Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 10463 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Poo poo

Grand Rapids, MI

#7277 Nov 13, 2013
Root wrote:
Now that we know and agree the Volt is the reigning sales champ year after year, maybe we can see one of the competitors take the title as the Volt winds down its initial run. Great times ahead for the other competitors finally getting their act together.
Canada is a great place and positive reinforcement is best at this time. No drug mayor can bring it down.
Yea we all know obamamobile is the reigning subsidy queen...

As a matter of fact it left taxpayer $15BILLIon$ in the hole just last month.

Does anyone still wonder just where that $85B$ a month goes.

I guess not.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7278 Nov 13, 2013
Canada is indeed a great country, well liked, a friend to all countries, and envied by many.
In spite of the hateful accusations by some, Canadians bear no resentment to those who post their vitriol here.
We simply chalk it up to envy, adolescent retadation, and bad manners

Now that the EV market has added some very worthy competition to the sector, Volt, which had it mostly to itself since inception, will undoubtedly feel the pinch.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7279 Nov 13, 2013
Canada is a great country and you are a strong person. Everything is good and I hope the drug mayor gets better.
Marco

Madrid, Spain

#7280 Nov 13, 2013
Doug wrote:
<quoted text>As we have become more "accepting", we have had more behavioral problems and more social pathologies. Guidance sometimes involves *not* accepting things. If my kid wants to jerk off in public I am not going to "accept" that.
Kids need boundaries, without them they can easily lose their way. The inner cities are filled with kids who are doing whatever they please. The results have been tragic.
This parent may have thought long and hard but how do you consider all of the factors unless you talk to your child?
The question is what forms of self-expression are really, really important to psychological health and happiness. People jerk off, and everyone knows that, but it isn't an integral part of how we interact with the world writ large. Gender identity, on the other hand, has everything to do with how we interact with the world writ large--how we are seen, how we are treated. It's not unreasonable for people--even children--to deeply crave recognition for their gender identity, and science is increasingly revealing to us that gender identity is more or less inborn. It can't just be rewritten through upbringing or social settings. Take a look at Canadian law in this matter. The Canadians have lax sex law and how that plays into gender can't be overlooked, it is a freedom this parent chooses to exercise. Isn't it odd that conservatives often point out that nurture can't overcome nature with respect to gender differences, but in cases of transgender individuals they are prone to insist that surely the right kind of nurture can rewire these kids brains?

“Dirty Canada”

Since: Oct 13

Richmond Hill, Canada

#7281 Nov 13, 2013
I appreciate anyone that introduces the public to transgender issues. Everyone seems to have an out gay or lesbian family member. I was the first transsexual most people I know had ever spoken to.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7282 Nov 13, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
I appreciate anyone that introduces the public to transgender issues. Everyone seems to have an out gay or lesbian family member. I was the first transsexual most people I know had ever spoken to.
"Hello" to the Fake Beagle.
Glad to see you've got the guts to admit to your transgender situation.
I'm not a fan of that persuasion myself, but to each his own I guess.
Good luck to you--no doubt it's a difficult road you've chosen.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7283 Nov 13, 2013
Nobody can come up with one legitimate reason to let their children cross dress no matter how hard some may try.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7284 Nov 13, 2013
Poo poo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea we all know obamamobile is the reigning subsidy queen...
As a matter of fact it left taxpayer $15BILLIon$ in the hole just last month.
Does anyone still wonder just where that $85B$ a month goes.
I guess not.
Hmmmm .... maybe I'm misinformed.

I thought George Bush Sr. signed in the subsidies for all electric cars in 1992. That was 102nd Congress H.R.776.ENR.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Policy_Ac...

I thought George Bush Jr. signed the law for the tax credits for all electric cars in 2008.

Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008. Public Law 110-343.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_Econom...

Section 205 covers the tax credits:

http://books.google.com/books...

Per Fox News, the entire program , totals to $6.5 billion for all electrics, of which the Volt is one of about 15 at this time.

http://www.foxnews.com/topics/taxes/electric-...

I guess your source, stating that the Volt cost $15 billion a month is better than these sources.

Even Fox News state that the entire program has cost only $6.5 billion.$15 billion a month!!!! I almost fell off my chair when I read that!!! Thanks for the funny.

$15 billion a month!!! Did you just make that up in your head? That's a lot of poo being slung at the wall. I guess you hoped some of it would stick .... eh?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7285 Nov 13, 2013
For the poo poo head.(Canadian hater).

My savings, not imagined, well documented.

If the poo poo head thinks that videos can be edited that easily, he obviously doesn't know the first thing about the subject.

Unlike photo's, video editing takes lots of money to do. My program that I used to make videos for money to offset the cost of the program, cost $400.

It is entirely impossible to edit a video scene with this program.

Then he calls other YouTube posters liars, accusing them of editing their videos. Those folks only know how to download their raw video. They don't even know how to embellish.

To edit a video, the way the poo poo head thinks all the Volt owners are doing, it would cost several thousand dollars in program and computer power.

My computer only has 8 processors and it barely can do what I need it to do.

You're a slinger poo poo. That's all you do.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7286 Nov 13, 2013
Canada's poo poo on the USA. The Keystone pipe line is having big problems. It is being built by a Canadian company.

