Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11779 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8414 Jan 28, 2014
And, by the way, hater, aka Poo slinger, 95% of the Chevy Volt is just a normal car.

I've never heard of any car, regardless of the fact that it is a Canadian electric car or a Bugatti Veyron, they've all had problems.

You forget the fact, that until the Tesla S came along, the Volt was the most loved car by owners for 3 years running.

You're just a troller. But, I hope you never stop because I love frying eggs and covering liars faces in them.

Software going clunk!!! A Dodge Journey getting better than 43 mpg!!! You don't live in Windsor!!! You own a $2.8 million business!!!

That last one made me stop to laugh for about 2 minutes.

I like you poo. You haters are getting harder and harder to find. All of my folders with Volt information was getting dusty until I found you.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8415 Jan 28, 2014
Leagle Beagle wrote:
Noticed this customer review in Edmunds the other day.
Thought maybe some might find it interesting.
"2013 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)
Review
I decided to give the 2013 Volt a try after my '10 Prius hit 190K. My car is loaded with almost every option and I paid 34K before tax credit. I drive 36 miles r/t to work and usually make it on electric. Pros: Tight, drives like a vault, quiet, smooth. Technology Int and ext styling. Fantastic economy. Cons: Price even after $9000 dealer discount Craftmanship--lots of problems Poor ergonomics The center stack has buttons scattered about, seat heater turns on by itself, electric charger door fell off, 110v charger stopped working, trim pieces fell off, ipod stopped working, poor craftsmanship.
Favorite Features
Economy, economy, and economy technology
Suggested Improvements
Craftmanship Fix the dash and organize the buttons scattered about!!! Dealer service and support--Not good in Portland, Oregon--dealer didn't care at all about problems On Star experience very poor with foreign operators and difficulty buying minutes for phone--I finally gave up. Competing with Japan need more work. I would not buy this car again because of the problems I have experienced
Recommend (0)(0)
So you found another hater that is bashing the Volt. I can go on "Prius Chat" and find about 20 of these with 10 pages. You think this is new?

Fact, anybody that is trying to find out how great the Corvette is should not go on a Porsche site and read Porsche owners reviews of the Corvette.

Wow.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8416 Jan 28, 2014
Leagle Beagle wrote:
Looks like customer reaction to Volt isn't quite 100 percent.
Here's another Edmunds review which might interest some folks.
Review
My Wife and I bought 2 of these Volts in 2012. Within 7 months my Volt had a major Regen bearing failure. The dealer tried to replace it twice. They ended up giving me a new car (A buyback). Within 1000 miles of owning the new 2013 Volt, I had no heat, that took 2 trips to the dealer to fix, and then the same Regen bearing failure that took weeks to get repaired! Now just in the past 3 weeks my Wifes Volt Died. It had to be towed in 2 times. The dealer said it was a 12 Battery issue. They replaced it and it failed again! These cars have too many issues that the dealer or GM have knowledge enough to fix properly. Buyer Beware...buy at your own risk! "
I notice that you have learned your lesson and you eliminated the posters id. Took a while. This just makes you a better liar.

You're learning. Unfortunately for you, I am here to point out these facts about you.
Leagle Beagle

Toronto, Canada

#8417 Jan 28, 2014
Noticed this customer review in Edmunds the other day.
Thought maybe some might find it interesting.

