Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11784 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Root

Shreveport, LA

#8832 Feb 14, 2014
Devilsadvocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dimbulb...if you're gonna play the username spoofing game, at least learn how to do it right.
Which "Windsor Canada" are you pretending to be from?
Probably the same one as you. hmm

Just face it, you've messed up too many times. Time to lick the chops (or whatever it is you lick). lol
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8834 Feb 14, 2014
Umm, make sure that's the moon rising. Nice daghter by the way. lol

Good night devil troll.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8835 Feb 14, 2014
Chevy forever wrote:
<quoted text>
Your first sentence is the only one true,,
I predict that Within ten years half of all vehicles will be electric,
http://youtu.be/2qCu0XgpQzs
http://youtu.be/q_cRqcbXAs4
http://youtu.be/jYG5Z6ypp8Q
Cool videos. This is a guy that took a Factory Five MK4 kit and made it electric.

In case you aren't familiar with Factory Five, they are probably the premier Cobra kit company in the world. They also have about 5 other awesome kits. All top notch.

https://www.factoryfive.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

My favorite is the GTM, which is basically a street legal race car. A GTM with the lowest horsepower engine in it can eat up production Ferrari's all day. There are 1,000 hp engines available for it. They are built to accept Corvette engines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Obsessed With My Volt

Trumbull, CT

#8837 Feb 15, 2014
As expected a simple discussion of basic electricity sends the Obsessed One on a cut and paste babbling frenzy. Tell us again about the toaster cord and total resistance in the house, LOL! WTF are you talking about? Lets get back to basics: residential electric meters, whether they be electromechanical or electronic, calculate power usage (KWH) using voltage and current over time. It's simple, no need for all your psycho-babble. I do apologize about posting the Ohm's Law pie chart, that was unfair.
Obsessed With My Volt

Trumbull, CT

#8839 Feb 15, 2014
Devilsadvocate wrote:
You are dealing with an individual who has a problem coping with what he perceives to be even the slightest provocation.
Faced with any form of perceived contradiction Luvvy will immediately launch into a long winded frenzy of self serving and sanctimonious rhetoric in defence of what he imagines to be an attack on his very being.
His angry and impassioned responses are often laced with name calling, cynical and vitriolic insults, and twisted inferences, which are often indicative of an obsessive need to bolster some deep rooted insecurity.
I would suggest not pushing this individual too aggressively, lest he suffer some more severe form of anguish which could push him over the edge.
You're right, the Obsessed One seems to have a very short fuse, and can go off anytime. I bet his relatives dread family gatherings.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8841 Feb 15, 2014
Obsessed With My Volt wrote:
As expected a simple discussion of basic electricity sends the Obsessed One on a cut and paste babbling frenzy. Tell us again about the toaster cord and total resistance in the house, LOL! WTF are you talking about? Lets get back to basics: residential electric meters, whether they be electromechanical or electronic, calculate power usage (KWH) using voltage and current over time. It's simple, no need for all your psycho-babble. I do apologize about posting the Ohm's Law pie chart, that was unfair.
You are the one that said that I didn't know what I was talking about when I stated that it cost less to use a 220v charger than a 110v charger.

You went off the deep end with ohm's law. There is only one thing measured on your bill. It is kwh. Period.

You won't find voltage mentioned one time on your bill. Once again, they don't care what voltage was used to end up at the kwh total.

If you can't see that an appliance can be more efficient by using 220v instead of 110v, that is your problem.

It is basic. You are the one that tried to make it magical. I was the one that was talking basic. You were the one that babbled about ohm's law.

Once again, those numbers spinning on your meter are kwh's. It takes 13.1 kwh's to charge a Volt with a 110v charger. It takes 12.5 kwh's to charge a Volt with a 220v charger.

That was the original statement, long before you opened your mouth and inserted your foot. Now you claim that you didn't muddy up the scene with your rant about ohm's law. Nobody on God's green earth cares about ohm's law. They only care about their energy bill, which is calculated in kwh's used.

Thank you for admitting that it is basic, though. At least you did backtrack on that.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8842 Feb 15, 2014
Dolt, I provided two links to prove that it cost less to chrge the Volt with a 220v charger. Your rant about ohm's law and your statement that I didn't know what I was talking about is proof of your ignorance about the subject.

Do this forum a favor, for once and provide a link that proves me wrong. Otherwise, admit that you are an unabashed liar. I liked you better when you didn't open mouth and insert foot. Lying is one thing. Trying to prove that you know something about the subject of this forum is another. You end up with egg on your face.

Please, stay the way you were. Just lie and don't act smart.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8843 Feb 15, 2014
Here is a pretty long article that speaks to experienced Volt owners. However, I think it is interesting to note that this family had two Volts that were monitored for a little over a month.

