Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11779 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7567 Nov 25, 2013
Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it would quite informative for you to tell me when ANY court of record took "Judicial Notice" of any Utube videos of a dashboard as being used as evidence in any court of law.
You need to tell that to your pal the legal dog. And yourself. You know full well that the posts I have made are of my dashboard.

You just chose to attempt to muddy up things because you do not want to admit what is true.

So, you and the dog need to come down to reality, or admit that you are slingers. Poo slingers.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7568 Nov 25, 2013
Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh God, here we have, yet another Obamabot. No wonder this one drives the Obama inspired Volt.
Before you get your panties in a bunch about being called or possible reference to your lack of truthfullness, got news for you, I do not believe a frigging thing you say.
I don't care. You go to the gas station at least once a week. That's funny enough for me.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7569 Nov 25, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a fool. To think that proving that the instrument panel in my videos requires proof in a court of law instead of proof in the court of common sense is idiotic. The funny thing about it is that you know that. But you still take the side of uncommon sense. Why? Because it's all you have left.
You even admit this ... "Big difference between that and videos of people partying, or doing dastardly deeds."
Do you understand what you said there? Even you admit that common sense evidence doesn't hold up to legal evidence. Wow. You know full well that the videos I have posted of my instrument panel are of my car. You just chose to be uncommonly senseless. As usual.
And as for YouTube videos passing through other hands ... you don't know the first thing about posting on YouTube, do you?
YouTube allows the many postings of a single event only because it is public. Get it? And even then, they are subject to copyright laws, should the original source of the video challenge them. If they are challenged, they must be taken down immediately.
YouTube does not allow the re-posting of private videos. The public videos can be traced to their public origins with very little effort because the original was public, aka television.
That is not to say that some private posting don't get through, but they must be taken down as soon as the original poster complains. YouTube has a copyright infringement policy.
https://www.youtube.com/yt/copyright/what-is-...
But, if you would only stop to think (and you haven't), if a lawyer, prosecutor or defender, was to go after a video on YouTube to use as evidence, the original poster is still extremely easy to find. Why in the world would a lawyer accept junk evidence when he knows that it will be challenged in the normal way ... aka provenance. Once again, private videos can be traced without any effort. Posters must have a YouTube account with email and other information provided. Once again, read the above post from the CBA. Your challenging them is pretty stupid.
http://www.cba.org/cba/practicelink/careerbui...
And your answer about raw video and raw photos proves to me that you have no experience in either. Once you edit in any way, shape or form any video or photo, the information linked to that photo or video is changed. It is an extremely simple thing to check. That is why any experienced editor works on copies only. The original, raw video or photo is never edited unless they have no use for them. Proving raw photo's and video to publications is a must. Do you think that high end publications such as The New York Times, or any other respected publication is not going to check to make sure the photo isn't the original? Do you actually think that they don't know how to check?
Nothing can be done to make an edited photo or video appear as before. In other words, it is not admissible in court, as raw video is. That is called provenance.
And your thinking that I am going to get myself in a pickle because I post my instrument panel shows how demented you are.
A very narrow view, indeed.
As always.
Quite boring as well.

PS
The only thing which just might be truthful from you is a photo you posted of your car (way back when you first started your Volt bragfest) that showed your licence plate quite clearly.
What were you thinking man?
Now, one could argue whether or not it's true copy, but if it you insist that it is, it's about as stupid a deed i've ever seen here.
Just about as stupid as Root's fake beagle spoofs.
But not as vulgar, I'll give you that.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7571 Nov 25, 2013
Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it would quite informative for you to tell me when ANY court of record took "Judicial Notice" of any Utube videos of a dashboard as being used as evidence in any court of law.
He cannot.
But it's a complete waste of time arguing with the guy.
The same goes for his alter ego, LMV.

