Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11771 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Root

Shreveport, LA

#8277 Jan 22, 2014
Here is an interesing article.

http://cleantechnica.com/2014/01/14/2-detaile...
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8278 Jan 22, 2014
Root wrote:
Here is an interesing article.
http://cleantechnica.com/2014/01/14/2-detaile...
Hey Root...
Rumour has it your Spoofer Of The Year award was going to be mentioned on Good Morning America tomorrow.
Is that true?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8279 Jan 22, 2014
IMO the price of the ELR will need to come down a bit. Easier said I know...
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8280 Jan 22, 2014
Root wrote:
IMO the price of the ELR will need to come down a bit. Easier said I know...
Root, you didn't answer the question.
Is your award for Spoofer Of The Year on Good Morning America tomorrow supposed to be a surprise?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8281 Jan 22, 2014
Another thought on the ELR, I think it will help with lowering the price of the Volt.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8283 Jan 22, 2014
I am the poo, I fling at you.
And I do it oh so well.
I insist on being fair and balanced,
"Sniff sniff", what is that smell?

I hate LMV, "but, why" you ask?
It's simple, let me explain.
He compares cars to the Volt
Of equal price and comfort,
Now don't you think that's strange?

I insist on comparing cars half the price,
So I know that I will win.
Although I know they are buckets of bolts,
And their outsides are made of tin.

Hemorrhoid busters are my favorite cars,
Cuz their cheaper to own than the Volt.
That brings miles of smiles to haters like me,
And my lackey, the little dolt.

So, don't fall for that ploy,
That he's being fair.
It's a ruse Volt owners use.
Don't believe it's quiet and oh so smooth,
If you do, then you will lose.

Don't believe that crap about saving money
On gas and brakes and oil.
But if you do, I will fling at you,
Cuz my goal is to embroil.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8284 Jan 22, 2014
Root wrote:
Another thought on the ELR, I think it will help with lowering the price of the Volt.
Exactly. I was going to just go out and buy an ELR in its' second or third year out. Once I saw the price, I decided to just wait until the next gen Volt comes out.

According to some of the articles I have read by people who have seen the final drawings of the next Volt, it is quite pretty.

I really don't need the extra range though. There are those that think GM will offer more than one range package. About 50% of all Volt owners are quite happy with the 45 - 50 mile range on the current model.

They hope there will be different price packages for different ranges. We'll see.

Good link to the ELR test drives.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8285 Jan 22, 2014
Here is an interesting bit of news just released today. 11 mini cars were tested and all but one failed. The Chevy Spark is the only car that passed, but it was rated only as acceptable.

The Honda Fit and the Fiat 500 were rated the worst.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/classified/auto...
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8288 Jan 22, 2014
Ooops ... forgot to mention, the Tesla is behind and to the left of the other car. Also, they did the same thing to the Volt.

They put the Volt next to the 2014 Corvette. But there were plenty of people interested in the Volt. The Vette was beautiful also.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8289 Jan 23, 2014
Some folks are simply unable to deal with anyone who doesn't comply unequivocally with their unique view of a situation.
These folks go to ridiculous extremes in their efforts to squash any and all contradiction from others who may choose to question their views.
Simply put, they are unable to accept that others in this world may not agree with them.

LuvmyVolt is a classic example, with his emotional rants and ludicrous embellishments.
As is Root, with all his IP spoofing manifestations, many which are vulgar, profane, and disgustingly offensive personal insults.

These individuals have gone way past civil and mature standards of conduct in their attempts to quash those who they view as threats.

For folks to go to such extremes is, for lack of a better explanation, simply bizarre.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8290 Jan 23, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. I was going to just go out and buy an ELR in its' second or third year out. Once I saw the price, I decided to just wait until the next gen Volt comes out.
According to some of the articles I have read by people who have seen the final drawings of the next Volt, it is quite pretty.
I really don't need the extra range though. There are those that think GM will offer more than one range package. About 50% of all Volt owners are quite happy with the 45 - 50 mile range on the current model.
They hope there will be different price packages for different ranges. We'll see.
Yep and I also believe it adds not only the benefit of a lower priced volt it offers the higher end consumers the luxury option and taps into another niche.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8291 Jan 23, 2014
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Yep and I also believe it adds not only the benefit of a lower priced volt it offers the higher end consumers the luxury option and taps into another niche.
No matter how it's sugar coated by you, your spoofed clones, and the Volt Lover, the majority of car buying consumers aren't yet ready to accept "electric" cars as a mainstream option.
-too expensive
-far too limited use
-unprofitable for automakers in foreseeable future.
-lack of recharging infrastructure
-soon to be replaced by next technology (hydrogen fuel cells)
-battery replacement concerns over time
-exchanging one form of pollution for another
-not everybody wants a commuter car
-significant advances in conventional fuel economies
-automakers resisting change from higher but conventional profit products
-Government subsidies and credits are shrinking and will eventually disappear.

