Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11770 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7542 Nov 24, 2013
Root wrote:
They are admissible. Here, I have another one..
Beagle dog - Root is picking on me and I read on the internet and I think it's called spoofing!
Judge - Pooh, bring forth evidence.
Beagle dog - I can't because it will give away my trick. Umm and you have to believe me like because I said so.
Judge - You say you put out links with benign cookies. Bring those links forward.
Beagle dog - Well see judge that's the funny thing, I can't. But it's true like really really true umm!
Judge - you shall now bring forth an IP.
Dog - well the strangest thing is I can't but I know it was him and umm you have to believe me.
Judge - Root claims you have a long track record of blaming people for being someone they aren't. He says you moan and whine about it but you're always wrong. Is this true?
Dog - umm well ah kinda. But I know. And umm like I hate this Volt car and like umn it's cold outside and ah you have to believe me umm they make fun of me and Canada.
Judge - where did you study law pooh?
Dog - Pt Barnum and Carson's late night on line academy.
Judge - Son, you have dirty hands and no proof. Case dismissed.
Dog walks out with his tail between his legs.. a whimper can be heard as he stops to clean the pooh from his bottom. The court room feels sorry but pooh lied .
Reads like something out of a grade three "show and tell" theatrical.
Guess when one considers the source, it doesn't surprise.
Good entertainment though.
Well, maybe not.

More user friendly than his vulgar spoofing, perhaps.
Pete

Grandville, MI

#7545 Nov 24, 2013
Root wrote:
They do qualify and are admissible. This is where you go wrong so often. You believe everything you read on the internet.
Judge - Where did you get that information Pooh
Beagle dog - I got it from the internet!
Laugh
Wifey says:
BM will never fix their products to achieve Toyota and Honda level reliability and durability...

because they are only in existence being on the taxpayers dime.

Too Funny.
Pete

Grandville, MI

#7546 Nov 24, 2013
Wifey says:
BM will never fix their products to achieve Toyota and Honda level reliability and durability...

because they are only in existence being on the taxpayers dime.

Too Funny.
That's very true...

Nor can the D3 ever match their quality.

Too Funny.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7547 Nov 24, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Reads like something out of a grade three "show and tell" theatrical.
Guess when one considers the source, it doesn't surprise.
Good entertainment though.
Well, maybe not.
More user friendly than his vulgar spoofing, perhaps.
And it was very accurate. Did you figure out that youtube videos are admissible in court yet?
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7548 Nov 25, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>And it was very accurate. Did you figure out that youtube videos are admissible in court yet?
Accurate?
Not at all.
Childish perhaps, but accurate?
By definition, posts by a notorious IP Spoofing ex spurt aren't credible.
Prevaricators like you can never be trusted to be truthful.
Have you checked out Quicklaw yet??
It's the universal bible on matters of law.
Don't even think about contradicting it.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7549 Nov 25, 2013
What Is Lexis/Nexis Quicklaw International?

All the Canadian content available in LexisNexis Quicklaw Full Service, plus...
U.S. federal and state case law, statutes and regulations and the Shepard’s® Citations Service for easy tracing of case histories.
The full collection of U.K. primary law, including the All England Law Reports and The Law Reports, the CaseSearch citator and Halsbury’s® Is It in Force?, covering the roots of common law principles.

Irrefutable!!!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7550 Nov 25, 2013
Very aware of what it is my son. The problem is your interpretation of law. You were so sure you found something on the internet again, you still don't know youtube videos are admissible in court.

I bet you know Volt is number one though.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7551 Nov 25, 2013
Root wrote:
Very aware of what it is my son. The problem is your interpretation of law. You were so sure you found something on the internet again, you still don't know youtube videos are admissible in court.
I bet you know Volt is number one though.
Quicklaw isn't "something you just find on the internet". Best do your homework on that score.
It's a web accessible database which requires a paid subscription---and we have one.
Its annual subscription is paid by Cdn. Govt.--one of my part time functions is as a hearing officer for a Govt. tribunal and Quicklaw is part of the deal, and it's used often.

Social Media videos of the type we're discussing---of a car's instrument panel---would't be admitted in evidence.
No way to be authenticated, too easy to mislead, and in spite of LMV's cockamamy theories, they can be edited.
Courts are very cautious about Social Media videos in general. You certainly won't find any instances or precedents where inanimate shot like a car's IPanel are admitted.
Circumstances are very very limited where they would even be considered, and in every case, corroborative evidence is also required.

Now, you can continue in denial if you choose.
I've made my case, and it's the real deal.
We're done with this as far as I'm concerned--it's not worth spending any more time on.