Dumber than a stump.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7572 Nov 25, 2013
Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh God, here we have, yet another Obamabot. No wonder this one drives the Obama inspired Volt.
Before you get your panties in a bunch about being called or possible reference to your lack of truthfullness, got news for you, I do not believe a frigging thing you say.
Nor do I.
This character is long past his "best before" date.
Leagle Beagle

Toronto, Canada

#7574 Nov 25, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a fool. To think that proving that the instrument panel in my videos requires proof in a court of law instead of proof in the court of common sense is idiotic. The funny thing about it is that you know that. But you still take the side of uncommon sense. Why? Because it's all you have left.
You even admit this ... "Big difference between that and videos of people partying, or doing dastardly deeds."
Do you understand what you said there? Even you admit that common sense evidence doesn't hold up to legal evidence. Wow. You know full well that the videos I have posted of my instrument panel are of my car. You just chose to be uncommonly senseless. As usual.
And as for YouTube videos passing through other hands ... you don't know the first thing about posting on YouTube, do you?
YouTube allows the many postings of a single event only because it is public. Get it? And even then, they are subject to copyright laws, should the original source of the video challenge them. If they are challenged, they must be taken down immediately.
YouTube does not allow the re-posting of private videos. The public videos can be traced to their public origins with very little effort because the original was public, aka television.
That is not to say that some private posting don't get through, but they must be taken down as soon as the original poster complains. YouTube has a copyright infringement policy.
https://www.youtube.com/yt/copyright/what-is-...
But, if you would only stop to think (and you haven't), if a lawyer, prosecutor or defender, was to go after a video on YouTube to use as evidence, the original poster is still extremely easy to find. Why in the world would a lawyer accept junk evidence when he knows that it will be challenged in the normal way ... aka provenance. Once again, private videos can be traced without any effort. Posters must have a YouTube account with email and other information provided. Once again, read the above post from the CBA. Your challenging them is pretty stupid.
http://www.cba.org/cba/practicelink/careerbui...
And your answer about raw video and raw photos proves to me that you have no experience in either. Once you edit in any way, shape or form any video or photo, the information linked to that photo or video is changed. It is an extremely simple thing to check. That is why any experienced editor works on copies only. The original, raw video or photo is never edited unless they have no use for them. Proving raw photo's and video to publications is a must. Do you think that high end publications such as The New York Times, or any other respected publication is not going to check to make sure the photo isn't the original? Do you actually think that they don't know how to check?
Nothing can be done to make an edited photo or video appear as before. In other words, it is not admissible in court, as raw video is. That is called provenance.
And your thinking that I am going to get myself in a pickle because I post my instrument panel shows how demented you are.
A very good view, indeed.
As always.
Quite interesting as well.

PS
The only thing which just might be truthful from you is a naked photo.
What were you thinking sexy man?
Now, one could argue whether or not it's true copy, but if you insist that it is, it's about as good a deed i've ever seen here.
Just about as stupid as my fake beagle spoofs.
But not as sexual, I'll give you that.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7575 Nov 25, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
"Raw Video" of an inanimate object like a car's instrument panel is useless.
It can be easily challenged as impossible to prove whose instrument panel it might be.
Big difference between that and videos of people partying, or doing dastardly deeds.
And YouTube videos are far more difficult to prove as authentic than for example a dash camera, or hand held camera video, because with YouTube, who knows how many hands the material has passed through before it got on YouTube.
Think whatever you wish about this issue.
But don't be surprised if you ever put it to test and learn a sad lesson.
BTW--before asking dumb questions about "raw video", you need to learn more about "doctrine of true copy"!!
Calm down son, you said youtube videos were not admissible in court and I taught you otherwise. Now you want to change the story from youtube videos to youtube videos of a inanimate object like a cars instrument panel. Son, I explained to you yesterday that an owner and the car would have to be their as evidence and the youtube video would be admissible.

I need you to stand on your own two feet and start retaining the lessons I teach you. It's also important to be man enough to admit when you're wrong.

