Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11784 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8616 Feb 4, 2014
Obsessed with my Volt wrote:
<quoted text>
No self respecting volt owner would ever admit to being a sucker.
My friend from Half Moon Bay was spot on about Santa Clara, and the obsessed one is the Stereotypical citizen.
http://redchocobo.blogspot.com/2012/07/i-hate...
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8617 Feb 4, 2014
The troll, liar forgot to post this from the blog he quoted from.

That is different. My nearby lightning strike blew up my panel in the garage. The Volt was plugged in but the charger took the brunt by burning out a contact. The charger would still light but indicated a fault. The Volt was untouched by electrical damage and started right up.

Lightning strikes are never predictable in their damage. My appliances were 50/50 for surviving. One garage door opener made it and the other went brain dead. Hopefully all you need is a reset or something similar.

Hey troll, what do you think would happen to your cars computer if it got hit by lightning? Even a close hit.

Your an idiot.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/165/2/...
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8619 Feb 5, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
The troll, liar forgot to post this from the blog he quoted from.
That is different. My nearby lightning strike blew up my panel in the garage. The Volt was plugged in but the charger took the brunt by burning out a contact. The charger would still light but indicated a fault. The Volt was untouched by electrical damage and started right up.
Lightning strikes are never predictable in their damage. My appliances were 50/50 for surviving. One garage door opener made it and the other went brain dead. Hopefully all you need is a reset or something similar.
Hey troll, what do you think would happen to your cars computer if it got hit by lightning? Even a close hit.
Your an idiot.
Hence propaganda troll. Enough about that, once a man has been reduced to that level there's usually a very low recovery rate and we get stories about his vacations and vd.
But anyway, this brings up a story about lightning. Don't underestimate it. About 15 years ago it struck our telephone pole. The surge travelled through the cable and into the house. Ruined were two computers, modems, one answering machine and a TV, all the phones were dead. Really not relevant to the Volt, just an eye opener about the forces of mother nature.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8620 Feb 5, 2014
Root wrote:
<quoted text> Hence propaganda troll. Enough about that, once a man has been reduced to that level there's usually a very low recovery rate and we get stories about his vacations and vd.
But anyway, this brings up a story about lightning. Don't underestimate it. About 15 years ago it struck our telephone pole. The surge travelled through the cable and into the house. Ruined were two computers, modems, one answering machine and a TV, all the phones were dead. Really not relevant to the Volt, just an eye opener about the forces of mother nature.
Oh, I never underestimate lightning. I saw huge trees get cut down to embers during the monsoons. Also, I made a pretty hefty amount of overtime because of lightning strikes.

In fact, I was training a newbie when there was lightning about 15 miles away. I told him to get down, now. He told me, in effect, that I was a pu$$y.

The next morning, we heard that a neighboring worker was killed by the lightning that was still fairly far away from him. It traveled through our grounding system and knocked him off the pole.

Needless to say, the newbie listened to everything I told him from then on. It's not the fall. It's the sudden stop.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8621 Feb 5, 2014
Some people think that bad Volt news is interesting. Funny thing though .... it's only the bad news that is interesting. He's just trying to be fair and balanced.

Problem is, fair and balanced for the Volt is 97% good news and 3% bad news. That is what JD Powers says, anyways.

Speaking of JD Powers:

These are the results when only real Volt owners can report their experiences with their cars.

Anybody can log on an unrestricted site and say they were electrocuted by a plastic shifter that has no path to the battery. Or their Volt's non-existent transmission has a clunk. Or their charge door fell off (sheeeesh). Or they have loud electrons during regen. Or they are from MI and they just hate the Volt like everybody else in MI does.

Anyway. Real Volt owners only. Reputable source. Honest results.

2011 J.D.Powers award recipient - compact car category. Chevy Volt.

http://gm-volt.com/2011/08/01/chevy-volt-tops...

2012 J.D.Powers award recipient - compact car category. Chevy Volt.

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1078031_2...

2013 J.D.Powers award recipient - compact car category. Chevy Volt.

http://autos.jdpower.com/research/Chevrolet/V...

