Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11784 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7693 Dec 9, 2013
I read an interesting article about the Via Motors trucks that are to be used by PG&E. The author was at a loss for words as to why the company would spend $79,000 for a $25,000 truck.

1. PG&E spokespeople stated that, first of all, gas alone would save them $10,000,000 a year.

2. The lifetime cost of gas for the ICE truck would bring the cost of that truck to within a few thousand dollars of the Via Motors Truck.

3. Maintenance costs would bring the two trucks to the same level of cost over that lifetime. Brakes will last nearly the lifetime of the Via. Oil changes alone are a huge savings. Maintenance on a motor with 1 moving part are nil. Virtually no transmission to service. Time spent away from a job site while in the shop is money.

4. Adding a generator that has the same capabilities as the Via Motor's generator would put the cost of the ICE truck far ahead of the Via. This is a generator that can power a whole street.

5. The $79,000 is the price of the truck 2 years ago. L.I. battery costs have fallen drastically since then. This means PG&E's savings per truck is well worth the investment.

The future is here. Haters will spin in their poo.

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7694 Dec 9, 2013
Canada Dickhead Hair wrote:
If a canadian buys a Volt will he become normal or still remain a canadian?
Being that I have known some Canadians .... not one of them being an obsessed liar / hater .... he's not normal. But he will remain Canadian by citizenship.

Let's put it this way .... if the Volt was a Canadian car, he would love it. He hates the USA.

He never once answered any of my challenges to him about the Zenn. A Canadian based electric car. 0-20 in 5 seconds. Top speed ... 20 mph.

And he considers the Volt a piece of crap?

But ... I like him. I love making his little head spin.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7695 Dec 9, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Look ... if you're so broke that you need that $5 it cost me to beat up somebody else's car, that's your problem.
I had my first Caddy for 17 years and only put 115,000 miles on it. Why? Because I refused to beat the crap out of it. But I sold it for almost 3 times blue book. I had a long list of people waiting for a 17 year old car that still looked showroom new.
So, if you want to end up with a car that rattles, is chipped up and drifts all over the place, go on. Your wallet must be hurting real bad if you need that 5 bucks.
You call wear and tear fuzzy math? There you go again. Poo'ing all over the place. Give me some real world numbers that prove that you can drive 650 miles and not cause one cent of wear and tear on a car. You know you can't. You're a liar if you try.
You're a fool. A broke fool. One who claims that he has a $2.8 million business.
By the way ... what do you drive? I'm sorry ... I don't know why I asked that. The only answer I will get is some big lollapalooza of an answer ... like the villa at Puerto Vallarta. Or the $2.8 million business. Or the huge car repair shop. So ... you must drive a Bugatti. Yeah ... that's it .... and I use my Ferrari to go slummin'.... yeah ... that's it.
And you call me a blow hard? You're just a liar. You claim that you don't live in Windsor. That's just where your provider is. You know, you could have claimed that you live in one of the very expensive tracts in Windsor. But you are such a terrible liar that you missed that one.
Fact is, you live in a little house in the Detroit suburb of Windsor. You're so broke that you can't afford to spend an extra $5 to beat up somebody else's car.
A real money person understands savings. You have no clue. If you were truly the business person you claim to be, you would never drive your own car on a trip.
Here's a challenge for you ... oh mighty car person .... try looking up used car costs and see what the difference is in price between a car that has 50,000 miles on it and the same car that has 80,000 on it. Duh .... wear and tear is fuzzy math?
Take one of these ...
http://www.macrobusiness.com.au/wp-content/up...
Try not being so obsessed with me.
But I won't get you wrong .... I know you don't hate the Volt
Indeed, you are so far out in left field it seems there must be a screw loose for sure.
Your wild and irrational conjecture about my location, life style, and net worth, etc., is merely the jealous rant of a seriously disturbed person--something one would expect of a petulant child trying to boost a fragile image amongst his peers.
Renting cars to save wear and tear on your own car is a choice that most folks would never make.
Regardless, yours is a bizarre strategy that only a complete fool would subscribe to.
Your justification for that strategy makes no sense whatsoever.
Be that as it may, you have certainly gone above and beyond reality this time.
Best stop right now before going any further into your fantasy world.
Nothing good will come of it.
Food for some serious thought my friend..
Leagle Beagle

Toronto, Canada

#7697 Dec 9, 2013
I’m self destructive and that would be more appropriate.
The reality is that my latest revelation is really bizarre.
The strangest one yet--of many quite odd comments along the way.
A perfectly good (or so I say) anal-intruder dildo sitting in my bed stand, and I rent a male prostitute blow up doll to use in its place.
My justification is that I don’t want to risk getting my toy dusty--and then present us with accurate sex talk and fuzzy Canadian wife vagina claiming I save money doing this.
I have an obsession for sure.
For lack of a better description, I’m just licking nuts.

