Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: JJFADS | Full story: taintedgreen.com

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Comments (Page 398)

Showing posts 7,941 - 7,960 of8,516
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Only an uneducated idiot would think that 75% of all negative posts being from one place is normal. 100% of all of the posts from that state were not only negative, but pure diatribe.
He howls that I can't prove it. However, he forgets his claim that the positive posts on Facebook were all done by one Volt owner.
I already proved that 75% of the negative posts in the KBB site were from one place. How? You simply read the posters location. That's called "duh" factor. A rational, intelligent human being can deduce from there.
So, now that the rational people have decided, he has yet to prove that the Facebook site was faked. Poo-troll. Go back to that site. I'll take 75%. If you can prove that 75% of all the posts are somehow linked, I'll admit you are in Mexico. I won't mean it, but I'll admit it. Remember, you said 100%.
Quit your projectile poo'ing and prove something you spew, just for once. Don't come back with the diatribe you have repeated 10 times per page for over 300 pages. I already proved the 75%.
Prove something.
Ultra Limited Use Vehicle

Trumbull, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

This forum is really getting really weird! I come here to discuss the limitations of the contraption also known as the Volt, and all I read is postings about gay and perverted sex. Could it be that there is a large percentage of Volt owners who are flamers and sexual degenerates? Perhaps voltieluver can't cut and paste some statistics on that subject.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

Just calm down, watch some whales, shovel some snow on the beach, talk to Andy. It's just a car.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

Calm down, no need to lose control. Go watch some whales, eat some great lakes perch but for goodness sake stop your spoofer control outbursts. Celebrate the Volt and no more spoofing.

“the process is complete”

Since: Jun 09

Maui, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

Devilsadvocate wrote:
Truth be told, there's no need for yours truly to "prove" anything.
The "proof" which is being so enthusiastically sought is already here.
That "proof" has been here all along, and is self evident.
There are actually two fundamental truths in this forum, as follows:
(1) There's a somewhat insecure (neurotic?) poster from the Bay Area in California who is a first time Volt owner, and goes to ridiculous extremes in justifying his ownership of that car. He is unable to deal with even the slightest challenge without resorting to childish tantrums. His reactions to any form of criticism are frequently obsessive and irrational.
(2) A poster who most commonly posts under the name of "Root" sees himself as the owner and chief arbiter of this forum, and goes to great lengths to control the agenda here.
Root's attempts at control most commonly include IP Spoofing--cloning usernames of those he objects to, and posting vulgar and offensive comments under those cloned usernames.
You overplayed your hand, and now you are squirming like a bait box full of worms. Your argument was a straw man, and you are doubling down on it by accusing others of doing what you did, and being what you are. Be polite to others.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

Ultra Limited Use Vehicle wrote:
This forum is really getting really weird! I come here to discuss the limitations of the contraption also known as the Volt, and all I read is postings about gay and perverted sex. Could it be that there is a large percentage of Volt owners who are flamers and sexual degenerates? Perhaps voltieluver can't cut and paste some statistics on that subject.
Awesome!!!

http://redchocobo.blogspot.com/2012/07/i-hate...

“the process is complete”

Since: Jun 09

Maui, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

In other news the prius has now been recalled again. Ouch!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

Once again. Poo-troll can't prove, so he resorts to "I don't have to prove anything." But he begins the sentence with "truth be told".

That's called trolling. Look it up.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

This is interesting reading.

From the link:

"So even though the Volt's electric range is rated at 38 miles, while that of the Leaf is 76 miles, Volt owners drive more electric miles a year.

The data comes from the EV Project Vehicle Summary Report (April-June 2013) issued by the U.S. Department of Energy."

" http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1088628_c... ;

My take is that many Leaf owners buy their car because of the msrp. Most of them find out that they only use about half of the range.

According to the last census, the average American drives slightly less than 38 miles per day.

But this doesn't account for the Volt owners driving more electric miles. This should mean that they drive the same electric miles.

I believe the difference is that Volt owners take their cars on long trips and they can charge up at charging stations, etc. Leaf owners have to take their second car.

That may be the reason. Who knows. But it is interesting.
Devilsadvocate

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

Me, by any other name (actually he's known by many other names!), is also known as Leagle Beagle.
Our resident chameleon--so transparent.
Unfortunately, there are always some who need such tacky and underhanded tactics.
The big question is what do they hope to gain by doing it?

Devil
Devilsadvocate

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

The chief flamer most commonly calls himself Devilsadvocate.
His most fervent admirer is known as the wife with biguns.
They have a symbiotic relationship born of a common cause--control the panties.
Unfortunately, they fail miserably in their childish endeavours, and often resort to some decidedly irrational tactics as a result. These tactics often include sexually deviant IP Spoofing. Volt is the best car in the world.

