Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11780 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8068 Jan 2, 2014
Root wrote:
<quoted text>If only you had not written the cheap shot at the end, your post would've been perfect.
It wasn't a cheap shot--it's the truth. Big difference!
You just can't leave this silly game of yours alone for even one day.
Just gotta get things going, right? Just gotta keep that pot stirred.
Y'know what---why don't you just shut up, quit the nonsense, and let things evolve on their own.
This forum has long gone well past its best before date anyway.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8069 Jan 2, 2014
Ultra Limited Use Vehicle wrote:
<quoted text>
Not good news for the Volt obsessed few.
Please. Control your anger, hatred and educate yourself. Ford is not coming out with a solar power car. It may be coming out with a car that has solar panels to help the battery charge.

This is old hat. Even Humvee's came equipped with optional solar panels. There have been some super cars with solar panels that kept the AC running while the car was sitting in the sun.

This is a picture of a completely solar powered car. This car is the closest they have come to a family / solar power car.

http://cleantechnica.com/2013/10/17/stella-ta...

http://www.solarteameindhoven.nl/en/recent

Here's another car.

http://www.solarfern.com/

They cost so much money to make, I could buy 5 Volts for the price. The best cars cost more than $1 million and only carry one passenger. Here is one.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/fuel-efficiency...

It will be another 20 to 30 years before solar powered cars can compete with full electrics.

Think of this ... if your hating mind will allow you. A Tesla S with 200 mile range charged by solar. Unless you are driving more than 200 miles, you are driving a solar powered car. That is now. Today. And it only cost about $65,000. A lot less than a $1 million car that only caries 1 person.

Duh!!!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8070 Jan 2, 2014
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't a cheap shot--it's the truth. Big difference!
You just can't leave this silly game of yours alone for even one day.
Just gotta get things going, right? Just gotta keep that pot stirred.
Y'know what---why don't you just shut up, quit the nonsense, and let things evolve on their own.
This forum has long gone well past its best before date anyway.
It was a simple observation. You took a cheap shot. You should try to put emotional outbursts aside and focus on bettering the forum.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8072 Jan 2, 2014
Hey poo poo. You said "Volt is a bizarre and costly cross between a hybrid and an EV."

The world's premier automotive engineering group, the SAE, didn't think the Volt is bizarre. They named it the Best Engineered Car in the world.

The brilliant engineers at BMW didn't think the Volt is bizarre. In fact, they chose the Volt as the mark to shoot for when engineering the i8.

The European automotive community didn't think the Volt is bizarre when they named it European Car Of The Year. First American car ever to win that prestigious award. Something that all Americans should be proud of. Oh ... I forgot, you hate America.

You made that statement when you thought the Volt was 3 cars in one. This is long after I asked you to study up on what a series hybrid is. Long after I asked you to study up on the difference in the Volt and Prius planetary's.

Had you studied, you wouldn't have made that idiotic statement.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8073 Jan 2, 2014
To Root:

Being as you consistently envision yourself as the sole arbiter of what's posted, how it reads, and who can post here, why don't you at least practice your self anointed authority more consistently, being as you feel so entitled?
You quickly chastize yours truly for posting a one line comment you arbitrarily judge as "unacceptable", yet you say nothing to Luvvy who posts half a page of provocative vitriol.
"Fish of one, yet fowl of another!!"

If you're gonna do a job, then you should damn well do it right---otherwise shut up.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8074 Jan 2, 2014
Hey Luvvy, as Root says, why don't you try putting your emotional outbursts aside, and move on to more constructive dialog.
Make a New Year's resolution to stop being so irritable.
Maybe increase the dosage of your blood pressure pills too.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8075 Jan 2, 2014
Leagle Beagle wrote:
To Root:
Being as you consistently envision yourself as the sole arbiter of what's posted, how it reads, and who can post here, why don't you at least practice your self anointed authority more consistently, being as you feel so entitled?
You quickly chastize yours truly for posting a one line comment you arbitrarily judge as "unacceptable", yet you say nothing to Luvvy who posts half a page of provocative vitriol.
If you're gonna do a job, then you should damn well do it right---otherwise shut up.
Nobody is posting vitriol. I am posting facts. You stated you never called the Volt 3 cars in one. I proved you wrong. That's not a cheap shot. It's called fact. You consider it a cheap shot because you don't like the taste of crow. I'm quoting you:

"If you're gonna do a job, then you should damn well do it right---otherwise shut up."

Big words considering that they come from someone who got caught lying, big time.

Root makes a statement about a car that Ford is going to unveil and you take a cheap shot.

One more time. Respond to my previous posts. You were caught in a big lie then caught in a bigger lie trying to cover up the big lie.

Don't you hate it when your words come back to bite you?

I anxiously await your next educated comment about the Volt. Don't forget, I am keeping tracks of all your whoppers. They will come back to bite you.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8076 Jan 2, 2014
To Luvvy..

I guess you're just a cranky old man. Nothing more, nothing less.
For a while there, you had me thinking you merely lost your temper when folks posted what you didn't like.
Well, guess what.....
You'll have to excuse me now for a little while, O Cranky Person.
Wife and I will be moving down to the condo in Puerto Vallarta till April.
(That's the place you claim we don't have, remember?)
Bye for now Grumpy.

