Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11780 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8488 Jan 30, 2014
Speaking of related posts:

This is an interesting video of a Volt battery "teardown". I learned stuff watching this.

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8489 Jan 30, 2014
My son texted me today. He is now over 20,000 miles. I am still just under 16,000. That's what happens when every day is Saturday.

Anyway ... he is still at 12 gallons of gas.

He also informed me that Saleen plans to produce their version of the Tesla S.

http://jalopnik.com/saleens-first-ever-electr...

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/2014/1/3...
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8491 Jan 31, 2014
To LuvmyVolt.....

No apolgies?
Not unexpected!!!

Well, at least you showed us the ratio of your posts to others.
You are being modest however.
Truth be told, you actually post in a much higher ratio to all others in this forum
You certainly win the prize for the most posts though.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8492 Jan 31, 2014
Car And Driver's review of the ELR.

&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8493 Jan 31, 2014
Consumer reports review of the ELR. Unfortunately, he makes a statement at the end that isn't quite correct.

He states that the ELR costs the same as a Tesla S. And that the S can go 300 miles on a charge. Top of the line S costs over $100,000. Even Consumer Reports barely got 230 miles in the S, and that was after shutting down all but necessary systems.

&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8494 Jan 31, 2014
Setting the record straight--again.......

Yesterday, luvmyVolt called me a bunch of nasty names and repeatedly boasted he had "rubbed my nose in poo" (whatever that means!!) over an incident last year.
Conduct like his yesterday is quite common, unfortunately.
Someone calling himself "Dolt" had made some really ugly remarks about LMV's wife and grandaughter early last year.
The gist of LMV's insults and name calling yesterday was that I "supported" those ugly comments and was therefore worthy of those insults and names.
I searched posts from last year, and found several instances where I had personally told the "Dolt" person he was clearly out of line in making his ugly comments. An example as follows........

Quote:(post to Dolt Page 235, post 4951)
"Yes your remark about the grand daughter was out of line, but to your credit you acknowledged that and apologized."

So our dear friend Luvvy needs to retract his nasty and offensive comments.
Will this happen?
Probably not.
He tends to focus on other people's shortcomings, not his own.
Name calling, nastiness, vitriol, and false accusations are his trademark.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8495 Jan 31, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
My son texted me today. He is now over 20,000 miles. I am still just under 16,000. That's what happens when every day is Saturday.
Great information, thanks for sharing. Btw- loved the example of car related posts vs propaganda troll posts. Keep a running tab in the future. Much easier to expose feces on the dog nose that way. I like the idea of the ELR coming with a charge station.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8496 Jan 31, 2014
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Great information, thanks for sharing. Btw- loved the example of car related posts vs propaganda troll posts. Keep a running tab in the future. Much easier to expose feces on the dog nose that way. I like the idea of the ELR coming with a charge station.
It's clear now there are at least two other individuals with "feces on their noses"
Not sayin' exactly who, but their initials are Root and LuvmyVolt.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8497 Jan 31, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Consumer reports review of the ELR. Unfortunately, he makes a statement at the end that isn't quite correct.
He states that the ELR costs the same as a Tesla S. And that the S can go 300 miles on a charge. Top of the line S costs over $100,000. Even Consumer Reports barely got 230 miles in the S, and that was after shutting down all but necessary systems.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =hzoDcEue-9sXX&feature=you tube_gdata_player
Cr gets many things wrong, some things they get right. More often then not they are wrong.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8498 Jan 31, 2014
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Cr gets many things wrong, some things they get right. More often then not they are wrong.
Sources like Consumer Reports aren't always the best source of information about Volt or any car.
I prefer hearing from consumers directly. I truly believe if you want good, honest, and realistic critiques, it comes directly from consumers themselves.

Heres one from a consumer in Michigan who caught my eye....

The Chev Volt is the worst vehicle I've owned
by Hilal from Dearborn Heights, Mi | January 26, 2014

Some people are having positive feed on the 2013 Chevy Volt. Take it from me the truth about this car. I have been leasing vehicles every two years for the past twenty two years and this is the worst nightmare I have ever leased and stuck with. Had the car for Six months and taken to the dealer six times, once a month. Problems started with the charge hold, first two months it was holding 40miles a charge and dropped to 34miles. When the cold weather hit, it dropped to 22miles a charge and under. The charging door issue, wont open most of the time, so using gas again, serviced twice for that. Braking system very dangerous and unsure how it passed the government testing. On slippery surfaces this vehicle will slide and won't stop, anti lock system kicks on about two seconds after it needed to and still sliding. Blind spots all over the vehicle. heating system takes a long time to heat the car. Windows always fogging up unless the defrost is on full fan speed. Wiper blade design is horrible. There is a lot more to list but those the most important for to me. If you live in a cold or snow state the car is not for you. I think Chevy made a big mistake.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8499 Jan 31, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Do you happen to know how much the level 2 charger that comes with the ELR run?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8502 Jan 31, 2014
By the way. He got that review from this site. He very conveniently left out all the remaining reviews, which were real volt owners. Needless to say, he left them out because he hated them. Didn't match his take on the Volt.

