Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11770 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7318 Nov 15, 2013
Root wrote:
Here is an interesting article..
Lithium-Ion Battery Prices Expected To Plummet, Bodes Well For Vehicles Like Chevrolet Volt, Spark EV
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2013/11/lithium-i...
Beat me to it. I was going to post that and this one also.

http://cleantechnica.com/2013/07/08/40-drop-i...

Judged:

13

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7319 Nov 15, 2013
The 2014 Volt will get up to an $8,500 tax break. Maybe, even the canucklehead will consider that one.

http://insideevs.com/breaking-2014-chevy-volt...

Judged:

13

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7320 Nov 15, 2013
Meant to say ... the $8,500 tax break is in Ontario. Right up his alley.

And no, he wouldn't consider it. He would rather go broke than save money by buying something he hates.

Of course, his $2.8 million business would have to go down the drain before he went broke.

Judged:

13

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7321 Nov 15, 2013
101 year old war vet buys a Volt for his wife.

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/news/local/...

Can't wait to see what the haters have to say about his cool story.

Judged:

13

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7322 Nov 15, 2013
Wow dolt. You voted 25 times!!! I laugh because I envision you at your screen, just so enraged that you have to vote so many times for each comment.

As long as you feel warm a fuzzy. A woman would feel better, though.

You should try that at least once in your life.

Judged:

13

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7323 Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

14

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7324 Nov 15, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
I am not the hater! I am a Volt fan and not a hater or a liar. This other fake Beagle wants to make people think I don't like the Volt but I do like the Volt. I am open to love and affection. I don't like argument. He wants to stain my honour with his grey dialogue.
I believe you. I take everything back.

nyuk, nyuk, nyuk

Judged:

14

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7325 Nov 16, 2013
Sure are a lot of "Leagle Beagle Imitators" around these days.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7326 Nov 16, 2013
Charlene wrote:
The man from Canada that hates the Volt is at it again. Why can't you act like an adult? This is the problem with the internet. People start out rational, stay too long in the web, and then reduce themselves to name-calling. Where does it come from? Lack of argument, incoherent rage at being powerless, childishness - who knows? But it sure is easy, isn’t it? And it feels like an easy way to get a little rush, be a little self-righteous and simply walk away? But the truth is, it doesn't feel good to the person who wrote it, there is a psychic hangover to anonymous behavior like this and it reduces openness and demonizes "other". It is a child's way of dealing with contrary things to what the child wants.
Pray tell, which of the "man from Canada" (or those claiming they're from Canada) are you directing your advice to?
There are at least 4 individuals claiming to be "a man from Canada" for you to choose from.

Or are you just another player in the charade being played out here?
Care to enlighten?

Also, where does this "who hates Volt" claim come from.
Is anyone who doesn't fawn over the Volt just arbitrarily deemed a "hater"?
Is contradiction of any sort an automatic sentence to be deemed "hater"?
Could it be those who charge others with "hate" are in fact the real haters.
Please explain.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7327 Nov 16, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Meant to say ... the $8,500 tax break is in Ontario. Right up his alley.
And no, he wouldn't consider it. He would rather go broke than save money by buying something he hates.
Of course, his $2.8 million business would have to go down the drain before he went broke.
You're right, I won't consider it. But be advised, I certainly don't hate the Volt.
Why you would presume that anyone would waste emotion on an inanimate hunk of metal like a car is bizarre.
Volt just doesn't fit my driving needs in any way. Not at this time anyway.
And I suspect that's why EV sales are so pitifully low--most people don't see them as unsuitable for their needs.
Besides, I don't need to take Govt welfare-- nor do I believe in it.
But if it works for you, that's nothing to be ashamed of.

BTW, not to worry-- going broke isn't going to happen any time soon my friend.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7328 Nov 16, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you. I take everything back.
nyuk, nyuk, nyuk
Bet you believe in the tooth fairy as well.
Welfare people tend to do that.