PS--Don't despair. There will still be a few folks left here for you to impress with your vast knowledge and superior intellect.(Nyuk, nyuk)
And I'll be back soon. Just posting from elsewhere.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8077 Jan 2, 2014
Leagle Beagle wrote:
To Root:
You took an unwarranted cheap shot and I pointed it out. You then follow up with unprecedented doo doo. Simply check the emotional outbursts and apply yourself. Make this a better forum.

Thanks

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#8079 Jan 2, 2014
If it's not better than 60 mpg then it's useless. There has already been a v8 that got 60 mpg highway back in the 80s engineered by a backyard mechanic. Of course oil companies bought up the idea for a quarter million plus, but at least now you know what you're dealing with. Both are cheap pieces of junk, and frankly, we're going to have a food problem LONGGG before we have an emission problem here in America. That being said, investing your FRNs into something more practical would make more sense yes?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8080 Jan 2, 2014
Boosted_RB25 wrote:
If it's not better than 60 mpg then it's useless. There has already been a v8 that got 60 mpg highway back in the 80s engineered by a backyard mechanic. Of course oil companies bought up the idea for a quarter million plus, but at least now you know what you're dealing with. Both are cheap pieces of junk, and frankly, we're going to have a food problem LONGGG before we have an emission problem here in America. That being said, investing your FRNs into something more practical would make more sense yes?
Here's a guy that invented an electric car that didn't need a battery. The government killed him. Note the comments. Nobody believes that bs story either.

I have a bridge for sale. Most people don't realize that I hold the title to the Golden Gate Bridge. But I do. I bought it for a quarter million plus from a mechanic that invented a V8 that got 60 mpg, back in the 80's.

Oh, and by the way, I can take any V8 and put it on a child's wagon and get 150 mpg. It's still a gas hog.

Are you from Canada?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8081 Jan 2, 2014
Boosted_RB25 wrote:
And by the way ... I'm averaging 134 mpg. not only is 60 mpg useless, it's laughable.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8082 Jan 2, 2014
Well, I guess the poo poo doesn't want to respond to my posting his claim that the Volt was 3 cars in one.

Silence is surrender. I accept.
Ultra Limited Use Vehicle

Newtown, CT

#8083 Jan 3, 2014
Just got back from a trip around New England, didn't see any Volts; I wonder why?
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8084 Jan 3, 2014
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Well, I guess the poo poo doesn't want to respond to my posting his claim that the Volt was 3 cars in one.
Silence is surrender. I accept.
Hey Luvvy--you really shouldn't get too smug and get all puffed up with self adulation before checking your so called "facts".
Not only that, you shouldn't be using those same so called "facts" by trolling for more action to accompany your smug fantasies like you just did.
You quoted me as saying things about Volt, when in fact the comment you got all humpy backed about was by a media journalist back in 2011.

Quote-- "In addition, the Volt is a bizarre and costly cross between a hybrid and an EV. That product is three cars in one. It has not only all of the hardware and software necessary to allow it to function as a hybrid, but all of the hardware and software to allow it to function as an EV, and as a conventional, gasoline powered vehicle. That’s right: GM has designed a vehicle with three times the complexity and repair cost of a conventional vehicle costing only half as much. Who could possibly resist that siren song?"

Sorry to hit you with the truth little man, but this is just another example of how you let your crankiness take over and you end up looking like a fool again.

Next time, perhaps you'd be wise to adopt a bit of "silence" yourself?
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8085 Jan 3, 2014
To Luvvy and Root (and all his aliases)...
Gonna be heading south this weekend, en route to PV, so try not to take advantage of a short absence like Luvvy just did with his latest "Troll" attempt.
Flying commercial this time, and doing a 7 day layover in Dallas.
Taking a one week Flight Safety certification course on a Mitsubishi MU2--K Model. This aircraft has been a dream of mine for years.
The Aerostar is sold, and we're movin' up. Hundred low lead engined a/c is being replaced with Jet-A turbined Rice Rocket!!

PS--Luvvy is gonna love the fuel burn on this one!! Aerostar was 34 gallons per hour--the MU2 burns twice that, but trues out at 300 knots!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8086 Jan 3, 2014
This should be another good lesson for you. Don’t believe everything you read on the internet and don’t parrot those things unless absolutely sure they are correct. Last but not least be polite and considerate. Unprecedented doo doo and personal attacks are counterproductive to the conversation.

Celebrate Volt; it’s such a wonderful car.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8087 Jan 3, 2014
Great advice Root.
Too bad you don't live by it!!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8088 Jan 3, 2014
Typical liberal, never taking responsibility for your actions and changing the subject while trying to blame others for your sin. No major deal, business as usual for you and Volt is sales champ again.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8089 Jan 3, 2014
Root wrote:
Typical liberal, never taking responsibility for your actions and changing the subject while trying to blame others for your sin. No major deal, business as usual for you and Volt is sales champ again.
Speak for yourself Root.
Have you ever accepted responsibility for your actions?
Ever???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Free download TOYOTA TIS 10.30.029 (Jan '16) 2 hr master 3
FAQ OBDSTAR F100 Ford/Mazda key programmer 23 hr Janealen 4
Junk My Car, Auto Salvage, Cash for Cars, ... (Jan '12) 23 hr Janealen 28
Poll LINCOLN vs CADILLAC: Which is better??? (Jan '08) Thu Longrod van Hugen... 247
Types of Wheel Bearings Jul 21 Andybaby 1
2001 GU Patrol (Y61) going into limp home mode,... Jul 20 lanrce 1
Will there be another Toyota Supra in America o... Jul 20 Suprarob 1
More from around the web