Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11780 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8864 Feb 15, 2014
It's the same old argument that solar haters make. They say that solar owners never recoup the money spent. That money was spent. Period. You can't recoup money that you spent.
Look at these numbers. Note "total savings" That means that the solar paid for itself at a certain time.
http://1bog.org/blog/infographic-how-much-doe...
That means that from that point on,$1 spent on fuel by someone without solar is $1 down.
$1 saved by a person that has solar is $1 up.
Everybody starts at zero man!!!! Nobody was born with money in their pocket .... sheeeesh.
Gadzooks man. What is it about this simple math that haters can't get?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8866 Feb 15, 2014
Devilsadvocate wrote:
If the majority of US citizens do their accounting like Luvvy does, no wonder the country has a poor bond rating. Like up to the wazoo in deficit.
I was always taught that Zero plus Zero equals Zero.
Luvvy claims that Zero plus Zero equals One!!(or More!)
Go figure.
You're a feeking idiot. Where did I say zero plus zero equals one. Once again you are spewing crap all over the place.

Zero minus 1 is -1
Zero plus 1 is + 1

That is a spread of 2.

Now wonder everybody hates you.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8867 Feb 15, 2014
Hey hater, I've saved over $2,000 on gas. That was income that I put in the bank.

I subtract that from the cost of my car.

That $2,000 you spent on gas is added to the cost of your car.

That means that the costs of the two cars are now $4,000 more apart than they were before.

That's elementary school stuff. You call yourself a businessman?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8872 Feb 15, 2014
Hey idiot poo, you forget that my car, according to KBB is worth much more than a car owned by someone who pays payments and drives a lot more than me. Do you want me to go to KBB and do the math?

I paid cash.

Here is KBB's site for the Volt. Click on 5 year cost to own and plug in 7,500 miles a year and no finance.

What's the savings? Oh .....$4223!!!

Plus $2,000 for gas!!!

That's $6,000.

And don't forget, you freaking idiot, I have already proved to you that Volts are selling for a lot more than KBB is reporting in my area.

So add another $1,000.

Ohhhhhhh ..... that's $7,000

You're an idiot.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8874 Feb 15, 2014
So,$32,000 I paid for my car minus $7,000 I've saved by being smart.

That's $25,000.

You're an idiot.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8875 Feb 15, 2014
Here you go, idiot. The very first car is the exact same car as mine with the exact same miles. 16,000 miles. They are asking $27,000. I can add another $1,000.

Why? Because I won't be charging state tax and dealers fees which will add up to another $2,800.

So, this means that my $32,000 car got me back $4,000, and saved me $2,000 in gas. Hmmmm .... that means I spent $2,000 for 30 months.

Hmmmmm .... that comes to $66 a month.

http://www.carmax.com/search...

You're an idiot.

"I can add the cost of gas to the cost of my car, but you can't subtract the savings for gas from the cost of your car. Why? Because I hate your car"
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8876 Feb 15, 2014
Here you go, idiot. PG&E, a real company, unlike your phantom companies, is going to replace it's fleet of pick-up trucks with Via Motors. Volt's on steroids.

A potential savings of $2,700 per truck, per year. More than $9,000,000 savings on fuel per year.

You don't think they are looking at the cost per truck minus the savings? Of course they are. Why? Because they have real accountants who know how to add and subtract.

They take their savings and subtract it from the cost of the vehicle. Over a period of time, the savings is more than the difference in cost for the vehicle. That is how real business is done.

http://www.pgecurrents.com/2012/03/22/for-pge...

You and the dolt. Put together, you can't add.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8877 Feb 15, 2014
Made an error, plus I forgot to subtract the savings I got for paying cash. You can't handle that, can you?

Here you go, idiot. The very first car is the exact same car as mine with the exact same miles. 16,000 miles. They are asking $27,000. I can add another $1,000.

Why? Because I won't be charging state tax and dealers fees which will add up to another $2,800.

So, this means that my $32,000 car cost me $4,000, and saved me $2,000 in gas. Hmmmm .... that means I spent $2,000 for 30 months.

Hmmmmm .... that comes to $66 a month.

http://www.carmax.com/search ...

You're an idiot.

"I can add the cost of gas to the cost of my car, but you can't subtract the savings for gas from the cost of your car. Why? Because I hate your car"
Hans

Brussels, Belgium

#8878 Feb 15, 2014
Devilsadvocate wrote:
<quoted text>
No sir, you're wrong.
If one guy spends $2000 for gas on his car, and the other guy doesn't, the difference in the costs of operating those two cars is $2000, not $4000.
Sorry pal, but that's the way it works.
You should have stopped at stupid. Now you look assinine.