Headline:

"Chevy Volt Wins J.D Power APPEAL Award for 3rd Consecutive Year; Volt is Still Only Plug-In to Ever Win"

http://insideevs.com/chevy-volt-wins-j-d-powe...
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8622 Feb 5, 2014
Headline:

"Chevrolet Wins North American Car, Truck Of The Year Awards"

http://autos.jdpower.com/content/blog-post/i3...
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8627 Feb 5, 2014
Oh yeah ... in my listing of all the fake Volt owners complaints ... I forgot the biggest lie of all. And it was the poo who made it up.

He actually met a Volt owner who's car couldn't beat a Dodge Journey's mpg. So the Volt got under 21 mpg.

This is a physical impossibility. This guy has been busted in so many lies that you can't trust anything that comes out of him.

I suspect that his brain is freezing over while he's staying in his pretend condo in pretend Puerto Vallarta.

Please spare us all the bs about your many businesses and cars and homes and your condo and blah blah blah blah. You can't even prove the stuff you post without a link. You expect us to believe the stuff that there are no links for?

Obsessed with my Volt

Florham Park, NJ

#8628 Feb 6, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Headline:
"Chevrolet Wins North American Car, Truck Of The Year Awards"
http://autos.jdpower.com/content/blog-post/i3...
I can't believe J.D. Power didn't give the award to the Chevy Volt. What are stupid; J.D. Power has lost all credibility!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8630 Feb 6, 2014
The new Volt will come with 4 g wireless.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8632 Feb 6, 2014
Wrong
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8637 Feb 6, 2014
Devilsadvocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Ye of little faith.
We know trusting isn't easy for you, but in this case you will reluctantly learn the error of your ways.
4G in a car is an unnecessary evil.
A marketing gimmick, and a costly but wasteful option.
wrong
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8638 Feb 6, 2014
Devilsadvocate wrote:
More of my family members are arriving in PHPV today. Volt is the best car ever!!
This is one of my daughters.
http://i.imgur.com/A7M0PSt.gif
Devil
Add two horns and a tail. Lol
Orwellian Dilemma

Austin, TX

#8640 Feb 6, 2014
Root wrote:
The new Volt will come with 4 g wireless.
Cars of today have developed into such advanced machinery we’re getting to a point of technological saturation. Back in the 60’s were the cars of tomorrow and it would’ve been fine by me if they had stayed that way.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8641 Feb 6, 2014
Obsessed with my Volt wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't believe J.D. Power didn't give the award to the Chevy Volt. What are stupid; J.D. Power has lost all credibility!
OK, dolt. Let me explain this to you in the most simplistic (simplest) terms.

J.D. Powers didn't give the Volt the award.

The owners did.

J.D. Powers only mails out questionnaires to owners.

The owners mail them back with their opinions.

J.D. Powers only tally's the results.

J.D. Powers then announces the results.

I hope this helps you out.

Your take on the world is based on your muddied up knowledge. It is that way because of your hatred.

To hate the Volt is one thing, but to not know how J.D. Powers announces winners in all categories is due to your inability to get past the fact that the Volt won it's category 3 years in a row.

This stopped your brain from working. Had your hatred not stopped your brain from working, you could have simply searched the net to find out how J.D. Powers announces the winners.

OK .... just a thought. Next time, search before you insert foot.
Devilsadvocate

Toronto, Canada

#8642 Feb 6, 2014
We use 3 Silverados and a Chevy cube van in the rubber sex toy shop.
They give us good service and get used hard like my partner.I just traded my own personal 2012 VW Bug for a pink 2014 Fiat.
It has had 2 recalls since we got it in December, and still has one troublesome snag they can't seem to correct. The headlights blink like my wife’s pouting chest parts.Not happy with this new one (Fiat of the Year?) but will stick it out until 2016---then we'll see.

The transvestite traded her VW for a Lexus just last month, and licks it.
She won't have another VW because it was in the shop too often for petty snags.
Looked at a Caddy (Car of the Year) but didn't like it--said it felt clunky like her breasts.

And yes, we use a lot of lubricant. So what?
But our vehicles aren't "around town commuter cars", and we don't mind the cost of stretching our legs for flexibility.

