Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11770 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Ultra Limited Use Vehicle

Trumbull, CT

#8157 Jan 7, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah ... I'm a loner. Anyway, what you fail to realize ... dolt, and you are both of these guys ... you're not fooling anybody .... is that I am the guy that gave you the links to the l.i. battery advancements. Remember? You were the one boo hoo'ing battery technology. Now you use it as an argument against me. Keep your hatreds straight.
OK ... anyway, I know that the Volt is going to be replaced by electrics in 15 to 20 years. That's the minimum, it may be longer. Full electrics need to get to the point where you can drive them for 500 miles and they must cost the same as an average family sedan does now, accounting for inflation. Anybody with sense knows that. It's called the future.
But, in the meantime, in 15 years (minimum), I will save $22,500 in gas. You will spend $22,500 in gas. That's not a difference of $22,500, it's a spread of $45,000.
In other words, in 15 years, I will have $45,000 more than you because I chose to drive a Volt. As I said, that is the minimum. It's probably more like 20 years, in which case I will have $60,000 more than you.
So how is that stupid? I guess in your world, stupid is saving money.
There you go again with that crazy financial analysis! Using your simplistic numbers: After 15 I will spend $22,500 on gas, you spent $0; that a difference of $22,500. Did you flunk third grade math?

Trumbull, CT

#8158 Jan 7, 2014
BTW, Driving a useless POS Volt for 15 years isn't worth $22,500; that's $1,500 a year, are you really that much of a miser?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8159 Jan 7, 2014
I smell a bitter ultra limited use Andy Griffy fan. Go prius plug job. Lol
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8160 Jan 8, 2014
Ultra Limited Use Vehicle wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again with that crazy financial analysis! Using your simplistic numbers: After 15 I will spend $22,500 on gas, you spent $0; that a difference of $22,500. Did you flunk third grade math?
Oh boy ... here we go again. I already rubbed your little hater nose in this three or four times. But, I guess you need the same lesson again. I honestly believe that you really don't understand finances. It's a little more advanced than 3rd grade math, which is what you are using.

By your own admission, I spend $0 on gas and you spend $22,500 on gas.

We both work at the same type jobs and make the same exact wage.

You spent every extra penny on gas. You have $0 in your bank account.
I didn't spend a penny on gas. I have $22,500 in my bank account.

-$22,500 That's you
+$22,500 That's me.

That is a spread of $45,000. Yes, I did pass third grade math. But this isn't third grade math. This is from business courses. I guess you didn't take any business courses. Otherwise, you would understand what a spread is, other than what's on your mind.

Now, if you don't get the above, it's not my fault. I've given you this lessen too many times for me to believe that you are just pretending to not understand.

I actually believe that you don't get it. The fact that you don't get it doesn't change anything.

You are negative $22.5k and I am positive $22.5k.$0 is in the middle.

Does that help?

Take that $0 in the middle .... right? Go negative to your expenses and you have 22,500 clicks. Go positive to my savings and you have 22,500 clicks. 45,000 clicks from where you are to where I am?

Does that help?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8161 Jan 8, 2014
BTW, Driving a useless POS Volt for 15 years isn't worth $22,500; that's $1,500 a year, are you really that much of a miser?
Oh here we go again with your loss of memory. Remember that haters like you say that we are all rich guys that are just buying toys and that we really don't save any money.

Now, I'm a miser because I am saving $1,500 a year on gas and you aren't.

Which is it dolt? You can't keep your hater arguments straight.

Don't get me wrong dolt. You're better than the Canadian hater because you don't try to make your lies look like truth. I respect that. Be a proud liar. Nobody will ever accuse you of lying about that.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8162 Jan 8, 2014
Oh yeah ... and don't forget ... it's $3,000 ahead. You lose $1,500 every year, I gain $1,500. I'm $3,000 ahead of you every year.

