Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11770 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Canada Crack Head

United States

#7399 Nov 20, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
This is interesting. Just watched the national news. They had a piece on Tesla.
It was pointed out that there has been 1 fire for every 6,300 Tesla S models sold. Much higher if you include the Roadster.
Every year, there is 1 fire for every 1,450 gasoline cars.
Wow!! I guess one man's safe car is another's fire trap.
It is being argued around the net that Tesla has just begun selling cars, so their rate will go much higher. Not so. Once they fix the design flaw, they will have no more fires.
But that argument could also be thrown at gasoline cars. Except the other way around. One could argue that gasoline cars have had over 100 years to be designed to not catch on fire. So I guess that makes them look pretty unsafe.
And by the way ... the design flaw for the S is that they placed the battery in such a way that they could do a quick change out thus allowing them to make a line of change out stations. They can change out one of their batteries in less than a minute.
I think they are going to have to re-think that.
Tesla's quick battery swap.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =5VH4JloWFEIXX
Musk should stfu. He brings more attention to the S problems everytime he tweets.

“Dirty Canada”

Since: Oct 13

Richmond Hill, Canada

#7400 Nov 20, 2013
Canada Crack Head wrote:
<quoted text>Musk should stfu. He brings more attention to the S problems everytime he tweets.
I like the Tesla.

I love you.
Pete

Livonia, MI

#7401 Nov 20, 2013
Root wrote:
You are supposed to be here, without you we don't have any comedy. Personally I liked the ip hidibg software story better. But hey, this one shows your creative side.
Sadly you're still off the topic though. Hint... alternative fuel vehicles, Volt, prius, tesla ect.
Oh let's talk facts only here...

BM is selling less than one Obamamobile per Chevy dealership per month.

Too Funny.
Pete

Livonia, MI

#7402 Nov 20, 2013
Oh let's talk facts only here...

BM is selling less than one Obamamobile per Chevy dealership per month.

Too Funny.
Wifey says:
That''s very true...

remember and he's promised to buy one in three more years!

Too Funny.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7403 Nov 20, 2013
Canada Crack Head wrote:
<quoted text>Musk should stfu. He brings more attention to the S problems everytime he tweets.
I will explain more about Tesla later, busy now.
Pete

Livonia, MI

#7404 Nov 20, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>I will explain more about Tesla later, busy now.
Wifey says:
What's to explain...

they are both known fire traps.
Pete

Livonia, MI

#7405 Nov 20, 2013
Wifey says:
What's to explain...

Too Funny.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7406 Nov 20, 2013
Canada Crack Head wrote:
Tesla has a software program that lowers the car at highway speeds. They will need to flash these cars and do away with that option. Second, they need to reinforce the battery housing. It's not strong enough for the application.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7407 Nov 20, 2013
Tesla has sold over 20,000 cars.
Three fires have resulted from collisions with large objects on the roadway.
The good news is it's a very small number and there have been no injuries in any of the three incidents.
The bad news is that the fires were widely publicised.
This has caused potential electric car buyers to hesitate because of a fear that fires can happen in "electric" cars in general.
It's given all EVs a stigma.
Leagle Beagle

Toronto, Canada

#7408 Nov 20, 2013
I have a foam finger and I can lick anybody my size. My tongue is constantly unfurled like the hose Bruce Willis used to go between floors on Die Hard. If anybody buys a Volt I will offer a free slurpee from my wife the chick with adick.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7409 Nov 20, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Wifey says:
What's to explain...
Once again, you honor us with your presence. Once again, you are ignoring facts. You know, that doesn't make you smart, it just makes you repetitive.

Once again, petey, this was reported on national news.

"This is interesting. Just watched the national news. They had a piece on Tesla.

It was pointed out that there has been 1 fire for every 6,300 Tesla S models sold. Much higher if you include the Roadster.

Every year, there is 1 fire for every 1,450 gasoline cars."

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/...

OK ... I know you are going to pretend like you never saw that. That's OK. At least you have one fan in this world ... your wife. I can just hear her now .... "whatever".
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7410 Nov 20, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Good story, you should have been a fiction writer.
To be perfectly honest, I normally only read a couple of sentences into his diatribes. Having read your response, I had to read his story. Don't you remember that he told us that he owns a $2.8 million business?