Almost all of their ranges were from the mid 40's to the high 40's. Sometimes into the 50 miles range. Pretty typical Volt owner experiences.

It is also interesting to note that these are older Volts that don't have the extra range the newer Volts do.

http://gm-volt.com/2013/02/26/a-tale-of-two-v...
From the link:

I was tasked by GM engineers to drive both red and white Volts to battery exhaustion before recharging, comparing the two vehicles. I came up with the best scenario I could- to have my wife drive two round trips (41 miles) to work and I would finish up until gas started burning. The results below show readings after those two round trips, and then what was displayed when the ICE kicked in. My wife valiantly avoided using anything but bare minimum fan for climate control.
1/15 White 41 miles traveled, 11 miles left estimated, 22 percent charge
remaining, 8.2 kwh used
1/16 White 49.6 miles at ICE start, 10.3 kwh used
1/17 Red 41 miles traveled, 14 miles left estimated, 26 percent charge remaining,
7.8 kwh used
1/18 Red 52.4 miles at ICE start, 10.4 kwh used
1/24 White 41 miles traveled, 4 miles left estimated, 7 percent charge remaining
1/24 White 44.2 miles at ICE start, 9.8 kwh used
1/29 White 41 miles traveled, 9 miles left estimated, 19 percent charge remaining
2/4 White 48.4 miles at ICE start, 10.2 kwh used
2/5 Red 42 miles traveled, 6 miles left estimated, 13 percent charge remaining,
8.8 kwh used
2/6 Red 49.2 miles at ICE start, 10.1 kwh used
2/7 White 43 miles traveled, 6 miles left estimated, 12 percent charge remaining,
9.0 kwh used
2/10 White 48.8 miles at ICE start, 10.3 kwh used

For the last two weeks of comparison, the route was altered to include 70
mph Interstate driving for several miles on the return home leg of the
commute, on each day (cruise control was used). This resulted in no
electric miles left after the two round trips.
2/12 Red 46.5 miles at ICE start, 10.3 kwh used
2/14 White 41 miles at ICE start, 10.3 kwh used
2/19 Red 38.7 miles at ICE start, 10.0 kwh used
2/21 White 46.6 miles at ICE start, 10.5 kwh used
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8846 Feb 15, 2014
Wow. Dolt is on a bender.

All I said was that it takes fewer kilowatt hours to charge the Volt with a 220v charger and I explained why. Simple. The utility meter reads fewer kwh's.

Read his rant. Ohm's law? Why would I want to explain simple electricity using ohm's law. 98% of the population doesn't even know ohm's law and wouldn't get it the first time around. He calls that simplifying the discussion? What?

My post - Post 8784

"In other words, it takes 13 kwh's, on average to charge the Volt using the 110V charger. It takes slightly less than 13 kwh's using the 220V charger because the fan / heater come on fewer times."

His post - 8793

"What are you babbling about now? Twenty years working for an electric utility and you just can't explain simple electricity using Ohm's Law; but then again your butchering of simple math and financial analysis is well documented. Study up on Ohm's Law and get back to us with some cut and past ramblings; it will give you something to do while you're sleazing a free charge for your Volt."

And by the way dolt, I have never charged anywhere but at home. And there are no more free charging stations, other than Tesla stations for their owners. They haven't been free for quite a while. But you wouldn't know that, would you? You just open mouth and insert foot.
Devilsadvocate

Toronto, Canada

#8847 Feb 15, 2014
My nuts hurt. I love the Volt.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8848 Feb 15, 2014
Dolt.

You pay $1 for gas. You are down $1.

I don't spend $1 for gas. I am up $1.

That is a $2 spread. Even your hero in "Mexico" knows that.

OK ... I'll simplify it. We both work at Burger King. We both have $0 in our pocket. We both earn $1. We both cash our check.

You buy gas. I don't buy gas. From our original starting point of $1, your ledger shows $1 down. My ledger shows $1 up.

OK .... oh, by the way. I woke up this morning and my car was filled up. It cost me $0.65 because I only drove 24 miles yesterday.

That's 7.43 kwh's I used.

http://www.hark.com/clips/zdsnsjyvld-woo-woo-...
Devilsadvocate

Toronto, Canada

#8849 Feb 15, 2014
Whoosh! Last night we had the annual VDG party. This is a fundraiser we have every year on Valentines Day called the Valentine Day Glory Party (VDG for short) a tradition in Canada. My wife, daughters and I construct a big wooden box and paint it red with pretty sparkles and tinsel. We put my wife in the box. The secret is we drill a hole in the box right where her mouth is. We place the box on a dark alley and set up shop. The hole is for men to put their genitals and get serviced. The rate is only $15.00 (20.00 if youíre black). In four hours my wife serviced 17 men and three transvestites! We made a ton of money. This money will be used for a down payment on another Volt for one of my daughters. I love the Volt. Life is good.

