Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11779 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

“Dirty Canada”

Since: Oct 13

Richmond Hill, Canada

#7360 Nov 18, 2013
Charlene wrote:
<quoted text>
You put down the Volt whenever you get the chance so you must hate it. I am an open person and supported your decision to let your son dress in a female costume. For that you should at least be open to me and not discourteous. From my count there are two men from Canada here. One likes the Volt and the other is a wisecracker.
I have no need nor obligation to "admit" (Whatever that means) to any of my presence here.

Unlike you. You have a whole lot of accountability. I am a gay man and I can dress my children how I please.

But as far as I'm concerned you're just part of the entertainment.

And you are in no way a qualified judge of anything by anyone here.

Game and Matches.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7361 Nov 18, 2013
Charlene wrote:
<quoted text>
You put down the Volt whenever you get the chance so you must hate it. I am an open person and supported your decision to let your son dress in a female costume. For that you should at least be open to me and not discourteous. From my count there are two men from Canada here. One likes the Volt and the other is a wisecracker.
Truth be told there are four separate posters claiming the "Leagle Beagle" handle. A couple of these are basically the same person purporting to be from Canada, but are in fact posting in the US. I have a location where these originate. One is a US poster who appears here routinely under another name from Miami Fla.
i am only one of those "Leagle Beagles", the others are IP Spoofers. i live in Canada, i'm the one Canadian "Beagle" and I don't indulge in their childish foolishness.
Furthermore, my Wife and I have two daughters (no sons), one of whom co-manages one of our family businesses and is far too old to participate in Halloween costume shenanigans. The other lives far from here, in Winnipeg Manitoba and who also is much older than those who partake in Halloween costuming.
I do not recall being discourteous to you, but in all fairness, you are acting a lot like those individuals who continuously post frivolous and vexatious nonsense.
I assure you, I do not hate the Volt, or any car--these are not objects deserving of such strong emotions in my opinion.
I do, however, enjoy needling some of the pseudo enthusiasts who claim to be in love with a car (a car???), and I find it amusing and entertaining watching them make fools of themselves defending what is essentially a somewhat weird and decidedly unusual affectation for a car.(A car???)
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7362 Nov 18, 2013
Dollinger wrote:
<quoted text>GM once and for all should radically alters its Volt marketing. The car is a great value for the price and a truly reliable automobile. Marketing should be changed to show different aspects of the car. You could see this points of share rise across the whole collection on the heels of good marketing for just one car.
I started wondering just what the share was and found out it was more than I thought. Better marketing would do wonders for these cars.

Another thing that comes to mind is hydrogen, get ready. This will add to the numbers of all alternative powered vehicles.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7363 Nov 18, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>He hates the Volt. Go back to the beginning page and read the comments from Canada. Important to note the various name changes in his postings. There is but one person from Canada posting here and he likes to jump back and forth from name to name with sexually explicit and blatant foul mouthed negativity. Read my posts and you will see I've tried to get him to be polite but he refuses. Just look at the nasty posts on this page, it will remind you if the lost bully type, a truly sad situation. The best way to deal with it is just try to be polite to him because he needs these outbursts to deal with his negativity and anger problems.
Root, Root, Root--"Sexually explicit and blatant foul mouth.....???" indeed!!
You know full well all the homophobic gay slurs, sexually explicit language, blatant foul mouth talk, etc cannot be pinned on me!!
You know better my friend.
You, of all people making false accusations like that!!
All I'm guilty of is having a little fun wit you, your aliases, and good old LMV.
You shouldn't be throwing around grossly slanderous statements like that, especially when you know they're untrue.
An especially when you have no proof, and very especially when both you and I know the source of the vulgarity you speak of.
Tsk,Tsk,Tsk!! Shame on you Root.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7364 Nov 18, 2013
Charlene wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes and one other thing, he has a tendency to blame others for his mistakes. But anyway, good to hear from you again. How are things out there in LA?
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7366 Nov 18, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yes and one other thing, he has a tendency to blame others for his mistakes. But anyway, good to hear from you again. How are things out there in LA?
Naughty, naughty Root.
You know that's not true.
Firstly, I don't make mistakes.
But you just did.
Shame, shame.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7367 Nov 18, 2013
The problem right now is that people are convinced that gas is cheap, once again. That's what happens when gas peaks then drops for a while.

I personally believe that the oil companies are doing this on purpose so as not to shock consumers too much. They have a price in mind, but they are taking their time getting there. They don't want to drive everybody towards high millage cars all at once.

I was actually talking to a relative who told me that she could afford $26,000 for a 2014 Volt, but gas is now "cheap" (it was $3.65 when she made that comment).

When I told her that I get 100 mpg when gas is at $2.70, she blinked twice. But she still thinks gas will drop below $3.00.

It may, but let's not forget that 1/2 billion more cars will be on the road within 10 years. Mostly in China. 95% of them will need gas. That is a 50% rise in the total number of cars in the world in a very short period of time.

Just watching one of those smog videos in China makes one wonder why they don't push electric vehicles more. Even when power plants are coal fired, miles per kwh compared to mpg is more than twice as good.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7368 Nov 18, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Naughty, naughty Root.
You know that's not true.
Firstly, I don't make mistakes.
But you just did.
Shame, shame.
You are right there. You don't make mistakes. Lies are intended. They are not mistakes.

