Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: JJFADS | Full story: taintedgreen.com

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Comments
7,141 - 7,160 of 9,217 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 19
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess you didn't get the message of the video ... eh poo? And you should talk. Go back just 5 pages. I have. You haven't made one post about the Volt to this Topix discussion. I have.
So .... a. using another persona .... b. calling me out for something that you are the worst offender of .... c. just being a hater (watch the video one more time ... you can't stand people that don't think, act, talk, and in general live like you).
OK poo .... like I said ... change your language and writing style and come up with another persona. Justin is so burned.
Got the wrong guy Luvvy.
You're getting a bit paranoid about people who challenge you.
Too suspicious for your own good?
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

To LuvmySelf.
Have you really gone to the extreme of quoting evangelists?
You seem to have a lot in common with them.
Be advised, I haven't looked at your video.
Rarely ever open attached links.
Not a wise practice these days.
Community Disorganizer

Trumbull, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny that you make fun of a car that has several limiters and two people in it and it is still keeping up with the other cars that you like. Make sense?
And glad you asked about the snow:
They are much, much better in the snow than the Elantra. The Volt weighs 1,100 lbs. more than the Hyundai. All these videos are without special tires. They don't need special tires because of the extra weight. A normal car this size would be slip sliding away because they are very light.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_KB1f73BEuEXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Dragging around an extra 1,100 pounds? No way that load can perform well on a road coarse.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Leagle Beagle wrote:
To LuvmySelf.
Be nice young pup.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Got the wrong guy Luvvy.
You're getting a bit paranoid about people who challenge you.
Too suspicious for your own good?
Sure .... OK
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Community Disorganizer wrote:
<quoted text>
Dragging around an extra 1,100 pounds? No way that load can perform well on a road coarse.
Heavy car will behave no different from lighter car in snow--depending on the snow and related conditions, tire type and condition, driver skill, etc.
Snow and related weather conditions come in infinite variations, and handling a vehicle in those conditions depends much more on driver, tires, car condition, suspension, etc., than a car's weight.
Only a fool would suggest or predict that any car will behave better than others in "snow" depending on weight alone.
For example, in deep "wet" snow, heavier cars can often get in trouble more quickly than a light car.
This Volt Evangelist tends to create a lot of his own theories and peddle them as facts.
He is so paranoid that every time somebody says something he disagrees with, it's automatically my fault, and his wacko theories come forth in abundance.
Hell, I spent the entire day yesterday helping one of our kids moving into a new home, and never touched a computer, my IPad, or cell phone, yet here he is with another cockamamie theory that I'm impersonating someone else.
It's classic insecurity.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Community Disorganizer wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not curb weight ... it's center of gravity. Guess you didn't know that. The Volt has one of the lowest center of gravity to weight ratios on the road. Guess you didn't know that either.

In fact ... there is nothing you know about the Volt.

I know how much you want to learn about the Volt, so keep posting "questions" and I'll be glad to answer.

I don't know what the fascination is that you have with race tracks and fuel efficient / commuter cars. You want to compare the Volt to a Ferrari? Whatever.

From the link:

"The Volt actually handles quite well, too. I like the power steering's tuning. Because the 435-pound T-shaped battery pack is mounted low under the center console and rear seats, the Volt's center of gravity is somewhere between 1.5 and 2 inches lower than a comparable car's, according to Chevy. In terms of vehicle dimensions, that's a lot. The Volt's track the distance between the left and right wheels is also relatively wide. All of this combines to give the car a very grounded feel."

http://www.cars.com/chevrolet/volt/2011/exper...

You see ... now we are talking car facts. Some day, this forum will end up there.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Leagle Beagle wrote:
To LuvmySelf.
Oh ... I know you don't open my links. You probably stopped opening my links just after you got your behind spanked the first time I came on this forum. Remember? Way back when I gave you a link to Reuters proving that the Volt was not losing $49,000 per unit sold. You didn't even read the article. You came back with:

"Your first paragraph is mostly conjecture and presumption---very little if any fact." Post 2528, page 121.

That blew my mind because all I had given was fact. I didn't know who or what you were. I thought you were just another poster who was maybe lacking in the knowledge that there may be some false information out there about the Volt, so I originally posted the article from Reuters thinking you would read every paragraph and see that they were contradicting themselves on every point.

