Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11785 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7134 Oct 20, 2013
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7135 Oct 20, 2013
We know The Great Grandstander lives in California (or says he does).
Maybe that's why he reminds me of a younger dumber Arnold Schwartzanegger.
I try to make fun of him, but it always seems to take him at least a day to figure it out and post a comeback.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7136 Oct 20, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
My great day was actually several days.
When I closed traps on someone was deeply involved in IT Spoofing.
Caught Root red handed. Three times.
Three different times, three different geographic locations, all using my name or a vulgar interpretation of my name.
Naughty, naughty, Root!
So much for Root's integrity in these forums!!
My son is a system's engineer. He works security and main frame set up and maintenance, along with many other responsibilities.

He said what you said is poo poo. Once again. He said that he may be able to figure out a way to do it ... but he doubts that you can.

But I told him that you are a genius and that you could be the best system's engineer there is if you wanted to.

So, he said ... OK ... maybe Mr. poo poo head can do it.

And even though he makes this salary:

http://www.indeed.com/salary/q-Senior-System-...

He still loves saving money with his Volt.$340 a month.

But I know that isn't anything compared to your $2.8 million business that is shaking up the world.

Is that where you met your imaginary former Volt owner friend .... oh voice of reality?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7137 Oct 20, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
We know The Great Grandstander lives in California (or says he does).
Maybe that's why he reminds me of a younger dumber Arnold Schwartzanegger.
I try to make fun of him, but it always seems to take him at least a day to figure it out and post a comeback.
Duh ... Arnold is out. Duh.

And duh ... Ontario's debt is larger than California's.

“California has been roundly criticized by news media and the financial markets for its inability to control spending and reduce deficits. Yet Ontario, with a fraction of California’s population and a significantly smaller economy, is carrying a debt load almost two-thirds larger than California,”

http://www.fraserinstitute.org/research-news/...

Quit trying ... poo poo head. You're over matched.
Canada Poo Poo Head

United States

#7138 Oct 20, 2013
Poo poo head got his ass handed to him again.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7139 Oct 21, 2013
Some advice for Luvmyvolt (and his IP Spoofer associate)

You may consider me a fool.
But keep this in mind.....
Fools like me may ask more questions than wise men can answer, but it doesn't keep fools like you from answering them.
Chew on that for a while.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7140 Oct 21, 2013
Canada Poo Poo Head wrote:
Poo poo head got his ass handed to him again.
Unfortunately, that's a price one pays when dealing with idiots.
They'll beat you with experience every time!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7141 Oct 21, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know what makes pre-March 2012 Volt owners pissed? Well ... not pissed, but asking ... wtf?
The Prius plug in gets the commuter land sticker regardless if there is only one person in the car and the pre-march 2012 Volts don't.
Because ... the EPA goes by mpge. That means .. the Prius plug in is more efficient per kwh. Great.
But it can only go 10 to 11 miles total. Not only that, even if they have E left when they get on the freeway ... once they go over 62 mph, they go to gas.
My Volt can go 40 - 45 miles electric on the freeway. But it is not as efficient per kwh.
The EPA is stupid. The Prius plug in can't use electric on the freeway and gets the sticker!!!
Oh well ... the Prius plug in is a gas hog. I couldn't afford it as it costs more than a 2014 Volt.
Who would buy such a thing? the 2014 Volt also gets the sticker.
It's still surprising that the Volt is rated at 50 miles and the prius counterpart can only manage 11.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7142 Oct 21, 2013
What's a pleasant surprise is that the Prius Plug-In is priced at $10,000 less than Volt.
Comparing Volt to the Prius is like comparing an SUV to an Econobox.
Different cars, different prices, different purposes.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7143 Oct 21, 2013
And it can't even get rated over 11 miles on a charge.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7144 Oct 21, 2013
Root wrote:
And it can't even get rated over 11 miles on a charge.
It wasn't intended to.
No more than a Volt was intended to tow RVs.
Prius was intended for a certain market segment.
But you should know that, and not be comparing apples to oranges.

