Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: taintedgreen.com 9,227

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Full Story
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7976 Dec 27, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
To LuvmyVolt...
Are you done now?
Merely disagreed with you in a civil manner.
Didn't use insults, call names, or take cheap shots.
Made truthful statements backed up with facts.
Showed you how "cost of owning principle" is used by all reputable sources.
If those realities can't get through to you, there's not much point in continuing, is there?
All it's doing is causing you to behave in a very immature way.
Like I said earlier, if you choose to continue justifying those flawed theories wih your own convoluted logic, it's no skin off my nose.
Fill your boots! Feel free to be wrong for as long as you wish.
No, I'm not done.
The problem is ... you fling poo. When you talk about depreciation, you speak only about the Volt. You don't speak about the other car that I was comparing the Volt to. That is called lying by omission. Fact, a gas car also depreciates.
We are comparing electric to gas vehicles here. We are not looking for all the negatives about electrics. That has been your goal the entire time. Look at the top of this page and see what the title of the forum is.
Now, to show you just how great the Volt is, I'm going to use a comparison that will give you every advantage you can have. OK?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7978 Dec 27, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
To LuvmyVolt...
Are you done now?
Merely disagreed with you in a civil manner.
Didn't use insults, call names, or take cheap shots.
Made truthful statements backed up with facts.
Showed you how "cost of owning principle" is used by all reputable sources.
If those realities can't get through to you, there's not much point in continuing, is there?
All it's doing is causing you to behave in a very immature way.
Like I said earlier, if you choose to continue justifying those flawed theories wih your own convoluted logic, it's no skin off my nose.
Fill your boots! Feel free to be wrong for as long as you wish.
You talk about "cost of owning principle" being used by all reputable sources. What about cost of owning being used by real business people?

Why do you think the city of L.A. is converting over to alternative fuel vehicles? As of the writing of this article, they were at 78% alternative fuel fleet. They are over 80% now and intend to go 100%.

It's because they will save $10,000,000 a year in fuel despite the fact that they must spend a lot of money on infrastructure.

These vehicles more than make up the difference in cost. Electric cars make up the difference the quickest, but all alternative fuel vehicles are money gainers.

http://environmentla.com/programs/altfuelvehi...

PG&E is converting to Via Motors vehicles. They will more than make up the difference in price.

"PG&E will be testing the two VIA Motors eREV trucks as part of its fleet of work vehicles, with the possibility of adding more to its mix of alternative fuel vehicles in the future. PG&E Senior Vice President Greg Pruett asserted that at current fuel prices, each of the VIA trucks represents a potential $2,700 annual operating cost savings and that if the utility's entire 3,500-truck fleet were electrified tomorrow,$9.5 million dollars could be saved each year."

Did you get that? They will save almost $10 million per year. In 10 years that's almost $100 million!!! He didn't even factor in oil and brakes. That is probably another $5 million. Don't forget, time spent in a shop changing out oil and brakes is a loss.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13746_7-57402805...

(And by the way ... the headline is "VIA Motors, PG&E partner on the Chevy Volt of work trucks")

These are real business people. Unlike the quasi businessman you claim to be. You can't even do simple math that saves a real business money in the long run.

If you truly owned a $2.8 million business, you would be looking at cutting fuel costs. You wouldn't be ignoring all the great reports by owners and businesses that have converted.

You just hate these cars. You are the one that uses fuzzy math. Complaining about depreciation for the Volt and conveniently not mentioning depreciation for the gas car.

In actuality, I would prefer that you never drive one. I would hate to see you save money. That makes me happy.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7979 Dec 27, 2013
To LuvmyVolt...

All this emotion must be stressful for you.
Are you all done...now?
Ultra Liited Use Vehicle

Trumbull, CT

#7980 Dec 27, 2013
Saw my first Volt in 3 months driving home Christmas night. Some guy driving all by himself; which for some strange reason is the norm for Volters. We were cruising along at about 70 - 75 MPH; the Volter was keeping up for a while, but then faded. The cheapskate probably ran out of juice and was too cheap to run hard on gas.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7981 Dec 27, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
To LuvmyVolt...
All this emotion must be stressful for you.
Are you all done...now?
Awwww ... is that your best comeback? You either think your command of the English language is so good that I don't know what "supposed savings" means. Or, you think that I am so stupid that you can fly that one right over my head. Remember that one? "Supposed savings".

I know what you mean when you say supposed savings. Why don't you just come out and call me a liar. That's what I call you ... cuz you lie.

Anyway ... don't forget, when I proved that the Volt would only cost $2,500 more to own than the cheap $16,000 car, the credits were not factored in, nor did I allow for a depreciation for the gas car.

See what happens when you get fixated on something like depreciation? It comes back to bite you.

Instead of asking "why would anybody buy a Volt?". You should be asking "why would anybody buy a cheap $16,000 car when the Volt will break even with it in no time flat?".