Sorry if this upsets the Volt enthusiasts, but these are tangible reasons why sales of "electrics" remain so feeble, and why automakers don't see them as profitable at present or future demand levels.
For the record, I'm not against "electrics" per se, but one must be realistic.
It's going to be a very long time before alternate fuels - electric, hydrogen, or whatever - become a mainstream issue.
We're just gonna have to wait.

In the meantime, these "electrics" will continue as a niche phenomenon, and will not be a major player in the car business for quite a while.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8292 Jan 23, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Another thought about range. Volt range at 40-50 miles falls right into that sweet spot for the majority of drivers. So if the range continues to climb imo the price needs to stabilize to increase the take rate and that's another duty for ELR.
Obsessed with my Volt

Trumbull, CT

#8293 Jan 23, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
I am the poo, I fling at you.
And I do it oh so well.
I insist on being fair and balanced,
"Sniff sniff", what is that smell?
I hate LMV, "but, why" you ask?
It's simple, let me explain.
He compares cars to the Volt
Of equal price and comfort,
Now don't you think that's strange?
I insist on comparing cars half the price,
So I know that I will win.
Although I know they are buckets of bolts,
And their outsides are made of tin.
Hemorrhoid busters are my favorite cars,
Cuz their cheaper to own than the Volt.
That brings miles of smiles to haters like me,
And my lackey, the little dolt.
So, don't fall for that ploy,
That he's being fair.
It's a ruse Volt owners use.
Don't believe it's quiet and oh so smooth,
If you do, then you will lose.
Don't believe that crap about saving money
On gas and brakes and oil.
But if you do, I will fling at you,
Cuz my goal is to embroil.
You've completely lost it! Is this the crap you fill your head with? No wonder you have such difficulty with simple math.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8294 Jan 23, 2014
Obsessed with my Volt wrote:
<quoted text>
You've completely lost it! Is this the crap you fill your head with? No wonder you have such difficulty with simple math.
Normally, mature folks would usually respond to an expressed difference in opinion or belief with an "I disagree" statement, accompanied by an objective rationale of disagreement.

The Volt Lover writes poetry laced with vitriol, or goes completely bananas with weird accusations, name calling, etc.

Root the Spoofer responds with his Fake Beagle charades, complete with filth, personal attacks, vulgar insults, homophobic inferences, and slurs about one's country or its citizens.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8295 Jan 23, 2014
Someone judges the following as "off topic"

On the contrary, it's precisely on topic.
So it's repeated, as follows...

"No matter how it's sugar coated by spoofed clones, and the Volt Lover, the majority of car buying consumers aren't yet ready to accept "electric" cars as a mainstream option.
-too expensive
-far too limited use
-unprofitable for automakers in foreseeable future.
-lack of recharging infrastructure
-soon to be replaced by next technology (hydrogen fuel cells)
-battery replacement concerns over time
-exchanging one form of pollution for another
-not everybody wants a commuter car
-significant advances in conventional fuel economies
-automakers resisting change from conventional higher profit products
-Government subsidies and credits are shrinking and will eventually disappear.

Sorry if this upsets the Volt enthusiasts, but these are tangible reasons why sales of "electrics" remain so feeble, and why automakers don't see them as profitable at present or future demand levels.
For the record, I'm not against "electrics" per se, but one must be realistic.
It's going to be a very long time before alternate fuels - electric, hydrogen, or whatever - become a mainstream issue.
We're just gonna have to wait.

In the meantime, these "electrics" will continue as a niche phenomenon, and will not be a major player in the car business for quite a while."
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8296 Jan 23, 2014
On another note the increased range of the upcoming Volt could bring more people into that fold.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8297 Jan 23, 2014
Root wrote:
On another note the increased range of the upcoming Volt could bring more people into that fold.
Let's hope it happens sooner than later.
Fuel cell products arrive next year.
This development will render existing EVs, including Volt, obsolete.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8298 Jan 23, 2014
Fuel cell technology related support growth is strong now and an excellent investment.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8299 Jan 23, 2014
Root wrote:
Fuel cell technology related support growth is strong now and an excellent investment.
Kindly cease judging posts "off topic" when they are not.
Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fcar F502 HD Hand-held Heavy Duty Truck Code Re... 14 hr jimmyLIN 1
what is the meaning of Auto Diagnostic Tool for... (Aug '12) 14 hr uobd2 7
MPPS V21 Firmware 1.09.03 Updated 17 hr uobd2 1
SKP1000 , Is this an upgraded version of SK900&... 19 hr uobd2 2
News It's time to nix the NASCAR overtime line rule ... Tue One phartse 4
vvdi key tool remote support list pdf download ... Tue tuita 2
How to use BDM frame aluminium Mon jimmyLIN 3
More from around the web