BTW, this forum is supposed to be about cars.
On that subject, how do you EV enthusiasts propose to pay for the roads you drive on?
Gassers pay a significant part of every gallon of fuel towards road maintenance--a fuel tax.
You pay little or nothing.
You have also received significant $ from taxpayers in the form of subsidies and credits.
Govt welfare has certainly worked well for you--and the automakers.
Would you have even considered buying one without all that cash on the table?
Or are you just a "Taker"?(As opposed what you call me--"Hater")
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7329 Nov 16, 2013
Poo poo head needs to learn what a tax credit is. It is never money taken from tax payer's pockets. A nonrefundable tax credit is taxes paid by the filer and refunded back to the filer. 

In other words, it's his or her own money. No taxes paid by other filets is ever used.

A subsidy is tax money given to programs, groups of people, etc. The money comes out of all tax payer's pockets. 

In other words, the group receiving the subsidy may not even pay taxes in the first place.

That's as simple as I can make it, poo. Perhaps even you can understand. Makes me wonder. Does Detroit provide Windsor's crack, or is it the other way around? 
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7330 Nov 16, 2013
And to the slinger of poo. The fact that electric car owners don't pay for road maintenance yet is the governments fault, not ours.

When they fix that problem, we will pay our fair taxes and still kick your little behind in money saved on fuel and maintenance.

You know full well that the fix is in the works. You are just running out of poo to sling.

Now, let's compare the taxes I pay to keep gas cars on the road. I won't even provide the links because I already have and they don't seem to do you any good. Your eyes and ears are too full of poo.

The USA spends $50 billion of the military's budget to protect foreign oil fields, yearly. I pay for those taxes. 

Oil conglomerates receive billions in subsidies yearly. I pay for those taxes also.

Oil companies write off 70% of their cost when leasing oil rigs, via subsidies. A deduction of up to $225,000 a day per rig. I pay for this subsidies also.

Oil companies are subsidized for their initial investments for new oil fields, products, etc. Sometimes to the tune that they receive more taxes than they paid. I pay for those taxes also.

The NY Times reported that the total subsidies received by the conglomerates from 2006 - 2008 was $280 billion. 

The maximum amount of taxes received for all infrastructure, for the entire USA, for one year is $50 billion.

So you see poo poo, I pay more in taxes that I reap no benefit from, by driving an electric, than your piddly little attempt at slinging poo will ever prove that I am a taker. You're a liar because you already knew the above because I already educated you.

You are a negative. Why don't you go to the Canadian Topix web site and complain about the Zenn.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7331 Nov 16, 2013
IluvmyVolt wrote:
Poo poo head needs to learn what a tax credit is. It is never money taken from tax payer's pockets. A nonrefundable tax credit is taxes paid by the filer and refunded back to the filer. 
In other words, it's his or her own money. No taxes paid by other filets is ever used.
A subsidy is tax money given to programs, groups of people, etc. The money comes out of all tax payer's pockets. 
In other words, the group receiving the subsidy may not even pay taxes in the first place.
That's as simple as I can make it, poo. Perhaps even you can understand. Makes me wonder. Does Detroit provide Windsor's crack, or is it the other way around? 
Dear Mr. luvmyVolt:

In your eyes, the almost $10K you didn't have to pay for your $41K automobile was just manna from heaven--perhaps so much vapour.
You insist it wasn't a subsidy. You are wrong. Very foolishly so.
In the Govt's eyes, it was a gift to you that you would have otherwise had to pay if they hadn't offered you that gift. They call these "subsidies".
Now here do you suppose that gift (Subsidy) came from?
No matter how you play games with it, that gift ( Subsidy) came out of taxpayer's pockets.
It was a gift (Subsidy) from your Govt.
Quit trying to colour it otherwise.
Face it, you were a recipient of Govt welfare.
If you require more convincing, then argue with this--the Govt's own definition of taxpayer paid subsidies...

Subsidies Defined (an excerpt)....

"Another form of subsidy is preferential tax treatment for a favoured group. These can take the form of tax deductions, or credits, or exemptions from taxes.