The important business by far here these days lies squarely in your court Root.
What are you going to do about your IP Spoofing charades and all its vulgarity?
Is this juvenile nonsense you've been foisting on this site ever going to stop?
The most serious detriment to civil discourse in these forums is your persistent IP Spoofing nonsense.
Please give this some serious consideration.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7552 Nov 25, 2013
Oh I'm perfectly aware of what it is my son. After further reading you have now figured out youtube videos are admissible in court. This is a good thing.

I bet you also know Volt is number one. Your new homework assignment will be to run the numbers and make an educated statement on wether or not you believe the Leaf will take that title this year.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7553 Nov 25, 2013
Root wrote:
Oh I'm perfectly aware of what it is my son. After further reading you have now figured out youtube videos are admissible in court. This is a good thing.
I bet you also know Volt is number one. Your new homework assignment will be to run the numbers and make an educated statement on wether or not you believe the Leaf will take that title this year.
Root, dream on!
You're arguing a lost cause.
Give it up.

You really need to give some attention to your IP Spoofing antics.
They are the most serious detriment to civil discourse here.
And yet you carry on with this screwball idea that social media videos are the prime concern in your life.

Tell you what, go take a video of your car's instrument panel, take the video to a judge, and ask him to accept it as evidence of anything belonging to you.
He'll tell you it's a nice video of a car's instrument panel, but how would he know it's yours!
I rest my case.
Over Priced Cruze

Florham Park, NJ

#7554 Nov 25, 2013
Just read that the Obama welfare Mobile's sales continue to be pathetic. Just how much welfare will it take to convince people to purchase one of these gadgets?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7555 Nov 25, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Root, dream on!
You're arguing a lost cause.
Give it up.
You really need to give some attention to your IP Spoofing antics.
They are the most serious detriment to civil discourse here.
And yet you carry on with this screwball idea that social media videos are the prime concern in your life.
Tell you what, go take a video of your car's instrument panel, take the video to a judge, and ask him to accept it as evidence of anything belonging to you.
He'll tell you it's a nice video of a car's instrument panel, but how would he know it's yours!
I rest my case.
Well my son, this was discussed yesterday before you learned youtube videos were admissible in court. Look up and you will find it.

Now that you admit youtube videos are admissible in court, I want you to run those sales numbers and find out if you think Volt will retain its number status or could this be the year for Leaf.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7556 Nov 25, 2013
This article is from the Colorado bar association.

From the link:

"YouTube videos showing a divorced custodial parent partying and doing drugs. In other instances, companies or the lawyers they retain may actively search for such materials, and act upon them once they have been found online."

"Despite the novelty and challenges of online evidence, litigators need to stay focused on standard rules of provenance and authentication when dealing with it. By dotting your i’s and crossing your t’s, the online evidence you gather can be as legally decisive as you want it to be. But be sloppy, and your online evidence could be dismissed as contaminated hearsay, leading to a judicial outcome that neither you nor your client will welcome."

http://www.cba.org/cba/practicelink/careerbui...

The only problems with social media evidence is provenance. That is the same with all evidence in court. Anybody who knows what raw means in the video and photo world knows that this is allowable evidence. Experienced technicians know what is real and what isn't.

It always has been allowable, even before the Internet came along. Somebody posting a YouTube video showing someone breaking the law can be be tracked down extremely easily and have their video subpoenaed. They risk jail time should they not comply. Just like any other refusal to a subpoena.

Get it? STANDARD RULES OF PROVINANCE AND AUTHENTICATION. 

Do you know what raw video means? The "Legal" dog apparently doesn't.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7557 Nov 25, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
This article is from the Colorado bar association.
From the link:
"YouTube videos showing a divorced custodial parent partying and doing drugs. In other instances, companies or the lawyers they retain may actively search for such materials, and act upon them once they have been found online."
"Despite the novelty and challenges of online evidence, litigators need to stay focused on standard rules of provenance and authentication when dealing with it. By dotting your i’s and crossing your t’s, the online evidence you gather can be as legally decisive as you want it to be. But be sloppy, and your online evidence could be dismissed as contaminated hearsay, leading to a judicial outcome that neither you nor your client will welcome."
http://www.cba.org/cba/practicelink/careerbui...
The only problems with social media evidence is provenance. That is the same with all evidence in court. Anybody who knows what raw means in the video and photo world knows that this is allowable evidence. Experienced technicians know what is real and what isn't.
It always has been allowable, even before the Internet came along. Somebody posting a YouTube video showing someone breaking the law can be be tracked down extremely easily and have their video subpoenaed. They risk jail time should they not comply. Just like any other refusal to a subpoena.
Get it? STANDARD RULES OF PROVINANCE AND AUTHENTICATION. 
Do you know what raw video means? The "Legal" dog apparently doesn't.
"Raw Video" of an inanimate object like a car's instrument panel is useless.
It can be easily challenged as impossible to prove whose instrument panel it might be.
Big difference between that and videos of people partying, or doing dastardly deeds.
And YouTube videos are far more difficult to prove as authentic than for example a dash camera, or hand held camera video, because with YouTube, who knows how many hands the material has passed through before it got on YouTube.
Think whatever you wish about this issue.
But don't be surprised if you ever put it to test and learn a sad lesson.