I had to come back in post 2531 and break it down for you word for word. I had given you the link to read and you didn't bother reading!!! Without reading, you made the stupid statement above.

It has been that way ever since. In post 2527, you asked "Now let's stick to car talk, OK?" You don't ask that any more. I did stick to car talk and you realized that I knew a little more about the Volt than you did.

Back in those days, peter the repeater was posting the same 4 or 5 things about 10 times per page and that didn't bother you. I knew then ... my first days on this forum ... that you considered yourself the shepherd and the groupies were your sheep. Easy to spot.

You have degenerated to the point that you don't even post links because you know I'll stomp you again. You don't even try to pretend that you want to talk car talk. You are tired of being proven wrong so you don't even open links because you are afraid of the truth.

You would much rather be a misinformed liar than an informed liar. Does it make you feel more honest?

In the last 5 pages, I have put down 13 posts pertaining to hybrids, Volt subjects, etc. Some were in answer to pretty idiotic statements about the Volt, but facts none the less.

You have posted 0.

And I am the one that can't keep on track?

The words spoken in that video are true. Does it matter who speaks them? You can't stand people who don't think like you think ... people who don't do what you do ... how you do what you do ...

I love what he says here ... "We're sick and tired of your propensity to pick a fight ... so scared to death of difference".

OK ... last 5 pages me 13 ... you 0.

I don't have to have to go through your posts to find poo posts. That's because they are all poo posts.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

To the Volt Evangelist (LuvmySelf)

Long winded and self absorbed rhetoric does indeed closely resemble that of a tin horn evangelist.
You sound just like a diehard bible thumper who prays on Sunday, and preys on everyone else the rest of the week.

"Volt" is God's gift to the unwashed masses, right?
And those who don't agree with that edict are doomed to burn in purgatory!!
Praise be to Volt and the messiah--luvmySelf.
Amen.
ObsessedwithmyVo lt

Trumbull, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not curb weight ... it's center of gravity. Guess you didn't know that. The Volt has one of the lowest center of gravity to weight ratios on the road. Guess you didn't know that either.
In fact ... there is nothing you know about the Volt.
I know how much you want to learn about the Volt, so keep posting "questions" and I'll be glad to answer.
I don't know what the fascination is that you have with race tracks and fuel efficient / commuter cars. You want to compare the Volt to a Ferrari? Whatever.
From the link:
"The Volt actually handles quite well, too. I like the power steering's tuning. Because the 435-pound T-shaped battery pack is mounted low under the center console and rear seats, the Volt's center of gravity is somewhere between 1.5 and 2 inches lower than a comparable car's, according to Chevy. In terms of vehicle dimensions, that's a lot. The Volt's track the distance between the left and right wheels is also relatively wide. All of this combines to give the car a very grounded feel."
http://www.cars.com/chevrolet/volt/2011/exper...
You see ... now we are talking car facts. Some day, this forum will end up there.
We'll just add physics to the long list of subjects you would like us to believe you are knowledgeable of; but we know better! Keeping up with a BMW on a road coarse doing 40 MPH, we're supposed to be impressed? Why do you even waste your time posting that nonsense? BTW are you the clown driving the Volt in that video?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Heavy car will behave no different from lighter car in snow--depending on the snow and related conditions, tire type and condition, driver skill, etc.
Snow and related weather conditions come in infinite variations, and handling a vehicle in those conditions depends much more on driver, tires, car condition, suspension, etc., than a car's weight.
Only a fool would suggest or predict that any car will behave better than others in "snow" depending on weight alone.
For example, in deep "wet" snow, heavier cars can often get in trouble more quickly than a light car.
This Volt Evangelist tends to create a lot of his own theories and peddle them as facts.
He is so paranoid that every time somebody says something he disagrees with, it's automatically my fault, and his wacko theories come forth in abundance.
Hell, I spent the entire day yesterday helping one of our kids moving into a new home, and never touched a computer, my IPad, or cell phone, yet here he is with another cockamamie theory that I'm impersonating someone else.
It's classic insecurity.
OK ... I guess the people who live in the colder areas and buy mostly heavy trucks and SUV's are stupid. I think maybe, they are experienced.

In Alaska, 50% of all vehicles are large, mostly 4 wheel drive trucks. Another 33% are large SUV's. The other 12% are family type cars.