And don't forget, I was keeping count of actual car fact posts. I was at 22 and you were at 0. So don't even think that I am the one going off the deep end because you posted 3 times more posts than me. All of them hateful, spiteful crap.

So .... once again ... I'm quoting you ... "can we please stick to car facts?"
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7982 Dec 28, 2013
To LuvmyVolt...

Do you always go completely bananas like you do here whenever someone disagrees with you, or when someone points out that you've made a mistake?
If so, the it's you who has a problem, not the other guy.

PS
You really need to learn this is just a hokey internet forum, and its importance doesn't amount to spit.
Neither do your emotional rants.
Ultra Limited Use Vehicle

Trumbull, CT

#7983 Dec 28, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
To LuvmyVolt...
Do you always go completely bananas like you do here whenever someone disagrees with you, or when someone points out that you've made a mistake?
PS
You really need to learn this is just a hokey internet forum, and its importance doesn't amount to spit.
Probably why Volt owner always seem to be driving alone.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7984 Dec 28, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
To LuvmyVolt...
PS
You have a hard time staying on topic and being positive. That is a problem of yours.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7985 Dec 28, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwww ... is that your best comeback? You either think your command of the English language is so good that I don't know what "supposed savings" means. Or, you think that I am so stupid that you can fly that one right over my head. Remember that one? "Supposed savings".
I know what you mean when you say supposed savings. Why don't you just come out and call me a liar. That's what I call you ... cuz you lie.
Anyway ... don't forget, when I proved that the Volt would only cost $2,500 more to own than the cheap $16,000 car, the credits were not factored in, nor did I allow for a depreciation for the gas car.
See what happens when you get fixated on something like depreciation? It comes back to bite you.
Instead of asking "why would anybody buy a Volt?". You should be asking "why would anybody buy a cheap $16,000 car when the Volt will break even with it in no time flat?".
And don't forget, I was keeping count of actual car fact posts. I was at 22 and you were at 0. So don't even think that I am the one going off the deep end because you posted 3 times more posts than me. All of them hateful, spiteful crap.
So .... once again ... I'm quoting you ... "can we please stick to car facts?"
"Three times more posts than me"???
Wrong!!
You must be confusing me with the Leagle Beagle imposters--the Spoofer who claims to be from Toronto, or the guy who claims to be from Windsor (Windsor where?), or that San Antonio pervert, or the posters who you continually accuse me of being.
You see my friend, you too often tend to imagine things--especially things I don't and never do.
Nobody, like nobody, posts more than you do!! You've probably set a Topix record.

More imagination from you...
--Never called you a liar (or your son).
--Never used the expression "supposed savings".
--Never said "Why would anybody buy a Volt".
--Not fixated on "depreciation"--all I did was point out that you overlooked it.
--What about all your crazy taunts about my businesses, or real estate, or where I live etc?
-- And the list goes on......

Really Luvvy, it's beginning to look like you do in fact need to get a grip.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7986 Dec 28, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>You have a hard time staying on topic and being positive. That is a problem of yours.
Your problem is that you need to be more honest Root.
Off topic seems a problem that most folks here are guilty of.
Yourself included.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7987 Dec 28, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Your problem is that you need to be more honest Root.
Off topic seems a problem that most folks here are guilty of.
Yourself included.
You are wrong.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7988 Dec 28, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>You are wrong.
Nope!!
The problem is that you need to be more forthright.
You have a history of dishonesty.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7989 Dec 28, 2013
Ultra Liited Use Vehicle wrote:
Saw my first Volt in 3 months driving home Christmas night. Some guy driving all by himself; which for some strange reason is the norm for Volters. We were cruising along at about 70 - 75 MPH; the Volter was keeping up for a while, but then faded. The cheapskate probably ran out of juice and was too cheap to run hard on gas.
Awesome!!!!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7991 Dec 28, 2013
It's really sad when somebody has all of his "proofs" blown out of the water and all they have left is lies.

He did use the term "supposed savings". More than once. If there was only a way that we could set up an escrow with about $10,000 in it. It would be so worth it to go back and find it.

He probably doesn't even know what escrow means.

Real business people would look at 150 mpg when gas is at $3.00 and ask "why haven't I done that yet?".

And his little lackey forgot that I posted my worst ever mpg. 4 people in the car, 103 degrees out. 82 mile round trip, almost all freeway at 70 mph. I only got 102 mpg.

Oh well ... his little lackey has been missing lately. I hope he sticks around. At least I get a good laugh out of him.

At least he knows he's just spreading whoppers instead of poo.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7992 Dec 28, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
To LuvmyVolt...
PS
Please point out my mistake or where you proved me wrong. Awaiting. You on the other hand have been blown out of the water every time.

I killed the credit and depreciation for the gas car and my son would still beat the gas car by thousands.

What's the matter?

You know you want to drive one. You know you want to experience great savings. But you can't. You have painted yourself into the hater corner.