PS..
It's not necessary to make me look like a dumbass because of a lightning strike story.
My wife got medicine for her HPV warts.
Volt is the best car ever!
Devilsadvocate

Toronto, Canada

#8643 Feb 6, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, dolt. Let me explain this to you in the most simplistic (simplest) terms.
J.D. Powers didn't give the Volt the award.
The owners did.
J.D. Powers only mails out questionnaires to owners.
The owners mail them back with their opinions.
J.D. Powers only tally's the results.
J.D. Powers then announces the results.
I hope this helps you out.
Your take on the world is based on your muddied up knowledge. It is that way because of your hatred.
To hate the Volt is one thing, but to not know how J.D. Powers announces winners in all categories is due to your inability to get past the fact that the Volt won it's category 3 years in a row.
This stopped your brain from working. Had your hatred not stopped your brain from working, you could have simply searched the net to find out how J.D. Powers announces the winners.
OK .... just a thought. Next time, search before you insert foot.
Stop making me look like a dumbass!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8644 Feb 6, 2014
Name calling and blowing hard

"Blowhard is an informal word describing someone who can't stop talking about themselves or their accomplishments, real or imagined."

His many businesses, cars, homes, condos, travels, accomplishments.

http://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/blowhard

No comeback for real facts pertaining to this forum. That being, Chevy Volt has won the J.D. Powers owner appreciation award 3 years in a row.

Remember, once you have made up a story like the one that claimed that the Volt only got 20 mpg ... or the Dodge Journey got 44 mpg ... you are busted. How are we to discern which is real and which is imaginary? Answer .... you can't. You must consider all of it a dream.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8646 Feb 6, 2014
Orwellian Dilemma wrote:
<quoted text>Cars of today have developed into such advanced machinery we’re getting to a point of technological saturation. Back in the 60’s were the cars of tomorrow and it would’ve been fine by me if they had stayed that way.
Buy old cars.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8647 Feb 6, 2014
For those of us that don’t intend on using all the pre installed apps these systems will come with, the beauty about the 4G LTE ability in the car is that you can utilize the faster data points of 4G LTE in your vehicle with your existing phone plan. I consider that a win win and a positive for all persons interested in utilizing such tech.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8648 Feb 6, 2014
Root wrote:
For those of us that don’t intend on using all the pre installed apps these systems will come with, the beauty about the 4G LTE ability in the car is that you can utilize the faster data points of 4G LTE in your vehicle with your existing phone plan. I consider that a win win and a positive for all persons interested in utilizing such tech.
This video is over two years old, but still quite impressive. However, I would not have any use for it, but I can see where families, in any car with this system would probably need it. Just to keep the kids from constantly asking "are we there yet?", let alone all of the other benefits. Movies seem to be quite a bit nicer on a 10 inch screen than on a phone.

I'm fine with my car the way it is. I remember when I first bought the car, one of the haters I ran into told me that I would look stupid in the morning if I forgot to plug in my car. He thought the Volt was electric only, with only 40 miles of range, period. After I informed him that the Volt actually had gas, I also informed him that the car will text me if I forgot to plug it in. That's about as advanced as I want to get. I had to stop the car from telling me when it was fully charged because it woke me up in the middle of the night.

So, what is the one piece of gear that I ended up loving the most? The key-less operation of the car. All I have to do is touch the door handle to unlock. I walk away and it locks itself. I never have to take the fob out of my pocket.

You absolutely get hooked on this. When I drive my van to the Home Depot, etc., I almost always walk up to the car and try to open the door without the key!!! It's weird.

I also like being able to roll the windows down on a real hot day from over 300 feet away. Quite a few cars have those abilities.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Watch This Man Save An Elderly Woman From Being... (Mar '17) Mon Charlie Estupefacto 3
XTOOL x100 pad 2 newest update and carlist - al... Sep 15 jimmyLIN 3
How to use Autel Maxisys Data Logging function Sep 15 Ambrosio 1
GM Problems - Are You Having Problems With Your... (Aug '08) Sep 13 OBD2TOOL 394
MPPS V18 clone success and failed Sep 13 OBD2TOOL 2
ODIS 4.1.X which 5054a and what operating system? Sep 13 OBD2TOOL 2
Autel DS808 price, update, review, car list, forum Sep 11 OBD2TOOL 5
More from around the web