Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11780 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7629 Nov 26, 2013
Root wrote:
Looks like you are letting love volt get the best of you. Friendly advice my son, get control of your emotions. Volt is number one and if Leaf takes finally takes that spot you can rejoice but the main thing now is to keep your composure. You were taught better.
He's flabbergasted. He can't stand facts. He owns a repair shop, but he didn't even know that planetary's have been around for thousands of years.

I just asked him what makes the Volt planetary so special. I didn't think he wouldn't be able to look it up. I even gave him the links with 2 big hints.

That's called "missing it".

This is his comeback.

"Your biggest failure in every controversy you face is that you somehow manage to manipulate your opponent's comments to suit your own convoluted logic."

I somehow manage to manipulate his comments? Truth can not be manipulated.

He didn't even know what a planetary was, let alone why the Volt planetary is the whole reason this forum exists.

I wish I had challenged him sooner.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7630 Nov 26, 2013
2014 VIA Chevy Silverado Plug-in Hybrid Pickup Debuts at the LA Auto Show

https://www.youtube.com/results...

Up to 40 electric miles on a charge /// a full sized pick up truck!

Voltec system. Patented. It's the planetary.

Go to 2:34. "it doesn't have a transmission anymore, it has a single speed gearbox."

The planetary is not a transmission. It is a power split. A place where 3 separate motors can come together to share torque.

What an amazing system. What an amazing truck.

Car topics. Let's try to keep it there. That's the next challenge to the hater.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7631 Nov 26, 2013
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7632 Nov 27, 2013
For LMV...

This bears repeating, because it's reality:

"Your biggest failure in every controversy you face is that you somehow manage to manipulate your opponent's comments to suit your own convoluted logic."

And having done so, then you work hard to justify imagined results by boasting prolifically that you've accomplished something.

We suggest to you LMV (aka"Mr. Wonderful"), that the only person who you may have convinced is yourself.

Be careful that your head doesn't over inflate in the same manner as your ego.
Hat size may become a problem.

Your actions remind me of a comment made by a well known philosopher who, when faced with an obvious blowhard, said "you are fast becoming a legend in your own mind"!!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7633 Nov 27, 2013
Son, be polite and civil. You're getting a bad reputation. Everyone knows you hate the number one Volt.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7635 Nov 27, 2013
Root wrote:
Son, be polite and civil. You're getting a bad reputation. Everyone knows you hate the number one Volt.
Re my reputation.
All things considered, there are really only a couple of individuals who comprise the review committee.
You, and maybe one other person---LuvmySelf.
I'm not too worried about your opinions, considering you two aren't exactly role models.

Re hating the Volt.
I don't. Q
"Hating" is your invention, not mine.
My only beef is that you two seem intent on shoving Volt down everybody's throat.

FWIW.
You and LuvmySelf tend to presume too often and far too much about others.
That doesn't do much for your reputation--which hasn't looked too good right from the git go anyway.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7636 Nov 27, 2013
Son, I don't care if you like the Volt or not. My concern is that you act in a polite and civil manner. Sometimes you seem very harsh toward the Volt and you complain about it being shoved in your throat but this is a Volt thread specifically in the Volt forum. No need to be a spoiler.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7637 Nov 27, 2013
Root wrote:
Son, I don't care if you like the Volt or not. My concern is that you act in a polite and civil manner. Sometimes you seem very harsh toward the Volt and you complain about it being shoved in your throat but this is a Volt thread specifically in the Volt forum. No need to be a spoiler.
Look who's talking about polite and civil!!
Practice what you preach before criticizing others.
Like I said, you and LuvmySelf are by no means role models for polite and civil.
It's like the Abbott and Costello show with you two gaming everybody all the time.
And yes, I agree it's a Volt forum.
Why don't you and LuvmySelf treat it accordingly, instead of insisting it's your own private "mutual admiration society", only open only to those who kneel at your altar of obedience and must receive your permission to be here.
And then there's the IP Spoofing---cheap, vulgar, and childish tricks to stifle anyone who doesn't play by your rules.
Polite and civil???
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7638 Nov 27, 2013
Yes son, you need to be polite and civil. Tho holidays are here for goodness sake. Be happy, thankful and rejoice.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7639 Nov 27, 2013
Root wrote:
Yes son, you need to be polite and civil. Tho holidays are here for goodness sake. Be happy, thankful and rejoice.
We will look to you and LuvmySelf to set an example.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7640 Nov 27, 2013
Many look up to me for leadership.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7641 Nov 27, 2013
Root wrote:
Many look up to me for leadership.
If you're intent was to set an example, that's a very poor start.
You'll have to do better than that if you expect change.

Q...How many Roots does it take to change a light bulb"?
A....Change???
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7642 Nov 27, 2013
About as many canucks it takes to start a Volt!
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7643 Nov 27, 2013
Root wrote:
About as many canucks it takes to start a Volt!
Wrong answer!
As I said....
"Change??"
Just not part of your DNA I guess.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7644 Nov 27, 2013
Change what?
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7645 Nov 27, 2013
Root wrote:
Change what?
You're the one wanting to change to civil and polite.
The most important first step is for you to admit to yourself that you must change.
And the way you're starting out doesn't look like you recognize that.
If you're unable to accept it's necessary, you will fail in the attempt.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7646 Nov 27, 2013
No need for change here. You are the one that must change. You must acknowledge that Volt has been the perennial sales leader since its debut.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7647 Nov 27, 2013
Root wrote:
No need for change here. You are the one that must change. You must acknowledge that Volt has been the perennial sales leader since its debut.
Me?
You're dreaming!
I've never said Volt wasn't a sales leader--ever!
Besides, your desire for change referred to "civil and polite", and said nothing about Volt sales.
Guess your wanting to change was just a false promise.
Figures!!!

“Dirty Canada”

Since: Oct 13

Richmond Hill, Canada

#7649 Nov 28, 2013
I'm having a chilled pumpkin spice cinnamon splasher and my sweetie is having a dirty martini. The Volt is on charge and we are curled up by the fire. It's so cold in Windsor tonight! Tuddles and I love you all. Tuddles!
Canada Vaginal Moisture

United States

#7650 Nov 30, 2013
If the Canada smells vaginal moisture he will become frightened and jump in his Volt to drive and get away fast.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FAQ OBDSTAR F100 Ford/Mazda key programmer 16 hr Janealen 4
Junk My Car, Auto Salvage, Cash for Cars, ... (Jan '12) 16 hr Janealen 28
Poll LINCOLN vs CADILLAC: Which is better??? (Jan '08) Thu Longrod van Hugen... 247
Types of Wheel Bearings Thu Andybaby 1
2001 GU Patrol (Y61) going into limp home mode,... Wed lanrce 1
Will there be another Toyota Supra in America o... Wed Suprarob 1
How to Replace Front Wheel Bearings in the Hub ... Jul 20 Andybaby 1
More from around the web