Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: JJFADS | Full story: taintedgreen.com

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Comments
6,801 - 6,820 of 9,208 Comments Last updated 15 hrs ago
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

IluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the matter? Can't stand your own medicine? Do you want me to go back 50 pages again and point out the number of hateful, spiteful crap you put out? You expect me to let you call my son a liar and then not call you out on it?
Once again, try talking about cars. You've been asked numerous times. I'm not asking you anymore. Every negative post in the future will get you back two.
If you don't like it, then you need to stop. I notice that you never reply to any of the car comments I have made. And I've made a few in the past few pages. You just love to instigate. Go back, read my posts on cars and let's stay on that subject.
Otherwise, quit crying.
"Called your son a liar??"
I've never mentioned your son--ever!
You're dreaming.

"hateful spiteful crap??"
Please, by all means, quote those posts. I would really like to see what you call "hateful and spiteful"!!
I honestly think you consider a remark as innocuous as "I disagree" spiteful and hateful.
And I'll be surprised in you can find anything more "hateful and spiteful" than what for example, you posted on the previous page about yours truly, Canada and Canadians, our area, etc.
You ain't lily white when it comes to "hateful and spiteful" my friend,

"Off topic??" Only one comment---please take a hard look at your own posting track record. You've spent many, many hours posting non auto related acrimonious rhetoric against others who you think are " doin' you wrong".
Can't have it both ways, friend!!

Point being, you just can't handle pushback, and you're over reacting to literally everyone who contradicts you.
Relax and enjoy yourself. This stuff is just entertainment, nothing more. There are lots more important things in life than declaring war on those you insist are "doin' you wrong". All you're doing is getting yourself in a continuous snit over nothing of any importance.

Take a chill pill pal.
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
"Called your son a liar??"
I've never mentioned your son--ever!
You're dreaming.
"hateful spiteful crap??"
Please, by all means, quote those posts. I would really like to see what you call "hateful and spiteful"!!
I honestly think you consider a remark as innocuous as "I disagree" spiteful and hateful.
And I'll be surprised in you can find anything more "hateful and spiteful" than what for example, you posted on the previous page about yours truly, Canada and Canadians, our area, etc.
You ain't lily white when it comes to "hateful and spiteful" my friend,
"Off topic??" Only one comment---please take a hard look at your own posting track record. You've spent many, many hours posting non auto related acrimonious rhetoric against others who you think are " doin' you wrong".
Can't have it both ways, friend!!
Point being, you just can't handle pushback, and you're over reacting to literally everyone who contradicts you.
Relax and enjoy yourself. This stuff is just entertainment, nothing more. There are lots more important things in life than declaring war on those you insist are "doin' you wrong". All you're doing is getting yourself in a continuous snit over nothing of any importance.
Take a chill pill pal.
You called my son's claims of gas savings "so called". That's calling someone a liar. So shut up and take it like a man or quit casting aspersions at people. You call calling people bozos, liars, idiots "nothing of any importance".

Once again, go back and read my posts about cars. Try the one about the Volt's planetary. It is the main reason why the Volt is considered the best car out there by the brilliant engineers at BMW.

Read that post and then come back to me with something of intelligence. Pretending to be intelligent by using fancy words while cutting people down only makes you a jerk with a dictionary.

Once again, shut up, drop it, talk to me about my car posts. You can't. You have only posted one topical post in the past few pages. It's not in your blood.
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

Once again, these are your posts. Not mine. 

Bozo. Twisted. Causing us damage. Delusions of grandeur (I was off for three months, and look what happened--the thread almost disappeared."). Wacko. Gr uesome twosome. All within two paragraphs. 

This is what you call having fun and of little importance. You are either a total liar, or you truly need to see a doctor about short term memory loss.

Page 318, comment 6932.

"Talk about a personality issue--this bozo is really twisted.
If you want my advice, the most damage we can do to people like this is to just walk away from these threads.
I was off for three months, and look what happened--the thread almost disappeared."

Post 6943

"wacko! Trust me--leave this forum for 10 days, and watch what happens!
It'll just fade away from it's own weight of BS.
The only post will be the gruesome twosome talking to each other ( and themselves!)"

http://www.topix.com/forum/autos/chevrolet-vo ... 

