Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: taintedgreen.com 9,227

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Full Story
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8788 Feb 13, 2014
This is what happens when nobody cleans up after the poo.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/165/2/...
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8789 Feb 13, 2014
Let's see ... here are some fake Volt positive stuff .... according to the poo man. I guess he knows more than the Europeans, JD Power, the SAE, BMW, and on and on and on and on.

First American car ever to be named European car of the year.

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2012/03/volt-amp...

Chevy Volt named Best Engineered Car by the world renowned Society of Automotive Engineers

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2011/04/ch...

BMW chooses the Volt as the car to beat when designing the i8

http://www.thestreet.com/story/11451833/1/how...

Chevy Volt named most loved car by owners in JD Power study for third year in a row.

http://insideevs.com/chevy-volt-wins-j-d-powe...

Diesel Car publication names the Chevy Volt Best Eco Car

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/chevy-volt-...

And about 20 other awards, including two from Motorweek. The most awarded car in history. Ouch ... that hurts trolls. Especially when their ears are already freezing from the sub zero weather in "Mexico".
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8790 Feb 13, 2014
Somebody forgot. In the only real test for the Volt's popularity among it's owners, it received the highest rating ever, by any car, in history. That was before the Tesla S went on sale. But it still won it's categories award three times in a row.

That forum can't be faked.

Oh wait ... the trolls believe that Volt owners are so ashamed about buying this piece of crap that they go around telling everyone how awesome the car is just to save face.

Yeah ... that's it.

Poo fishing in "Mexico"

http://theinspirationroom.com/daily/commercia...

“Oh Canada”

Since: Feb 14

Windsor, Canada

#8791 Feb 14, 2014
Volt is cute as a button and saves lives.
Obsessed With My Volt

Newtown, CT

#8793 Feb 14, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
This is how I know a fake from a real owner. It's called first hand experience. First hand experience is something trolls lack, badly. Well, at least the dolt is unabashed. He is a proud liar. He doesn't hide the fact that he doesn't know squat about the Volt. Read on.
Speaking of the fake KBB Volt owner reviews. One of the other negative reviews that does not come from MI, is by another hater / fake. How do I know it is fake?
1. He claims that it costs more to charge using a 220 V charger than a 110 charger.
2. He claims that there is an extra charge for 220v charging
3. He claims that his charging costs are more than gasoline.
First of all, a kwh is a kwh. Doesn't matter if it is used by a 110v appliance or a 220v appliance. Whether it is a 4 watt light or a 1500 watt space heater. It is still just a kwh. No power company charges different rates for a dryer than it does a light. They only charge for the amount of energy used by those items. The amounts are different, but the rate for those amounts are the same.
What are you babbling about now? Twenty years working for an electric utility and you just can't explain simple electricity using Ohm's Law; but then again your butchering of simple math and financial analysis is well documented. Study up on Ohm's Law and get back to us with some cut and past ramblings; it will give you something to do while you're sleazing a free charge for your Volt.
Obsessed With My Volt

Newtown, CT

#8794 Feb 14, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
"This car is the ultimate failure. Cost of charging 220 volt (extra charge ) is more than the cost of fuel. Cant sell mine due to the fact nobody wants this piece of garbage. Car is now 3 years old and its not even worth 20,000. What a dummy i was. I guess this explains why gm is leasing at 199 with a 42,000 residual. Nobody wants it""
6 people out of 35 found this review helpful
We all know it drives you crazy, but there is a lot of truth to that statement. The Volt will be a short lived contraption, a maintenance ticking time bomb, it will be in the Rube Goldberg Museum before too long; Wait for it!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8796 Feb 14, 2014
Uh oh, the devil is trolling again.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8797 Feb 14, 2014
Devilsadvocate wrote:
Proper definition of "Devil'sAdvocate"--n ot the pathetic psychbabble of a somewhat confused Flamer calling himself Root---
"Devil's advocate
In common parlance, a devil's advocate is someone who, given a certain argument, takes a position he or she does not necessarily agree with, for the sake of debate. Wikipedia"
No that is not the proper definition.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8799 Feb 14, 2014
ďItís good enough for meĒ The mark of completing something 50%, or not complete and a lack of standards.
Actually there is a proper definition of Devilís Advocate though much beyond your scope, dealing in a juridical manner to address beatification and canonization. By you butchering the term and flaunting it around is pure blasphemy.
Using it in your context with a proven pro homosexuality tense i.e. calling one homophobic for expressing their beliefs against homosexuality. Using the term to participate in trolling actions and bragging about your various accomplishments, business, family and vacations proves that.
Not to mention, the Advocate is the largest publication for pro-lesbian, gay and transgendered support and news.

Good grief this is a thread about a car. Is it that important for you to disgrace the car and make fun of others that do like it at every opportunity, to squander an outlet for owners to share and participate in the opportunity to share? Or do you just want to troll to prove a point?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8801 Feb 14, 2014
What's wrong, the real definition hurts? Troll on..

Chevy Volt commercial:

Root

Shreveport, LA

#8803 Feb 14, 2014
Hilarious, you donít even know how to get a fake picture of Mexico to us. Iíd hate to see you trying to operate a Volt.ďWhatís this thing do? It doesnít make any noise! Why don't we have to fill up?" Crash

Canít expect much more from a troll masquerading as an advocate for the devil I suppose. Lol

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8804 Feb 14, 2014
Obsessed With My Volt wrote:
<quoted text>
We all know it drives you crazy, but there is a lot of truth to that statement. The Volt will be a short lived contraption, a maintenance ticking time bomb, it will be in the Rube Goldberg Museum before too long; Wait for it!
Dolt. Think hard. I'm obsessed with my car.

