Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11770 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

ObsessedwithmyVo lt

Newtown, CT

#7673 Dec 8, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
The Elantra is way too light for the highway. You feel every bump. Also, the wind puts you all over the road.
By the time I got home, my arms were tired. The 1,100 pounds more the Volt weighs makes it go straight and true. You can barely hold onto the wheel and steer it easily.
When I go through the Altamont pass, one of the windiest places in CA, it cuts the wind like butter.
Also, the noise factor was a little too much. The stereo is tinny. My Volt is the cheapest Volt you can buy and the stereo is 10 times better. XM, a 32 gig recorder, 12 speakers. That's the cheap one.
OK ... oh haters that are not obsessed. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA .... do you guys even understand how pathetically hypocritical you guys are?
You whine and wail on a pro Volt forum, but the Volt owner is obsessed!!!
OK poo poo ... read your definition once again and give it some thought.
Sounds like you're ready to snap. Calm down, take a med or two, take a ride in your Volt, everything is going to be OK.
ObsessedwithmyVo lt

Newtown, CT

#7674 Dec 8, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Right!
Alternate fuelled cars (EVs, Fuel Cell, Natural Gas, etc) may be the way of the future, but that future is still a long way off.
The US buying public will stick with gasoline for quite a while yet.
They're not ready to accept today's products for those reasons you've stated, and several more.
LuvmySelf's rental example is classic.
Correct, until they improve on battery technology, cars like the Volt can't be take seriously; they're just limited use gadgets.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7675 Dec 8, 2013
Da French Model wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. They can't put anything on the innernet that's not true, right? Bon Jour!
Believe what you want. Gas is $1 more a gallon than 4 years ago. A barrel of oil costs the same even though demand is way down, so, just by that reasoning, the cost of a gallon of gas should be what it was then. People are getting laid off by big oil.

Of course, big oil never lies ... do they? They are as honest as politicians.

And it's bonjour.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7676 Dec 8, 2013
ObsessedwithmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you're ready to snap. Calm down, take a med or two, take a ride in your Volt, everything is going to be OK.
Are we obsessed? Your hatred is such that you can't stand me loving my car?

The two most loved cars in the world are the Tesla S ... now the reigning champ ... and the Chevy Volt ... 3 time world champ.

I know that bugs you. I know it makes you dizzy just thinking how foolish all those owners are. If they would only listen to you. The world would be a better place.

But here's a thought ... just take a chill pill ... let people like the cars they are going to like. There are always going to be fools like me who only imagine the fact that they are saving thousands of dollars a year on gas savings .... so don't stress.

In the end, my imagined savings will get the better of me and I will remember all the good advice you tried to give me and you can take heart in knowing that. OK?

Enjoy the gas stations.

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7677 Dec 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Correct, until they improve on battery technology, cars like the Volt can't be take seriously; they're just limited use gadgets.
I love the way you guys stroke each other. Electric cars are being taken seriously.

Why do you think a gas / electric took first two places in Le Man's this year? Why do you think F1 is going to have an electric division next year?

Because battery technology is moving so fast that those who sit on the side lines (like you two) are going to be left out. Cost has dropped 40% in the last two years and range has improved by more than 10% in that time. Two years!!!

In the mean time, I am averaging 126 mpg when gas and charging costs are factored.

Your car gets what??????????
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7678 Dec 8, 2013
People hating other peoples cars????? That's not an obsession??????

Hmmmm ....
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7679 Dec 8, 2013
You poo poos seem to have forgetten this stuff.

These drivers didn't even know how to take advantage of the regenerative actions of the Volt and the Volt still kicked ars on the Jetta TDI, Fiat 500, Kia hybrid, and the ... wait for it ... Hyundai Elantra.

Beat the TDI by 4 mpg and the Elantra by 8 mpg. That's after 800+ miles.

Now ... according the the Volt chief engineer, states that learning regenerative actions can enhance your mpg by up to 20%, this is still outstanding.

In fact, these guys in this video drove in the city for 180 miles in one day. Not even close to the way a city mpg should be tested. Who drives 180 miles in the city in one day? Yet ... the Volt had a 44.8 mpg in that city test. The nearest car to it was 32.7!!!!!

If the test had been done correctly, the Volt would have had a 130 mpg at the least.

Oh yeah ... limited use.

OK .. Dolt ... quit obsessing. I hate making you look bad.

Chill pill dude. Hatred makes your head hurt.

In the meantime, I'm having a great time loving my car and laughing at you.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7680 Dec 8, 2013
Oh ... I left out one very important factor when giving the reasoning behind renting a car instead of beating the crap out of any of my good cars.

