Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: JJFADS | Full story: taintedgreen.com

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Comments (Page 332)

Showing posts 6,621 - 6,640 of9,204
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Marco wrote:
<quoted text>I don't see what all the fuss is about. What difference does it make if a boy wants to wear things that are supposedly for girls? How is that failing at parenting? If a girl wears a boy's costume nobody flips their lid, because oh hey, it's ok to be a boy, right? I want to know why being a girl or wearing/playing with girl signifiers is so abject and shameful, such a desecration of male identity that parents would be ashamed or concerned if their son wanted to wear something pink and sparkly!
I agree that gender identity is innate. But gender demarcators themselves are social constructions. Two hundred and fifty years ago men wore heels, rouge, bows, lace, and the colour pink. George Washington wore lacey shirts and heels... I mean, C'mon. Gender binaries are for cave people.
People like you are the problem. Easy breasy living and letting things go is not the answer. Young people cross dressing is unacceptable.
Doug

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Marco wrote:
<quoted text>I don't see what all the fuss is about. What difference does it make if a boy wants to wear things that are supposedly for girls? How is that failing at parenting? If a girl wears a boy's costume nobody flips their lid, because oh hey, it's ok to be a boy, right? I want to know why being a girl or wearing/playing with girl signifiers is so abject and shameful, such a desecration of male identity that parents would be ashamed or concerned if their son wanted to wear something pink and sparkly!
I agree that gender identity is innate. But gender demarcators themselves are social constructions. Two hundred and fifty years ago men wore heels, rouge, bows, lace, and the colour pink. George Washington wore lacey shirts and heels... I mean, C'mon. Gender binaries are for cave people.
As we have become more "accepting", we have had more behavioral problems and more social pathologies. Guidance sometimes involves *not* accepting things. If my kid wants to jerk off in public I am not going to "accept" that.
Kids need boundaries, without them they can easily lose their way. The inner cities are filled with kids who are doing whatever they please. The results have been tragic.
This parent may have thought long and hard but how do you consider all of the factors unless you talk to your child?
Former Volt Owner

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Things are not looking too good for the Volt, despite incentives with down payments and sticker price Volt sales are down a good bit from th 2012 numbers. Total Volt sales for the first nine moths of this year are at about 16760 units. When broen down ths represents about 1,873 per month or about 38 cars per state per month sold per month. The Leaf has now passed the volt in 2013 as far as sales and things do not look good for future sales of the Volt. I guess when potential buyers add the positives and negatives of the Volt they are looking elsewere for a car purchase.

I know that there will be at least one person who will come on here and tell how his son gets thousands of miles per drop of gas, however, my sales figures are documented and the rants of the other person are just that, rants.

Well, time to get the Mustang ready to take a road trip this weekend. South Beach is lovely at this time of year.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Former Volt Owner wrote:
Things are not looking too good for the Volt, despite incentives with down payments and sticker price Volt sales are down a good bit from th 2012 numbers. Total Volt sales for the first nine moths of this year are at about 16760 units. When broen down ths represents about 1,873 per month or about 38 cars per state per month sold per month. The Leaf has now passed the volt in 2013 as far as sales and things do not look good for future sales of the Volt. I guess when potential buyers add the positives and negatives of the Volt they are looking elsewere for a car purchase.
I know that there will be at least one person who will come on here and tell how his son gets thousands of miles per drop of gas, however, my sales figures are documented and the rants of the other person are just that, rants.
Well, time to get the Mustang ready to take a road trip this weekend. South Beach is lovely at this time of year.
You should appreciate this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Doug wrote:
<quoted text>As we have become more "accepting", we have had more behavioral problems and more social pathologies. Guidance sometimes involves *not* accepting things. If my kid wants to jerk off in public I am not going to "accept" that.
Kids need boundaries, without them they can easily lose their way. The inner cities are filled with kids who are doing whatever they please. The results have been tragic.
This parent may have thought long and hard but how do you consider all of the factors unless you talk to your child?
These liberal types are all the same. Dressing little boys up like girls, taking winners away from sports and accepting obama the liar. It's a twelve step process.
Pete

Hudsonville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Root wrote:
<quoted text>These liberal types are all the same. Dressing little boys up like girls, taking winners away from sports and accepting obama the liar. It's a twelve step process.
Wifey says:
You would know...

after all you and jj nonads carried pocket books all threw middle school...

untill ya quit.

Too Funny.
Former Volt Owner

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Root wrote:
<quoted text>You should appreciate this..
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
That would concern me win what way? Does it reference a Volt? A Mustang? South Beach? Perhaps it is you who appreciates it?
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Tell andy I said hi. Lol
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Former Volt Owner wrote:
<quoted text>
What did I learn? I obviously made the gas engine statement because turning the heater or AC on shortens the time you can run the Volt total Electric. Your engineer did nothing or say anything that would dispute the fact that the electric drive engine, heat and AC all pull power from the same sourse. With this in mind any electric drag will reduce the total electric running time.
Oh, before I forget, did you ever learn the difference in Kelly Blue Book trade in value and resale price of a used car?
As for you stating that the Kelly Blue Book had the Volt as the electric vehicle that retained the most value, what difference does that make. That is like the mayor of midget land telling the tallest midget how tall he is and he sould try out for the L.A. Lakers.
No ... you said that the gas generator comes on every time the heat or the AC is activated.

