Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11771 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7894 Dec 19, 2013
The Leagle Beagle imposter and Root are obviously joined at the hip.
Two more impersonations.
I wish the imposter could get a bit more creative.
Too much of the same old/same old is getting monotonous.

To "analretentivevoltowner "....
Be careful--Luvvy took you seriously the first time.
That was funny.
This time he's gonna be ticked.
Doesn't like it when he's led astray.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7895 Dec 19, 2013
Just calm down and relax. This is a forum about the Volt. No need to let your emotions dictate your mind thought. Simply put, concentrate on the Volt and not Love Volt.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#7896 Dec 19, 2013
Root wrote:
Just calm down and take a breath. No need to get worked up. This is a Volt thread and you just wrote an emotional story about your feelings and not the Volt. Try to stay on topic.
Prius is the top trade for the Volt.
I'd buy the Mitsubishi, before i would buy either of them.....it seem's the most cost-efficient, and isn't that the main point?
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7897 Dec 19, 2013
Root wrote:
Just calm down and relax. This is a forum about the Volt. No need to let your emotions dictate your mind thought. Simply put, concentrate on the Volt and not Love Volt.
Root, I have no idea what you're attempting to prove with your phoney altruism, but I can assure you, you are indeed wasting your time.
Frankly, your efforts at God knows what are having no effect on me whatsoever.
I simply intend to continue as I always have.
Toodles.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7898 Dec 19, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> I'd buy the Mitsubishi, before i would buy either of them.....it seem's the most cost-efficient, and isn't that the main point?
Good point.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7899 Dec 19, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
You responded to a joke!
Honestly, do you think I am that stupid that I didn't know it? Really? You honestly think I don't know what "analretentivevoltowner wrote" means?

Wow, you fell for the fact that I responded to a hater who AT LEAST doesn't try to hide his lies by pretending to know some phantom Volt owner to swears he made a mistake by buying the car.

Come on dude. Is that the best you can do? Was that your "aha" moment? Pretty pathetic.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7900 Dec 19, 2013
analretentivevoltowner wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW I failed to mention, we had a power failure at the ski lodge. We just plugged in the vote and powered the whole place for the weekend using only a half gallon of gas. What a vehicle!
Very cool.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7901 Dec 19, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> I'd buy the Mitsubishi, before i would buy either of them.....it seem's the most cost-efficient, and isn't that the main point?
Did I miss something? Which Mitsubishi? If you are talking about the 2014 i-MiEV, I can understand your point.

But all electric cars are directly connected to a second car. Tesla included. So, efficiency of an all electric must include the efficiency of that second car. That way it is a more fair comparison to the gas / electric Volt.

Otherwise, you are right.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7902 Dec 19, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Don't get me wrong. I had 3 Mitsubishi cars. 2 Colts and a Plymouth Arrow pick-up. I really liked that little pick-up. The Colts were pretty good. At least they were reliable, which is much more than I could say for Datsun and Toyota of the day.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7903 Dec 19, 2013
I saw one of these on the El Camino today. I must say, it was turning heads in a very, very major way. I'm sure everybody thought it was a Ferrari. I did when I saw it from the back. I noticed the Vette emblem but couldn't believe my eyes.. When I saw it from the side, it still looked like a Ferrari, but the "gill" slit gave it away.

21 - car related posts in the past 9 pages for me.
0 - for the poo.

And I'm not including the two about Mitsubishi. A fine product.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7904 Dec 19, 2013
The poo man thinks I can't read name tags. It was a little bit of sarcasm poo. You know, dry humor. You don't even have that kind of humor. But I did notice that Justin suddenly disappeared.

His writing style and use of the English language gave "him" away. I know that it was Poo-man-2.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7905 Dec 19, 2013
And there is no main point about electric cars. Electric cars are .... cars. Even electric car owners have their different desires. All the way from the Tesla Roadster or S all the way down to the Zenn.

Everybody has their druthers. Most folks can accept that.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7906 Dec 20, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
The poo man thinks I can't read name tags. It was a little bit of sarcasm poo. You know, dry humor. You don't even have that kind of humor. But I did notice that Justin suddenly disappeared.
His writing style and use of the English language gave "him" away. I know that it was Poo-man-2.
Quite the imagination!
Or is it just another senior moment?
And who said you can't read name tags?
I sure didn't
Can't wait to see what gets dreamed up next!
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7907 Dec 20, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly, do you think I am that stupid that I didn't know it? Really? You honestly think I don't know what "analretentivevoltowner wrote" means?
Wow, you fell for the fact that I responded to a hater who AT LEAST doesn't try to hide his lies by pretending to know some phantom Volt owner to swears he made a mistake by buying the car.
Come on dude. Is that the best you can do? Was that your "aha" moment? Pretty pathetic.
In your case, I don't just think it.
But I do think "analretentivevoltowner " is appropriate.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7908 Dec 20, 2013
Remember, it's a Volt thread and for heaven's sake be nice. Celebrate the Volt.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7909 Dec 20, 2013
Root wrote:
Why should folks pay any attention whatsoever to a self appointed arbiter who sees himself as the one and only?
Especially when that self appointed arbiter consistently violates his own advice.
That would be tantamount to inviting the fox into the hen house.
Like I said earlier, i pay little attention to your phoney altruism.
Toodles.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7910 Dec 20, 2013
Because you are better. Lead by example and be strong. Lighten up and celebrate the Volt and for heaven's sake, be nice. Show your caring side.

Location hidden

#7911 Dec 20, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I miss something? Which Mitsubishi? If you are talking about the 2014 i-MiEV, I can understand your point.
But all electric cars are directly connected to a second car. Tesla included. So, efficiency of an all electric must include the efficiency of that second car. That way it is a more fair comparison to the gas / electric Volt.
Otherwise, you are right.
From what i have studied, the Mitsubishi i-MiEV is not only built in the USA(Illinois), but is the most efficient and least costly......seem's the best choice, from several perspectives.....Hard to understand the virtue in the most expensive, car that saves money...lol....Perhap's close to the same mindset in so many magazines that celebrate the fastest and least fuel efficient, during a period, when gas prices are breaching $4 a gallon.....

Location hidden

#7912 Dec 20, 2013
Root wrote:
Are you from A&E channel?
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7913 Dec 20, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Are you from A&E channel?
Good question
IMHO, he epitomizes a God complex.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fcar F502 HD Hand-held Heavy Duty Truck Code Re... 14 hr jimmyLIN 1
what is the meaning of Auto Diagnostic Tool for... (Aug '12) 14 hr uobd2 7
MPPS V21 Firmware 1.09.03 Updated 17 hr uobd2 1
SKP1000 , Is this an upgraded version of SK900&... 19 hr uobd2 2
News It's time to nix the NASCAR overtime line rule ... Tue One phartse 4
vvdi key tool remote support list pdf download ... Tue tuita 2
How to use BDM frame aluminium Mon jimmyLIN 3
More from around the web