“Oh Canada”

Since: Feb 14

Windsor, Canada

#8879 Feb 16, 2014
Good Morning to Luvvy, Root, and all the pseudonames being posted as copies of yours truly.
Weather this morning is, well, basically the same as yesterday, and the day before, and the day before........y'all who have ever been here know the drill.
Went for a walk on the Malencon around the huge marina here, and every Sunday they have a public market with crafts, art, miriachi bands, produce etc .
It's fun to just stroll around the displays and stop to listen to music, etc.
We then went to the "Lighthouse" (a pub at the top of a big old lighthouse and had a couple of mango margaritas, enjoyed the view from up there, etc.
We traveled down in our Volt and she's returning huge savings. This is one car we will never leave. I'm a rich business man and my wife is proud of me.
Hope springs eternal!!
Obsessed With My Volt

Trumbull, CT

#8881 Feb 16, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Hey hater, I've saved over $2,000 on gas. That was income that I put in the bank.
I subtract that from the cost of my car.
That $2,000 you spent on gas is added to the cost of your car.
That means that the costs of the two cars are now $4,000 more apart than they were before.
That's elementary school stuff. You call yourself a businessman?
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."

luvie we know you love your volt, but you're really making a fool of yourself with this dopey stuff.
Obsessed With My Volt

Trumbull, CT

#8883 Feb 16, 2014
Devilsadvocate wrote:
<quoted text>
He's nuts!!
And I've got a sneakin' hunch he's just nuts enough to be involved in all this spoofing nonsense.
He's so far out there, I have reservations about anything he posts about the Volt.
Devilsadvocate

Toronto, Canada

#8885 Feb 16, 2014
All the pseudo screen name cloning being foisted on us by the spoofer creeps is sensual and exciting.
I've corresponded with Topix re the vulgar trash talk that's happening using my screen names. They advised me to take matters into my own hands so I'm bringing out the big guns.
Apparently they're laughing at me when time permits, but I use a masking software which makes tracking more difficult.
Root is one of the known and more common participants.
I've gotta be a little twisted to be involved in that crap--over a perfect car like the Volt? Luvie we know you love your volt, but you're really making a fool of me with this dopey stuff. I love the Volt.

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/87500/Qu...
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8886 Feb 16, 2014
Hans wrote:
<quoted text>You should have stopped at stupid. Now you look assinine.
Can you believe these two? They both believe that everybody is running around with a magical pair of pants that has a pocket with a dollar already in it.

These magical pants not only have a dollar already in the pocket, the dollar is replaced every time you pull it out. That was his argument in post #8868 .

"Please show us how the latter created that $1 he's "up" when he didn't spend or receive anything".

He didn't receive anything? Magical pants. That is the only answer.

In everybody else's real world, we have to go to work. Why? Because we are out of money. We then have to earn that dollar, get paid, by check on payday, and then either cash it and spend it, or cash it and save it.

So, did we receive that dollar? You bet we did. It was our hard earned dollar. But we received that dollar in the form of a check. Didn't receive anything? Wow

He had zero, earned a dollar and had to cash his check to buy gas. His car now cost $1 more.

I had zero, earned a dollar and had to cash my check but didn't have to buy gas. My car now cost $1 less.

In anybody's book, that is a $2 difference.

But he thinks every Volt owner also owns magical pants. Wow.

He should go into business and sell those magical pants that he has. But this wouldn't be a pseudo-business. Everybody in the world would want to buy those magical pants. Can you imagine the rush to the stores?

How much would pants with an eternal dollar in the pocket cost? He would be a trillionaire.

I have run into many haters like this. They use the old argument that the Volt will take 10 years of his buying gas to make up the difference in price.

When I point out to them that my money, received in the form of a check didn't fly into the pump, but into my savings account, Why? Because my Volt saved it for me. I can thus deduct that money from the cost of the car, just like they have to add their expense to the price of their car. But, they won't allow me to deduct from the price of the Volt because that would mean that they are wrong and that the Volt would make up the price in half the time.

Didn't receive anything. It was always there. An eternal dollar. Magical pants.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8887 Feb 16, 2014
To the two idiots. Chevy Volt owners have now saved over $70,000,000 by not purchasing gas.

Please show me how the $70,000,000 was always in their pocket. In a magical pair of pants.

You buffoons. If they didn't go to work, they would run out of money. Just like everybody else, except you two. They didn't receive anything. What world are you living in that Volt owners never receive anything?

That running out of money is called .... believe it or not .... zero. If they fail to go to work, it is soon on the negative side of zero. Just like buying gas.

The businessman turns out not to be a businessman. Any businesses' books has a red and a black in their ledger. The thing in the middle is called zero.

Didn't receive anything. Whacked!!!

PG&E is wasting their money. They don't have to save on gas and add it to profits. They already have the money. Why? Because they don't receive anything.