From the link:

"Pipeline defects have been identified along a 60-mile stretch of the southern segment of the Keystone XL pipeline, north of the Sabine River in Texas (Winnsboro, Texas). &#8232;Sections of pipe have dents, faulty welds, and pin-holes in some sections enough to see daylight through."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesconca/2013/0...

If they have pin holes you can see daylight through, plus faulty welds, all in a short 60 mile stretch .... what the heck is the rest of the pipe line going to look like?

We've been flimflammed.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7287 Nov 14, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
For the poo poo head.(Canadian hater).
My savings, not imagined, well documented.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =-GfMgLjPMcsXX
If the poo poo head thinks that videos can be edited that easily, he obviously doesn't know the first thing about the subject.
Unlike photo's, video editing takes lots of money to do. My program that I used to make videos for money to offset the cost of the program, cost $400.
It is entirely impossible to edit a video scene with this program.
Then he calls other YouTube posters liars, accusing them of editing their videos. Those folks only know how to download their raw video. They don't even know how to embellish.
To edit a video, the way the poo poo head thinks all the Volt owners are doing, it would cost several thousand dollars in program and computer power.
My computer only has 8 processors and it barely can do what I need it to do.
You're a slinger poo poo. That's all you do.
More dopey accusations by the Volt Shill---who consistently has problems getting his facts straight!

Nobody mentioned "editing youtube videos". Only that they can be inadmissible as evidence in a courtroom.

Dopey!!!
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7288 Nov 14, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Canada's poo poo on the USA. The Keystone pipe line is having big problems. It is being built by a Canadian company.
From the link:
"Pipeline defects have been identified along a 60-mile stretch of the southern segment of the Keystone XL pipeline, north of the Sabine River in Texas (Winnsboro, Texas). &#8232;Sections of pipe have dents, faulty welds, and pin-holes in some sections enough to see daylight through."
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesconca/2013/0...
If they have pin holes you can see daylight through, plus faulty welds, all in a short 60 mile stretch .... what the heck is the rest of the pipe line going to look like?
We've been flimflammed.
Hey fool--if you have problems with construction of the Keystone pipeline, better point your dopey accusations at the US construction workers who are building it!
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7289 Nov 14, 2013
Question...

There is a poster here who uses the words "hate" and "hater" in almost every one of his countless posts?

Very few, if any, other posters have ever used or referred to those expressions.

The question then is...who is the poster doing the most "hating"????

Answer---three guesses--his initials are LMV!!!
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7291 Nov 14, 2013
Question.....

There is a poster here who swears up and down that Federal and State Tax Credits (up to $7500 and $2500 respectively) ere not subsidies.
Time after time, this misguided fool insists "not one penny of tax credit comes out of taxpayer's pockets"!!!

The question is then....Where does this fool think that money comes from---thin air????

And this character has the gall to call other people "liars"!!!!

Who then, is this misguided fool?

Three guesses. Initials are LMV!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7292 Nov 14, 2013
Playing the part of bully never works. Explain your stance and provide links to back up your thoughts and or beliefs. That's the way it's done. You can gain respect like that.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7293 Nov 14, 2013
Hey poo poo head, I'd be jealous if I were you. There is a new poo slinger in town. At least he calls himself "poo poo".

He claimed that the Volt is losing $15 billion a month. He has managed to take an entire automobile line ... that includes at least 15 other cars ... that costs a total of $6.5 billion ... and turn it into a $1,100,000,000,000 loser since 2008. For just the Volt alone! That's just since GM started testing.

I don't even know how to say that number. Do you poo poo? I'm pretty sure it's $1.1 trillion

That is 25% of the annual USA budget for one year.

That's more than we spend on the defense budget in the middle east protecting their oil fields. We spend $50 billion a year there, but the Volt loses $180 billion a year?

Does anybody even dare defend that number? Even you, poo poo?

My side still hurts after reading that one.

Now that is some major poo slinging. There's a new poo sheriff in town.

Now let's see what Mr. "I hate insinuations, lies & half truths" has to say about the other poo slinger.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7294 Nov 14, 2013
Poor poo poo head. He doesn't even know where Silicon Valley is. "So Cal"? Now that hurts!!!

Isn't it ironic that he lives in a Detroit suburb? I wonder if that is where Canadians get their crack? Or their cars?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7295 Nov 14, 2013
Here's a Topix subject for the Canadian hater.

"Why Canada Sucks".

It's mostly Canadians duking it out. Perhaps he can go over there and bless them with his pressence and maybe even stay there.

http://www.topix.com/forum/world/canada/T91G1...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7296 Nov 14, 2013
More really dopey posts by Our resident Volt shill.
I'm voting for him in the "dope of the month" challenge.
What a dimbulb!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7297 Nov 14, 2013
It's patriot to drive a Chevy Volt.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Senate Dems block trade measure 13 hr okimar 3
News Huge Trouble at Foreign Toyota (May '09) 16 hr Civil Poster 318
Canada Proxy Queer 16 hr Civil Poster 2
5 cylinder chevy colorado (May '07) 20 hr AVR 268
News Toyota recalls even MORE Junk-1.3 million ORIENTAL (Jan '09) May 19 Over Priced Cruze 363
News Itís a Sad Day at Toyota (Jun '10) May 19 Over Priced Cruze 1,150
News What's Your Worst Bus Horror Story? (Sep '14) May 17 Hungarian 101 3
More from around the web