Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11767 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Leagle Beagle

Toronto, Canada

#8201 Jan 17, 2014
So good to be back here in Toronto. When I was in Dallas at the Gay Pilots convention I met a very nice man and we became friends. He's coming up to Toronto to visit in the summer. I'll be sharing more thoughts on the Volt and more pictures after I get settled in.

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/303...
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8202 Jan 17, 2014
Leagle Beagle (ISP Windsor only) says....

"Hi Root--your fake Beagle (Toronto) posts aren't down to the usual standard of filth this time"
Not getting enough sleep these days?
Or has your affectation with homophobia gone viral?
Leagle Beagle

Toronto, Canada

#8203 Jan 17, 2014
Leagle Beagle (ISP Toronto only) says....

"Hi Root--your fake Beagle (Windsor) posts aren't down to the usual standard of filth this time"

We saw first hand how much money is saved with Volt.

Leagle Beagle
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8204 Jan 17, 2014
Leagle Beagle wrote:
Leagle Beagle (ISP Toronto only) says....
"Hi Root--your fake Beagle (Windsor) posts aren't down to the usual standard of filth this time"
We saw first hand how much money is saved with Volt.
Leagle Beagle
About $2.50 per day on average.
Wow!!
Leagle Beagle

Toronto, Canada

#8205 Jan 17, 2014
About $20.50 per day on average.
Wow!!

Leagle Beagle
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8206 Jan 17, 2014
Leagle Beagle wrote:
To LuvmyVolt....
Got back from Dallas yesterday, and the MU2 course was great, but exhausting. Puerto Vallarta looking good for Feb and March now!
No offence intended, but a couple of your analogies about Volt savings won't pass close inspection.

You really should be using "Total cost per mile driven", or "Five year cost of ownership" to show actual savings over conventional cars.
Using those methods, savings are still there, but you will find they aren' anywhere near the examples you use.
Oh boy. Here we go again. That $1,000 per Volt savings is impressive ... especially when you consider that more than half of the Volts on the road are more than 2 years old. So, when you use the total Volts sold to divide into the total savings, it's a little bit unfair. More like, you know what you are doing and you just want to make it look like you don't.

When you use the 2,300 Volts sold last month in that total figure ... don't you think that's being biased? I mean, they've barely had time to even put a few hundred miles on their cars. Duh!!!

The figure for electric miles only in that web site are for ELECTRIC MILES ONLY. DUH!!!! That is where I figured out the electric miles only savings on gas. What do you expect? Of course Volt owners are using gas. What is your point? I'm not talking about the gas miles driven. I'm talking about gas not purchased because of electric miles only driven. Also, I factored in charging costs.

You are confused to the point that you confuse me!!!! I can't figure you out. You pretend to be educated, then you make these mistakes.

And you have got to stop using the 5 year cost of ownership for the old Volts. They now cost $27,000 after credits. And you have got to stop comparing Volts to other cars if you are not going to allow for the credits. Those are hater ploys.

Wow.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8207 Jan 17, 2014
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!!
Post your math and I'll prove you wrong. Got the guts?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8208 Jan 17, 2014
Oh poo. You're still slinging.

Here ... let me try to make this reeeeeel easy for you.

If you go to the store and you purchase something "buy one, get one free", you have saved 50%.

You don't turn around and subtract the money spent once again. That's crazy. If I spend $1 on gas but save $9 on gas, that means I saved $9 on gas.

You don't subtract the $1 spent on gas from the $9 saved.

That means,(gadzooks man) that I would have spent $10 on gas had I owned a gas car. So the savings is $9. Of course I spent $1 on gas. But I still saved $9. Oh man. I'm really beginning to believe that you really don't get this.

You're not a liar. You're just stupid.

Can't you get that? Are you sure you are a businessman?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8210 Jan 17, 2014
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!!
I'm not even going to wait for your response. You just sling poo. You make up a number in your head and you post it. You embarrass yourself again.

Try these calculations.

The average American drives 37 miles per day per the last census. Per EPA, the average car sold in America gets 23 mpg.

That is 1.61 gallons of gas used per day. At $3.50 per gallon, this equates to $5.64.

Because 90% of all Volt owners charge at night time rates, they pay 10 cents per kwh on average. 13 kilowatt hours to charge the Volt from a complete discharge =$1.30 for a full charge. At 43 miles per charge on average, this means that the average Volt owner is using 86% of his daily charge.

This means that the Volt owner is spending $1.18 for his daily trip.

$5.64 minus $1.18 =$4.46 savings per day by the Volt owner.

For an entire year, this equates to $1626 savings per year.