600 miles of big rig pot holes. What do you think that does to struts, shocks, springs, ball joints, front ends, every single nut, bolt and rivet on your car?????

So, I'll just factor in a measly $10 for that one.

Added to the following:

Tire wear for the trip for 4 tires ...$10
Wear on belts and hoses ...$10
Engine, transmission and rear end wear ...$10
Trade in value with 640 miles extra ...-$10 ... at a bare minimum.

It cost me $2 to rent and beat up somebody else's car.

I didn't even mention pitted windshield and front end paint.

Those two factors are in trade in value.

Only an obsessed hater or someone who is not willing to admit somebody else may have a good idea can't see the good points of renting a car.

To each his own. That's called not obsessing.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7681 Dec 8, 2013
Da French Model wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. They can't put anything on the innernet that's not true, right? Bon Jour!
And don't forget, that $1 more per gallon of gas over 4 years ago, in spite of the fact that oil costs the same and demand is way down .... is current prices.

Remember this past summer?

The oil companies are letting you get used to the new "cheap prices".
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7682 Dec 8, 2013
The LuvmySelf guy is genuinely obsessed, not just with his car, but with his own importance as well.
Pity.

It happens when one loses a grip on reality.

Food for thought.
liner

Brooklyn, NY

#7683 Dec 8, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe what you want. Gas is $1 more a gallon than 4 years ago. A barrel of oil costs the same even though demand is way down, so, just by that reasoning, the cost of a gallon of gas should be what it was then. People are getting laid off by big oil.
Of course, big oil never lies ... do they? They are as honest as politicians.
And it's bonjour.
Guess you've never seen the commercial I'm spoofing, have you? Come to think of it, you don't have time to watch TV. You're on here 24/7 posting links nobody reads.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7684 Dec 8, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
The LuvmySelf guy is genuinely obsessed, not just with his car, but with his own importance as well.
Pity.
It happens when one loses a grip on reality.
Food for thought.
You crack me up poo poo. I point out why I rent instead of beating my car up. In the end , I spend about $5 after saving long term wear and tear. I don't call you a fool for not renting. That's your business.
The person obsessed with somebody elses business is you. And you feel your importance is paramount because you can't stand the fact that somebody thinks differently than you.
Take a chill pill ... live and let live. You don't rent, I will rent. It takes all kinds to make the world go around. 
What's the problem other than it bugs you? Nothing. That's it. It just bugs you that I am not patterning my life after you.
Here ... they're on sale.
http://www.buttonempire.com.au/chill-pill.htm...
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7685 Dec 8, 2013
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess you've never seen the commercial I'm spoofing, have you? Come to think of it, you don't have time to watch TV. You're on here 24/7 posting links nobody reads.
I.know you don't check out the links. God forbid you should find out that the Volt got 12 mpg better than the VW TDI in the city. And that was with a flawed test that put the Volt at a disadvantage.
That doesn't fit into your preconceived world.
Enjoy the gas stations.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7686 Dec 8, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Right!
Alternate fuelled cars (EVs, Fuel Cell, Natural Gas, etc) may be the way of the future, but that future is still a long way off.
The US buying public will stick with gasoline for quite a while yet.
They're not ready to accept today's products for those reasons you've stated, and several more.
LuvmySelf's rental example is classic.
You using my renting as an example as "classic" is asinine. I rented way before I bought the Volt. As I pointed out to you in real world numbers, by the time I subtract all the costs of beating the crap out of a car, I only pay about $2 -$5 for the rental.

Here's a guy that has driven his Volt 79,000 in two years. And he still loves his Volt. Has saved $10,000 in two years on gas.

So .... what is the "classic" example now? The future is here. Why do you think that the two cars that are loved more than any other cars, ever ... in history ... are an electric and a plug in electric? You can stick to gasoline all you want. Going to the gas station is a thing of the past. Just not for you.

Your hatred is blinding you .... but I won't get you wrong .... you don't hate the Volt.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7687 Dec 9, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
You using my renting as an example as "classic" is asinine. I rented way before I bought the Volt. As I pointed out to you in real world numbers, by the time I subtract all the costs of beating the crap out of a car, I only pay about $2 -$5 for the rental.
Here's a guy that has driven his Volt 79,000 in two years. And he still loves his Volt. Has saved $10,000 in two years on gas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =pyVNG1TyW6QXX
So .... what is the "classic" example now? The future is here. Why do you think that the two cars that are loved more than any other cars, ever ... in history ... are an electric and a plug in electric? You can stick to gasoline all you want. Going to the gas station is a thing of the past. Just not for you.
Your hatred is blinding you .... but I won't get you wrong .... you don't hate the Volt.
Are we talking "Obsession", or should this be upgraded to "Insanity"?
One way or the other, what we're witnessing is indeed "Classic"!!
ObsessedwithmyVo lt