But I love the Volt and I love you.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7699 Dec 9, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed, you are so far out in left field it seems there must be a screw loose for sure.
Your wild and irrational conjecture about my location, life style, and net worth, etc., is merely the jealous rant of a seriously disturbed person--something one would expect of a petulant child trying to boost a fragile image amongst his peers.
Renting cars to save wear and tear on your own car is a choice that most folks would never make.
Regardless, yours is a bizarre strategy that only a complete fool would subscribe to.
Your justification for that strategy makes no sense whatsoever.
Be that as it may, you have certainly gone above and beyond reality this time.
Best stop right now before going any further into your fantasy world.
Nothing good will come of it.
Food for some serious thought my friend..
There is no conjecture on my part about your so called wealth. Do I have to go back and find your posts? You said you have 2 businesses. One of them a $2.8 million business. You said you have a condo in Puerto Vallarta. You deny living in Windsor. 

Any business owner with any grain of brain material never uses his own car for travel. They rent and write it off as a business expense, even when it's not for business. Or they lease, which means it isn't their car anyway. But they never use their own car. So you are no business owner!

This is how I know you are a liar. You're a little man, in a little house in the suburb of Detroit. 

Keep your lies straight. Remember, I'm keeping them strait for you.

But I do love making your head spin.

Take 2 for dizziness

Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7700 Dec 9, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no conjecture on my part about your so called wealth. Do I have to go back and find your posts? You said you have 2 businesses. One of them a $2.8 million business. You said you have a condo in Puerto Vallarta. You deny living in Windsor. 
Any business owner with any grain of brain material never uses his own car for travel. They rent and write it off as a business expense, even when it's not for business. Or they lease, which means it isn't their car anyway. But they never use their own car. So you are no business owner!
This is how I know you are a liar. You're a little man, in a little house in the suburb of Detroit. 
Keep your lies straight. Remember, I'm keeping them strait for you.
But I do love making your head spin.
Take 2 for dizziness
You are living and dreaming in fantasyland my friend.
All that hypebole and conjecture you spew is pure horse pucky.
Pity.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7702 Dec 9, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Pity.
Is that it? Is that the best you can do?
How about this .... go back to my original challenge to you about the planetary. You didn't even know that the planetary in the Volt is a series hybrid planetary.
You thought the Volt was a parallel hybrid, like the Prius.
Your groupie doesn't even want to look at a link that proves the Volt gets better than 12 mpg than a VW TDI in the city ... in gas mode!!!!
You call yourself the car expert. You say you are tired of people talking about non-car topics.
Go study and explain to me what makes the planetary in the Volt different than the Prius. I already gave you all the links and all the answers. But you still don't understand what makes the Volt planetary so different.
The brilliant engineers at GM were able to eliminate a second gear ratio in the gear box by engineering the planetary the way they did.
Try understanding that. Try understanding just what it is that you are putting down.
You knock a car that you think you know how it works. But you don't. You don't even know what torque split is. You slam something you don't understand.
You made a reference to Henry Ford using a planetary, as if he invented it. As I informed you .... planetaries have been around since BC.
So .... once you learn this one fact about the planetary, we'll move on to the next subject. It's all about forum subject talk. I can do it. Can you?
Just try answering this one post without slinging poo. Try talking cars.
If you can't, don't reply.
Canada Dickhead Hair

United States

#7703 Dec 9, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Pity.
Get some preparation h and rub on your wife's lips you goof.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7704 Dec 9, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
How about this .... go back to my original challenge to you about the planetary. You didn't even know that the planetary in the Volt is a series hybrid planetary.
Your groupie doesn't even want to look at a link that proves the Volt gets better than 12 mpg than a VW TDI in the city ... in gas mode!!!!
You call yourself the car expert. You say you are tired of people talking about non-car topics.
Go study and explain to me what makes the planetary in the Volt different than the Prius. I already gave you all the links and all the answers. But you still don't understand what makes the Volt planetary so different.
The brilliant engineers at GM were able to eliminate a second gear ratio in the gear box by engineering the planetary the way they did.
Try understanding that. Try understanding just what it is that you are putting down.
You knock a car that you think you know how it works. But you don't. You don't even know what torque split is. You slam something you don't understand.
You made a reference to Henry Ford using a planetary, as if he invented it. As I informed you .... planetaries have been around since BC.
So .... once you learn this one fact about the planetary, we'll move on to the next subject. It's all about forum subject talk. I can do it. Can you?
Horse pucky.
Do you ever get tired of this compulsive need to blow your horn?
ObsessedwithmyVo lt

Newtown, CT

#7705 Dec 9, 2013
Enough with the planetary! The Volt is just a contraption, a gubamint gadget; soon to go the way of the Dinosaurs.
Canada Dickhead Hair

United States

#7706 Dec 9, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
This guy won't reply but he will blow his wifes horn. Gets both of em hard. Just a hater.
liner