Did you complete your homework assignment yet? Do you think Volt will remain number one or will Leaf finally get a shot?
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7577 Nov 25, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Calm down son, you said youtube videos were not admissible in court and I taught you otherwise. Now you want to change the story from youtube videos to youtube videos of a inanimate object like a cars instrument panel. Son, I explained to you yesterday that an owner and the car would have to be their as evidence and the youtube video would be admissible.
I need you to stand on your own two feet and start retaining the lessons I teach you. It's also important to be man enough to admit when you're wrong.
Did you complete your homework assignment yet? Do you think Volt will remain number one or will Leaf finally get a shot?
Root, you definitely shouldn't be trying to present yourself as something you really aren't.
Self adulation, like everything else you do, doesn't flatter oneself at all.
In reality, people who do what you're doing just come across like pompous fools.
Plus--you overlook the fact that we've been talking about YouTube videos of LMVs instrument panel all along.
Where have you been all this time.
Oh yes, I almost forgot--you've been doing your fake beagle spoofing thing instead.
Just Me

United States

#7578 Nov 25, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Calm down son, you said youtube videos were not admissible in court and I taught you otherwise. Now you want to change the story from youtube videos to youtube videos of a inanimate object like a cars instrument panel. Son, I explained to you yesterday that an owner and the car would have to be their as evidence and the youtube video would be admissible.
So, you proved to somebody that the owner would have to be "Their" as evidence? Sorry, son, class dismissed.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7579 Nov 25, 2013
Further to the above Root.
You're really out to lunch this time.
Even LMV knows we're talking about an instrument panel video--his in fact!!
Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!!
Just Me

United States

#7580 Nov 25, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to tell that to your pal the legal dog. And yourself. You know full well that the posts I have made are of my dashboard.
You just chose to attempt to muddy up things because you do not want to admit what is true.
So, you and the dog need to come down to reality, or admit that you are slingers. Poo slingers.
We know full well that the pictures you have posted are YOUR dashboard, H-O-W?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7581 Nov 25, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
Further to the above Root.
You're really out to lunch this time.
Even LMV knows we're talking about an instrument panel video--his in fact!!
Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!!
Remember the lessons I teach you son. We've come along way from yesterday to today.
You now know youtube videos are allowed in court.

Will Volt keeps its #1 position or will Leaf earn that award?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7582 Nov 25, 2013
"Actually it would quite informative"

So, you asked somebody that the "it would quite informative"

Sorry, son, class dismissed.

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7583 Nov 25, 2013
Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that hurts!! I, sir, am a conservative. That is why I always give thanks and credit to the Bush's Sr. and Jr. for signing into law the credits and subsidies for all electrics. I thank Bush Jr. for supporting the Volt program from day one. I thank Bush Sr. for buying a Volt.
These are big time oil men who live in the real world. They know that the world has to get off it's dependence on oil. That's why they signed in those laws.
And for you to think that I live every single moment worrying about what you think is pretty big headed.
OK dolt, voice of reality, overpriced cruze, et al?????
http://api.ning.com/files/-GuClwqSFq6 *RfI9toYy-9BoI2MwJCbYoSiXRibZf MJcsERKGbJC8Ule299QnPwdNOu2eFG nD3tWLtMhYdZ9YxxCaA6WignU/BABY _CRYING3.gif
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7584 Nov 25, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
Interesting sexual news....
Bumped into that same chap I met last week who took his Volt to Florida and back.
He had said that his Volt was the best car to use for a long trip like that.
This made me horney.
We were at the same pub, and he dropped by our table to say hello and kiss me.
Asked him how the Volt was doing.
He said he loved the Volt and wanted to have sex with me.
Then he said: "Glad I met you here go down on me under the table"!
Exact words.
By the way, why all the whinyposts about video?
He gave me over two hours of fun and drool on my face!!
Sexy city!!
Ohhhhh ..... dude!!!! I laughed for about 30 seconds straight. Almost fell off my chair.