Florham Park, NJ

#8163 Jan 9, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh boy ... here we go again. I already rubbed your little hater nose in this three or four times. But, I guess you need the same lesson again. I honestly believe that you really don't understand finances. It's a little more advanced than 3rd grade math, which is what you are using.
By your own admission, I spend $0 on gas and you spend $22,500 on gas.
We both work at the same type jobs and make the same exact wage.
You spent every extra penny on gas. You have $0 in your bank account.
I didn't spend a penny on gas. I have $22,500 in my bank account.
-$22,500 That's you
+$22,500 That's me.
That is a spread of $45,000. Yes, I did pass third grade math. But this isn't third grade math. This is from business courses. I guess you didn't take any business courses. Otherwise, you would understand what a spread is, other than what's on your mind.
Now, if you don't get the above, it's not my fault. I've given you this lessen too many times for me to believe that you are just pretending to not understand.
I actually believe that you don't get it. The fact that you don't get it doesn't change anything.
You are negative $22.5k and I am positive $22.5k.$0 is in the middle.
Does that help?
Take that $0 in the middle .... right? Go negative to your expenses and you have 22,500 clicks. Go positive to my savings and you have 22,500 clicks. 45,000 clicks from where you are to where I am?
Does that help?
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

-- Abraham Lincoln
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8164 Jan 9, 2014
<quoted text>
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
-- Abraham Lincoln
Yes, don't make yourself look like the dolt. Celebrate Volt's number one position in the USA and Canada.

Florham Park, NJ

#8165 Jan 9, 2014
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, don't make yourself look like the dolt. Celebrate Volt's number one position in the USA and Canada.
Root, could you tutor iluvmyVolt in the complexities of simple arithmetic?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8166 Jan 9, 2014
Sure, Volt is number one. Prius plug job is a no show. This makes Volt greater than plug job. Equation follows..

Volt > plug job = pooh pooh slingers united

Florham Park, NJ

#8167 Jan 9, 2014
Root wrote:
Sure, Volt is number one. Prius plug job is a no show. This makes Volt greater than plug job. Equation follows..
Volt > plug job = pooh pooh slingers united
Thanks Root, Volt Lover should be able to comprehend that.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8168 Jan 9, 2014
<quoted text>
-- Abraham Lincoln
You are a typical hater. You don't understand the word expenses. You don't understand that a $20,000 car cost $$30,000 after $10,000 worth of gas is put in it's tank.

A $20,000 car cost $20,000 after no gas is put in it's tank ..... but ... and here is the real hard part you are not getting ..... the owner has $10,000 in the bank because he had to do something with the money he didn't spend.

So ... now, try real hard here .... just like the gas car added the cost of gas, the electric car subtracts the cost of no gas.

One car cost $30,000, the other cost $10,000. The difference is not $10,000 ... it's $20,000.

Once again. This isn't third grade. It's finance. You spend $1 ... I save $1 ...$0 is in the middle ... there is a spread of $2 from one end to the other.

That's OK dolt. I'll allow for your limited education. You just keep on believing what you will. You don't need to know this stuff anyway because the cash registers at Burger King have pictures.

And that quote from Abraham Lincoln, good advice. You should take it.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8169 Jan 9, 2014
<quoted text>
Thanks Root, Volt Lover should be able to comprehend that.
I do. Not only do you not understand finances, you don't understand algebra. Read his post again. Look up >.

I comprehend. Apparently, you don't.

Apparently, you don't listen to what old Abe said.

Trumbull, CT

#8170 Jan 9, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a typical hater. You don't understand the word expenses. You don't understand that a $20,000 car cost $$30,000 after $10,000 worth of gas is put in it's tank.
A $20,000 car cost $20,000 after no gas is put in it's tank ..... but ... and here is the real hard part you are not getting ..... the owner has $10,000 in the bank because he had to do something with the money he didn't spend.
So ... now, try real hard here .... just like the gas car added the cost of gas, the electric car subtracts the cost of no gas.
One car cost $30,000, the other cost $10,000. The difference is not $10,000 ... it's $20,000.
Once again. This isn't third grade. It's finance. You spend $1 ... I save $1 ...$0 is in the middle ... there is a spread of $2 from one end to the other.
That's OK dolt. I'll allow for your limited education. You just keep on believing what you will. You don't need to know this stuff anyway because the cash registers at Burger King have pictures.
And that quote from Abraham Lincoln, good advice. You should take it.
Now I know why you climbed poles for a 30+ years. Let's try this again, I will try to make it as simple as possible:

Both cars cost $20,000 to purchase; that is a fixed expense! Over time I spent $10,000 on fuel; you spent $0. My total expenses are $30,000 ($20,000 +$10,000); your total expenses are $20,000 ($20,000 +$0). The difference is $10,000 ($30,000 -$20,000).
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8171 Jan 9, 2014
<quoted text>
Now I know why you climbed poles for a 30+ years. Let's try this again, I will try to make it as simple as possible:
Both cars cost $20,000 to purchase; that is a fixed expense! Over time I spent $10,000 on fuel; you spent $0. My total expenses are $30,000 ($20,000 +$10,000); your total expenses are $20,000 ($20,000 +$0). The difference is $10,000 ($30,000 -$20,000).
Yes ... but I have $10,000 in the bank from my income that I didn't spend on gas. Don't you get finance? Can't your pea brain grasp that?