Read the above with open eyes. This is why people who are trying to keep this a car topic forum can't stand you.

Talk about having a snit.
Bearded Canada Prick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

Don't trust the bearded Canadian muslim. He is hateful and full of spite and lives in the Detroit ghetto of windsor.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

Bearded Canada Prick wrote:
Don't trust the bearded Canadian muslim. He is hateful and full of spite and lives in the Detroit ghetto of windsor.
Wow. 33 gas car fires per hour. 24 hours a day. That's 792 gas car fires per day.. Every day. That's 289,000 gas car fires per year. 365 deaths in gas car fires per year.

It kind of shocked me to find out that 18% of all reported fires are car fires. That's one of the reasons I keep my tank down to 1 gallon. Although, the Volt is one of the safest cars on the road if you are going to be in an accident.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

IluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
You called my son's claims of gas savings "so called". That's calling someone a liar. So shut up and take it like a man or quit casting aspersions at people. You call calling people bozos, liars, idiots "nothing of any importance".
Once again, go back and read my posts about cars. Try the one about the Volt's planetary. It is the main reason why the Volt is considered the best car out there by the brilliant engineers at BMW.
Read that post and then come back to me with something of intelligence. Pretending to be intelligent by using fancy words while cutting people down only makes you a jerk with a dictionary.
Once again, shut up, drop it, talk to me about my car posts. You can't. You have only posted one topical post in the past few pages. It's not in your blood.
Big difference between expressing skepticism, ie, "so called", versus calling someone a "liar".
I've never used the word, period.
You, on the other hand, make frequent use of the expression.
Pot and kettle syndrome?

"Bozos" isn't a hateful expression, neither is "nothing of any importance".
If you claim those expressions as "hateful", then you are indeed far too sensitive, and taking things way too seriously.
If you deem my posts as "hateful", then how would you describe some of the things you've said about me, my country., my fellow Canadians, etc.
Those remarks were pretty vengeful and really nasty, doncha think?
Again--pot and kettle syndrome?

Take my advice, loosen up.
There's nothing going on here that' gonna hurt you.
Enjoy-- it's just entertainment!

“Open and Free”

Since: Oct 13

Markham, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

I am a liar and get carried away but I love you and I love the Volt.
Just Me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. 33 gas car fires per hour. 24 hours a day. That's 792 gas car fires per day.. Every day. That's 289,000 gas car fires per year. 365 deaths in gas car fires per year.
It kind of shocked me to find out that 18% of all reported fires are car fires. That's one of the reasons I keep my tank down to 1 gallon. Although, the Volt is one of the safest cars on the road if you are going to be in an accident.
Then, Sir, you are an idiot. Everybody understands that a full gas tank can lead to a fire and an empty or mostly empty gas tank leads to an explosion. It is the fumes associated with the gas that is the most highly explosive.
Just Me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

IluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually calling your son's claims to his gas savings is not calling him a liar it is calling the statement undocumented and non verifiable. Any statement that is attempted to be used like that in a court of law is called hearsay and can not be used because of the lack of ability to verify.

I could make the claim that my son got 50MPG in his Roush Mustang and neither you or I would be able to document the fact that it was or was not true. Perhaps you need to grow some thicker skin when it comes to replies of people casting doubts on your third party claims.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Big difference between expressing skepticism, ie, "so called", versus calling someone a "liar".
I've never used the word, period.
It’s funny you decided to use the “period” after your latest lie. Did you learn that from the liar and cheat Obama?
Here is an example of your using and calling someone a liar, and a cheat (with a period).

http://www.topix.com/forum/autos/TH3BHR6DJMOL...

Unlike you I don’t have to lie and call people names. I just post the link.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually calling your son's claims to his gas savings is not calling him a liar it is calling the statement undocumented and non verifiable. Any statement that is attempted to be used like that in a court of law is called hearsay and can not be used because of the lack of ability to verify.
I could make the claim that my son got 50MPG in his Roush Mustang and neither you or I would be able to document the fact that it was or was not true. Perhaps you need to grow some thicker skin when it comes to replies of people casting doubts on your third party claims.
If we could only go back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Then, Sir, you are an idiot. Everybody understands that a full gas tank can lead to a fire and an empty or mostly empty gas tank leads to an explosion. It is the fumes associated with the gas that is the most highly explosive.
Then sir, you are the bigger idiot. He didn't say anything about an explosion, only fire and we all know adding more fuel to the fire will make it bigger.