Didn't receive anything. Hey idiot. Say it 100 times and it will then sound stupid to you, just like it sounds stupid to everybody else in this world. Except for Volt haters, of course.
Obsessed With My Volt

Trumbull, CT

#8888 Feb 16, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you believe these two? They both believe that everybody is running around with a magical pair of pants that has a pocket with a dollar already in it.
These magical pants not only have a dollar already in the pocket, the dollar is replaced every time you pull it out. That was his argument in post #8868 .
"Please show us how the latter created that $1 he's "up" when he didn't spend or receive anything".
He didn't receive anything? Magical pants. That is the only answer.
In everybody else's real world, we have to go to work. Why? Because we are out of money. We then have to earn that dollar, get paid, by check on payday, and then either cash it and spend it, or cash it and save it.
So, did we receive that dollar? You bet we did. It was our hard earned dollar. But we received that dollar in the form of a check. Didn't receive anything? Wow
He had zero, earned a dollar and had to cash his check to buy gas. His car now cost $1 more.
I had zero, earned a dollar and had to cash my check but didn't have to buy gas. My car now cost $1 less.
In anybody's book, that is a $2 difference.
But he thinks every Volt owner also owns magical pants. Wow.
He should go into business and sell those magical pants that he has. But this wouldn't be a pseudo-business. Everybody in the world would want to buy those magical pants. Can you imagine the rush to the stores?
How much would pants with an eternal dollar in the pocket cost? He would be a trillionaire.
I have run into many haters like this. They use the old argument that the Volt will take 10 years of his buying gas to make up the difference in price.
When I point out to them that my money, received in the form of a check didn't fly into the pump, but into my savings account, Why? Because my Volt saved it for me. I can thus deduct that money from the cost of the car, just like they have to add their expense to the price of their car. But, they won't allow me to deduct from the price of the Volt because that would mean that they are wrong and that the Volt would make up the price in half the time.
Didn't receive anything. It was always there. An eternal dollar. Magical pants.
You've gone from looking foolish, to making a complete ass of yourself.
craig

United States

#8889 Feb 16, 2014
Obsessed With My Volt wrote:
<quoted text>
You've gone from looking foolish, to making a complete ass of yourself.
Your momma so hairy the only man that will sleep with her is Canadian.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8894 Feb 16, 2014
Root,

Speaking of Louisiana. I forgot to mention a guy that is amazing guitarist. He's from your neck of the woods, so you have probably seen him, or at least heard of him. His name is Sonny Landreth.

Amazing artist!!! He is one of Claptons favorite American blues artists. Clapton is a huge fan of American Blues. His yearly show on the Isle of Wight almost always includes Landreth. They also have collaborated on albums.

If you haven't seen him, keep an eye out. I have had the extreme pleasure of seeing him 4 times. Front row every time. I wish he lived out here. I'm serious.

I love this band. Anyway, I hope you get the chance to see him if you already haven't. Money well spent.

This is actually one of the shows I saw him at.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Playng with Clapton

This is awesome!

Root

Shreveport, LA

#8898 Feb 17, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Root,
Speaking of Louisiana. I forgot to mention a guy that is amazing guitarist. He's from your neck of the woods, so you have probably seen him, or at least heard of him. His name is Sonny Landreth.
Amazing artist!!! He is one of Claptons favorite American blues artists. Clapton is a huge fan of American Blues. His yearly show on the Isle of Wight almost always includes Landreth. They also have collaborated on albums.
If you haven't seen him, keep an eye out. I have had the extreme pleasure of seeing him 4 times. Front row every time. I wish he lived out here. I'm serious.
I love this band. Anyway, I hope you get the chance to see him if you already haven't. Money well spent.
This is actually one of the shows I saw him at.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Hm-RNMSGLpYXX
Playng with Clapton
This is awesome!
Another very talented guitarist is Jeff Beck.
Devils advocate

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#8900 Feb 17, 2014
Correction--finger problems--my bad..

Make that "Gibson 1938 J 35"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mehdisoft Nov 17 asgari123 1
News Exclusive: Dr. Phil feels 'violated' over stole... (Sep '12) Nov 15 cadescove99 6
XTOOL X-100 PAD Tablet Key Programmer (Nov '15) Nov 15 jimmyLIN 20
Tips to unlock KVM in Land Rover Nov 15 Ambrosio 1
News Tony Stewart wants back in a NASCAR Xfinity car... Nov 12 New Phartse 7
(11.11 Big Promotion) BMW ICOM Next A+B+C Nov 8 FMPC001 1
5 cylinder chevy colorado (May '07) Nov 7 Irishmenshamrock 317
BMW ISTA-D Rheingold 4.05.23 free dwonload her... Sep '17 willburr555 5
More from around the web