You still have $0 in your bank account because you had to blow it on gas.

I have $10,000.

The ledger ... per you.

You Me

Car cost.-$20,000 -$20,000
Gas cost.-$10,000 $0
Savings account $0 +$10,000

Net:-$30,000 -$10,000

You are in the hole $20,000 more than me.

There are two sides of the zero. The negative and the positive. Wow.

Who keeps your books?

I'm done. You can't see what anybody with the tiniest knowledge of cost versus gain knows.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8172 Jan 9, 2014
And don't forget, pole climbers in CA make $129,000 base pay. I know that is a pittance compared to burger king, but it is an honest living. We didn't get free lunches.

Trumbull, CT

#8174 Jan 10, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes ... but I have $10,000 in the bank from my income that I didn't spend on gas. Don't you get finance? Can't your pea brain grasp that?
You still have $0 in your bank account because you had to blow it on gas.
I have $10,000.
The ledger ... per you.
You Me
Car cost.-$20,000 -$20,000
Gas cost.-$10,000 $0
Savings account $0 +$10,000
Net:-$30,000 -$10,000
You are in the hole $20,000 more than me.
There are two sides of the zero. The negative and the positive. Wow.
Who keeps your books?
I'm done. You can't see what anybody with the tiniest knowledge of cost versus gain knows.
http://notgoingpostal.files.wordpress.com/201...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-BoScnOBsrm0/TnCnxMa...

I doubt you could comprehend this, but if you could part with a few bucks it might help.

http://books.gigaimg.com/avaxhome/60/34/000f3...

Trumbull, CT

#8175 Jan 10, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
And don't forget, pole climbers in CA make $129,000 base pay. I know that is a pittance compared to burger king, but it is an honest living. We didn't get free lunches.
Since you can't do simple math / financial analysis, everyone on this forum has to question your Volt ramblings.

"....... but it is an honest living" It would surprise no one if you scammed a disability pension!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8177 Jan 10, 2014
I forgot to make this point dolt. That $42,000 before taxes you would have to make in order to net the savings on a $100,000 loan is huge when buying a $500,000 home.

On a $500,000 loan, you would have to make an extra $210,000 over the life time of that loan should you decide to not make a simple bi-weekly payment.

You see? I gave you awesome financial advice. This is something that you don't need an adviser for. You can do it yourself. And just think. It was me that turned you on to it.

I'm laughing because I know you would rather pay that extra $30,000 per $100,000 than to take my advice.

Trumbull, CT

#8178 Jan 10, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
I forgot to make this point dolt. That $42,000 before taxes you would have to make in order to net the savings on a $100,000 loan is huge when buying a $500,000 home.
On a $500,000 loan, you would have to make an extra $210,000 over the life time of that loan should you decide to not make a simple bi-weekly payment.
You see? I gave you awesome financial advice. This is something that you don't need an adviser for. You can do it yourself. And just think. It was me that turned you on to it.
I'm laughing because I know you would rather pay that extra $30,000 per $100,000 than to take my advice.
What are you babbling about now? Did you have a liquid lunch today?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News There Won't Be A Donald Trump Inaugural License... 4 hr The Parachute Can... 1
V11.00.017 Toyota TIS Techstream Free Download (Feb '16) 17 hr Jdail2002 13
2018 Ford F-150 - New grille, front, headlights... 20 hr VanjaIbanez 1
2020 Ford Bronco 20 hr VanjaIbanez 1
5 cylinder chevy colorado (May '07) Sat Pierre 297
News Reuss: Ignition crisis was GM's change agent Sat Solarman 1
News 5 biggest shocks: What surprised us at the Detr... Fri Christsharians on... 1
More from around the web