From the link:

"Now that you've seen how cold weather can negatively impact a hybrid's fuel economy, let's explore how hybrids actually perform on snow an ice. It's a legitimate concern when you're still trying to do a little eco-friendly driving during the cold winter months. Many consumers in colder climates buy large trucks and SUVs specifically because those vehicles handle snow and ice well."

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/fuel-efficiency...

Many articles talk about weight being an advantage when traction is concerned. The disadvantage being the weight is much more to handle in the steering and braking department. The Volt's traction and steering programming more than make up for that.

I guess you didn't want to open the links because you are afraid I put a virus in there ... eh? Or more likely, you didn't want to see just how great the Volt handles in the snow.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Leagle Beagle wrote:
To the Volt Evangelist (LuvmySelf)
Long winded and self absorbed rhetoric does indeed closely resemble that of a tin horn evangelist.
You sound just like a diehard bible thumper who prays on Sunday, and preys on everyone else the rest of the week.
"Volt" is God's gift to the unwashed masses, right?
And those who don't agree with that edict are doomed to burn in purgatory!!
Praise be to Volt and the messiah--luvmySelf.
Amen.
Your obsession with me has gotten the best of you. But, I like it. It only proves who is in control here. You know ... you were right. If you leave, I'll be bored. But you can't let it go. You are being controlled by your own lack of self control.

Once again ... last 5 pages ... me 13 cars/hybrid posts. You .... 0.

OK ... please don't leave. I like you.

15,000 miles on 30 gallons of gas. 2.4 cents per mile charging costs. 100 mpg when gas is at $2.40.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Allan McNish compares the 2011 Le Mans winner, the Audi R18 TDI and the 2012 & 2013 winner, the Audi R18 e-tron quattro.

At 1:25, he talks about the flywheel, energy storage system. The flywheel spins at an amazing 45,000 rpm's!!!

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

2 car related posts on this page. So now it's 15 car posts in the last 5 pages. Poo .... 0.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Your obsession with me has gotten the best of you. But, I like it. It only proves who is in control here. You know ... you were right. If you leave, I'll be bored. But you can't let it go. You are being controlled by your own lack of self control.
Once again ... last 5 pages ... me 13 cars/hybrid posts. You .... 0.
OK ... please don't leave. I like you.
15,000 miles on 30 gallons of gas. 2.4 cents per mile charging costs. 100 mpg when gas is at $2.40.
It's clear that you're delusional.
In control you say? You are so blind to reality my friend.
Indeed, the only thing you're "In control" of is self serving propaganda--most of which is your incessant reminders about how superior you consider yourself to be.
Arrogance and false pride are your trademarks.
You obviously see those as a strength.
In fact, they're your biggest weakness.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

LuvmySelf uses internet statistics to support his "theories" that weight is the biggest factor in traction--- Quote---"In Alaska, 50% of all vehicles are large, mostly 4 wheel drive trucks. Another 33% are large SUV's. The other 12% are family type cars"

In using that statistic, Luvvy actually blows his argument away.

"large 4wheel drive trucks" are most prominent in Alaska (and Yukon, BC, Colorado, Idaho, Wyoming, etc) largely because they provide far better traction than 2wheel drive vehicles. Mountains tend to demand better traction, particularly in snow and ice.
Also, most "Large SUVs" have most weight over the front wheels, and unless they're 4 wheelers, the drive axle is rear mounted.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Judged:

What LuvmySelf also overlooks is that most provinces and states with much snow and ice weather have regulations which allow studded tires and tire chains for better traction in snow/ice situations.
In fact, in Western Canada, Alaska, Yukon, etc., drivers will be cited if they don't mount studded tires and carry chains on board.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Judged:

Young pup, please be nice.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

Root wrote:
Young pup, please be nice.
Question: Am I a threat to you?
If your answer is "yes", then you're not being truthful.
The answer is in fact "no". There's no way I'm a threat to anyone.
That said, then why are you preaching "nice", when in fact what I'm doing is no threat to anyone--you, your spoofer personas, the Volt Messia (LuvmySelf), or anyone else.
Plus, you yourself have a very clear history of "not nice", so that fact alone puts your preaching "nice" a tad on the hypocritical side of events here.
So, all things considered, your altruistic advice is somewhat misplaced.
There are a lot more "not nice" individuals far more deserving-- your vulgar and offensive spoofed posts for starters.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

Young pup, just be nice.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••