Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11779 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Pete

Hudsonville, MI

#7258 Nov 12, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>These liberal types are all the same. Dressing little boys up like girls, taking winners away from sports and accepting obama the liar. It's a twelve step process.
Wifey says:
You would know...

after all you and jj nonads carried pocket books all threw middle school...

untill ya quit.

Too Funny.
Former Volt Owner

United States

#7259 Nov 12, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>You should appreciate this..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =G7UqXpQBpCcXX
That would concern me win what way? Does it reference a Volt? A Mustang? South Beach? Perhaps it is you who appreciates it?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7260 Nov 12, 2013
Tell andy I said hi. Lol
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7261 Nov 12, 2013
Former Volt Owner wrote:
<quoted text>
What did I learn? I obviously made the gas engine statement because turning the heater or AC on shortens the time you can run the Volt total Electric. Your engineer did nothing or say anything that would dispute the fact that the electric drive engine, heat and AC all pull power from the same sourse. With this in mind any electric drag will reduce the total electric running time.
Oh, before I forget, did you ever learn the difference in Kelly Blue Book trade in value and resale price of a used car?
As for you stating that the Kelly Blue Book had the Volt as the electric vehicle that retained the most value, what difference does that make. That is like the mayor of midget land telling the tallest midget how tall he is and he sould try out for the L.A. Lakers.
No ... you said that the gas generator comes on every time the heat or the AC is activated.

I quote you.

"Documentation has the Volt at a 40Mile rage electric and the gas engine comes on every time the heat or AC is actvated."

comment 7222, page 332.

Don't you hate it when your words come back to bite you?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7262 Nov 12, 2013
Former Volt Owner wrote:
<quoted text>
What did I learn? I obviously made the gas engine statement because turning the heater or AC on shortens the time you can run the Volt total Electric. Your engineer did nothing or say anything that would dispute the fact that the electric drive engine, heat and AC all pull power from the same sourse. With this in mind any electric drag will reduce the total electric running time.
Oh, before I forget, did you ever learn the difference in Kelly Blue Book trade in value and resale price of a used car?
As for you stating that the Kelly Blue Book had the Volt as the electric vehicle that retained the most value, what difference does that make. That is like the mayor of midget land telling the tallest midget how tall he is and he sould try out for the L.A. Lakers.
And just in case you didn't know .... when a used car, of any type, sells for a certain price, the trade in value demands a certain percentage of it.

Wouldn't that be foolish if a car owner would trade his / her car in for $10,000 just to have the dealership turn around and sell it for $27,000?

Do you actually expect us to believe that? Only a fool would trade his / her car in for less than half of what a used car is selling for on the lot. Any person with half a brain would just sell it themselves.

I showed you a link that has the average price of a 2 year old Volt at $27,500.

Show me a link that Kelly Blue Book states that the Volt is a trade in liability. I suspect that link is from 2010.

Prove me wrong.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7263 Nov 12, 2013
Former Volt Owner wrote:
Things are not looking too good for the Volt, despite incentives with down payments and sticker price Volt sales are down a good bit from th 2012 numbers. Total Volt sales for the first nine moths of this year are at about 16760 units. When broen down ths represents about 1,873 per month or about 38 cars per state per month sold per month. The Leaf has now passed the volt in 2013 as far as sales and things do not look good for future sales of the Volt. I guess when potential buyers add the positives and negatives of the Volt they are looking elsewere for a car purchase.
I know that there will be at least one person who will come on here and tell how his son gets thousands of miles per drop of gas, however, my sales figures are documented and the rants of the other person are just that, rants.
Well, time to get the Mustang ready to take a road trip this weekend. South Beach is lovely at this time of year.
Guess you didn't read this:

http://www.buzzsmith.us/...

Enjoy the gas stations.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7264 Nov 12, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>These liberal types are all the same. Dressing little boys up like girls, taking winners away from sports and accepting obama the liar. It's a twelve step process.
Let's not politicize this forum. Remember?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7266 Nov 12, 2013
Headline:

"GM: Chevy Volt Owners Averaging 1,000 Miles Between Gas Stops"

http://www.dailytech.com/GM+Chevy+Volt+Owners...
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7267 Nov 12, 2013
"Volt owners exceeding EPA electric-driving estimate"

From the link:

"The typical Volt owner who regularly charges the vehicle is going 900 miles between fill-ups of the gasoline engine that powers the Voltís on-board generator. That avoids about $1,300 a year at the pump. "

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/chevrolet/new...
Toyotarecallfuck

United States

#7268 Nov 12, 2013
Former Volt Owner wrote:
Things are not looking too good for the Volt, despite incentives with down payments and sticker price Volt sales are down a good bit from th 2012 numbers. Total Volt sales for the first nine moths of this year are at about 16760 units. When broen down ths represents about 1,873 per month or about 38 cars per state per month sold per month. The Leaf has now passed the volt in 2013 as far as sales and things do not look good for future sales of the Volt. I guess when potential buyers add the positives and negatives of the Volt they are looking elsewere for a car purchase.
I know that there will be at least one person who will come on here and tell how his son gets thousands of miles per drop of gas, however, my sales figures are documented and the rants of the other person are just that, rants.
Well, time to get the Mustang ready to take a road trip this weekend. South Beach is lovely at this time of year.
You sold your soul for an Elantra and now want people to believe you bought a mustang on hawk. What a jerkoff. Now go back to middle school and learn how to count. The leaf is still behind the Volt in sales for 2013 you breathing pos.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7269 Nov 12, 2013
You know what's funny? The dolt is still judging. As if anybody cares.