Devil
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>You overplayed your hand, and now you are squirming like a bait box full of worms. Your argument was a straw man, and you are doubling down on it by accusing others of doing what you did, and being what you are. Be polite to others.
His hand was over played a long time ago when he started the lies.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

Letís think about this for a minute.
The spoofer talks about homosexual sex, his wife, his children, cottages, vacations, airplanes, odd sexual fantasies etc.
He/she is from Canada but pretends to be on vacation.
He/she canít answer questions and tries hard as hell to change the subject when boxed in the corner like a dog.
Calls himself Devilís Advocate.(Advocate of the Devil)
Satan=Beast
Beast=Dog=Beagle
Advocate=Gay and Lesbian support group
Gay and Lesbain=Sin
Sin=Devil
So letís break this down.
Homosexuality is sin, brought forth by the devil.
He calls himself an advocate of the devil.
The Advocate is a publication and the leading source for up-to-date and extensive LGBT news.
Many of his posts speak of homosexuality or crude sex acts.
Frankly, I think the man is off his rocker. Weíre dealing with a gay devilís advocate whom probably has some fetish for the Volt. Evil works in strange ways.
*Edit* he calls himself the Devils Advocate, not me. His words, not mine.
Ultra Limited Use Vehicle

Manassas, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

This forum is really getting really weird! I come here to discuss the limitations of the contraption also known as the Leaf, and all I read is postings about gay and perverted sex. Could it be that there is a large percentage of Leaf owners who are flamers and sexual degenerates? Perhaps Devilsadvocate can cut and paste some statistics on that subject.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Homosexuality is sin.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Ultra Limited Use Vehicle wrote:
This forum is really getting really weird! I come here to discuss the limitations of the contraption also known as the Leaf, and all I read is postings about gay and perverted sex. Could it be that there is a large percentage of Leaf owners who are flamers and sexual degenerates? Perhaps Devilsadvocate can cut and paste some statistics on that subject.
Probably not a good idea to ask anything from an advocate of the devil. If I can solicit three posts in a row from it/him/her by speaking truth and honesty, we're dealing with a ticking time bomb.
Devilsadvocate

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

Third place, my wife in a Volt tutu.
Devilsadvocate

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

Today's weather in beautiful Puerto Vallarta..

Clear stanky skies.
Light breeze from the southwest with stained under garments.
Visibility unlimited with glasses.
Sea conditions light chopped lettuce with muff.
Pool temperature 45 celsius.
Lots of chaise lounges bras and umbrellas available.

Life is good at my shed.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

This is how I know a fake from a real owner. It's called first hand experience. First hand experience is something trolls lack, badly. Well, at least the dolt is unabashed. He is a proud liar. He doesn't hide the fact that he doesn't know squat about the Volt. Read on.

Speaking of the fake KBB Volt owner reviews. One of the other negative reviews that does not come from MI, is by another hater / fake. How do I know it is fake?

1. He claims that it costs more to charge using a 220 V charger than a 110 charger.

2. He claims that there is an extra charge for 220v charging

3. He claims that his charging costs are more than gasoline.

First of all, a kwh is a kwh. Doesn't matter if it is used by a 110v appliance or a 220v appliance. Whether it is a 4 watt light or a 1500 watt space heater. It is still just a kwh. No power company charges different rates for a dryer than it does a light. They only charge for the amount of energy used by those items. The amounts are different, but the rate for those amounts are the same.

In fact, it is actually cheaper to charge a Volt using a 220 V charger because there are either fans that come on in hot weather or the heater for the battery will come on in cold weather.

The quicker the charge, the fewer times the fan or heater will come on, thus making it more efficient.

In other words, it takes 13 kwh's, on average to charge the Volt using the 110V charger. It takes slightly less than 13 kwh's using the 220V charger because the fan / heater come on fewer times. But the actual kwh's to charge the battery itself is the same. One takes longer that is all. The fan / heater take up energy not stored in the battery. You still have to pay for it. There is also heat loss through the cord.

You tell me if you think this guy is real: Note his comment: "Cost of charging 220 volt (extra charge ) is more than the cost of fuel."

Now, in order for charging costs to actually be more than the cost of gas, his charging cost would have to be 45 cents per kwh. Nowhere in the USA does electricity cost that much.

Note how many people believed him. 6 trolls. Only trolls would believe this diatribe. Problem is, he's caught in two lies.

As I stated before, if you are going to lie about a subject, you should at least know your subject. However, non Volt owners may fall for this tripe. Thus the reason for our resident trolls.

"GM Failure
By john (FL) on Thursday, September 05, 2013

I own this car - My approximate mileage is 22,000

overall rating 1 of 10rating details
Likely to recommend this car?(1-10): 1

"This car is the ultimate failure. Cost of charging 220 volt (extra charge ) is more than the cost of fuel. Cant sell mine due to the fact nobody wants this piece of garbage. Car is now 3 years old and its not even worth 20,000. What a dummy i was. I guess this explains why gm is leasing at 199 with a 42,000 residual. Nobody wants it""

6 people out of 35 found this review helpful

Pure diatribe. The only garbage was coming out of his mouth.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

This is the same as one of the fake Volt owner posts that poo-troll posted. In that post, the "owner" stated:

"L is a lot noisier than I remember, starting to get the saw spin down sound. Probably that cage that people had replaced. "

Wow. Glaringly false ... to a real Volt owner. As I stated before, there is no transmission. There is no real D or L. They are only software. Whether the car is in D or L, the route from the electric motor to the wheels is exactly the same.

If there is going to be noise in L, there has to be noise in D.

This is how a real Volt owner spots fakes. And that is how trolls get sucked into the vortex of fakes.

the trolls post 8590

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 7,941 - 7,960 of8,516
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Autos Forum right now

Search the Autos Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Huge Trouble at Foreign Toyota (May '09) 11 hr Gomer 222
pobama25@yahoo. com is The Best 14 hr john kenney 3
Fast N' Loud finds the first two Pontiac Firebi... 15 hr 427kingdotcom 1
Pope Francis leads Good Friday service 19 hr Sol 1
Toyota Loses Two Nuts in Latest Recall Sat Devilsadvocate_ 9
Oriental Toyota Gets Put On Probation Sat Mexican Sex Slave 21
Off the Hook: NHTSA closes probe on Toyota Taco... (Sep '08) Apr 17 CharleneBlake 62
•••

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••
•••
•••