Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 10534 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7236 Nov 10, 2013
Hey dolt. This is the list of all the cars that qualify for the tax credits.

A tax credit is money given back to the taxpayer. Not your dime.

http://www.edmunds.com/fuel-economy/car-tax-c...
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7237 Nov 11, 2013
We see the "Fake Beagle" is still alive and well. Joke's on that idiot!
That said, I'd like to pose a few questions:

(1) Can anyone trust the YouTube/Facebook "evidence" offered by some here and being touted as gospel, when every court in the land considers it worthless, anecdotal, and hearsay?

(2) Albeit, electric cars have some advantages (and disadvantages), yet one glaring issue has yet to be resolved. Given they use little or no gasoline, owners pay no road tax.
So, are owners of electrics getting freebies at the expense of conventional car owners?

(3) Can LuvMyVolt's calculated fiscal "evidence" for his claimed savings stand the test of scrutiny?
Not too many of them seem logical to me--too many inconsistencies and wild assumptions in my opinion.
No doubt electrics are in some ways more cost effective than gassers, but many of his calculations don't make sense.

(4) What's the real skinny about depreciation and resale values for Volt?

Enough for now--More later.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7238 Nov 11, 2013
To clarify one point which seems to be misrepresented by some..

About these "Tax Credits" offered by the State and Federal Govts.
Tax Credits are just another form of Subsidy.
They are revenue the Govt would ordinarily expect which it gives back.
A Subsidy which comes in through the back door.
Money that comes from taxpayers, but in a different way.
Poo poo

Grand Rapids, MI

#7239 Nov 11, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Huh...

Only those with credit scores of 500 or less buy domesttics...

And only dealers buy obsmamobiles.

What's to say.
Poo poo

Grand Rapids, MI

#7240 Nov 11, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
And that's not to mention that dealers are subsidized buyers.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7241 Nov 11, 2013
Former Volt Owner wrote:
<quoted text>
This little man of questionable intellegence is very funny, he wants me to show documentation for a statement I made and he has made over 100 post on this thread about his son e-mailing him statements or about what other u-tube idiots have to say. Perhaps he could quote Kelley Blue Book, Chevy MSRP retail prices or anything documented by real world test done by accepted groups.
Last, this little man exposes his ignorance, yet again, when I reference Kelly Blue Book trade in values of a volt and he states I am wrong because used volts have sold for more. Somebody please teach him the difference between trade in value and retail price on used cars. It is obvious that this one has never gone beyond High School
Very fitting..

Root

Shreveport, LA

#7242 Nov 11, 2013
Doug wrote:
<quoted text>How is it smart to let your kids indulge in any behavior THEY see fit? They're kids, they need guidance.
Agree 100%, Leagal Beagle should not let his children dress like girls, costume or not.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7243 Nov 11, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Agree 100%, Leagal Beagle should not let his children dress like girls, costume or not.
b

The Fake Beagle sure has you fooled!
Doug

Miami, FL

#7244 Nov 11, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Agree 100%, Leagal Beagle should not let his children dress like girls, costume or not.
I am not necessarily in support of reprogramming sexual preferences, there is no need for that unless the preference is unwanted and the person wants to change by their own choice. In this situation, a child has no way to make those decisions especially if a parent lets this ride. The parent should be responsible for not questioning that choice.
I don't see anything wrong with asking a very young child, who is obviously not mature enough to understand gender or sexual matters, why he prefers to cross dress. This is how a conversation should start.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7245 Nov 11, 2013
Doug wrote:
<quoted text>I am not necessarily in support of reprogramming sexual preferences, there is no need for that unless the preference is unwanted and the person wants to change by their own choice. In this situation, a child has no way to make those decisions especially if a parent lets this ride. The parent should be responsible for not questioning that choice.
I don't see anything wrong with asking a very young child, who is obviously not mature enough to understand gender or sexual matters, why he prefers to cross dress. This is how a conversation should start.
Reprogramming is precisely where it should start. First with the parent and then with the child. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the father being gay or a gender bender is automatically going to turn the child gay but don't you think the probability is higher in a case like this? Go back to the Heather has two mommies scenario.
Former Volt Owner

United States

#7246 Nov 11, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Very fitting..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =OvSM8Pt3CuQXX
And that pertains to the Volt, HOW?
Former Volt Owner

United States

#7247 Nov 11, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go, dolt. This is Volt Chief Engineer, Andrew Farah stating that Volt owners can go gasoline-free electric driving, even in the harshest winter weather.
From the link:
“Volt engineers spent many frigid weeks in places like Kapuskasing, Ontario and Fairbanks, Alaska testing and calibrating the climate control system to make sure that drivers and passengers remain comfortable while still enjoying plenty of gasoline-free electric driving even in the harshest winter weather” said Farah.
http://macsworldwide.wordpress.com/2011/01/21...
As explained to you earlier, the gasoline engine will come on, even when the battery has a charge, when in sub zero weather. This is not done to heat the cabin. It is done to heat the main battery coolant. If the temperature is not sub zero, the gasoline engine does not come on until the battery is depleted. Even when the heater is turned on.
You see ... you learned something.
And by the way, those idiots on YouTube are at least documenting the truth. Unlike your truth, which has yet to ever be documented.
What did I learn? I obviously made the gas engine statement because turning the heater or AC on shortens the time you can run the Volt total Electric. Your engineer did nothing or say anything that would dispute the fact that the electric drive engine, heat and AC all pull power from the same sourse. With this in mind any electric drag will reduce the total electric running time.

Oh, before I forget, did you ever learn the difference in Kelly Blue Book trade in value and resale price of a used car?