Dolt. Keep on judging. Keep us informed as to how childish you are.

By the way .... did you read my comment, 7261. You got caught in another lie.

This time you were quoted.

Liar, liar, pants on fire.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7270 Nov 12, 2013
The canadian hates America and American products. What the hell is he doing on this forum anyway?

Don't get him wrong. He likes the Volt.

Compared to Toranto's crack smoking mayor, the poo poo head is a slanderous liar.

Are all canadian's slanderous crack heads?
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7271 Nov 13, 2013
Ah! We see the So Cal Volt Shill has posted more of his dopey accusations.

We don't know what his problem is, but we'll bet it's hard to pronounce.

We try to be nice to him, but it would be better if he would try being smarter.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7272 Nov 13, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
The canadian hates America and American products. What the hell is he doing on this forum anyway?
Don't get him wrong. He likes the Volt.
Compared to Toranto's crack smoking mayor, the poo poo head is a slanderous liar.
Are all canadian's slanderous crack heads?
Not all Canadians are slanderous liars and they don't all smoke crack like the toronto drug mayor. I beleive the ones that dress boys in girl clothes are a minority also.

What the Canadians need is some positive reinforcement right now.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7273 Nov 13, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Not all Canadians are slanderous liars and they don't all smoke crack like the toronto drug mayor. I beleive the ones that dress boys in girl clothes are a minority also.
What the Canadians need is some positive reinforcement right now.
No Canadians are slanderers or liars. That's very true.

We must not forget a few facts:

(1) Root is the only one here obsessed with the Toronto Mayor's problem. Nobody else seems to care much.

(2) Those posts about boys cross dressing are by a US resident, faking the Canadian's name.

(3) Positive reinforcement is only required for those who need it--some here should consider, ie, Root (and all his aliases), LuvmyVolt, to name a few.

Just sayin'.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7274 Nov 13, 2013
You are a good person and you are strong, you can make it. At this time I offer the same advice to all Canadians, all Canadian cross dressers, transgender, scandalous drug mayors and liars to step up and understand you are people too and help is available. We as Americans stand strong and lend not only protection but positive reinforcement to those in need and will continue to do so. Stand strong Canada.

Volt is still number one. Hopefully we can see the Prius plugin or the Leaf move up to that position before the outgoing Volt is replaced by the new model.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7275 Nov 13, 2013
Root wrote:
You are a good person and you are strong, you can make it. At this time I offer the same advice to all Canadians, all Canadian cross dressers, transgender, scandalous drug mayors and liars to step up and understand you are people too and help is available. We as Americans stand strong and lend not only protection but positive reinforcement to those in need and will continue to do so. Stand strong Canada.
Volt is still number one. Hopefully we can see the Prius plugin or the Leaf move up to that position before the outgoing Volt is replaced by the new model.
In spite of the spiteful, insulting, envious,and childish attacks by a few misguided American misfits herein....(example--the post above).....
Canadians will continue to support our good friends and neighbours to the south in their time of need.
We have all the resources--oil, natural gas, clean water, fresh air, health care that works, rock solid economy, good beer, and great hockey players.
We wish the majority of American people well.

And we sincerely hope the less than expected Volt sales results to date will improve...especially now that strong competition has entered the field.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7276 Nov 13, 2013
Now that we know and agree the Volt is the reigning sales champ year after year, maybe we can see one of the competitors take the title as the Volt winds down its initial run. Great times ahead for the other competitors finally getting their act together.

Canada is a great place and positive reinforcement is best at this time. No drug mayor can bring it down.
Poo poo

Livonia, MI

#7277 Nov 13, 2013
Root wrote:
Now that we know and agree the Volt is the reigning sales champ year after year, maybe we can see one of the competitors take the title as the Volt winds down its initial run. Great times ahead for the other competitors finally getting their act together.
Canada is a great place and positive reinforcement is best at this time. No drug mayor can bring it down.
Yea we all know obamamobile is the reigning subsidy queen...

As a matter of fact it left taxpayer $15BILLIon$ in the hole just last month.

Does anyone still wonder just where that $85B$ a month goes.

I guess not.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7278 Nov 13, 2013
Canada is indeed a great country, well liked, a friend to all countries, and envied by many.
In spite of the hateful accusations by some, Canadians bear no resentment to those who post their vitriol here.
We simply chalk it up to envy, adolescent retadation, and bad manners

Now that the EV market has added some very worthy competition to the sector, Volt, which had it mostly to itself since inception, will undoubtedly feel the pinch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is the most reliable engine ever made? (Aug '08) 2 min Retired Master Tech 215
More toyota Junk (Jun '07) Jan 12 Canada Rocks 338
Lonsdor K518ise key programmer Free update Ė Fiat Jan 11 lanny717 1
News Tony Stewart's Having A Rough Few Weeks Jan 11 AgreePhart 124
News The 2018 Mazda 3 May Have The Best No-Bullshit ... Jan 11 Autoboner 2
VVDI2 Full version and SMOK which is better Jan 10 Ambrosio 1
XTOOL X-100 PAD Tablet Key Programmer (Nov '15) Jan 10 jimmyLIN 22
More from around the web