I quote you.

"Documentation has the Volt at a 40Mile rage electric and the gas engine comes on every time the heat or AC is actvated."

comment 7222, page 332.

Don't you hate it when your words come back to bite you?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Former Volt Owner wrote:
<quoted text>
What did I learn? I obviously made the gas engine statement because turning the heater or AC on shortens the time you can run the Volt total Electric. Your engineer did nothing or say anything that would dispute the fact that the electric drive engine, heat and AC all pull power from the same sourse. With this in mind any electric drag will reduce the total electric running time.
Oh, before I forget, did you ever learn the difference in Kelly Blue Book trade in value and resale price of a used car?
As for you stating that the Kelly Blue Book had the Volt as the electric vehicle that retained the most value, what difference does that make. That is like the mayor of midget land telling the tallest midget how tall he is and he sould try out for the L.A. Lakers.
And just in case you didn't know .... when a used car, of any type, sells for a certain price, the trade in value demands a certain percentage of it.

Wouldn't that be foolish if a car owner would trade his / her car in for $10,000 just to have the dealership turn around and sell it for $27,000?

Do you actually expect us to believe that? Only a fool would trade his / her car in for less than half of what a used car is selling for on the lot. Any person with half a brain would just sell it themselves.

I showed you a link that has the average price of a 2 year old Volt at $27,500.

Show me a link that Kelly Blue Book states that the Volt is a trade in liability. I suspect that link is from 2010.

Prove me wrong.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Former Volt Owner wrote:
Guess you didn't read this:

http://www.buzzsmith.us/...

Enjoy the gas stations.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Root wrote:
<quoted text>These liberal types are all the same. Dressing little boys up like girls, taking winners away from sports and accepting obama the liar. It's a twelve step process.
Let's not politicize this forum. Remember?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Headline:

"GM: Chevy Volt Owners Averaging 1,000 Miles Between Gas Stops"

http://www.dailytech.com/GM+Chevy+Volt+Owners...
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

"Volt owners exceeding EPA electric-driving estimate"

From the link:

"The typical Volt owner who regularly charges the vehicle is going 900 miles between fill-ups of the gasoline engine that powers the Voltís on-board generator. That avoids about $1,300 a year at the pump. "

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/chevrolet/new...
Toyotarecallfuck

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Former Volt Owner wrote:
You sold your soul for an Elantra and now want people to believe you bought a mustang on hawk. What a jerkoff. Now go back to middle school and learn how to count. The leaf is still behind the Volt in sales for 2013 you breathing pos.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

You know what's funny? The dolt is still judging. As if anybody cares.

Dolt. Keep on judging. Keep us informed as to how childish you are.

By the way .... did you read my comment, 7261. You got caught in another lie.

This time you were quoted.

Liar, liar, pants on fire.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

The canadian hates America and American products. What the hell is he doing on this forum anyway?

Don't get him wrong. He likes the Volt.

Compared to Toranto's crack smoking mayor, the poo poo head is a slanderous liar.

Are all canadian's slanderous crack heads?
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Ah! We see the So Cal Volt Shill has posted more of his dopey accusations.

We don't know what his problem is, but we'll bet it's hard to pronounce.

We try to be nice to him, but it would be better if he would try being smarter.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

iluvmyVolt wrote:
The canadian hates America and American products. What the hell is he doing on this forum anyway?
Don't get him wrong. He likes the Volt.
Compared to Toranto's crack smoking mayor, the poo poo head is a slanderous liar.
Are all canadian's slanderous crack heads?
Not all Canadians are slanderous liars and they don't all smoke crack like the toronto drug mayor. I beleive the ones that dress boys in girl clothes are a minority also.

What the Canadians need is some positive reinforcement right now.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Root wrote:
<quoted text>Not all Canadians are slanderous liars and they don't all smoke crack like the toronto drug mayor. I beleive the ones that dress boys in girl clothes are a minority also.
What the Canadians need is some positive reinforcement right now.
No Canadians are slanderers or liars. That's very true.

We must not forget a few facts:

(1) Root is the only one here obsessed with the Toronto Mayor's problem. Nobody else seems to care much.

(2) Those posts about boys cross dressing are by a US resident, faking the Canadian's name.

(3) Positive reinforcement is only required for those who need it--some here should consider, ie, Root (and all his aliases), LuvmyVolt, to name a few.

Just sayin'.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 6,621 - 6,640 of9,204
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Autos Forum right now

Search the Autos Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Court favors disclosing anti-gay marriage donors 11 min lides 1,547
Like her or not, Danica Patrick still moves the... 18 hr Jorge 1
Junk My Car, Auto Salvage, Cash for Cars, ... (Jan '12) Fri alley123 10
Craiglist/eBay scam (Mar '12) Jul 9 Chenelle 126
Obama won't wait for Congress on immigration Jul 8 Amigo 33
why Nissan Consult 3 always shows not compatible Jul 8 Enzo0527 1
toyota altis Jul 8 Tan 1
•••

Buy a New Car