Now, he has two businesses. He never mentioned the other business before. Apparently, he is expanding,(his mind). I'm pretty sure he forgot that he only mentioned one business before.

When stories don't click ... well ... you know.

Of course, he doesn't live in a Detroit suburb, Windsor is only where his server is. Sure!!!!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7411 Nov 20, 2013
Canada Crack Head wrote:
Telling a self made billionaire how to run his business is not in my playbook.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7412 Nov 20, 2013
Now, if I had tons of money to throw away,(or as Jay Leno calls it ... the "more money than brains club"), this is what I would get. I fell in love with the GTM Supercar the first time I saw one at a Corvette club show. It is a street legal race car from Factory Five.

First video: A GTM eating up Ferrari's at a Ferrari Club event. Not bad for a car the owner put together himself. I love what this guy does at 2:30. He gave the snale of a Mustang ahead of him a heads up by just stepping on the gas pedal twice very quickly. I'm sure the guy in the Mustang heard him. He then flys by the Mustang and the Ferrari like they are standing still.

And by the way, this is a sub 500 hp GTM. There is now a 1,000 hp motor available for this car.

The Heatco 1,000 hp GTM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

A very cool GTM

Go to 35 seconds to listen to this car. Sounds like a lion roaring.

GTM at a Corvette show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7413 Nov 21, 2013
Root wrote:
You are supposed to be here, without you we don't have any comedy. Personally I liked the ip hidibg software story better. But hey, this one shows your creative side.
Sadly you're still off the topic though. Hint... alternative fuel vehicles, Volt, prius, tesla ect.
In the very next post, he calls your challenging him to stay on topic ...

"Naughty, naughty Root.
You're reverting back to your old cynical ways--mugwumping your way to infamy."

Trying to stay on topic is cynical? I often wonder if there is a connection between his brain and his fingers. When you take a close look at it, you realize that it's just more smoke ... AKA poo.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7414 Nov 21, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
To be perfectly honest, I normally only read a couple of sentences into his diatribes. Having read your response, I had to read his story. Don't you remember that he told us that he owns a $2.8 million business?
Now, he has two businesses. He never mentioned the other business before. Apparently, he is expanding,(his mind). I'm pretty sure he forgot that he only mentioned one business before.
When stories don't click ... well ... you know.
Of course, he doesn't live in a Detroit suburb, Windsor is only where his server is. Sure!!!!
To be perfectly honest, it's looking like you're in the early stages of dementia. Better check that out before it gets to a more advanced stage.
Either your reading comprehension is somewhat lacking, or you are hopelessly delusional.(Perhaps all of the above?)
I have talked about the two family businesses many times in the past.
Furthermore, you got the gross revenue number for the "Tekkie" business wrong. The real number is a fair bit higher than your estimate.
Re my home base and citizenship--for some unknown reason, you seem to have a fixation that I live and operate from Detroit.
Not really my friend--i'm true blue Canadian, and home base is in a small community along one of the great lakes near Windsor, Ontario.
We also have a condo in Puerto Vallarta Mexico, and spend two or three months there each year. Our other home away from home is a cottage in the Haliburton Highlands of Northern Ontario, where we spend a fair amount of time during the warmer months.
The "Tekkie" business we spoke of is in a community near Windsor called Oldcastle, and the Auto Parts shops we've talked about in the past are in two places, one in Tecumseh, Ontario, and the other in London, Ontario.
So Mr. Congeniality, believe what you wish, but those are the facts.
Perhaps your misrepresentation of the facts is a symptom of something serious.
And for the record, I'm here merely for entertainment. You need to lighten up and not take things so seriously.
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7415 Nov 21, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
To be perfectly honest, it's looking like you're in the early stages of dementia. Better check that out before it gets to a more advanced stage.
Either your reading comprehension is somewhat lacking, or you are hopelessly delusional.(Perhaps all of the above?)
I have talked about the two family businesses many times in the past.
Furthermore, you got the gross revenue number for the "Tekkie" business wrong. The real number is a fair bit higher than your estimate.
Re my home base and citizenship--for some unknown reason, you seem to have a fixation that I live and operate from Detroit.
Not really my friend--i'm true blue Canadian, and home base is in a small community along one of the great lakes near Windsor, Ontario.
We also have a condo in Puerto Vallarta Mexico, and spend two or three months there each year. Our other home away from home is a cottage in the Haliburton Highlands of Northern Ontario, where we spend a fair amount of time during the warmer months.
The "Tekkie" business we spoke of is in a community near Windsor called Oldcastle, and the Auto Parts shops we've talked about in the past are in two places, one in Tecumseh, Ontario, and the other in London, Ontario.
So Mr. Congeniality, believe what you wish, but those are the facts.
Perhaps your misrepresentation of the facts is a symptom of something serious.
And for the record, I'm here merely for entertainment. You need to lighten up and not take things so seriously.
Ok ... sure.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7416 Nov 21, 2013
IluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
In the very next post, he calls your challenging him to stay on topic ...
"Naughty, naughty Root.
You're reverting back to your old cynical ways--mugwumping your way to infamy."
Trying to stay on topic is cynical? I often wonder if there is a connection between his brain and his fingers. When you take a close look at it, you realize that it's just more smoke ... AKA poo.
Three out of every five of your posts is a long winded rant against people who don 't agree with your self serving hyperbole.
You preach about staying on topic, yet you seem to stray from topic more often than not.
That is an example of cynicism
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7417 Nov 21, 2013
I remember poo poo head calling me a blow hard because I mentioned that I paid cash for my Volt.