Review
I decided to give the 2013 Volt a try after my '10 Prius hit 90K and the engine caught of fire. My car is loaded with almost every option and I paid 34K before tax credit. I drive 36 miles r/t to work and always make it on electric. Pros: Tight and sexy like my wife, drives like a vault, quiet, smooth. Technology Int and ext styling. Fantastic economy. More Pros: Price after $9000 dealer discount Craftmanship--no problems great ergonomics. The center stack has buttons in all the right places, seat heater turns on by itself when it's cold option, electric charger door is strong, 110v charger works every time, trim pieces in excellent condition, ipod works perfectly, excellent craftsmanship.
Cons: Wish I had enough money for another.
Favourite Features
Economy, economy, and economy technology
Suggested Improvements
Craftmanship line the dash with gold plating and add a vibrator to the seats. Dealer service and support--Very good in Toronto--dealer didn't care at all about my wife's huge testicles. On Star experience very good with and no difficulty buying minutes for phone--I finally sucked my wife's testicles. Japan needs more work. I would buy this car again because of the technology I have experienced.
Recommend (0)(0)
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8418 Jan 28, 2014
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
You got it wrong--again!(Or should I say "still")
I sleep quite well at night, every night, thank you.
But I do occasionally chuckle at your childish tantrums before nodding off.
And we live in a rural area 20 clicks called "The Town Of Lakeshore" outside of Windsor and on a 2 acre lakefront property. Right now there are a few kids out skating on a rink just off the beach which we built for the neighbourhood. Lots of fun.
Next week we'll be in our condo in Puerto Vallarta, and will continue to enjoy laughing at your silly temper tantrums until April.
"Fish on!!!!"
Leagle Beagle

Toronto, Canada

#8419 Jan 28, 2014
Looks like customer reaction to Volt is 100 percent.
Here's another Edmunds review which might interest some folks.

Review
My Wife and I bought 2 of these Volts in 2012. Within 7 months my Volt had a gone 10000 miles. The dealer tried to buy it back and replace it free of charge twice. They ended up giving me a new car. Within 1000 miles of owning the new 2013 Volt, I had saved $350 on gas, that took Now just in the past 3 weeks my Wifes Volt is still like new! We towed in a Prius 2 times. The dealer said it was a nice thing to do. No battery issues. These cars are have no issues and the dealer and GM have the best people in the world. Buyer buy 2 today! "
Leagle Beagle

Toronto, Canada

#8420 Jan 28, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice that you have learned your lesson and you eliminated the posters id. Took a while. This just makes you a better liar.
You're learning. Unfortunately for you, I am here to point out these facts about you.
I'm sorry. You're making me look like a dumbass again. It was a fake posting and he was banned for spam. The user was ronmaf.

http://www.edmunds.com/chevrolet/volt/2013/co... !.html?style=200424007&sub =&reviewId=194606778183745 536

Stop making me look like a dumbass. I really do like the Volt. I don't like you.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8421 Jan 28, 2014
Poo, nobody believes a word you say (except for your personal troll, the dolt) because you have been busted too many time in your lies.

Once again. A little friendly advice. Check out your lies. It only took me 1 minute to find out that the hater you quoted belonged to a Tesla club.

I thought you were the brainiac on this forum.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8422 Jan 28, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
"Fish on!!!!"
Truth be told, the only "fish" that's truly been hooked here is a Volt Disciple called LuvmyVolt.
He can't resist swallowing the bait.
Leagle Beagle

Toronto, Canada

#8423 Jan 28, 2014
Stop making me look like a dumbass.

http://www.edmunds.com/chevrolet/volt/2013/co... !.html?style=200424007&sub =&reviewId=194606778183745 536
Leagle Beagle

Toronto, Canada

#8424 Jan 28, 2014
I'm just another dumbass from Canada.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8426 Jan 28, 2014
Oh, and by the way, these are only the tech companies.

There are others, like the SF 49'ers who are only 2 minutes from my house. The San Jose Sharks, 10 minutes from my house.
The SF Giants, 45 minutes from my house.
The Oakland A's, 50 minutes from my house.
The Golden State Warriors, 50 minutes from my house.
San Jose Earthquakes, 10 minutes from my house.

You have to shovel snow for 1 hour just to get to your street.
Dr Sigmund Fraud

Florham Park, NJ

#8427 Jan 28, 2014
The volt is a ticking maintenance time bomb; wait for it!

iluvmyVolt’s mental state is very disturbing; I hope he hasn't passed down his psychosis, syndromes, phobias, and his generally annoying personality general to the next generation.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8428 Jan 28, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Oh, and by the way, these are only the tech companies.
There are others, like the SF 49'ers who are only 2 minutes from my house. The San Jose Sharks, 10 minutes from my house.
The SF Giants, 45 minutes from my house.
The Oakland A's, 50 minutes from my house.
The Golden State Warriors, 50 minutes from my house.
San Jose Earthquakes, 10 minutes from my house.
You have to shovel snow for 1 hour just to get to your street.
Nah--when it snows, I have a service come and remove snow.
But next week we'll have sun, sand, palm trees, and sailing.

