miss an opportunity to do your username cloning thing.
I've been reading iluvmyVolt's financial posts. I think the guy is serious; nobody can be that smart! I printed some of his posts and pinned them on the company bulletin board; all the accountants are learning a how much money the Volt saves. Based his excellent financial analysis, I doubt the Nissan Leaf gasbags numbers are credible. I love the Volt. I get around.
Devilsadvocate
Putting it a bit more succinctly, if BS was music, I would be dancing to a symphony orchestra!
(Emphasis on the "ochestra" part)
Volt has saved us big bucks. I'll be on the beach later breaking up some ice. Soon to post as Abraham Goldberg CPA soon.

Devilsadvocate on a mexican vacation in Toronto
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8976 Feb 20, 2014
Volt and Spark named two of the most loved vehicles. Tesla tops the overall list. Complete list and complete story at the jump.

http://www.strategicvision.com/press_release....
Dave

Ashburn, VA

#8978 Feb 20, 2014
Current owner of the Volt and understand the praise for this car. Some like it and some don’t. I say to each his own. For me I would buy again. Our driving style fits the car.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8979 Feb 20, 2014
Wow ... here we go again. Somebody found a hater site and is quoting again.

He posts:

"Even battery lifetimes are not a subject of debate, and improving technology is constantly adding to performance and efficiency."

In some people's minds, only 6 battery failures out of 50 million cells isn't dependable enough.

They whine.

From the link:

"Ford began working with hybrid vehicle technology in the late 1980s. The company offered a limited release of the Ranger EV in 1998, the Escape Hybrid in 2004 and the Fusion Hybrid in 2009. Ford draws on the data it collected from these previous-generation efforts, especially the higher volume production hybrids.

For example, 50 million battery cells have been produced since 2004 in previous-generation production Ford hybrid vehicles such as the Escape Hybrid and Fusion Hybrid. Some of these have been put to use in taxi fleets in such cities as San Francisco and New York, with some taxi vehicles attaining more than 250,000 miles individually and taxi fleets in California alone attaining a total of nearly 100 million miles.

Of all Ford production hybrid vehicles produced to date, only six battery cells have failed of the 50 million that were put into use, the company said."

http://www.greencarcongress.com/2012/12/fordk...
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8980 Feb 20, 2014
Battery costs have dropped dramatically.

http://cleantechnica.com/2013/07/08/40-drop-i...
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8981 Feb 20, 2014
Taxi's have put more than 300,000 miles on their batteries.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1023454_to...

This is just a re-hash. But since somebody keeps letting his fingers get ahead of his brain, he can't remember that we went through this two or three times already.

Or maybe he does remember ......
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8982 Feb 20, 2014
Hater posts:

"And at the end of the day, eGallon prices don't mean a thing without gallon prices for perspective so we provide those.
Or alternatively, if electricity prices head higher, Tesla sales might likewise slow down.
In Hawaii, where high electricity prices currently mean that an eGallon beats out gas by a mere 5 cents a gallon, eight years of driving equates to just $2222 or $2231 in fuel savings for eFocus and Tesla drivers, respectively.""

Gas has risen 25 cents in CA in the past month. It is now $3.75 median price.

Gas would have to come down to $2.40 a gallon for me to be at 100 mpg.

My electric rates haven't risen in 10 years.

And this is the biggest laugh of all. This so called "egg-spert" chooses Hawaii to compare gas prices to electric charging costs.

Hawaii has the highest electric rates in the country. By a factor of 3!! In fact, Hawaii has one of the highest electric rates in the world.

Only a hater would let his fingers get ahead of his brain before finding this.

http://www.electricchoice.com/electricity-pri...
Abraham Goldberg CPA

Arlington, VT

#8983 Feb 21, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Hater posts:
"And at the end of the day, eGallon prices don't mean a thing without gallon prices for perspective so we provide those.
In Hawaii, where high electricity prices currently mean that an eGallon beats out gas by a mere 5 cents a gallon, eight years of driving equates to just $2222 or $2231 in fuel savings for eFocus and Tesla drivers, respectively.""
And this is the biggest laugh of all. This so called "egg-spert" chooses Hawaii to compare gas prices to electric charging costs.
Hawaii has the highest electric rates in the country. By a factor of 3!! In fact, Hawaii has one of the highest electric rates in the world.
Thanks again for the laughs.
Abraham Goldberg CPA

Toronto, Canada

#8984 Feb 21, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Hater posts:
Sometimes I put my foot in the mouth and keep on truckin. Volt is the best car ever!

Devilsadvocate on Mexican Vacation
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8989 Feb 21, 2014
Disregard the above post as more off topic spam propaganda from a troll, written by a high school teenager.

Link at the jump:

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/WSS/post....

There's nothing like a propanda troll to give one side of a story. That in fact is propaganda.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8990 Feb 21, 2014
Devilsadvocate wrote:
<quoted text>
It is entertainment of a sort. Not always funny, but always predictable.
First laugh of each day is usually Luvvy and one or more of his customary hissy fits.
Next of course, will be the Fakers arriving on the scene--most of their stuff is so ridiculous as to be laughable, and clearly indicative of some major hangups.
Children pretending to be adults.
Nasty, rude, off topic name calling and childish to boot.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8993 Feb 21, 2014
What I said is truthful and unlike you provided the whole factual story to readers so they can have the honest truth. You provided propaganda and as rebut, failed to cleanse yourself of wrongdoing and continued with condescending speech. Try the high road sometime, it's worth it and better for all.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8996 Feb 21, 2014
What I said was truthful and what you said was not, it also meets the exact definition of propaganda. Calm down and deal with it. If at some point you decide to take the righteous road I will welcome you with open arms. Life is too short for such behavior.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8998 Feb 21, 2014
I don’t do those things. You can say I do those things, as you always do. Just because you say something doesn’t make it true. I have denied doing those things and you come back with something like “if you deny it means you did it”. So your baseless allegations remain as that, baseless (and rude) allegations.

My suggestion is to be nice to others and post truthful statements that aren’t biased, and share the full story. You’ve now called me several names and in return I offer you truth and the option of welcoming you with open arms. You should do the same.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Feds: Stop driving these Honda models immediately 10 hr Go Blue Forever 1
how to chose obd scanner for our car? 11 hr lanrce 1
Launch CRP TOUCH Pro FULL System Diagnostic Ser... 12 hr car-diagnostic-tool 1
Xhorse Condor XC-Mini key cutting adds 16 Multi... 14 hr Ambrosio 1
Free Download Psdzdata 3.58.2.001 E-sys 3.26.1 Thu Dtwok 2
News Goodbye, 12-volts Thu Solarman 3
toyota recalls 850,000 trucks due to frame rot! (Apr '08) Thu Janealen 213
OP-COM 2012V/ VAUX-COM 120309a Free Download (Oct '15) Jun 9 lalaura 21
More from around the web