Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11770 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7764 Dec 11, 2013
And by the way poo. Did you ever watch my little video showing very, very simple video editing using semi professional programs?

This has to do with your accusation of YouTube down loaders editing their videos. It was plain as day to me that they only knew how to download raw video.

This is video editing.

This only took 3 programs to accomplish. Took about 20 minutes for me, but I've been doing this for about 25 years.

Did you know that they had "windows" based computers before Windows came out? Bet you didn't. I did desktop publishing for quite a while before Windows even came out. Paid for my computer and programs.

Now try to figure out how I made the color of the Volt change!!! Hint, it had nothing with any paint program.

I know you won't watch because you don't want to know what I know.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7765 Dec 11, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
OK ... whatever you say.
But you must admit, now you know what a flywheel hybrid is. You don't have to thank me. But .....
Did you know that there are hydraulic hybrids also? No batteries involved there either.
No wonder you don't know the difference between the Prius and the Volt. You thought all hybrids were the same.
And are we angry? I thought you said you didn't get angry.
I'm merely pointing out your mistakes when it comes to talking about cars.
You say that (I'm assuming your foot) is square in my butt. Sounds like you want to give me an ars kicking.
Oooooohhhh .... you need to double up on those chill pills.
Don't really require any of your chill pills, but I would suggest you continue to make use of them, being as you seem to need them often.
FYI, I have just stocked up on BS Repellant Spray.
It gets used whenever I read posts from certain individuals who have a tendency to spread it around.
You'll be pleased to know that you qualify.

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/autoglym-bullsh...
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7766 Dec 11, 2013
Justin wrote:
Foot in a butt? Those are words from anger. I've read the last few pages and have come to the conclusion when challanged you take the opportunity to fight and that takes an angry person.
Methinks you doth "conclude" too much.
Your obviously feigned indignity is just a tad on the "contrived" side.
Be advised, your posts are thoroughly sanitized with BS Repellant before reading.
They really need it.
Suggest you try pulling the wool over someone else.
It doesn't phase me in the least.

Justin

United States

#7769 Dec 11, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Methinks you doth "conclude" too much.
Your obviously feigned indignity is just a tad on the "contrived" side.
Be advised, your posts are thoroughly sanitized with BS Repellant before reading.
They really need it.
Suggest you try pulling the wool over someone else.
It doesn't phase me in the least.
My conclusion is correct. You are an angry person.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7770 Dec 11, 2013
Justin wrote:
<quoted text>My conclusion is correct. You are an angry person.
We thank you for your insightful opinion.
Anything else you'd like to add?
If not, can we just move on?
Leagle Beagle

Toronto, Canada

#7771 Dec 11, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
So, by now you have read post #7754 and you have come to realize that the Le Mans hybrids are flywheel hybrids. You now know that flywheel hybrid technology has been around for probably over a hundred years.
Anyway ... getting back to this open mouth insert foot post of yours ...
Even if the technology used in these race hybrids was battery .... they still won!!!!
Your statement that the battery weighs as much or more than the fuel they displace does not factor in .... they are winning.
Can't you see that you opened mouth and inserted foot not once ... but twice.
Step back. Take a few deep breaths. take one of these ...
http://repost.eu/files/01/chill-pill-250-000-...
and then think for a few minutes ...
then type.
Following the above directions will allow that foot, which is by now at your throat level, to be extracted.
My pipe dream? It's more like your blunder.
Your great attempts at seizing the moral high ground are working perfectly.
I look more and more like a dumbass everyday.
All it qualifies at is entertainment--and that is very special.
The foot remains in it's rightful place.
Right smack dab in my butt--every time.

Help me to understand the Volt if you want me to be a friend. I do like the Volt.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7772 Dec 11, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>Your great attempts at seizing the moral high ground are working perfectly.
I look more and more like a dumbass everyday.
All it qualifies at is entertainment--and that is very special.
The foot remains in it's rightful place.
Right smack dab in my butt--every time.
Help me to understand the Volt if you want me to be a friend. I do like the Volt.
Hi Spoofer!
We liked you better when you called yourself Justin.
Justin

United States

#7773 Dec 11, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Spoofer!
We liked you better when you called yourself Justin.
Call me what you will. I still say you are an angry person and your comments show the world. What a strange day on the world wide web!
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7774 Dec 11, 2013
Justin wrote:
<quoted text>Call me what you will. I still say you are an angry person and your comments show the world. What a strange day on the world wide web!
Are you about finished now?
Redundancy proves nothing.
FWIW, you're fooling no one.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7775 Dec 11, 2013
What a difference a day makes. I believe the difference in temperature was about 15 degrees, give or take. Yesterday I achieved about 104 mpg.

Today, I achieved 152 mpg.

I know, I know .... 104 mpg sucks. But, here it is. I'll post the 152 mpg day tomorrow.