$8,130 for 5 years.
$500 savings on oil changes for 5 years. 16 oil changes for the gas car.
$200 for at least one brake job not needed by the Volt.

Now, this is compared to a gas car that doesn't save a penny. It boggles my mind that you hate this car so much.

But ... haters are gonna hate.

ps ... my son and I pay much less than that average used above.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8211 Jan 17, 2014
And poo ... if you want to compare cars for 5 year cost of ownership, you might want to consider that the Honda Accord that has not quite the options that the Volt has costs only $100 less than the Volt.

Right out the door, the Honda is losing because it is using gas. And you have to change the oil. And you have to change the brakes. And your insurance is more than mine.

And please, don't dig up your old poo poo argument about depreciation. I've already proved to you that 2 year old Volts are selling for about 80% of their original price.

Remember, depreciation is not what some web site tells you it is going to be. It is what the car is selling for in the real world.

Oooooops those are nasty words to you, aren't they? Real world. Gadzooks man! We can't have that!!!

Don't go comparing the Volt to the Elantra. The Volt will surpass the Elantra in time, but it is not a fair comparison. Can't you just be honest and fair and balanced for once?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8212 Jan 17, 2014
Honda Accord EX-L -$26,619

http://www.carsdirect.com/buildyourcar/style... |CP:New+-+Honda|AG:Honda+Accor d+-+Price|KW::honda+:accord+:p rice|MT:Broad|ADID:31467856500 |MKWID:sVcVPRlkI_dc|&fullV ersion=true

Chevy Volt -$26,685

http://www.chevrolet.com/volt-electric-car.ht...
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8214 Jan 18, 2014
To LuvmyVolt:

Once again, with all due respect.....

Your cost vs savings calculations don't stand up to close scrutiny.
If the objective is to compare costs to own and operate one vehicle over another, two universally accepted methods should be used.
One is to determine "Cost per mile (or Km)", and the other is to calculate "Five year cost of ownership"
Using fuel savings alone (as you seem to lean on)is not a true picture.

Furthermore, you posted a list of subsidies granted to offshore automakers for their operations in the US.
Again, you chose only one aspect of that issue, presumedly to paint it in a negative way.
Again, I showed you how your negative approach doesn't stand up to close scrutiny.

For whatever reason, you responded to those civil and factual responses by name calling, insults, and obvious irrational personal attack.
(Plus, those smutty copycat posts by the Fake Beagle--do you have something to do with that too?)

So all things considered, you really should take a deep breath, calm down, and accept that not everyone may agree with what you post here.
As I've said to you many times--It's only the internet.
Leagle Beagle

Toronto, Canada

#8215 Jan 18, 2014
To LuvmyVolt:

Once again, with all due respect.....I made a mistake.

Your cost vs savings calculations stand up to close scrutiny.
If the objective is to compare costs to own and operate one vehicle over another, only two universally accepted methods should not be used.
One is to determine "Cost per mile (or Km)", and the other is to calculate "Five year cost of ownership" I overlooked the status quo.
Using fuel savings alone (as you seem to lean on) is the true picture.

Furthermore, you posted a list of subsidies granted to offshore automakers for their operations in the US.
Again, you chose only one aspect of that issue, presumably to be honest.
Again, I tried to show you how your negative approach stands up to close scrutiny but I didn’t know what I was talking about.

For whatever reason, you responded to those civil and factual responses by name calling, insults, and obvious irrational personal attacks and you should continue.
(Plus, those sexual posts by the Real Beagle--do you have something to do with that too?)

So all things considered, I really should take a deep throat, calm down, and accept that not everyone is heterosexual.
As I've said to you many times—I like the Volt.