BTW--before asking dumb questions about "raw video", you need to learn more about "doctrine of true copy"!!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7558 Nov 25, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
LMV blathers on about oil--but he claims he doesn't use any.
Therefore, LMV is driving on roads that oil users pay road tax to support.
Every gallon of gasoline pumped in the US is taxed for road infrastructure support.
LMV pays nothing--nil--nada!!
And brags about it.
So who is the freeloader now LMV??
Now we know how he got his three bathrooms.
PS--Shale oil by fracking anyone??
Is this what I've whittled you down to? You are becoming a repeater, just like the other two repeaters on this forum. They post a couple hundred times a year but only say 4 or 5 things.

I noticed you didn't touch my post about Canada importing 40% of their oil after you claimed that Canada was import free.

So I pay taxes for that $50 billion to protect Canadian imports while you don't pay one red cent for infrastructure in the USA. So, take the high ground if you want, but the fact is ... I pay taxes for your benefit and you pay none for mine.

You totally ignore subject matter I post that you know you can't answer. Like .... the Volt planetary.

I'm still waiting for you to tell me the difference between the Volt and Prius planetary. I already gave you all the hints I can without spelling it out for you in plain english.

One more time ... stick to cars. The question is still in your court.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7559 Nov 25, 2013
And before you go knocking fracking ...(and believe be, I don't like it, that is why I don't use it)... go study up on oil sands. It is the number one cause of pollution among the different ways of extracting oil.

http://forestethics.org/toxic-tar-sands-video...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/alberta-lakes...
Leagle Beagle

Toronto, Canada

#7560 Nov 25, 2013
How dare you question my word. You call me jackoff of all trades. I am going to summon the Queen and the dogs of war. I will put stilettos on my wife and strap a beignet to her erect-dick and attack you. She will make you hard while you watch her stick it up my tail and you will enjoy it!!! I rest my case. Learn something!!
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7561 Nov 25, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
How dare you question my word. You call me jackoff of all trades. I am going to summon the Queen and the dogs of war. I will put stilettos on my wife and strap a beignet to her erect-dick and attack you. She will make you hard while you watch her stick it up my tail and you will enjoy it!!! I rest my case. Learn something!!
Fake Beagle--aka Root--strikes again.
Better find a darn good psychiatrist--quick!
Your vulgarity is becoming an obsession.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7562 Nov 25, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this what I've whittled you down to? You are becoming a repeater, just like the other two repeaters on this forum. They post a couple hundred times a year but only say 4 or 5 things.
I noticed you didn't touch my post about Canada importing 40% of their oil after you claimed that Canada was import free.
So I pay taxes for that $50 billion to protect Canadian imports while you don't pay one red cent for infrastructure in the USA. So, take the high ground if you want, but the fact is ... I pay taxes for your benefit and you pay none for mine.
You totally ignore subject matter I post that you know you can't answer. Like .... the Volt planetary.
I'm still waiting for you to tell me the difference between the Volt and Prius planetary. I already gave you all the hints I can without spelling it out for you in plain english.
One more time ... stick to cars. The question is still in your court.
At first I considered your posts informative.
Then I started laughing at them--your reactions were so ludicrous.
Now they almost put me to sleep--same old, same old.
Monotonous and boring.
Just Me

United States

#7563 Nov 25, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Well my son, this was discussed yesterday before you learned youtube videos were admissible in court. Look up and you will find it.
Now that you admit youtube videos are admissible in court, I want you to run those sales numbers and find out if you think Volt will retain its number status or could this be the year for Leaf.
Actually it would quite informative for you to tell me when ANY court of record took "Judicial Notice" of any Utube videos of a dashboard as being used as evidence in any court of law.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Autel Maxidas DS808 Auto Diangostic Tool Auto U... 8 hr car-diagnostic-tool 1
carprog clone version, how it work? (Jan '16) Sun Thorek92 4
News Should You Buy a New Harley Davidson (Nov '07) Sat CTguy1955 559
Mercedes GLK X204 2014 all keys lost VVDI progr... Feb 24 Ambrosio 1
Ford F150 vs Toyota Tundra - Frame Strength (Jan '08) Feb 24 Well informed 14
Launch X431 V 8inch Tablet Full System Diagnost... Feb 23 lalaura 2
El-50448 Auto TPMS Activation Tool $44.99 fo... Feb 23 lalaura 2
More from around the web