Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: taintedgreen.com 9,255

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Full Story
ObsessedwithmyVo lt

Trumbull, CT

#7715 Dec 10, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Formula 1 is not only going to have an all electric division, they are going hybrid in their main series.
The future is coming on fast.
http://www.gizmag.com/formul-1-going-hybrid-1...
At the rate that batteries are gaining range and losing weight, the main F1 division will be the electric division.
A few years down the road but within sight. You can't match the power and instant torque of an electric motor.
If they find a way and allow the changing of batteries quickly enough, electric f1 is very close to happening.
Don't see why they wouldn't allow changing of batteries. They allow refueling. Same thing.
What happened to the all electric division you bragged about yesterday? F1 should let the electrics and Hybrids run with the gas powered cars; or better yet just have an all Chevrolet Volt division.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7716 Dec 10, 2013
ObsessedwithmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened to the all electric division you bragged about yesterday? F1 should let the electrics and Hybrids run with the gas powered cars; or better yet just have an all Chevrolet Volt division.
I guess you didn't understand the article about F1.†There won't be anymore all gas in F1.†They are going to all hybrid.

And I guess you didn't know that the most grueling test, and most famous race in all of racing is already dominated by hybrids.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/2014-audi-r...

All gas power is out the door.†All gas power can not compete with electric power or hybrid.†Torque in electric motors is instantaneous.

Hybrids will rule the roost for now until batteries become light enough, which is within 5 - 7 years.†After that, you won't hear engine noise at a race.

Why?†Because money dominates racing, not noise.

Once again, F1 is going to all hybrid, not a separate hybrid division.

And I guess you didn't know that Chevy dominated Indy Car this year. Booted Honda out in only 2 years. Hybrids will soon be in Indy Car.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7717 Dec 10, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides what is clearly a neurotic obsession with a car, flattering yourself seems to be a parallel pre-occupation in your life.
It doesn't serve you well at all.
Check and check mate.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7718 Dec 10, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Check and check mate.
Check what, Mate?
More egocentric rebuttals?
More cut pasted internet wisdom?
More self adulation rhetoric?
Food for thought--don't flatter yourself.
No matter how you sugar coat your presence here, your Volt fetish remains a neurotic obsession.
And the bloated self image which accompanies it is constantly on display.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7719 Dec 10, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Check what, Mate?
More egocentric rebuttals?
More cut pasted internet wisdom?
More self adulation rhetoric?
Food for thought--don't flatter yourself.
No matter how you sugar coat your presence here, your Volt fetish remains a neurotic obsession.
And the bloated self image which accompanies it is constantly on display.
Bingo
ObsessedwithmyVo lt

Trumbull, CT

#7720 Dec 10, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you didn't understand the article about F1.†There won't be anymore all gas in F1.†They are going to all hybrid.
And I guess you didn't know that the most grueling test, and most famous race in all of racing is already dominated by hybrids.
http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/2014-audi-r...
All gas power is out the door.†All gas power can not compete with electric power or hybrid.†Torque in electric motors is instantaneous.
Hybrids will rule the roost for now until batteries become light enough, which is within 5 - 7 years.†After that, you won't hear engine noise at a race.
Why?†Because money dominates racing, not noise.
Once again, F1 is going to all hybrid, not a separate hybrid division.
And I guess you didn't know that Chevy dominated Indy Car this year. Booted Honda out in only 2 years. Hybrids will soon be in Indy Car.
Add the world of motorsports to the long list of subjects you're totally clueless about! The so called Chevy Indy Car engine is built by ILMOR Engineering and Pratt & Miller Engineering; Gubamint Motors (American Taxpayers) does foot the bill. Do you also believe that those NASCAR Chevys are also real because they have exhaust pipe and headlight stickers?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7721 Dec 10, 2013
ObsessedwithmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Add the world of motorsports to the long list of subjects you're totally clueless about! The so called Chevy Indy Car engine is built by ILMOR Engineering and Pratt & Miller Engineering; Gubamint Motors (American Taxpayers) does foot the bill. Do you also believe that those NASCAR Chevys are also real because they have exhaust pipe and headlight stickers?
We already went over this ... way back when. GM engineers were in charge of the entire program. It is common practice in racing to sub contract out. Do you truly believe that Chevy is the only race team doing this?

If you do, there's a bridge 50 miles from my house that is for sale.