Wow ... somebody is blowing pretty hard here.

"Yeah ... that's it. And I have a yacht in Monte Carlo. Yeah, that's it. And my server is still next to Detroit, even when I'm cruising Baja ... yeah, that's it. And Mitt asked for my blessings but I told him that he had to start smoking crack, like me".

"OK, I have to leave you little people and go back to running my empire."

Come over to where I live. 3 minutes from some of the richest firms in the world. I may be just another crumb in this neighborhood, but I checked the property values in your area. The cheapest place to live in all of Canada. I'm pretty sure I could sell my house and buy in your neighborhood, but I don't like crackheads, and I defeniI remember poo poo calling me a blow hard because I mentioned that I paid cash for my Volt.

Wow ... somebody is blowing pretty hard here.

"Yeah ... that's it. And I have a yacht in Monte Carlo. Yeah, that's it. And my server is still next to Detroit, even when I'm cruising Baja ... yeah, that's it. And Mitt asked for my blessings but I told him that he had to start smoking crack, like me".

"OK, I have to leave you little people and go back to running my empire."

Come over to where I live. 3 minutes from some of the richest firms in the world. I may be just another crumb in this neighborhood, but I checked the property values in your area. The cheapest place to live in all of Canada. I'm pretty sure I could sell my house and buy in your neighborhood, but I don't like crackheads, and I definitely don't like wearing 5 layers of winter clothing 6 months out of the year.
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7418 Nov 21, 2013
And when you spend all those months in your vila's, why does your server in crackhead Windsor still show up?

Cuz you're a liar.

"Yeah ... that's it. I email my responses to my butler who posts them for me so the peons on this forum won't know where I really am ... yeah that's it".

"Oh wait. It's cuz I'm an expert IP hider tech whiz. Yeah, that's it. I can be in Puerto Vallarta for months and make you peons think I'm still next door to Detroit. Yeah, that's it".

Lot of wind going on today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Two Installation Method on Premium Tech Tool PT... 20 hr eobdtool 1
V4.5.8 VVDI PROG new add multi-language (free d... Thu diyobd2 1
Tips to cut plastic emergency keys with Condor ... Thu diyobd2 2
High Quality MAN VCI Lite V14.01 Professional D... Wed dreamer929 2
Xhorse Condor mini VS SEC-E9 key cutting machine Wed diyobd2 1
2017 ZEUS Autoscanner MST-500 Handheld Motorcyc... May 24 uobd2 1
BMW ISTA-D Rheingold 4.05.23 free dwonload her... May 24 Jerry523 2
More from around the web