Boy, it sure doesn't take much to light your fuse.
Maybe you should take a time out?
All this stress can't be good for ya.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8429 Jan 28, 2014
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah--when it snows, I have a service come and remove snow.
But next week we'll have sun, sand, palm trees, and sailing.
Boy, it sure doesn't take much to light your fuse.
Maybe you should take a time out?
All this stress can't be good for ya.
Yes, I know, in Windsor, you can hire the corner crack head to come and sweep out your driveway. That's not news.

Believe it or not, Silicon Valley has crack heads also. But they drive Porsche's. And .....

By the way poo. The next time you are trolling, whether you check out your sources or not, and you find something about the Volt "clunking" when gears are changed ......

Nothing happens when you shift from D to R or L or P, etc. Nothing. Unlike a car with a transmission, the Volt is fly by wire.

When the mouse - aka shifter - points to R from D, nothing happens. A car with a transmission has a surge in the direction it is placed in. The newer the car, the less it is detectable. But it is detectable.

The Volt is software. There is no surge. It is the computer waiting for you to take your foot off the brake so it can send the electric motor a signal to do what the mouse said to do. It spooks out people the first time they drive the Volt. They are waiting for that noticeable surge. If you lock the doors before you shift from P to D or R, you won't hear the slightest noise or feel the slightest surge.

Amazing .... eh?

If you knew this ahead of time, you wouldn't have been sucked into the vortex of a Tesla owner who hates the Volt.

Funny thing is, the Tesla has no transmission either. I think that owner thinks like you do. The Volt and the Prius are the same types of car.

The Prius, unlike the Volt has a transmission. I spent so much time trying to get you to learn about the car you hate. If you had taken my advice, you wouldn't look so stupid right now.

OK .... if you need anymore information about the amazing Volt, go and troll a hater site and post. You don't even need to provide the posters name. I don't really need that.

You're easy.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8430 Jan 28, 2014
Dr Sigmund Fraud wrote:
The volt is a ticking maintenance time bomb; wait for it!
iluvmyVolt’s mental state is very disturbing; I hope he hasn't passed down his psychosis, syndromes, phobias, and his generally annoying personality general to the next generation.
Awesome!!!!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8433 Jan 28, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I know, in Windsor, you can hire the corner crack head to come and sweep out your driveway. That's not news.
Believe it or not, Silicon Valley has crack heads also. But they drive Porsche's. And .....
By the way poo. The next time you are trolling, whether you check out your sources or not, and you find something about the Volt "clunking" when gears are changed ......
Nothing happens when you shift from D to R or L or P, etc. Nothing. Unlike a car with a transmission, the Volt is fly by wire.
When the mouse - aka shifter - points to R from D, nothing happens. A car with a transmission has a surge in the direction it is placed in. The newer the car, the less it is detectable. But it is detectable.
The Volt is software. There is no surge. It is the computer waiting for you to take your foot off the brake so it can send the electric motor a signal to do what the mouse said to do. It spooks out people the first time they drive the Volt. They are waiting for that noticeable surge. If you lock the doors before you shift from P to D or R, you won't hear the slightest noise or feel the slightest surge.
Amazing .... eh?
If you knew this ahead of time, you wouldn't have been sucked into the vortex of a Tesla owner who hates the Volt.
Funny thing is, the Tesla has no transmission either. I think that owner thinks like you do. The Volt and the Prius are the same types of car.
The Prius, unlike the Volt has a transmission. I spent so much time trying to get you to learn about the car you hate. If you had taken my advice, you wouldn't look so stupid right now.
OK .... if you need anymore information about the amazing Volt, go and troll a hater site and post. You don't even need to provide the posters name. I don't really need that.
You're easy.
Windsor certainly has many crackheads so you might be onto something. Keep rubbing his nose in crap, it's fun to watch.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8435 Jan 28, 2014
Here is a hater that actually got on KBB Volt owner's reviews. That is one of their favorite places to trash.