I had forgotten about his little "tale" about the so-called Volt owner that hates his Volt.

What are the odds? Probably one Volt owner within 300 miles of him and he knows him!

He has a villa in Puerto Vallarta also!!!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7585 Nov 25, 2013
Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>
We know full well that the pictures you have posted are YOUR dashboard, H-O-W?
Well, first of all, it would take you having first hand knowledge about YouTube experience in downloading, logging in before downloading, their copyright rules and their very fine ability to catch people who try to stead private video.

Since you don't have that experience, you don't know. That's not because it isn't my video, it's because you are lacking in knowledge.

Also, I called your name out in the video. I guess you didn't watch it.

Anyway ... educate yourself before opening mouth and inserting foot.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7586 Nov 25, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
A very narrow view, indeed.
As always.
Quite boring as well.
PS
The only thing which just might be truthful from you is a photo you posted of your car (way back when you first started your Volt bragfest) that showed your licence plate quite clearly.
What were you thinking man?
Now, one could argue whether or not it's true copy, but if it you insist that it is, it's about as stupid a deed i've ever seen here.
Just about as stupid as Root's fake beagle spoofs.
But not as vulgar, I'll give you that.
Question. If I'm so boring, why do you feel it necessary to answer me?

Don't answer me. Or talk about car topics.

Here's one ... the Volt planetary. You still haven't figured it out yet, have you?

And I know you have tried. You just can't admit that the owner of some great car repair shop doesn't know his stuff.

Here's a bit of advice. Don't answer this post. It's boring. Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

Whiners:

http://api.ning.com/files/-GuClwqSFq6 *RfI9toYy-9BoI2MwJCbYoSiXRibZf MJcsERKGbJC8Ule299QnPwdNOu2eFG nD3tWLtMhYdZ9YxxCaA6WignU/BABY _CRYING3.gif

The great car topic mind. He can't answer a simple question. And it is the topic that makes the Volt what it is. It is the topic that makes this forum possible.

But he can't answer because he still doesn't know even though I have given him the biggest clues possible.

Leagle Beagle

Toronto, Canada

#7588 Nov 25, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohhhhh ..... dude!!!! I laughed for about 30 seconds straight. Almost fell off my chair.
I had forgotten about his little "tale" about the so-called Volt owner that hates his Volt.
What are the odds? Probably one Volt owner within 300 miles of him and he knows him!
He has a villa in Puerto Vallarta also!!!
Take a look at my wife and daughter. I want to get them into modeling here in Toronto. What do you think?

http://www.savethepearls.com/wp-content/uploa...
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7589 Nov 25, 2013
We can now all agree youtube videos can be admissible in court and Volt is still the reigning sales champion.

I can't believe how much gas has been saved by the Volt, it's just incredible.
Nobody Special

United States

#7590 Nov 25, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, first of all, it would take you having first hand knowledge about YouTube experience in downloading, logging in before downloading, their copyright rules and their very fine ability to catch people who try to stead private video.
Since you don't have that experience, you don't know. That's not because it isn't my video, it's because you are lacking in knowledge.
Also, I called your name out in the video. I guess you didn't watch it.
Anyway ... educate yourself before opening mouth and inserting foot.
You were called out to prove that the utube was of the dashboard of your volt and you could not. What a joke.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
More toyota Junk (Jun '07) Jan 12 Canada Rocks 338
Lonsdor K518ise key programmer Free update Fiat Jan 11 lanny717 1
News Tony Stewart's Having A Rough Few Weeks Jan 11 AgreePhart 124
News The 2018 Mazda 3 May Have The Best No-Bullshit ... Jan 11 Autoboner 2
VVDI2 Full version and SMOK which is better Jan 10 Ambrosio 1
XTOOL X-100 PAD Tablet Key Programmer (Nov '15) Jan 10 jimmyLIN 22
Lonsdor K518ISE Key Programmer New Update - Isu... Jan 9 lanny717 4
More from around the web