Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: JJFADS | Full story: taintedgreen.com

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Comments
6,701 - 6,720 of 9,217 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 19
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7335 Nov 16, 2013
Bottom Line...

LuvmyVolt quickly changes the subject when he discovers the truth that tax credits are just another form of subsidy.
Guess we can put that argument to sleep now.

But in his rebuttal he claims he hasn't taken any tax money out of my pocket.
A safe bet? Is he right? Well duhhhh!
That's a kinda dumb rebuttal, given that my Canadian tax dollars don't go to the US taxpayer.

After all is said and done, the guy got a big chunk of welfare by virtue of $10K worth of "Tax Credits" aka Subsidies from the Fed and State Govts.

And he pays no road tax like the rest of us because, as he claims, he never buys gasoline!(But of course, he's leading a kind of sheltered aka subsidized life by not driving more than his EV battery can handle.)

But he has three bathrooms!
Canada Poo Poo Head

United States

#7336 Nov 16, 2013
Bottom line....

Poo poo head is a hater and liar.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7337 Nov 16, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
Bottom Line...
LuvmyVolt quickly changes the subject when he discovers the truth that tax credits are just another form of subsidy.
Guess we can put that argument to sleep now.
But in his rebuttal he claims he hasn't taken any tax money out of my pocket.
A safe bet? Is he right? Well duhhhh!
That's a kinda dumb rebuttal, given that my Canadian tax dollars don't go to the US taxpayer.
After all is said and done, the guy got a big chunk of welfare by virtue of $10K worth of "Tax Credits" aka Subsidies from the Fed and State Govts.
And he pays no road tax like the rest of us because, as he claims, he never buys gasoline!(But of course, he's leading a kind of sheltered aka subsidized life by not driving more than his EV battery can handle.)
But he has three bathrooms!
Pooh, you present one sided arguments. You claim the Volt is welfare because of subsidies but you fail to mention every other car in that segment get the subsidies too. So do foreign companies building their products here in NA.

According to the argument you present, everything Government touches is welfare. This means all cars are welfare, the internet is welfare, every company that gets a corporate subsidy is welfare, the National Weather Service is welfare etc. If thatís the case, your whole country is a welfare state. Such a stupid argument all over a car that is number one that you have tried to degrade since the first page of this thread. THe only way to descibe that IS hate. You also vote yourself up too.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7338 Nov 16, 2013
Canada Poo Poo Head wrote:
Bottom line....
Poo poo head is a hater and liar.
You shouldn't be admitting things like that about yourself.
Everyone already knows it about you anyway.

Bottom line.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7339 Nov 16, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
You shouldn't be admitting things like that about yourself.
Everyone already knows it about you anyway.
Bottom line.
Helpful information number two, don't respond. Of cousre, looking at your behavior and one sided attempts to put things down, you probably don't have the ability to be reasonable.
Canada Poo Poo Head

United States

#7340 Nov 16, 2013
Bottom line...

Poo poo head is a hater and a liar. He's pissed because his wife has a bigger dick.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7341 Nov 16, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Pooh, you present one sided arguments. You claim the Volt is welfare because of subsidies but you fail to mention every other car in that segment get the subsidies too. So do foreign companies building their products here in NA.
According to the argument you present, everything Government touches is welfare. This means all cars are welfare, the internet is welfare, every company that gets a corporate subsidy is welfare, the National Weather Service is welfare etc. If thatís the case, your whole country is a welfare state. Such a stupid argument all over a car that is number one that you have tried to degrade since the first page of this thread. THe only way to descibe that IS hate. You also vote yourself up too.
Inasmuch as your highly opinionated assessment of me is way off base, I guess you have little choice.
You'll just have to put up with me.
Like it or not.

BTW, I don't like you very much either.
Deal with it.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7342 Nov 16, 2013
Pooh, it's not a question of people liking you. It's the challenges to your statements. Evidently you are not ready to defend those statements because you deflected again. Game set match.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7343 Nov 16, 2013
The poo pays about the same for electricity as I do. Just think, if he hadn't painted himself into the "I hate the Volt" corner, he could be enjoying 100 mpg equivalent when gas is at $2.70 per gallon.

But, he hates the Volt. He has poo'd too much on the Volt to admit he is wrong.

That's what happens when you hate so much that you refuse to really do some studying and checking out.

Blinded by hate. That's the poo.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7344 Nov 16, 2013
I thought this story was one of the best ever. Bat Kid!!!

It kind of restores some faith in humanity. Over 7,000 volunteers show up to help a sick little boy realize his wish. Let alone millions of other people around the world.

Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7345 Nov 17, 2013
Root wrote:
Pooh, it's not a question of people liking you. It's the challenges to your statements. Evidently you are not ready to defend those statements because you deflected again. Game set match.
I agree, even though I find you and all your IP Spoofed aliases morally bankrupt, it's really not about liking or disliking.
To me the main objective is entertainment.
It's quite entertaining goading you, your foul mouthed aliases, and the egotist from Calif. into making fools of yourselves.

To me, that's the "game", and I'm clearly in the lead there my friend.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7346 Nov 17, 2013
At least we agree on one thing but that still doesn't explain your behavior.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7347 Nov 17, 2013
Root wrote:
At least we agree on one thing but that still doesn't explain your behavior.
My behaviour? Perhaps not what you like to hear, but at least it's civil-- and clean.
It's unlike yours, your vulgarity, your racism, your foul language, crude insults, and last but not least your silly IP Spoofing. Every one of those pseudo Leagle Beagle posts has your footprint on it.
Hell, I'm just having fun, but you take this to a much lower level.
Every time those disgusting posts appear, I win.
Game and match.

You're going to have to learn and accept that the world doesn't go by your rules.
If you can't handle a little pushback, then why don't you quit asking for it.
Canadian Drug Addict

United States

#7348 Nov 17, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
My behaviour? Perhaps not what you like to hear, but at least it's civil-- and clean.
It's unlike yours, your vulgarity, your racism, your foul language, crude insults, and last but not least your silly IP Spoofing. Every one of those pseudo Leagle Beagle posts has your footprint on it.
Game and match.
You're going to have to learn and accept that the world doesn't go by your rules.
If you weren't such a dope and stopped talking about tranny crap, you would come out on top and your wife would be free to treat you how she likes.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7349 Nov 17, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Game and match.
I beleive you believe that and that's good enough for me. Just as you haphazardly blamed me for being love volt and jfads, you again play the part.

Still, that doesn't cover or negate and you still don't admit to your one sided non transparency postings and that is proof positive that exhibits the core of who and what you are.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7350 Nov 17, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>I beleive you believe that and that's good enough for me. Just as you haphazardly blamed me for being love volt and jfads, you again play the part.
Still, that doesn't cover or negate and you still don't admit to your one sided non transparency postings and that is proof positive that exhibits the core of who and what you are.
I have no need nor obligation to "admit" (Whatever that means) to any of my presence here.

Unlike you. You have a whole lot of accountability.

But as far as I'm concerned you're just part of the entertainment.

And you are in no way a qualified judge of anything by anyone here.

Game and Match.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7351 Nov 17, 2013
You still fail to account for your postings and provide proof of your allegations. That by any means is game set and match. In the future you can do better, hopefully.

It's football night in America. Talk to you tomorrow.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7352 Nov 17, 2013
Root wrote:
You still fail to account for your postings and provide proof of your allegations. That by any means is game set and match. In the future you can do better, hopefully.
It's football night in America. Talk to you tomorrow.
Poo poo head is a hater, pure and simple. He calls me and my son liars by saying "supposed savings". He puts it in that form so that he can deny that he ever called us liars.

Then he poos on proof by stating that it wouldn't hold up in a court of law.

Wow .... in a court of law. That's his way of calling the YouTube posters liars.

He ignores posts like the link that proves that Volt sales are ahead of the Prius sales in it's first 3 years. He ignored it and then within a page or two stated once again that Volt sales are "dismal". That's another way of him lying .... aka slinging poo.

He does this because he can't stand positive posts about the Volt. He can't stand that owners love the Volt. Even though it is the most loved car in automotive history. This riles him.

Quite frankly .... I'm glad it riles him.

14,785 miles. 30 gallons of gas. 131 mpg electric.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7353 Nov 18, 2013
Entertainment herein is provided by LuvmyVolt and his loyal associate Root,(aka any number of names).
Their self serving rants are always hilarious, and guaranteed to make one wonder why.
Like an ongoing but funny soap opera.
Now, if they could only attract a sponsor......

Energizer Bunny comes to mind!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7354 Nov 18, 2013
Some interesting numbers, the Volt and Leaf combined moved over 4k units in October.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can You Guess What Countries Build The Most Cars? 1 hr John Jeffery 1
Malaysia Airlines Is Hemorrhaging Money, Flying... Thu _malon_goblok 4
Ferguson violence: Escalation blamed on cops Wed gomer 2
2014 Cadillac CTS vs. 2014 Chevrolet Corvette S... Wed supashack 1
VP Biden congratulates 'fellow veep' on Emmy win Wed Le Jimbo 2
Why Cars Don't Get 80 Miles Per Gallon: 4 Reasons Aug 26 Sharptons Savages 5
ALL cars-High Mileage Stories (Nov '07) Aug 25 shane3030 25

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••