At least your lackey is a pure liar/hater. He doesn't care one bit about about truth or whether he is right or wrong. His hate is pure. I respect that. Read his last post.

Besides, his posts are funny. Not intended funny, but funny nonetheless. That's why I like him.

Besides, I feel sorry for him because he got all his "voice of reality" posts deleted cuz he couldn't be a human being. Now, at least he's just being an honest liar.

Awaiting your proof of proving me wrong.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7993 Dec 28, 2013
Anyway ... my sons' got together and bought me some Weathertech floor mats for Christmas for my Volt. My oldest son had purchased some for his Volt.

I never thought I'd like a rubber type mat, but I have to say, I love these. They fit so precisely, it's unreal.

The beauty of the mats is that they are in the form of a pan. You take them out and wash them off.

Vacuuming is almost entirely a thing of the past now. All the dirt, etc. stays in the floor mat because it is a pan. The pic in this link shows a light tan color which I picked to show what they look like. These are for a different car.

Mine are black. Love this product.

http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com/Floor-Ma...
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7994 Dec 28, 2013
This is why I challenged the poo flinger to describe the difference between the Volt and Prius planetary gear sets. He was pretending to know what he is talking about.

His posts 7104 & 7105 prove his total lack of knowledge about the Volt. About page 326.

"Volt is a bizarre and costly cross between a hybrid and an EV. It has not only all of the hardware and software necessary to allow it to function as a hybrid, but all of the hardware and software to allow it to function as an EV---and as a conventional, gasoline powered vehicle.

Truth be told, GM has designed a vehicle with three times the complexity and repair cost of a conventional vehicle costing only half as much."

"It's a completely new car, and technologically extremely complex."

Amazing statements!!!

In fact, the Volt is much less complex than the Prius. The Prius has much more hardware and the software to use that hardware. The GM engineers eliminated the need for the gearing that the Prius needs.

Can you imagine making statements like the above with absolutely nothing to back it up? He will never find anything to back those statements up because there is none. NONE!!

Hey poo. I'm going to give you the answer here and now.

Within the Volt planetary, only the electric motor is connected to the single speed gear box. Period. The generator can be clutched to the planetary ring gear to assist. And only at 70 mph or above and only when the battery is depleted. That's it. Period. End of story.

The Prius planetary is much more complex because it must allow the gas engine to drive the wheels, or the electric motor to drive the wheels, or both. All of them require hardware to hook up to the gear box and software to manage the systems.

Note, he also stated that the Volt operates as "a conventional, gasoline powered vehicle.", aka like the Prius.

Never, never, never never!!!!!!!! The Volt is always electrically driven with a generator providing electricity for the battery when it is depleted. The battery, in turn sends the electricity to the E motor. Much less complex than the Prius.

Where in the world did he get that information? And why did he post that without ever reading it, anywhere, in the first place?

You see poo, you know nothing about this car. Nothing. It riles you that I can get 150 mpg on a cool day. You can't figure out why.

But, instead of trying to find out why I can do this, you just make statements like the above. Absolutely false statements.

Your statements above were b.s. Also known as lies. Don't you hate it when your words come back to bite you?

"Truth be told, GM has designed a vehicle with three times the complexity and repair cost of a conventional vehicle costing only half as much."

Truth be told?????????? Repair costs?????????? Bizarre??????? You just had the truth smack you in the face and you still don't get it. You don't get it because you hate this car and you don't want to get it.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7995 Dec 29, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope!!
The problem is that you need to be more forthright.
You have a history of dishonesty.
You are wrong. Off topic post #700 for you in one thread?
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7996 Dec 29, 2013
To LuvmyVolt...A repeat question....

PS
Ultra Limted Use Vehicle

Trumbull, CT

#7997 Dec 29, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Anyway ... my sons' got together and bought me some Weathertech floor mats for Christmas for my Volt. My oldest son had purchased some for his Volt.
I never thought I'd like a rubber type mat, but I have to say, I love these. They fit so precisely, it's unreal.
The beauty of the mats is that they are in the form of a pan. You take them out and wash them off.
Vacuuming is almost entirely a thing of the past now. All the dirt, etc. stays in the floor mat because it is a pan. The pic in this link shows a light tan color which I picked to show what they look like. These are for a different car.
Mine are black. Love this product.
http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com/Floor-Ma...
Does your family also have clear plastic furniture slip covers and rug runners?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama's plan: 'Deport felons, not families' 1 hr spocko 681
2012 Forester Has Irratic Start After Timing Co... Sat HIArcher 1
Miami Locksmith - 24 hours Emergency Locksmith ... (Nov '11) Fri Derrick Sly 3
Newly Updated V2.9 SKP-900 Key Programmer Highl... Dec 19 yellowbend 1
2014 New Arrival SuperOBD SKP-900 Dec 19 yellowbend 3
'Chrysler' name officially axed for Fca Us Dec 17 Tom Polcari 1
Michigan tightens rules for childhood vaccinations Dec 16 scs2011 2
More from around the web