So, poo, if you want to find some more negative stuff .... good place to find some. Just skip the over the 95% of the posts that say the Volt is the best car they've ever owned. Just pretend those aren't there. Not hard for you to do.

Some guy, John from MI.

""I purchased car thinking I could make a difference, boy was I wrong.25 miles on a full charge . That is when it's not to cold or to hot. People talk about the fuel savings but never talk about the cost of the electric. This. Car is and was my worse investment. I was even told by some GM friends that they post great reviews on here to help sales. This it's wrong.don't make the same mistake I did."

Did you get that? 25 miles on a full charge.

Wrong!!! The Volt battery warranty is a % warranty. If your charge goes under 75% of original charge within the warranty time, your battery will be replaced.

Then he actually says that he has GM friends that sway they get on the sites to post great reviews to help sales. What are the odds of this guy having GM friends? I must admit, this guy is a less skillful liar than our resident hater. But not by much.

This is the type of poo that poo slinger looks up. He doesn't know that it is easy to spot a hater because of their lack of knowledge. Like the warranty on the battery.

He sees these types of posts and his little hear goes pitter patter and it's over. His fingers type before his head say "whoa .... slow down .... iluvmyVolt is going to eat you alive!!!"

Also, 8 out of 28 people believed him. So there are at least 8 people out there that are extremely gullible, or they hate the Volt also. I believe it's the latter.

Here's another. Same name. John. Go figure.

"This car is the ultimate failure. Cost of charging 220 volt (extra charge ) is more than the cost of fuel. Cant sell mine due to the fact nobody wants this piece of garbage. Car is now 3 years old and its not even worth 20,000. What a dummy i was. I guess this explains why gm is leasing at 199 with a 42,000 residual. Nobody wants it"

Did you get that? It costs more to charge than gas. 9 out of 33 believed him.

Then you have the nest of MI owners that logged in. Amy, Vick, Bob, Solar, Kimberly, and John.

80% of the negatives were from MI. The other haters were also very thin in knowledge.

6 owners from MI that hate the Volt. All the owners from MI hated the Volt. What are the odds that 100% of all MI Volt owners hate their cars? A whole nest of them .... from the same state!!!

Solar is a hater that I personally have had dealings with on a GM site. I called him out on another site for getting on KBB and claiming he was an owner.

Funny, eh? And the poor poo falls for this crap. He just can't stop his fingers.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8437 Jan 28, 2014
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Windsor certainly has many crackheads so you might be onto something. Keep rubbing his nose in crap, it's fun to watch.
You're right.
Good old Luvvy can always be counted on to pile up the crap.
He's got a PHD in crap piling.(Piled High and Deep)
You two seem to have a lot in common.

You both should seriously consider taking a time out.
All this pressure being put on you is gonna take its toll.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8438 Jan 28, 2014
Yea whatever..

Look, I’ve given you opportunity after opportunity to give birth to some type, any type of rebuttal against the Volt (because you try so hard to make it look bad and stifle people that like it). You still can’t come up with anything but propaganda. When challenged your tail goes between its legs and you try to come back with bullshit. Another thing, I’m not for nor do I approve of your alternative lifestyle. Call me homophobic, it really doesn’t matter. I can assure you even Andy Griffith would not approve. Anyway, if you decide to stop the propaganda flag from your groin and present an actual argument, I will discuss it with you. In the mean time Volt is the top dog and you can’t do anything about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Original SuperOBD SKP900 hand-held OBD key prog... 2 hr auto engineer 3
OBDSTAR X300 PRO3 Key Master Standard Version f... 16 hr giuseppe Mike 1
Nissan Consult iii plus v61.10 offline programm... 18 hr car-diagnostic-tool 1
newly released Handy Baby V7.0 18 hr uobd2 2
JMD Handy baby key programmer V7.0 update and d... 19 hr Ambrosio 1
Scania SDP3 v2.27 - NO activation de besoin, SA... 20 hr diyobd2 1
OBDSTAR X100 pro et Xtool X100 PRO, lequel? 20 hr diyobd2 1
More from around the web