&fe ature=youtu.be
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7776 Dec 11, 2013
Wow great to see the Volt is still numero uno!

Sad to see the dog continues to provide us with silly jargon.

Good luck to the Volt and much thanks to the thousands of people that have purchased thi very good car.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7777 Dec 11, 2013
Justin wrote:
<quoted text>My conclusion is correct. You are an angry person.
He does the same thing to everyone that will not agree with him. No respect for others, no respct for those that like the Volt. He is a very odd person.
ObsessedwithmyVo lt

Florham Park, NJ

#7778 Dec 12, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
What a difference a day makes. I believe the difference in temperature was about 15 degrees, give or take. Yesterday I achieved about 104 mpg.
Today, I achieved 152 mpg.
I know, I know .... 104 mpg sucks. But, here it is. I'll post the 152 mpg day tomorrow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =mbhVj1GOw5UXX&feature=you tu.be
Get a life!

I'd like to see a Volt run hard on a race course for about three hours; it would make for great comedy!
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7779 Dec 12, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>He does the same thing to everyone that will not agree with him. No respect for others, no respct for those that like the Volt. He is a very odd person.
Eureka!!
The "he" you so pompously describe actually applies to just about everyone here.
And of course, you are a big player in it.
By your definition then, we therefor have much in common.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7780 Dec 12, 2013
Some very appropriate advice for our good friend Root....

"You jump at the chance of some harmless escapism today, and it will only do you good provided that you're ready to return to reality again tomorrow. Nevertheless, you shouldn't make any important emotional or financial decisions right now because you may not be viewing the situation in its true light and could easily be influenced by wishful thinking or unrealistic ideals."

How appropriate!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7781 Dec 12, 2013
So today is not the day to buy that puppy in the window?
Leagle Beagle

Toronto, Canada

#7782 Dec 12, 2013
Some very appropriate advice for my wife…

"She jumps at the chance of some harmless sexual intercourse today, and it will only do her good provided that she orgasms. She will return to reality again tomorrow. Nevertheless, she shouldn't make any important emotional or financial decisions right now because she may not be viewing the situation in its true light and could easily be influenced by wishful thinking or unrealistic sexual ideals."

How sexually appropriate!

But I like the Volt.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7783 Dec 12, 2013
ObsessedwithmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a life!
I'd like to see a Volt run hard on a race course for about three hours; it would make for great comedy!
There were two people in this Volt. Unlike the other cars on the track.

Great comedy. The Volt kept up with the others.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7784 Dec 12, 2013
So anyway ... day before yesterday I only got 102 mpg.

&fe ature=youtu.be

Yesterday I got 152 mpg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

It just struck me. The best the Prius can do is 50 mpg. My mpg plummeted by that amount! But ... and this is the part I love ... I was still getting twice as good mpg as the Prius.

Next day, I was getting three times the mpg than the Prius.

Chevy Volt Leapfrogs Toyota Prius

What I didn't point out in the second video is that I started out the day with a 36 mile range. The lowest I have ever started out with. Within just over 8 miles, I gained 2 miles. This was on a fairly cold day.

That is what gave me the 152 mpg. It was running very efficiently, despite the lower temperature.

Some days you gain range. Some days, you just stay even. Very rarely have I lost like the day I got 28 miles range.

It also depends on how long your trips are. I don't know about other electric cars, but the Volt almost always begins a trip by dropping a mile or two in range before it starts to gain fairly quickly.

So, if you take a bunch of little 2 or 3 mile trips, you won't gain at all.

But my overall average for 15,000 miles is still around 42 miles per charge.

An average of 132 mpg for the 15,000 when the purchase of gas is included.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7785 Dec 12, 2013
ObsessedwithmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a life!
Remember, those other cars on the track aren't limited like the Volt is.

Here is a guy, using a computer to shut down the limiters. He achieves 0-60 in 5.5 seconds and he still had one limiter he couldn't shut off.

I know you don't want to watch a Volt going 0-60 in 5.5 seconds because then you couldn't tell your bs stories without feeling like a liar.

But just in case you do want to watch ... go to 4:20 of this video.

OK ... enjoy the gas stations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is the most reliable engine ever made? (Aug '08) 21 hr SkoalDipperJoe 211
Two Installation Method on Premium Tech Tool PT... Fri eobdtool 1
V4.5.8 VVDI PROG new add multi-language (free d... May 25 diyobd2 1
Tips to cut plastic emergency keys with Condor ... May 25 diyobd2 2
High Quality MAN VCI Lite V14.01 Professional D... May 24 dreamer929 2
Xhorse Condor mini VS SEC-E9 key cutting machine May 24 diyobd2 1
2017 ZEUS Autoscanner MST-500 Handheld Motorcyc... May 24 uobd2 1
More from around the web