Leagle Beagle
Ultra Limited Use Vehicle

Newtown, CT

#8216 Jan 18, 2014
Leagle Beagle wrote:
To LuvmyVolt:
Once again, with all due respect.....I made a mistake.
Your cost vs savings calculations stand up to close scrutiny.
If the objective is to compare costs to own and operate one vehicle over another, only two universally accepted methods should not be used.
One is to determine "Cost per mile (or Km)", and the other is to calculate "Five year cost of ownership" I overlooked the status quo.
Using fuel savings alone (as you seem to lean on) is the true picture.
Again, you chose only one aspect of that issue, presumably to be honest.
Again, I tried to show you how your negative approach stands up to close scrutiny but I didn’t know what I was talking about.
For whatever reason, you responded to those civil and factual responses by name calling, insults, and obvious irrational personal attacks and you should continue.
(Plus, those sexual posts by the Real Beagle--do you have something to do with that too?)
So all things considered, I really should take a deep throat, calm down, and accept that not everyone is heterosexual.
As I've said to you many times—I like the Volt.
Leagle Beagle
You're too polite, but you're beating a dead horse. It is obvious to all that when it comes to simple math and financial analysis obsessedwithmyVolt doesn't have a clue.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8217 Jan 18, 2014
Ultra Limited Use Vehicle wrote:
<quoted text>
You're too polite, but you're beating a dead horse. It is obvious to all that when it comes to simple math and financial analysis obsessedwithmyVolt doesn't have a clue.
For whatever reason, LMV is a diehard Volt enthusiast, and there's nothing wrong with that in and of itself.
It's a free country, and free speech is fundamental. He's entitled to respect for those precepts.
However, he consistently gets carried away emotionally with his objections toward those who don't agree with his contentions.(Or don't endorse his simplistic version of economics)
With LMV, it's become far too personal, and that's the biggest weakness in his objections to others.
I personally don't take offence at his often vitriolic comments toward myself and others, and I do try to keep my responses to him polite and objective.
I agree that his versions of economics are overly simplistic, but that's OK too as far as I'm concerned.
If he chooses to indulge in his own beliefs that's his business.
Meanwhile, Life goes on, the sun rises in the east, etc, etc.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8219 Jan 18, 2014
<quoted text>
BTW--The post you responded to was by the copycat Fake Beagle.
You got the wrong guy.
That was the "Rootster Spoofer" acting out his homophobic fantasies again.
Leagle Beagle

Toronto, Canada

#8220 Jan 18, 2014
For whatever reason, I am a diehard Volt enthusiast, and there's nothing wrong with that in and of itself.
It's a free country, and free sex is fundamental. I'm entitled to respect for those precepts.
However, I consistently get carried away emotionally with my objections toward those who don't agree with my contentions.(Or don't endorse my simplistic version of economics)
With me, it's become far too personal, and that's the biggest weakness in my objections to others.
I personally take offence at others vitriolic comments toward myself and others, and I do try to keep my responses polite sexual and objective.
I agree that my versions of economics are overly simplistic, but that's OK too as far as I'm concerned.
If I choose to indulge in homosexual sex that's my business.
Meanwhile, Life goes on, the sun rises in the east, Volt is a huge money saver etc, etc.

I like the Volt.

Leagle Beagle
Leagle Beagle

Toronto, Canada

#8221 Jan 18, 2014
<quoted text>
BTW--The post you responded to was by the real Leagle Beagle.
You got the right guy.
That guy from Windsor is the "Rootster Spoofer" acting out his heterosexual fantasies again. I love the Volt.

The Real Leagle Beagle

Over and out.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8222 Jan 18, 2014
Leagle Beagle wrote:
For whatever reason, I am a diehard Volt enthusiast, and there's nothing wrong with that in and of itself.
It's a free country, and free sex is fundamental. I'm entitled to respect for those precepts.
However, I consistently get carried away emotionally with my objections toward those who don't agree with my contentions.(Or don't endorse my simplistic version of economics)
With me, it's become far too personal, and that's the biggest weakness in my objections to others.
I personally take offence at others vitriolic comments toward myself and others, and I do try to keep my responses polite sexual and objective.
I agree that my versions of economics are overly simplistic, but that's OK too as far as I'm concerned.
If I choose to indulge in homosexual sex that's my business.
Meanwhile, Life goes on, the sun rises in the east, Volt is a huge money saver etc, etc.
I like the Volt.
Leagle Beagle
Behold.
The "Rootster Spoofer", aka Root, indulging in his homophobic fantasies again!
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8223 Jan 18, 2014
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>BTW--The post you responded to was by the real Leagle Beagle.
You got the right guy.
That guy from Windsor is the "Rootster Spoofer" acting out his heterosexual fantasies again. I love the Volt.
The Real Leagle Beagle
Over and out.
Hey Root, your attempts at censorship aren't working.
Can't you be more creative?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News San Francisco police chief releases more racist... Fri Julie Jane 1
Key cutting Automatic V8/X6 or Miracle A7 Fri Ambrosio 1
GM Tech2 “Access to Security Access was denied” Apr 28 Ambrosio 1
News FCA to recall 1.1 million vehicles for confusin... Apr 27 who 1
New BMW INPA K+CAN With FT232RQ Chip Apr 27 uobd2 1
How to program Citroen key fob with Lexia 3 Dia... Apr 26 car-diagnostic-tool 1
News 1968 Chevy Camaro - Green Car Apr 26 Lucy Jane 1
More from around the web