As for you stating that the Kelly Blue Book had the Volt as the electric vehicle that retained the most value, what difference does that make. That is like the mayor of midget land telling the tallest midget how tall he is and he sould try out for the L.A. Lakers.
Marco

Madrid, Spain

#7248 Nov 11, 2013
Doug wrote:
<quoted text>I am not necessarily in support of reprogramming sexual preferences, there is no need for that unless the preference is unwanted and the person wants to change by their own choice. In this situation, a child has no way to make those decisions especially if a parent lets this ride. The parent should be responsible for not questioning that choice.
I don't see what all the fuss is about. What difference does it make if a boy wants to wear things that are supposedly for girls? How is that failing at parenting? If a girl wears a boy's costume nobody flips their lid, because oh hey, it's ok to be a boy, right? I want to know why being a girl or wearing/playing with girl signifiers is so abject and shameful, such a desecration of male identity that parents would be ashamed or concerned if their son wanted to wear something pink and sparkly!

I agree that gender identity is innate. But gender demarcators themselves are social constructions. Two hundred and fifty years ago men wore heels, rouge, bows, lace, and the colour pink. George Washington wore lacey shirts and heels... I mean, C'mon. Gender binaries are for cave people.

“Dirty Canada”

Since: Oct 13

Richmond Hill, Canada

#7249 Nov 11, 2013
If my young nephew wants to dress in girl costumes that is fine wth me. He looks handsome in it.

“Dirty Canada”

Since: Oct 13

Richmond Hill, Canada

#7250 Nov 11, 2013
Former Volt Owner wrote:
<quoted text>
What did I learn? I obviously made the gas engine statement because turning the heater or AC on shortens the time you can run the Volt total Electric. Your engineer did nothing or say anything that would dispute the fact that the electric drive engine, heat and AC all pull power from the same sourse. With this in mind any electric drag will reduce the total electric running time.
Oh, before I forget, did you ever learn the difference in Kelly Blue Book trade in value and resale price of a used car?
As for you stating that the Kelly Blue Book had the Volt as the electric vehicle that retained the most value, what difference does that make. That is like the mayor of midget land telling the tallest midget how tall he is and he sould try out for the L.A. Lakers.
Lets hook up again.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7251 Nov 11, 2013
The Fake Beagle is still at it.
IP Spoofing is his fantasy.
Wonder if he'll keep doing it when he grows up.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7252 Nov 11, 2013
The Fake Beagle's got Root fooled.
On second thought---it's Root himself doing it!!!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7253 Nov 12, 2013
Marco wrote:
<quoted text>I don't see what all the fuss is about. What difference does it make if a boy wants to wear things that are supposedly for girls? How is that failing at parenting? If a girl wears a boy's costume nobody flips their lid, because oh hey, it's ok to be a boy, right? I want to know why being a girl or wearing/playing with girl signifiers is so abject and shameful, such a desecration of male identity that parents would be ashamed or concerned if their son wanted to wear something pink and sparkly!
I agree that gender identity is innate. But gender demarcators themselves are social constructions. Two hundred and fifty years ago men wore heels, rouge, bows, lace, and the colour pink. George Washington wore lacey shirts and heels... I mean, C'mon. Gender binaries are for cave people.
People like you are the problem. Easy breasy living and letting things go is not the answer. Young people cross dressing is unacceptable.
Doug

Miami, FL

#7254 Nov 12, 2013
Marco wrote:
<quoted text>I don't see what all the fuss is about. What difference does it make if a boy wants to wear things that are supposedly for girls? How is that failing at parenting? If a girl wears a boy's costume nobody flips their lid, because oh hey, it's ok to be a boy, right? I want to know why being a girl or wearing/playing with girl signifiers is so abject and shameful, such a desecration of male identity that parents would be ashamed or concerned if their son wanted to wear something pink and sparkly!
As we have become more "accepting", we have had more behavioral problems and more social pathologies. Guidance sometimes involves *not* accepting things. If my kid wants to jerk off in public I am not going to "accept" that.
Kids need boundaries, without them they can easily lose their way. The inner cities are filled with kids who are doing whatever they please. The results have been tragic.
This parent may have thought long and hard but how do you consider all of the factors unless you talk to your child?
Former Volt Owner

United States

#7255 Nov 12, 2013
Things are not looking too good for the Volt, despite incentives with down payments and sticker price Volt sales are down a good bit from th 2012 numbers. Total Volt sales for the first nine moths of this year are at about 16760 units. When broen down ths represents about 1,873 per month or about 38 cars per state per month sold per month. The Leaf has now passed the volt in 2013 as far as sales and things do not look good for future sales of the Volt. I guess when potential buyers add the positives and negatives of the Volt they are looking elsewere for a car purchase.

I know that there will be at least one person who will come on here and tell how his son gets thousands of miles per drop of gas, however, my sales figures are documented and the rants of the other person are just that, rants.

Well, time to get the Mustang ready to take a road trip this weekend. South Beach is lovely at this time of year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Junk My Car, Auto Salvage, Cash for Cars, ... (Jan '12) Fri jstrong196 21
News Vacaville residents concerned about chromium le... Aug 27 Birds Landing Bob 7
News Acura NSX will use Cosworth block, plus other n... Aug 27 Daniel Edgar Sickles 2
Best solution for car computing parts Aug 27 Autopcms 1
Craiglist/eBay scam (Mar '12) Aug 26 Phillip123 145
North West Autos Blackburn Reviews for Used Cars (Feb '15) Aug 26 Gar ick 2
News Should You Buy a New Harley Davidson (Nov '07) Aug 25 Phillip123 555
More from around the web