“Dirty Canada”

Since: Oct 13

Richmond Hill, Canada

#7145 Oct 21, 2013
We know The Great Grandstander lives in Canada (or says he does).
Maybe that's why he reminds me of a younger dumber Canadian like myself.
He tries to make fun of me and I get mad. A day later I figure it out and feel like a poo poo head.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7146 Oct 21, 2013
The Fake Beagle considers me a threat, and does his IP Spoofing thing.
But I enjoy the notoriety!
And I chuckle, every time he posts.
Great publicity!!
Is he doing himself a favour, or me?
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7147 Oct 21, 2013
To The Fake Beagle:

Keep up the great work.
You are doing me a great favour.
You see, what you're doing is the sincerest form of flattery.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7148 Oct 21, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't intended to.
No more than a Volt was intended to tow RVs.
Prius was intended for a certain market segment.
But you should know that, and not be comparing apples to oranges.
Don't "pooh pooh your situation any further than you already have. It's perfectly normal to compare the two. Now if you tried to compare a elantras to a plugin well, that wouldn't work.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7149 Oct 21, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Don't "pooh pooh your situation any further than you already have. It's perfectly normal to compare the two. Now if you tried to compare a elantras to a plugin well, that wouldn't work.
I agree they're both plug ins. The comparison ends there.
They're each in different price and utility categories.
Volt is essentially a "Luxury", high end product with a lot of bells and whistles.
Prius is more of a "basic transportation" product, much more low end.
It's like comparing a Corolla to a Lexus.
They more or less work the same way, but each has its own niche.
Suggesting one is somehow "Better" or "Worse" than the other isn't being objective nor is it being fair.
My basic transportation is a pickup, and my wife's is a luxury car.
Is one any "Better" or "Worse" than the other?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7150 Oct 21, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
What's a pleasant surprise is that the Prius Plug-In is priced at $10,000 less than Volt.
Comparing Volt to the Prius is like comparing an SUV to an Econobox.
Different cars, different prices, different purposes.
Prius plug in msrp is $32,000

https://www.google.com/cars/... #!search&Make_S=Toyota &Model_S=Toyota_Prius+Plug -in&Zipcode_S=95051&Us er+Distance_D=25&tab_S=car _inventory&si=0&tknid= 1727807607

Chevy Volt msrp is $34,185

http://www.chevrolet.com/volt-electric-car.ht...

Both before credits.

Once again ... slinging poo poo.

The Volt will eat up that $2,000 in less than 1 year because the Prius plug in can't go over 60 mph and stay in electric mode.

I can go 70, to and from an Oakland A's game and get 96 mph combined. The Prius plug in can only get 50 mph at best because it can't stay in electric.

Keep trying though. I love shooting you down.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7151 Oct 21, 2013
Oops, make that $33,000 for the Prius. Only $1,185 difference in price.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7152 Oct 21, 2013
I can go 70, to and from an Oakland A's game and get 96 mph combined. The Prius plug in can only get 50 mph at best because it can't stay in electric

make that mpg. sheeeesh
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7153 Oct 21, 2013
The poo poo head has made up Volt "realities" in his head and his groupie, the cruzer, runs with them because he thinks the poo poo head is an automotive genius.

Case in point. The poo poo head recently made up a Volt "fact" about the use of premium gas. In his mind, he figured that premium gas must be used because the "engine" (not) is weak.

First of all, in the automotive world, weak engines can not use premium gas because of the higher combustion level. Engines that use premium are built to withstand those forces.

But mainly, he doesn't stop to ponder this:

The engineers at GM had 10 years to figure out the poo poo heads "flaw". If poo poo was correct, don't you think the engineers would have corrected this in those 10 years?

How ludicrous is that train of thought? Very. Not only did the brilliant engineers think about it, they programed the car to consider a driver using regular gas.

From the article:

"Premium gas will maximize the fuel economy when the engine is used, GM powertrain spokesman Tom Read said. In an emergency, regular gas can be used on the Volt, but fuel economy will be compromised, and the engine may become noisier. The Volt’s engine computer will detect the octane change and retard ignition timing".

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2010/08/do...

The car will retard ignition timing ... automatically!!! Poo poo not only has it wrong, he has it unimaginatively wrong. He ponders, searching for a negative explanation, then settles for the worst case scenario.

Putting it another way ... he would have been fired on the first day should the GM team have accidentally hired him as a Volt team member.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best Price MDI for GM Scan Tool Apr 20 Ziluo88 1
Best Quality GM Tech2 GM Scanner Apr 20 Ziluo88 1
News NASCAR crew chief preaches 'perspective' after ... Apr 20 YouPhartse 5
What do you think of the new Lambo SUV? The Urus. Apr 20 dasiener 2
Buying our son a brand-new car Apr 18 tonydavis13 1
Original AUTEL MaxiSYS MS906TS Auto Obd2 Scanne... Apr 16 Ziluo88 1
News Mercedes-Benz plans new Eq S electric sedan Apr 15 Solarman 1