http://thembatimss86buthelezi.files.wordpress...
Obsessed With My Volt

Trumbull, CT

#8852 Feb 15, 2014
Devilsadvocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Luvvy, once again, your fuzzy math is showing.
Unless you've found a way to create money out of thin air.
And if you have, then kindly show us all how.
Read this--and keep reading it until it sinks in...
"I spend $1 for gasoline.
I have $1 less in my pocket.
You don't spend $1 for gas.
Your pocket hasn't gained or lost anything".
Nothing changed in your pocket Luvvy!!
Wake up and smell the roses Luvvy!
That's a $1 spread, not $2.
Looks like the Obsessed One went posting postal again; however his math and financial analysis skills always gives me a good laugh.
Devilsadvocate

Toronto, Canada

#8854 Feb 15, 2014
Luvvy, once again, I made a mistake and your smart math is showing.
Unless you've found a way to create money out of thin air, Iím still wrong.

And if you have, then kindly show us all how because we wonít have to put my wife in a box for money.

Iíll read it again and smell the roses Luvvy!

That's a $2 spread, not $1. Rock it baby!

Did I mention my wife spreads? You can see her testicles from the back when she does. Stop making me look like a dumbass Luvvy.
Devilsadvocate

Toronto, Canada

#8855 Feb 15, 2014
Devilsadvocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Root, why not clean up your act and stop this silly spoofing.
Your juvenile intimidation tactics aren't working.
Besides, your psychotic fantasies speak more about you than those you're mimicking.
Root, why not clean up your act and stop this silly spoofing.
Your juvenile intimidation tactics are working and making me look like a dumbass.
Besides, your psychotic fantasies speak more about my wife than those you're mimicking.
I love the Volt and will always love the Volt.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8857 Feb 15, 2014
Woops, the text in the pic should say "at 2 cents per mile", not gallon. 2 cents per gallon would be awesome. The world would be filled with Hummers.1050
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8858 Feb 15, 2014
Devilsadvocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Luvvy, once again, your fuzzy math is showing.
Unless you've found a way to create money out of thin air.
And if you have, then kindly show us all how.
Wake up and smell the roses Luvvy!
That's a $1 spread, not $2.
Dolt. Do not go into business. The tax man will have your ars and you will be in the pen.

-$1 ....... 0 .........+1

That's a spread of $2.

Even your buddy knows I'm right. OK ... enjoy your simple life. Just don't use your math when you buy a home. You'll be behind in payments in no time.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8859 Feb 15, 2014
I take that back. Even your so called business man buddy doesn't know what starting from 0 means.

And he's supposed to have a vast empire of business. Sheeeeeesh.

Even he thinks that the money in our pockets was always there. I guess nobody has to work for a living anymore.

As for me, when I earn $1 and save $1, I'm $1 to the black side of zero, where I started from. When you earn $1 and spend $1, you're $1 to the red side of zero, where you started from.

Now I really know that your buddy is no business man.

Tell your buddy in frigid land that everybody starts at zero. Money doesn't grow in your pocket, although it sounds like he believes it does.

It's called a ledger. He has now let it be known that he doesn't know books.

-$1 ..........0 ..........1

What's the spread?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8860 Feb 15, 2014
$72,000,000 has now been saved by Chevy Volt owners. Gas they didn't have to purchase. This is money that was earned. It wasn't always in their pocket.

The gas car owners that had to earn $72,000,000 had to spend it.

I Volt owners bank accounts, it's called earnings +$72,000,000

$0 - Where everybody starts. Even trolls.

In the pockets of big oil, it's called expenditures -$72,000,000

What's the spread?

http://www.chevrolet.com/volt-electric-car.ht... |_GM+Chevy+Retention_|_GG-RTN- Chevy-Volt-BP-SN-BMM_|_Awards_ |_%2Bvolt%20%2Bchevy%20awards
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8862 Feb 15, 2014
And remember, we are talking about the cost of two cars. When you put $5 into the tank of your car, it cost $5 more to own.

When I don't have to put $5 into the tank of my car, I subtract from the cost of my car.

Only troll can't see that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New item-- MATCC Car Seat Protector--70% off 46 min Lindsey Lauren 1
1998 Honda Civic wet seatbelt Sat DL George 1
News BMW boycott sought by Jesse Jackson Fri spysea 1
News Jeep Patriot: An Unpleasant Surprise (Jan '10) Oct 20 Guy with jeep pat... 38
5 cylinder chevy colorado (May '07) Oct 18 Bob D 316
News GM to Introduce at Least 20 New EVs by 2023 Oct 17 BS Repellent 6
EU cars key programmer advice, Lonsdor K518 is ... Oct 12 lanny717 2
More from around the web