But post away on the Volt thread, this is good press!

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

I warned the resident Canadian he was rapidly becoming irrelevant. Now he has been reduced to something worse.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

Root wrote:
<quoted text>It’s funny you decided to use the “period” after your latest lie. Did you learn that from the liar and cheat Obama?
Here is an example of your using and calling someone a liar, and a cheat (with a period).
http://www.topix.com/forum/autos/TH3BHR6DJMOL...
Unlike you I don’t have to lie and call people names. I just post the link.
Methinks you doth presume too much.
Where is the "lie"?
Where is the word "liar".
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

JJFADS wrote:
I warned the resident Canadian he was rapidly becoming irrelevant. Now he has been reduced to something worse.
Obviously you've got more than one person here claiming to be a Canadian and calling hisself "lLeagle Beagle".
Now which one are you talking about?

All I'm doing is having a little harmless fun.
What's wrong with that?
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Methinks you doth presume too much.
Where is the "lie"?
Where is the word "liar".
Lol and I think you're playing games, I even gave you a link.
Let me slow it down for you and give your actual quote
“You are a liar and a cheat my friend. Give someone enough rope.......!”

Not only did you tell a lie, your whole post was a package of lies. Worst part is, you don’t even want to admit it.
Canada Bearded Vaginas

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

Dont trust the canada. He is hateful and spiteful and steals money from women and children.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

Root wrote:
<quoted text>Lol and I think you're playing games, I even gave you a link.
Let me slow it down for you and give your actual quote
“You are a liar and a cheat my friend. Give someone enough rope.......!”
Not only did you tell a lie, your whole post was a package of lies. Worst part is, you don’t even want to admit it.
You are right!!!
I must admit, now that I see the exact post you were referring to in your link, that I did use the words "liar" and "cheat"..........onc e. That's a very rare ocurrence though.
You will have to look long and hard though, to find any more of my uses of those words.
You see, I would only do that when it's very clear the person I describe truly deserves to be called as such.
In this case, it was you Root, who was truly deserving of the descriptor.
Unfortunately, these forums ar literally awash with instances where you have lied and cheated.

Now, it's about the "lie" you refer to.
Where is that?
Please explain.
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>
You should study before you call people idiots. First of all, the tank in the Volt is much stronger than standard gas tanks. It is also made of stainless steel. It is also pressurized. This keeps moisture out and doesn't allow for fumes to build up.

There have been several Volts demolished to the point that you could not recognize the car. Not one fire or fatality.

Search first. This keeps the foot from being inserted.
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference between you and I is that I posted a video showing my sons odometer at 12,000 + miles and the computer only showing 15 gallons of gas used. That is called documentation. Taking it to the next step and calling that documented video "edited" is calling my son a liar.

Tell you what. Take a video of your son in his mustang with a full tank of gas while driving 100 miles without the gauge going down one bit. You can't. You can't mess with the odometer. You can't alter the video. I have been editing videos for 25 years. Altering sound, length, lighting is one thing. Altering content is quite the other.

And please, poo poo, don't go there again about videos not being legal documentation. I already told you once that it takes thousands of dollars in computer and software power to do to video what you can do to a still picture.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Autos Forum right now

Search the Autos Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
First Coast Gears: 'The Judge' proudly holds court Tue Mike and Wanda 1
LINCOLN vs CADILLAC: Which is better??? (Jan '08) Tue CADDYJP4 241
Court favors disclosing anti-gay marriage donors Tue Wondering 1,692
Mexico's auto industry looks to luxury cars Tue Concerned 4
Gingrich warns GOP to not be the 'anti' party Tue Go Blue Forever 28
Arizona to get unaccompanied immigrant youths Jul 21 shakey 37
radio code for 2002 honda odyssey (Mar '12) Jul 18 shin 7
•••

Buy a New Car