Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11771 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8022 Dec 30, 2013
To "Root"

Oh ye of little faith...
You really shouldn't blow your horn like that so often.
Might be an embarrassing surprise in your future.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8023 Dec 30, 2013
Umm hmm, another personal attack and zero about the Volt. Is that five?
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8024 Dec 30, 2013
The reality Root....
Just your "personal attack" followed by a response in kind.

PS
I think a while back you were called a "Mugwump".(Mug on one side of the fence and wump on the other)
Perhaps that was inappropriate.
It should have been "Smugwump".(Smug person with his wump hangin' out)
Yougra

Iceland

#8025 Dec 30, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Hey hater ... aka poo poo. You call me arrogant. Well .... when it comes to people like you, it's not hard. Every time you try to say something about the Volt, you are so totally wrong because your hatred allows you to find crap that is written on hater sites or sites that aren't knowledgeable.
Here ... here are a few links for you to prove to you that the Volt is ALWAYS driven by the big traction motor. But I know you won't read any of them. In your case, ignorance is bliss.
From the link:
"The power from that generator keeps the batteries in the sweet spot of their charge profile to effectively extend the Voltís range, says GM, by about 300 miles beyond the batteriesí 40-ish-mile limitation. The Volt is always propelled by its 149-hp electric motor; itís only the source of the juice that varies."
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2011-chev...
Once again:
"THE VOLT IS ALWAYS PROPELLED BY ITS' 149-HP ELECTRIC MOTOR; IT'S ONLY THE SOURCE OF THE JUICE THAT VARIES."
From the link:
" It's an electric car with a gas-powered generator for backup. " and "and the gas engine will start. Here, the gas engine drives the small electric motor, using it to generate electricity (an electric motor run backward is a generator) to sustain the battery's charge."
http://www.popsci.com/cars/article/2010-12/de...
From the link:
"The simple answer is that the Volt always runs on electricity. It's just a matter of where that electricity is coming from. It's either coming from from battery source or from the engine generator."
http://www.theoaklandpress.com/general-news/2...
From the link:
"Think of the Volt's small gas engine as an electricity producer or a range extender, as GM calls it. When it runs, the gas engine turns a generator that recharges the battery pack. But the electric drive motor is always moving the car regardless of whether the engine is running."
http://www.newcartestdrive.com/review-intro.c...
Did you get that?
"But the electric drive motor is always moving the car regardless of whether the engine is running."
From the link:
"It's electric-powered, but it carries its own gas-powered generator so when it runs out of juice it can continue for hundreds of miles. It won't leave you on the side of the road, wishing for an extension cord."
http://www.carmax.com/enUS/expert-reviews/201...
Good know this about electric all time runnings. Voltz are economic sound.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8026 Dec 30, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
The reality Root....
Just your "personal attack" followed by a response in kind.
PS
I think a while back you were called a "Mugwump".(Mug on one side of the fence and wump on the other)
Perhaps that was inappropriate.
It should have been "Smugwump".(Smug person with his wump hangin' out)
I didn't attack you in any way. Now you have attacked yet again with zero comment about the Volt. Going for 6?

One day though( I highly doubt it) you will come to the forum with clear concise and polite thought and not be so negative. You get upset when people make fun of you "troll hater etc" but do nothing to change it. All we get in return are personal attacks and gay sex talk. Oh well..

Back to the Volt. Could this be the year leaf takes the sales crown? Personally I think the Volt is aging and the crown should go to leaf.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8027 Dec 30, 2013
Yougra wrote:
<quoted text>Good know this about electric all time runnings. Voltz are economic sound.
Volts are very economic vehicles. Some like them and some don't. I think its personal preference. If the car fits your needs buy it, if not move along.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8028 Dec 30, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't attack you in any way. Now you have attacked yet again with zero comment about the Volt. Going for 6?
One day though( I highly doubt it) you will come to the forum with clear concise and polite thought and not be so negative. You get upset when people make fun of you "troll hater etc" but do nothing to change it. All we get in return are personal attacks and gay sex talk. Oh well..
Back to the Volt. Could this be the year leaf takes the sales crown? Personally I think the Volt is aging and the crown should go to leaf.
If you're inferring (or trying to convince) those imposter "gay sex" spoofed posts are mine, then you're either (a) very naive, gullible, or even rather dumb; or (b) you're in on and part of that little charade.
Personally, I'm inclined to go with the latter.