Florham Park, NJ

#7688 Dec 9, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Are we talking "Obsession", or should this be upgraded to "Insanity"?
One way or the other, what we're witnessing is indeed "Classic"!!
The guy has completely lost it! His postings have degenerated to self defensive incessant babbling about the Volt.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7689 Dec 9, 2013
<quoted text>
The guy has completely lost it! His postings have degenerated to self defensive incessant babbling about the Volt.
Self destructive would be more appropriate.
The reality is that LuvmySelf's latest revelation is really bizarre.
The strangest one yet--of many quite odd comments along the way.
A perfectly good (or so he says) car sitting in his driveway, and he rents a car to use in its place
His justification is that he does't want to risk getting his own car dusty--and then presents us with fuzzy math claiming he saves money doing this.
That's more than just an obsession for sure.
For lack of a better description, that's just nuts.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7690 Dec 9, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Self destructive would be more appropriate.
The reality is that LuvmySelf's latest revelation is really bizarre.
The strangest one yet--of many quite odd comments along the way.
A perfectly good (or so he says) car sitting in his driveway, and he rents a car to use in its place
His justification is that he does't want to risk getting his own car dusty--and then presents us with fuzzy math claiming he saves money doing this.
That's more than just an obsession for sure.
For lack of a better description, that's just nuts.
Look ... if you're so broke that you need that $5 it cost me to beat up somebody else's car, that's your problem.

I had my first Caddy for 17 years and only put 115,000 miles on it. Why? Because I refused to beat the crap out of it. But I sold it for almost 3 times blue book. I had a long list of people waiting for a 17 year old car that still looked showroom new.

So, if you want to end up with a car that rattles, is chipped up and drifts all over the place, go on. Your wallet must be hurting real bad if you need that 5 bucks.

You call wear and tear fuzzy math? There you go again. Poo'ing all over the place. Give me some real world numbers that prove that you can drive 650 miles and not cause one cent of wear and tear on a car. You know you can't. You're a liar if you try.

You're a fool. A broke fool. One who claims that he has a $2.8 million business.

By the way ... what do you drive? I'm sorry ... I don't know why I asked that. The only answer I will get is some big lollapalooza of an answer ... like the villa at Puerto Vallarta. Or the $2.8 million business. Or the huge car repair shop. So ... you must drive a Bugatti. Yeah ... that's it .... and I use my Ferrari to go slummin'.... yeah ... that's it.

And you call me a blow hard? You're just a liar. You claim that you don't live in Windsor. That's just where your provider is. You know, you could have claimed that you live in one of the very expensive tracts in Windsor. But you are such a terrible liar that you missed that one.

Fact is, you live in a little house in the Detroit suburb of Windsor. You're so broke that you can't afford to spend an extra $5 to beat up somebody else's car.

A real money person understands savings. You have no clue. If you were truly the business person you claim to be, you would never drive your own car on a trip.

Here's a challenge for you ... oh mighty car person .... try looking up used car costs and see what the difference is in price between a car that has 50,000 miles on it and the same car that has 80,000 on it. Duh .... wear and tear is fuzzy math?

Take one of these ...

http://www.macrobusiness.com.au/wp-content/up...

Try not being so obsessed with me.

But I won't get you wrong .... I know you don't hate the Volt
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7691 Dec 9, 2013
Trying to get back to car facts .... sheeeeeesh ..... haters obsession with hatred .....
PG&E will use the Via Motor's vehicles (vehicles using the Voltec system) to back up entire streets in the event of a power outage.
From the link:
"In disaster response scenarios, says Plugin Cars, PG&E’s Via trucks would be much more than just backup power for a house–they could power a whole street. A plug-in truck with a 125 kilowatt generator would be able to supply enough power to hook it to a grid segment and power up a neighborhood."
http://www.viamotors.com/news/greenfleet/
Canada Dickhead Hair

United States

#7692 Dec 9, 2013
If a canadian buys a Volt will he become normal or still remain a canadian?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OP-COM 2012V/ VAUX-COM 120309a Free Download (Oct '15) 5 hr pisty10 28
News There Won't Be A Donald Trump Inaugural License... 12 hr Second Amendment ... 3
V11.00.017 Toyota TIS Techstream Free Download (Feb '16) Sun Jdail2002 13
2018 Ford F-150 - New grille, front, headlights... Jan 15 VanjaIbanez 1
2020 Ford Bronco Jan 15 VanjaIbanez 1
5 cylinder chevy colorado (May '07) Jan 14 Pierre 297
News Reuss: Ignition crisis was GM's change agent Jan 14 Solarman 1
More from around the web