And I noticed you kept quiet about the hybrids. Didn't know that hybrids rule Le Mans, did you?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7722 Dec 10, 2013
There can't be a hybrid division in drag bikes because the bikes are too small.†But, all electrics are within striking distance.†They have made big gains in just a few years.†

This was 7 years ago.†150 mph electric drag bike.

&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player

This was 6 years ago.†0-60 in .8 seconds.†170 MPH, 7.82 seconds in the quarter mile.†All electric motorcycle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

This was last year.†188 mph.†7.16 quarter mile.

Last year again.†Same bike.†195 mph.†7.0 seconds in the quarter.

Notice.†No ear protection worn by the crew.

Best time I could find.†6.94 - 201 mph in the quarter mile.

http://evworld.com/news.cfm...

There is currently new L.I. technology being developed that is very promising.†As much as 10 times the power of current batteries.†The added bonus is much less weight.†

Electric is the future because of the zero infrastructure that is needed.†A solar roof top and a plug.

Oil companies know this.†That is why gas is $1 more than 4 years ago, even though demand is down and a barrel of oil costs the same as then.

Gas powered cars must support their own infrastructure.†Their subsidies already total $1.7 trillion per year.†Thats enough gubament help.

Gas stations, delivery trucks, refineries etc., don't come cheap.†So you can't blame big oil for raising prices.†But I hate that they are demanding more subsidies.
Canada Vaginal Moisture

United States

#7723 Dec 10, 2013
His head is really bobbing and spinning now.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7726 Dec 10, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo
Pleased to see you admit to your internet excesses.
Now, can we expect a change for the better?
A less "holier than thou" attitude on your part would make a big difference.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7727 Dec 10, 2013
All this hoopla about electrics "taking over" car racing only goes so far.
What it doesn't talk about is how those race equipped hybrids are used.
Gasoline engines are still needed to go the distances.
Electrics are in effect high torque boosters used to accelerate more quickly out of slow areas or curves.
There is no cotton pickin' way an electric only would last in a Le Mans 24 hour competition.
The same goes for the electric motorcycles which achieve remarkable runs in quarter mile drags. One race, ant they're off to be recharged.
Bearded Canada Penis

United States

#7728 Dec 10, 2013
If the holier than though hater drinks urine from the streets of Canada will he remain an egotistical pos or will it cleanse the hatred from his body?
Leagle Beagle

Toronto, Canada

#7729 Dec 10, 2013
I really do like the Volt. Itís just so displeasing for me to see all the happy people owning it and talking about it. I admit to internet excesses but itís for good cause.
Iím going to work on making a change for the better.
A less "holier than thou" attitude on my part will make a big difference. Give me some time and let me rid my soul of hateful remarks.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7730 Dec 10, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Pleased to see you admit to your internet excesses.
Now, can we expect a change for the better?
A less "holier than thou" attitude on your part would make a big difference.
touche
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7731 Dec 10, 2013
NHRA drag race cars are rebuilt after almost every race. Electric motors are almost never rebuilt.

NHRA drag bikes have their engines changed out often enough that they need at least one back up.

So much for "they are off to be recharged". Let's see ... gas powered drag bikes are off to be refueled.

Same thing ... isn't it? Fuel is fuel. I don't know ... perhaps I'm wrong. Is changing out a battery illegal when changing out a motor isn't?

And ... electric motors driving the front wheels of a Le Man's car makes that car a hybrid.

They beat the all gas Le Man's cars.

What is all the hoopla? Is this a real question put forth by a purported "car expert"?

The hoopla is that the all gas cars lost. We are talking about hundreds of millions of dollars spent by these teams.

To think that the losers are looking at the winners and saying "it's just hoopla ... it will go away" is a little bit of naivety.

And why is F1 going to hybrids? It's because of the r-e-a-l hoopla being caused by hybrids beating gas race cars.

I don't know, maybe our resident expert knows more than the F1 and Le Mans engineers.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7733 Dec 10, 2013
This is just one of the L.I. technologies coming down the road. There are several others.