Mugwump, or Smugwump---either way works for me.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8029 Dec 30, 2013
Some comments about Volt are positive, some not.
Everyone is free to express him/her self as he/she wishes.
If that's acceptable to you, OK--if not, move along.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8030 Dec 30, 2013
Yougra wrote:
<quoted text>Good know this about electric all time runnings. Voltz are economic sound.
And another thing, beware of the Canadian. If you are a positive person, like the Volt, or disagree with him, he'll call you names, take the conversation in another direction, or make false accusations about you. A real winner.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8031 Dec 30, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>And another thing, beware of the Canadian. If you are a positive person, like the Volt, or disagree with him, he'll call you names, take the conversation in another direction, or make false accusations about you. A real winner.
Wrong----You, of all people should know better Root....
I am very circumspect in choosing who to talk to in this forum.
I fully support and always respect those who are sincere, honest, and civil, regardless of their Volt preferences, either positive or negative.
Only those who stray from those precepts are addressed by yours truly.
The list of recipients worthy of my attention is fairly small, but truly deserving by virtue of their rather tactless actions.
Root, plus several of his spoofed aliases, a couple of other lowlifes, and a misguided but well meaning Volt worshipper from California are among the few qualified recipients.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8034 Dec 30, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text> Fixed it for you. Glad to see you think the Volt is great. Not surprised to see you revert back to your normal behavior.
(1) Have no idea what you're talking about.
(2) it appears to be a post you're responding from the LB Imposter/Spoofer.
(3) Haven't been able to find that post anywhere.(Where is it?)
(4) It was probably deleted as being vulgar and offensive.(Most of his are)
(5) Is your inference his posts are mine another of your sick games?
(6) What are you trying to prove by doing so?
(7) Evidently you're part of that sordid nonsense.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#8036 Dec 30, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
To LuvmyVolt....
You still haven't answered this question:
Do you always go completely bananas like you do here whenever someone disagrees with you, or when someone points out that you've made a mistake, or if someone offers an opinion you don't like?
If so, the it's you who has a problem, not the other guy.
PS
You really need to learn this is just a hokey internet forum, and its importance doesn't amount to spit.
It's just the internet--why do you get so emotional over such little consequence?
I've made no mistake. This debate was started by your huge mistake when you said that the Volt was actually 3 cars in one. An electric car, a hybrid and a regular gasoline car. You stated that the Volt needed hardware and software for each one of the systems. So why are you angry when I come back to straighten you out? Who's angry? I think it's you.

A. The Volt is a hybrid. I've tried to drill that into you about 20 times. Once again. Go study up on the difference between series and parallel hybrids.

B. The Volt is always a series hybrid. Nothing else. The very definition of a series (in line) hybrid is that the car, locomotive or whatever can have two or more modes of power, but the final mode (the traction motor) is how the car, locomotive etc., is defined. The Volt's traction motor is the 149 hp electric motor. All else falls in behind it and are there to assist. Not to drive the wheels. Therefore, the car is always electrically driven.

C. The article you quoted is very ambiguous when it states, "In scenarios like this, the Volt brings gasoline power directly to the wheels via a multi-mode electric transaxle driving the front wheels." They are speaking of the planetary. I'll give you a year to look up the Volt's running gear and find anything but the planetary to run the car. That multi-mode electric transaxle is the planetary.

D. Why do you think they call it "electric transaxle"? It isn't because it gets power from the battery. The battery provides power to the two electric motors and nothing else. So what do they mean when they call it electric? They mean that only the two electric motors make a physical connection to the planetary. The 149 hp traction motor is directly connected to the planetary and the smaller electric motor can be clutched to it. That's it. They call it electric because it is powered by electric motors.

So you see, you may claim you pointed out me making a mistake all you want. If it makes you feel good inside, go with it. But in reality, it was you who made the whopper of a mistake by claiming that the Volt was 3 cars in one. Then you try to back it up with the article you read. They simply used a technical name for the planetary.

And your characterization of this forum being hokey and does not amount to spit only proves why you lie so much.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8037 Dec 31, 2013
To LuvmyVolt...
Your biggest mistake is claiming that you've never made mistakes.
Sorry if you find that upsetting, but it's reality.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8038 Dec 31, 2013
3 cars in one? Chuckle...
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8039 Dec 31, 2013
LuvmyVolt insists I have "stated" Volt is three cars in one--electric, hybrid, and gasoline.
Where Luvvy got that is beyond me.
Because I have never "stated" anything remotely akin to something like that.

This from someone you claims to never have been mistaken??

If you ask me, it seems Luvvy has a propensity to make things up.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8040 Dec 31, 2013
LuvmyVolt insists that his posts make me "angry".
Truth be told, I've never felt "angry" at any time here.
On the contrary, I find his posts and many of his analogies amusing and entertaining.
You see, what goes on here is meaningless in the grand scheme of our lives.
These forums should never be looked upon as anything more than entertainment.

I find Luvvy's frequent emotionally charged outbursts highly entertaining, but in terms of importance, they really amount to very little.

The same applies to Root's pathetic attempts to control the agenda here.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#8041 Dec 31, 2013
But he never makes mistakes!!

NOT!!!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8042 Dec 31, 2013
Lol
Poo poo

Livonia, MI

#8043 Dec 31, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
But he never makes mistakes!!
NOT!!!
The obamamobile is nothing more than a Mexican Cruz...

On taxpayer financed life support...

with Korean batterie.

Too Funny.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#8044 Dec 31, 2013
This is another piece on the Volt.

http://cleantechnica.com/2013/12/27/2013-chev...

Quote of the day: Volt is three cars in one!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fcar F502 HD Hand-held Heavy Duty Truck Code Re... 16 hr jimmyLIN 1
what is the meaning of Auto Diagnostic Tool for... (Aug '12) 17 hr uobd2 7
MPPS V21 Firmware 1.09.03 Updated 19 hr uobd2 1
SKP1000 , Is this an upgraded version of SK900&... 22 hr uobd2 2
News It's time to nix the NASCAR overtime line rule ... Tue One phartse 4
vvdi key tool remote support list pdf download ... Tue tuita 2
How to use BDM frame aluminium Mon jimmyLIN 3
More from around the web