Brooklyn, NY

#7707 Dec 9, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
I.know you don't check out the links. God forbid you should find out that the Volt got 12 mpg better than the VW TDI in the city. And that was with a flawed test that put the Volt at a disadvantage.
That doesn't fit into your preconceived world.
Enjoy the gas stations.
Why would you think anybody, except you apparently, would care a fig that a Volt got 12mpg more than a VW? Man, you REALLY need a life!
Canada Dickhead Hair

United States

#7708 Dec 9, 2013
Oh liner liner liner there' s nothing finer
but for the use of a comma
that gives you away
Sit back and relax
Suck on some cracks
Big daddy is here to play
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7709 Dec 9, 2013
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you think anybody, except you apparently, would care a fig that a Volt got 12mpg more than a VW? Man, you REALLY need a life!
The only one here who doesn't realize it is himself.
His present life--wrapped entirely around his Volt can't really amount to much.
Leagle Beagle

Toronto, Canada

#7711 Dec 9, 2013
Why would anybody think, except me apparently, would know that a fig is a fruit and a Volt gets 12mpg more than a VW? Man, I'm REALLY in need of a anal-intruder dildo! The only one here who doesn't realize it is myself.
My present life--wrapped entirely around my wife and her dick can't really amount to much.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7712 Dec 9, 2013
Formula 1 is not only going to have an all electric division, they are going hybrid in their main series.

The future is coming on fast.

http://www.gizmag.com/formul-1-going-hybrid-1...

At the rate that batteries are gaining range and losing weight, the main F1 division will be the electric division.

A few years down the road but within sight. You can't match the power and instant torque of an electric motor.

If they find a way and allow the changing of batteries quickly enough, electric f1 is very close to happening.

Don't see why they wouldn't allow changing of batteries. They allow refueling. Same thing.
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7713 Dec 10, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
The only one here who doesn't realize it is himself.
His present life--wrapped entirely around his Volt can't really amount to much.
Let's say my life is wrapped entirely around my Volt. Your proof of that can only come from this forum, being that we don't know each other on any other level.

Your statement implies that the subject one speaks of is their obsession ... mine being my car.
Using your train of thought, your obsession is me, being that 95% of your posts are attacks on me. I'm using your definition now.

Don't you hate it when your words are turned against you?
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7714 Dec 10, 2013
IluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's say my life is wrapped entirely around my Volt. Your proof of that can only come from this forum, being that we don't know each other on any other level.
Your statement implies that the subject one speaks of is their obsession ... mine being my car.
Using your train of thought, your obsession is me, being that 95% of your posts are attacks on me. I'm using your definition now.
Don't you hate it when your words are turned against you?
Besides what is clearly a neurotic obsession with a car, flattering yourself seems to be a parallel pre-occupation in your life.
It doesn't serve you well at all.
ObsessedwithmyVo lt

Newtown, CT

#7715 Dec 10, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Formula 1 is not only going to have an all electric division, they are going hybrid in their main series.
The future is coming on fast.
http://www.gizmag.com/formul-1-going-hybrid-1...
At the rate that batteries are gaining range and losing weight, the main F1 division will be the electric division.
A few years down the road but within sight. You can't match the power and instant torque of an electric motor.
If they find a way and allow the changing of batteries quickly enough, electric f1 is very close to happening.
Don't see why they wouldn't allow changing of batteries. They allow refueling. Same thing.
What happened to the all electric division you bragged about yesterday? F1 should let the electrics and Hybrids run with the gas powered cars; or better yet just have an all Chevrolet Volt division.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7716 Dec 10, 2013
ObsessedwithmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened to the all electric division you bragged about yesterday? F1 should let the electrics and Hybrids run with the gas powered cars; or better yet just have an all Chevrolet Volt division.
I guess you didn't understand the article about F1. There won't be anymore all gas in F1. They are going to all hybrid.

And I guess you didn't know that the most grueling test, and most famous race in all of racing is already dominated by hybrids.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/2014-audi-r...

All gas power is out the door. All gas power can not compete with electric power or hybrid. Torque in electric motors is instantaneous.

Hybrids will rule the roost for now until batteries become light enough, which is within 5 - 7 years. After that, you won't hear engine noise at a race.

Why? Because money dominates racing, not noise.

Once again, F1 is going to all hybrid, not a separate hybrid division.

And I guess you didn't know that Chevy dominated Indy Car this year. Booted Honda out in only 2 years. Hybrids will soon be in Indy Car.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BMW boycott sought by Jesse Jackson 9 hr vbs 2
News Jeep Patriot: An Unpleasant Surprise (Jan '10) Fri Guy with jeep pat... 38
5 cylinder chevy colorado (May '07) Oct 18 Bob D 316
News GM to Introduce at Least 20 New EVs by 2023 Oct 17 BS Repellent 6
EU cars key programmer advice, Lonsdor K518 is ... Oct 12 lanny717 2
XTOOL X-100 PAD Tablet Key Programmer (Nov '15) Oct 10 jimmyLIN 16
XTOOL X300 Plus X300+ Auto Key Programmer with ... Oct 10 jimmyLIN 1
More from around the web