You've told hundreds of lies .... not one was a mistake.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7369 Nov 18, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right there. You don't make mistakes. Lies are intended. They are not mistakes.
You've told hundreds of lies .... not one was a mistake.
Dreamer!!
You're just comedy relief.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7370 Nov 18, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
The problem right now is that people are convinced that gas is cheap, once again. That's what happens when gas peaks then drops for a while.
I personally believe that the oil companies are doing this on purpose so as not to shock consumers too much. They have a price in mind, but they are taking their time getting there. They don't want to drive everybody towards high millage cars all at once.
I was actually talking to a relative who told me that she could afford $26,000 for a 2014 Volt, but gas is now "cheap" (it was $3.65 when she made that comment).
When I told her that I get 100 mpg when gas is at $2.70, she blinked twice. But she still thinks gas will drop below $3.00.
It may, but let's not forget that 1/2 billion more cars will be on the road within 10 years. Mostly in China. 95% of them will need gas. That is a 50% rise in the total number of cars in the world in a very short period of time.
Just watching one of those smog videos in China makes one wonder why they don't push electric vehicles more. Even when power plants are coal fired, miles per kwh compared to mpg is more than twice as good.
Well, imho it's gas because gas makes money and to be perfectly honest the ICE has been massaged for generations. They are very reliable and efficient too.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7371 Nov 18, 2013
People just aren't ready for EVs as they presently exist.
Perhaps in a few years when alternate fuels allow more flexibility, things may change.
Today' EVs just don't fulfil the needs of most drivers.
Unless an EV owner stays within their limited capabilities, owning one doesn't meet the average car buyer's requirements.
They're great for a second "around town" vehicle, but not much else.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7372 Nov 18, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
People just aren't ready for EVs as they presently exist.
Perhaps in a few years when alternate fuels allow more flexibility, things may change.
Today' EVs just don't fulfil the needs of most drivers.
Unless an EV owner stays within their limited capabilities, owning one doesn't meet the average car buyer's requirements.
They're great for a second "around town" vehicle, but not much else.
Good go# are you actually talking cars and not blaming me for spoof? This day should go down in history. One comment with zero negativity. Let's hope it continues. I'm literally floored .
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7373 Nov 18, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Good go# are you actually talking cars and not blaming me for spoof? This day should go down in history. One comment with zero negativity. Let's hope it continues. I'm literally floored .
Don't get yer knickers in a knot just yet Root.
Most assuredly, you've undoubtedly got lots more sillines for us to get chuckles from.

Now, if you could only call off the dogs.........
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7374 Nov 19, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get yer knickers in a knot just yet Root.
Most assuredly, you've undoubtedly got lots more sillines for us to get chuckles from.
Now, if you could only call off the dogs.........
Root can't call you off ... cuz you can't stop. Hint. You're the only one that tries to get people off car topics. You want dogs called off ... collect your thoughts, don't respond to this, and drop it. The next post from me will be a car topic only and it will go from there.

But that will never happen. When you weren't around, barely one page a week was being posted ... almost 100% on topic.

You came back and claimed that this forum almost died without your almighty presence. You came back to save us. We were fine without you. So, either talk car topics, go away, or stop complaining about people reacting to you.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7375 Nov 19, 2013
IluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Root can't call you off ... cuz you can't stop. Hint. You're the only one that tries to get people off car topics. You want dogs called off ... collect your thoughts, don't respond to this, and drop it. The next post from me will be a car topic only and it will go from there.
But that will never happen. When you weren't around, barely one page a week was being posted ... almost 100% on topic.
You came back and claimed that this forum almost died without your almighty presence. You came back to save us. We were fine without you. So, either talk car topics, go away, or stop complaining about people reacting to you.
Thank you for another great laugh.
That said, I don't recall asking you for an opinion.
Especially so in light of the well known admonition for folks like yourself...."People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7376 Nov 19, 2013
Oh come on now, he has a point. You do not in the majority of your posting talk favorably about cars. Most of it is negative. Hey, look at the above post.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7377 Nov 19, 2013
Root wrote:
Oh come on now, he has a point. You do not in the majority of your posting talk favorably about cars. Most of it is negative. Hey, look at the above post.
What's negative about my post?
Looks pretty lighthearted to me.
No swearing, no sex talk, no accusations, no put downs, no personal insults, no negatives about country, etc.---nothing but plain good advice.
On the other hand, some of your spoofed posting has gotten pretty vulgar and has a lot of those negatives I just mentioned.
Maybe you shouldn't be castigating others for stuff you often do?

Rest assured, I'm just here for entertainment.
You guys take this much too seriously, and have begun to behave badly.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7378 Nov 19, 2013
You are the one that talks badly and insults others and uses faux characters from canada. Everyone knows it.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7379 Nov 19, 2013
Root wrote:
You are the one that talks badly and insults others and uses faux characters from canada. Everyone knows it.
You know that's not true Root.
Please show proof of that false claim.
Knowing you cannot, then an apology is expected.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7380 Nov 19, 2013
Lol you're fibs are getting messed up. Yesterday you told the girl from LA that a person from Florida was the culprit (you) with Canadian handle. Just a few days prior you were blaming me for doing that. Ha! Just like you blamed me for being jjfads and lovevolt. It seems to me that when you tell one lie and another and another it gets confusing and you have told so many that you can't even remember what story to follow.

Face it, this is all about the Volt and you ate upset because it leapfrogged the prius. Thats why you try to change the subject all the time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lexus will debut UX crossover with taillamp fins 6 hr jam 1
News The 2018 Mazda 3 May Have The Best No-Bullshit ... Feb 16 Firm Confirm 4
News NHTSA opening probe into Ford Freestar/Mercury ... (Jan '10) Feb 7 Cars 22
OBDSTAR H110 VS Xhorse VVDI2 , Which better Feb 4 FMPC001 1
What programmer to read VAG Bcm2 on bench? Jan 29 Ambrosio 1
XTOOL X-100 PAD Tablet Key Programmer (Nov '15) Jan 29 jimmyLIN 25
News Manhattan could become first U.S. city to levy ... Jan 29 Louie from the pier 3
More from around the web