Examples of tax credits include the Earned Income Tax Credit, tax credits to consumers for installing energy efficient items (e.g., geothermal heat pumps, residential-sized wind turbines, solar energy systems, and so on). Other tax credits are aimed at the ethanol industry and renewable energy equipment or automobile manufacturers."
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7332 Nov 16, 2013
Poo poo head read my link that shows the first 33 months of volt sales are still ahead of the first 33 months of Prius sales, but he still slings his disproven poo.

I bet he was even poo'ing on the Prius, way back when.

I only have 3 bathrooms. Poo poo would need at least 10 so he wouldn't have too far "run".
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7333 Nov 16, 2013
Hey poo poo. I didn't take one penny from any tax payers pocket.

Your gas car takes and takes. This makes you a taker. Did you know that if all the subsidies tied to gas, including the military expenditure, were taken away, gas would cost over $15 a gallon.

I help pay for that free gift of yours. You never paid a penny of my credit.

You can't poo your way out of that one.
IluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7334 Nov 16, 2013
Whoa!!! I'm going to have to find a new name for poo poo after reading this. I didn't mean to offend the chimps.

http://phys.org/news/2011-11-poop-throwing-ch...
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7335 Nov 16, 2013
Bottom Line...

LuvmyVolt quickly changes the subject when he discovers the truth that tax credits are just another form of subsidy.
Guess we can put that argument to sleep now.

But in his rebuttal he claims he hasn't taken any tax money out of my pocket.
A safe bet? Is he right? Well duhhhh!
That's a kinda dumb rebuttal, given that my Canadian tax dollars don't go to the US taxpayer.

After all is said and done, the guy got a big chunk of welfare by virtue of $10K worth of "Tax Credits" aka Subsidies from the Fed and State Govts.

And he pays no road tax like the rest of us because, as he claims, he never buys gasoline!(But of course, he's leading a kind of sheltered aka subsidized life by not driving more than his EV battery can handle.)

But he has three bathrooms!
Canada Poo Poo Head

United States

#7336 Nov 16, 2013
Bottom line....

Poo poo head is a hater and liar.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7337 Nov 16, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
Bottom Line...
LuvmyVolt quickly changes the subject when he discovers the truth that tax credits are just another form of subsidy.
Guess we can put that argument to sleep now.
But in his rebuttal he claims he hasn't taken any tax money out of my pocket.
A safe bet? Is he right? Well duhhhh!
That's a kinda dumb rebuttal, given that my Canadian tax dollars don't go to the US taxpayer.
After all is said and done, the guy got a big chunk of welfare by virtue of $10K worth of "Tax Credits" aka Subsidies from the Fed and State Govts.
And he pays no road tax like the rest of us because, as he claims, he never buys gasoline!(But of course, he's leading a kind of sheltered aka subsidized life by not driving more than his EV battery can handle.)
But he has three bathrooms!
Pooh, you present one sided arguments. You claim the Volt is welfare because of subsidies but you fail to mention every other car in that segment get the subsidies too. So do foreign companies building their products here in NA.

According to the argument you present, everything Government touches is welfare. This means all cars are welfare, the internet is welfare, every company that gets a corporate subsidy is welfare, the National Weather Service is welfare etc. If that’s the case, your whole country is a welfare state. Such a stupid argument all over a car that is number one that you have tried to degrade since the first page of this thread. THe only way to descibe that IS hate. You also vote yourself up too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
V4.5.8 VVDI PROG new add multi-language (free d... 18 hr diyobd2 1
Tips to cut plastic emergency keys with Condor ... 20 hr diyobd2 2
High Quality MAN VCI Lite V14.01 Professional D... 21 hr dreamer929 2
Xhorse Condor mini VS SEC-E9 key cutting machine 21 hr diyobd2 1
2017 ZEUS Autoscanner MST-500 Handheld Motorcyc... Wed uobd2 1
BMW ISTA-D Rheingold 4.05.23 free dwonload her... Wed Jerry523 2
vvdi key tool remote support list pdf download ... Tue diyobd2 1
OP-COM 2012V/ VAUX-COM 120309a Free Download (Oct '15) May 2 lalaura 32
More from around the web