Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11773 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8372 Jan 27, 2014
Root wrote:
Much better then being an off topic propagandist troll. Volt owners are going 900 miles between fill ups.
And far better than an IP Spoofer who persistently fakes other's screen names and posts filth in a pathetic attempt to muzzle those who refrain from worshipping at the Altar of Volt.

Of course, you know all about that, eh Root??

(Nudge, nudge. wink, wink !)

BTW--900 miles between fill-ups?
Marvellous. Congratulations.

I met a guy who drove his Volt from our area to Florida and back and used just as much gasoline as his previous Dodge Journey.
Go figure
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8373 Jan 27, 2014
900 miles between fill ups is a good thing. Being an off topic propagandist troll with a filthy mouth is quite another. So is making lies and accusations about others. But those are the abilities of your faculty so I understand.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8374 Jan 27, 2014
And he was quite disappointed because he couldn't fit his golf clubs into his Volt during his trips to Florida and back.!
(But he says he gets good mileage around town--it's an economical commuter car)
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8375 Jan 27, 2014
Root wrote:
900 miles between fill ups is a good thing. Being an off topic propagandist troll with a filthy mouth is quite another. So is making lies and accusations about others. But those are the abilities of your faculty so I understand.
Root, living in fantasyland like you seem to be compelled to do is an unhealthy habit.
You really should think about all the silly and childish nonsense you post.
It's not serving you well at all.
Just think how much more interesting and uplifting life could be for you if you'd just tidy up your conduct.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8376 Jan 27, 2014
Leagle Beagle wrote:
And he was quite disappointed because he couldn't fit his golf clubs into his Volt during his trips to Florida and back.!
(But he says he gets good mileage around town--it's an economical commuter car)
Lol don't know how to respond to him not being able to fit a golf cart in the back of a Volt.

Side note - If you could just respond in kind to others or atleast without snarcky negatives... it would be such a wonderful thing. I know you have the ability.
Dr Sigmund Fraud

Trumbull, CT

#8377 Jan 27, 2014
My latest psychological study is the correlation between misers, loners, and Volt owners. iluvmyVolt will make an excellent case study.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8378 Jan 27, 2014
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Root, living in fantasyland like you seem to be compelled to do is an unhealthy habit.
You really should think about all the silly and childish nonsense you post.
It's not serving you well at all.
Just think how much more interesting and uplifting life could be for you if you'd just tidy up your conduct.
I usually base judgments of people on the structure of their arguments, not word choice. Do they do it differently where you're from? You are presenting no evidence to prove a point, fantasy land? Uplifting life? Bring something meaningful to engage with, preferably about the Volt since this is a Volt thread. Might be hard!
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8379 Jan 27, 2014
Root wrote:
<quoted text>I usually base judgments of people on the structure of their arguments, not word choice. Do they do it differently where you're from? You are presenting no evidence to prove a point, fantasy land? Uplifting life? Bring something meaningful to engage with, preferably about the Volt since this is a Volt thread. Might be hard!
I base my judgement of people on three things...(1) Character; (2) Integrity; and (3) Competence.

Following these precepts has served me well in life as well.

You would be wise to consider these precepts, being as you fail to meet the standard in all three categories.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8380 Jan 27, 2014
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Lol don't know how to respond to him not being able to fit a golf cart in the back of a Volt.
Side note - If you could just respond in kind to others or atleast without snarcky negatives... it would be such a wonderful thing. I know you have the ability.
It was his golf clubs, not a golf cart which didn't fit in
I can understand your confusing the two though.
Volt has in fact been described as a "golf cart" a good many times.
You needn't believe those tales--people tend to mislead now and again.
You, of all people, should know that.
(Nudge, nudge, Wink, wink)
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8381 Jan 27, 2014
Second thought..

Volt really could make a classy golf cart--if it only had room for golf clubs!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8382 Jan 27, 2014
Not to derail your trolling activities further, but I'm building an island between the kitchen and dining room and installing two outlets. Came back hoping to find some reasonable dialogue, to no avail. I'll be out cutting wood.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8383 Jan 27, 2014
Root wrote:
Not to derail your trolling activities further, but I'm building an island between the kitchen and dining room and installing two outlets. Came back hoping to find some reasonable dialogue, to no avail. I'll be out cutting wood.
Measure twice, cut once.
Two plugs in a kitchen require two separate GFI circuits to comply with code.
It's called a "kitchen split".

See, all you had to do was ask politely.
No name calling, no sarcasm, no vitriol, no spoofing, no vulgarity, etc. necessary to get my co-operation.
Try it again.