Article heading:

"A new material called Aluminum-Celmet can triple the energy capacity of lithium-ion batteries."

http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/thinking-tech...
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7734 Dec 10, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
NHRA drag race cars are rebuilt after almost every race. Electric motors are almost never rebuilt.
NHRA drag bikes have their engines changed out often enough that they need at least one back up.
So much for "they are off to be recharged". Let's see ... gas powered drag bikes are off to be refueled.
Same thing ... isn't it? Fuel is fuel. I don't know ... perhaps I'm wrong. Is changing out a battery illegal when changing out a motor isn't?
And ... electric motors driving the front wheels of a Le Man's car makes that car a hybrid.
They beat the all gas Le Man's cars.
What is all the hoopla? Is this a real question put forth by a purported "car expert"?
The hoopla is that the all gas cars lost. We are talking about hundreds of millions of dollars spent by these teams.
To think that the losers are looking at the winners and saying "it's just hoopla ... it will go away" is a little bit of naivety.
And why is F1 going to hybrids? It's because of the r-e-a-l hoopla being caused by hybrids beating gas race cars.
I don't know, maybe our resident expert knows more than the F1 and Le Mans engineers.
Gas engines in race cars or bikes can be refuelled in seconds. Batteries take a little longer. Hours.
Millions of dollars spent by these teams??
How many hundreds of millions have been spent on battery technology, and adapting it to race cars?
Hoopla?? The only hoopla we see here is authored by one person--LuvmySelf.
And let us not forget that the gas engines in race adapted hybrids are still doing most of the heavy lifting in these races.
LuvmySelf's justification for his obsession is consistently misleading--always a one sided point of view.
It's called "Spin".
Is he by chance a politician?
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7736 Dec 10, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
This is just one of the L.I. technologies coming down the road. There are several others.
Article heading:
"A new material called Aluminum-Celmet can triple the energy capacity of lithium-ion batteries."
http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/thinking-tech...
Next time please disclose the entire article before making such claims which are obviously false.

"Could lead......" Are the principal action words here.

The author points out very clearly that this technology is very much in the hypothetical stage at this time, and it will be a very long time before any conclusions can be made--if this ever happens.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7738 Dec 10, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Next time please disclose the entire article before making such claims which are obviously false.
"Could lead......" Are the principal action words here.
The author points out very clearly that this technology is very much in the hypothetical stage at this time, and it will be a very long time before any conclusions can be made--if this ever happens.
Your great grandfather was one of those people who laughed at the horseless carriage.

Your position on all of these matters is being chipped away as we speak.

L.I. batteries have gained 10% more range and have dropped 40% in cost just in the last 2 years.

I feel sorry for you dude. Your hatred is such that you take an untenable position with regards to these facts.

Are you that so entrenched in your beliefs that you can't even see the future?

Wow ... until tonight, I thought you were just a hater. I now realize that you are without thought, reason or the ability to understand.

Sorry I picked on you. I thought we were pretty close in ability.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7739 Dec 10, 2013
Canada Chick with a dick wrote:
Is beagle perhaps a liar with hate flowing through his brains? Yes and he is and he also sucks big cocks.
Amen. He can't admit that hybrids are beating all gas race cars. He thinks that the electric motors in the Audi hybrids are only working when coming out of corners.

In fact, they are always working. They add to the horse power no matter where they are on the track.

That is exactly what the Prius does. The Prius is very rarely full electric. It is a hybrid in the purest form. Exactly what the Le Mans Audi's do. What does he think a hybrid is?

That is exactly what I have been trying to make him understand. The Prius was the mpg king until the Voltec system came along. Of course they can't use the Voltec system in race cars ...(yet).

They must use parallel hybrid systems like the Prius. Not only does this system make them faster out of the corners, and add horse power down the straights, it cuts down on their fuel usage. Thus, they can drive with less fuel in the tanks and make them lighter. A double advantage.

This pathetic little person can't accept that. Wow. Until now, I thought he was a hater with knowledge and just wouldn't admit. Now I realize that he is devoid of knowledge also. That makes him twice as ignorant.

I mean ... it is so pathetic that he is trying to defend a position that even the best Le Man's & F1 engineers have abandoned.

It really is pathetic. Even I am a little embarrassed for him and I can't stand him. Although, I did love crossing swords with him as he is totally unarmed with facts.

He doesn't understand that these f1 and Le Mans racing teams don't care about what makes them finish first. If poo made their cars win ... he would be in big demand, because they would use it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to†turn the lamp outage off†with Ford VCM i... 7 hr yellowbend 1
Could you please let me know if bmw multi tool ... 7 hr Cindy-cittmy 2
Original Autel 2014 MaxiDASģ DS708 Automotive D... 7 hr Cindy-cittmy 1
What is Mileage Correction Tool (Jul '12) 8 hr uobd2 4
Man charged with murder in Craigslist case 15 hr I know 8
NASCARs Brian France says new manufacturers cou... 17 hr Wang 3
How to solve MVP Key Pro M8 Driver problem Wed uobd2 2
More from around the web