You, on the other hand, are obsessed, not only with my car, but with me.

You couldn't break away from that obsession if you tried with all your might. You would lay in bed just sweating from the addiction.

I, on the other hand, couldn't care less if you never posted again. However, as I stated before, at least you are an unabashed liar. You know zero about the Volt, yet you post, merrily away and you don't try to hide your ignorance in any way, shape or form. I kind of respect that.

OK ... have a good one.

http://redchocobo.blogspot.com/2012/07/i-hate...
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8805 Feb 14, 2014
<quoted text>
What are you babbling about now? Twenty years working for an electric utility and you just can't explain simple electricity using Ohm's Law; but then again your butchering of simple math and financial analysis is well documented. Study up on Ohm's Law and get back to us with some cut and past ramblings; it will give you something to do while you're sleazing a free charge for your Volt.
Dolt, once again you show your ignorance. Ohm's law has nothing to do with your utility bill. Ohm's law has much more to do with resistance than it does with kilowatt hours.

The resistance in the cord of your toaster is much more than the resistance of the cord of your refrigerator.

But in the end, it is the flow of electrons that make your meter spin that is the only thing that is monitored.

The power company could care less what total resistance there is in your house. They only care about the little numbers your meter puts out. Go outside and look at your meter. At the end or those little numbers, it says kwh. Probably every meter in the country says that. I don't know, but every meter in the country does monitor kwh's.

Sorry to re-educate you.

You asked for it.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8806 Feb 14, 2014
Devilsadvocate_ wrote:
Volt is cute as a button and saves lives.
Very true.

http://www.plugincars.com/chevy-volt-totaled-...

http://insideevs.com/video-owner-testimonial-...
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8808 Feb 14, 2014
Anyway .... latest numbers from the running tab.

Latest numbers: 37 - 0

Page 392 - 6 related posts to 2. 1 semi negative and 1, very vortexed, hater driven post.

Page 394 - 2 related posts to 0.

Page 395 - 2 related posts to 0

Page 396 - 1 related posts to 0

Page 397 - 3 related posts to 0

Page 398 - 3 related posts to 0

Page 399 - 4 related posts to 0

Page 400 - 2 related posts to 0

Page 401 - 5 related posts to 0

Page 403 - 5 related posts to 0

Page 404 - 3 related posts to 0

Page 405 - 1 related post to 0

Total for this portion:

31 to 0

Guess who had zero?
craig

Oklahoma City, OK

#8809 Feb 14, 2014
What's up with the prick from Mexico?
Obsessed With My Volt

Newtown, CT

#8810 Feb 14, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Dolt, once again you show your ignorance. Ohm's law has nothing to do with your utility bill. Ohm's law has much more to do with resistance than it does with kilowatt hours.
The resistance in the cord of your toaster is much more than the resistance of the cord of your refrigerator.
But in the end, it is the flow of electrons that make your meter spin that is the only thing that is monitored.
The power company could care less what total resistance there is in your house. They only care about the little numbers your meter puts out. Go outside and look at your meter. At the end or those little numbers, it says kwh. Probably every meter in the country says that. I don't know, but every meter in the country does monitor kwh's.
Sorry to re-educate you.
You asked for it.
Clueless babble!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8811 Feb 14, 2014
<quoted text>
Here you go, dolt. The headline is:

"The Electric Bill Project:An Elementary School Introduction to Energy"

http://www.sci-ed-ga.org/modules/k6/elec/elec...

They are showing you how your bill is calculated. Nowhere on there do you see anything about ohm's law or the resistance of the path of your appliances. 1 kwh passing through a cord with the maximum amperage of 15 amps is equal to 1 kwh passing through a cord with the maximum amperage of 10 amps. Or 5 amps. The kwh takes longer to pass through the lower amp cords. But, it is still a kwh.

Remember, ohm's law is current is equal to the voltage / resistance.

Remember, resistance is equal to the voltage divided by the current (amps).

In other words, if you try to put 220 volts through an extension cord with only 5 amps max load, you will fry it.

Most 220v appliances come with 30 amp cords. Most small extension cords are around 7 amps.

Just think of it this way. The bigger around and the shorter the cord, the more amps, the less resistance. You can actually picture it in your head. Well, maybe not. The more copper in the diameter of that cord, the more electrons can flow through it because of the diameter. If the cord is shorter, the electrons have a shorter path to flow.

Or, simply stated, touch the cord. If it's hot, unplug and get a bigger cord.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8812 Feb 14, 2014
<quoted text>
Clueless babble!
Sure ... learned something, did we?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8813 Feb 14, 2014
craig wrote:
What's up with the prick from Mexico?
No, he's not from Mexico. He's in Canada, pretending to be in Mexico. He's a Canaxican.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GM's unreliable cars keep mechanics in business. (Sep '10) 3 hr GM junk 13
Top SBB Key Programmer V33.02 - Auto Key Progra... (Dec '13) 9 hr Ricky 7
For $2,999, Is This 1987 Yugo GV Better Than No... 15 hr Zeppelin 1
Suffering from range anxiety? Seeo's battery pr... 20 hr Solarman 1
Obama's plan: 'Deport felons, not families' Wed WeTheSheeple 727
auto tool x-100 (May '13) Dec 23 yellowbend 4
Watch A Truck Haul Away A 35-Ton Whale Carcass Dec 23 Dave 1
More from around the web