“Dirty Canada”

Since: Oct 13

Richmond Hill, Canada

#8384 Jan 27, 2014
Hi everybody Iím back from the Gay Pilotís Association Conference. It was a blast! Cousin Jerry is doing well and he loves his Volt. Heís saving money left and right with it. I love the Volt.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8385 Jan 27, 2014
PS-- you can also use an alternative method to split circuits in your kitchen by using 3 wire (red, black, white) conduit and splitting a 220 Volt supply.

There, I even mentioned Volt--but in a much more practical context!

One more thing--keep a supply of band-aids handy.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8386 Jan 27, 2014
Leagle Beagle wrote:
Hi everybody Iím back from the Gay Pilotís Association Conference. It was a blast! Cousin Jerry is doing well and he loves his Volt. Heís saving money left and right with it. I love the Volt.
Hey Fake Beagle-- if your gonna pretend to be from Toronto Canada, at least copy the right flag on your sidebar!
The one you've used looks like something out of Africa.
Thanks.

“Dirty Canada”

Since: Oct 13

Richmond Hill, Canada

#8387 Jan 27, 2014
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Fake Beagle-- if your gonna pretend to be from Toronto Canada, at least copy the right flag on your sidebar!
The one you've used looks like something out of Africa.
Thanks.
Gaylord stop acting out and don't talk bad about our flag. Cousin Jerry said hi and he enjoyed the visit. He loves his Volt.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8388 Jan 27, 2014
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>Gaylord stop acting out and don't talk bad about our flag. Cousin Jerry said hi and he enjoyed the visit. He loves his Volt.
Hey Fake Beagle....

The flag you show is from Botswana in Africa.
If you're gonna pretend to be from Canada, at least use the correct flag!!
Thanks.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8389 Jan 27, 2014
Dr Sigmund Fraud wrote:
Add Sensory Defensiveness Disorder to the ever increasing list of iluvmyVolt's mental disorders. Not surprising he hangs out in Chevy dealer garages on the weekends.
Awesome!!!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8390 Jan 27, 2014
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
And far better than an IP Spoofer who persistently fakes other's screen names and posts filth in a pathetic attempt to muzzle those who refrain from worshipping at the Altar of Volt.
Of course, you know all about that, eh Root??
(Nudge, nudge. wink, wink !)
BTW--900 miles between fill-ups?
Marvellous. Congratulations.
I met a guy who drove his Volt from our area to Florida and back and used just as much gasoline as his previous Dodge Journey.
Go figure
Did he tell you how much gas he used when driving daily in town? Of course he did. He was probably bragging about his Volt, but true to your nature, you contingently left that part out. EH?

That's called poo.

From your area to Florida and back. Man oh man. As usual, you pick the most unfair assessment you can.

And by the way ... I don't believe a word you say, anyway.

Here ... for the 5th or 6th time. Your nose gets rubbed in this. These folks tested the Volt against fuel sippers in the most unfair way they could as far as the Volt was concerned. Almost entirely in gas mode. 834 miles in 3 days. And the Volt still beat all of the gas cars tested. By 4 mpg!!!

So, your friend is either imaginary, a liar, or told the truth and you had to lie yourself.



Your problem is, the more you tell whoppers (poo) the less anybody believes you. Oh ... except for the dolt. But he's an unabashed liar. Out of the closet.

You should come out of the closet. Just tell us the truth. You hate the Volt.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8392 Jan 27, 2014
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Root, living in fantasyland like you seem to be compelled to do is an unhealthy habit.
You really should think about all the silly and childish nonsense you post.
It's not serving you well at all.
Just think how much more interesting and uplifting life could be for you if you'd just tidy up your conduct.
Here's one for you. I've never filled up. I purchase 2 gallons at a time only. I've used 30.4 gallons since I bought my car, but (and I know you won't remember me telling you this) 9 gallons of that gas was free gas from the dealership when I took the car in for the 5,000 check up. So that means I have only purchased 21 gallons of gas.

So many Volt owners were complaining about dealerships putting free gas in their gas tanks that GM told them to ask Volt owners first if they wanted gas or not.

Hurts your head, doesn't it?
Free gas. Who needs it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2017 Automatic V8/X6 Key Cutting Machine With D... 11 hr Eobdtool 1
New TOYO KEY PRO OBD II Specialized in Toyota A... 11 hr Eobdtool 1
UCANDAS VDM2 V3.9 WiFi Automotive Scanner for A... 11 hr Eobdtool 1
2017 XTUNER NEW Released XTUNER CVD-9 HD-Heavy ... 11 hr Eobdtool 1
Where to download FNR Key Prog 4-in-1 Software?... 14 hr Jerry523 1
Free shipping WIFI UCANDAS VDM II VDM V3.9 Ä104.99 Tue uobd2 5
vdm ucandas (Jan '14) Tue lalaura 9
More from around the web