He's vortex prone.

http://www.cars.com/chevrolet/volt/2013/consu...
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8503 Jan 31, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
By the way. He got that review from this site. He very conveniently left out all the remaining reviews, which were real volt owners. Needless to say, he left them out because he hated them. Didn't match his take on the Volt.
He's vortex prone.
http://www.cars.com/chevrolet/volt/2013/consu...
Beagle is a propaganda troll and his head is spinning. Best to just let him get his rants out. Ignore him until he calms down. One thing to remember though, he likes the Volt. Lol
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8504 Jan 31, 2014
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Beagle is a propaganda troll and his head is spinning. Best to just let him get his rants out. Ignore him until he calms down. One thing to remember though, he likes the Volt. Lol
Well ... he does live in a MI suburb. I completely forgot about that. There's a nest of haters up thar.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8505 Jan 31, 2014
Geez, I wish you two would ignore me, but you seem unable to do so, either directly or indirectly.
Instead, you act like a couple of cliquey high school girls most of the time.

So pleeez--do your ignore thing. And I'll do mine.

PS....
Just in case you've forgotten, I've never said "I liked Volt", nor have I ever said "I disliked Volt"
All I've ever said was "I don't dislike Volt".
Meaning I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
Something wrong with that?
So why don't you just give up beating that old cliche to death?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8506 Jan 31, 2014
I like how that MI hater started out his post.

"Some people are having positive feed on the 2013 Chevy Volt. Take it from me the truth about this car."

Some people. There were 42 positive posts out of 43 before he came along.

But the ramblings from the only other negative poster are a howl ... this is real funny stuff:

"STop Aiming For Average And Give Us Who Will Buy This A True Electric Car W Extended Range Ie A Car That Will Stop Moving Eventually. Not A Perpetual Range Initially Electric Hybrid.60 Miles OptionI to Run Engine When I Need 120. Let Me Run The Engine While I'm Watching The Movie Or Eating Dinner. I'm A Big Boy I CaN Figure Out The Theater Is Further Than Just My Battery Will Go. If I Wanted To Drive A Small Car To Florida At 36Mpg ID Buy A Focus To Average Only 10Mpg Over Prius To Go To Work I Would Have Been Better Off Buying Used Prius And Waiting For An Actually Electric car"

Perhaps the poo didn't want to embarrass himself by posting that one!!!! I couldn't stop laughing.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8507 Jan 31, 2014
In that infamous website being dissed for its not so favourable consumer comments, there are a few which aren't all 5 stars.
Here's another one...

"
2013 Chevy Volt
by Moji from Chicago, IL | November 26, 2013

Well built, solid car. Premium materials and finishes. Charge sustaining mode mileage is pretty good. Range is affected by outside conditions.. Ie more mileage when warmer, less when colder. Overall it's a pretty cool car, but best if you have the ability to charge at work and home or have 30-50 mile round trips."

" But best if you have the ability to charge at work or at home or have 30 to 50 mile round trips"
Kinda says it all, doesn't it?
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8508 Jan 31, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
"Some people are having positive feed on the 2013 Chevy Volt. Take it from me the truth about this car."
But the ramblings from the only other negative poster are a howl ... this is real funny stuff:
"STop Aiming For Average And Give Us Who Will Buy This A True Electric Car W Extended Range Ie A Car That Will Stop Moving Eventually. Not A Perpetual Range Initially Electric Hybrid.60 Miles OptionI to Run Engine When I Need 120. Let Me Run The Engine While I'm Watching The Movie Or Eating Dinner. I'm A Big Boy I CaN Figure Out The Theater Is Further Than Just My Battery Will Go. If I Wanted To Drive A Small Car To Florida At 36Mpg ID Buy A Focus To Average Only 10Mpg Over Prius To Go To Work I Would Have Been Better Off Buying Used Prius And Waiting For An Actually Electric car"
Perhaps the poo didn't want to embarrass himself by posting that one!!!! I couldn't stop laughing.
Thought you said you're going to ignore.
You have a peculiar way of ignoring.

PS..
When are you going to apologize for your major gaffe the other day?
You know, the one where you called me all kinds of nasty names for not supporting you when that "Dolt" guy said those ugly things about your wife and grandaughter.
Because I did support you--big time.
You're welcome!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8509 Jan 31, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
His head is spinning. Best not to respond. Let him get the propaganda trolling out and when he brings something up that's reasonable, then talk to him/her. But he likes the Volt. lol
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8510 Jan 31, 2014
Root wrote:
<quoted text>His head is spinning. Best not to respond. Let him get the propaganda trolling out and when he brings something up that's reasonable, then talk to him/her. But he likes the Volt. lol
Please keep your promises this time, and do your childish little " ignore" thing.
I'd really appreciate it.
Really, I prefer dealing with intelligent, mature, and civil folks.
Not those, like you, who just can't seem to rise up from the gutter.

PS....
You've been told a few dozen times--i neither like nor dislike Volt.
I've always maintained a policy of neutrality.
Your lack of comprehension is one more of the many reasons why you should do your ignore thing.
It helps me a lot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OP-COM 2012V/ VAUX-COM 120309a Free Download (Oct '15) 15 hr jady 25
Mclaren MDS Diagnostic Tools Tester Mclaren D... 17 hr MYQQ3186645439 1
Vediamo 4.02.02 Software Free Download (Mar '16) Wed Ambrosio 2
mb star Xentry Installation Guide (Jul '11) Wed Ambrosio 7
BMW motor diagnosis & programming solutions Mon lalaura 1
OBDSTAR F109 scanner special for SUZUKI with Im... Sep 25 uobd2 1
News Here's what a $500 million lawsuit against NASC... Sep 24 Kimmull2324 1
More from around the web