Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 10481 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7112 Oct 20, 2013
The pro Volt contingent might get an abrupt wake up call one of these days.
Sooner or later, parasitic governments are going to wake up to the fact that electric cars cause them to lose them billions in taxes.
Wouldn't surprise me to see Governments starting to tax miles driven instead of fuel used in the future
Watch the crybabies come out of the woodwork then!!
Canadian Poo Poo Head

United States

#7113 Oct 20, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
You poor uneducated person. You don't even know that the Volt didn't get a dime of the subsidies.
GM got the subsidies for any car that it manufactures that is a plug in. That also means the ELR, the Spark, Via motors and the Volt.
Those taxes signed in by G. Bush in 1992. There have been no more taxes collected since for those subsidies.
And by the way ... every other manufacturer making plug ins also gets a piece of that subsidy.
In the mean time, the average gas car driver has reaped over $6,000 in subsidy savings at the pump. My Volt is at $12.
I am focused. I am on topic.
A challenge. Prove me wrong. Telling a lie loud enough and long enough doesn't cut it around here.
Please provide links that prove that manufacturers of electric cars are still getting subsidies.
In the meantime, here is a link that proves that the total subsidies ... for every car manufacturer ... for every car ever built until the end of the world ... is only $6.5 billion. Your share? Were you old enough to pay taxes in 1992, you share would have been $28 if you made $50,000. That was a big salary in 1992.
http://www.foxnews.com/topics/taxes/electric-...
And by the way ... this is a Fox News web site.
Poo poo head is a slow learner.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7114 Oct 20, 2013
Canadian Poo Poo Head wrote:
<quoted text>Poo poo head is a slow learner.
You too.
Obviously you're blissfully unaware you've been busted.
Ignorance is bliss.
glox

Elmwood Park, IL

#7115 Oct 20, 2013
Root wrote:
Such a great car, I'm impressed with the people that can achieve 50 miles on a charge. What a complex machine. I bet if the prius counterpart wasn't rated at 11 miles it would sell better.
Right Rot, the Prius set a sales record for the most units sold in 15 minutes......ready Rot? They sold 18,000 units! The volt sold two units last quarter. Most people know the volt is out of juice and the ads are just makinh it worse ..all lies!!!!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7116 Oct 20, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
You too.
Obviously you're blissfully unaware you've been busted.
Ignorance is bliss.
Hey, I'm still waiting for your proof. Give me an IP, give me my location, hell if you had an IP you could get the neighborhood. How about the so called links you posted in June and July? Those non existent links you proclaim brought you to my IP in three different locals, where is the permalink so they can be confirmed? Sadly for you, you have none of the above nor will you ever because as you and I both know, you are full of it up to your eyeballs.

Now it's time to get back to thr Volt (unless you have at least one ball to post my so called IP address) which you and I both know you don't have. It was a great day when GM upped the spec of the Volt to 50 miles. I beleive if the prius counterpart wasn't rated at 11 miles they could have sold more, especially back in the early days.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7117 Oct 20, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, I'm still waiting for your proof. Give me an IP, give me my location, hell if you had an IP you could get the neighborhood. How about the so called links you posted in June and July? Those non existent links you proclaim brought you to my IP in three different locals, where is the permalink so they can be confirmed? Sadly for you, you have none of the above nor will you ever because as you and I both know, you are full of it up to your eyeballs.
Now it's time to get back to thr Volt (unless you have at least one ball to post my so called IP address) which you and I both know you don't have. It was a great day when GM upped the spec of the Volt to 50 miles. I beleive if the prius counterpart wasn't rated at 11 miles they could have sold more, especially back in the early days.
How it was done, and the results are my business alone.
I don't owe you any explanation.
If you doubt the authenticity, I could care less.
I know what the truth is, and that's good enough for me.
You were busted, and busted righteously pal!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7118 Oct 20, 2013
Just as I knew, more excuses and naturally you don't have anything. No IP no links from imaginary posts you made in June and July or any other thing your imaginary petite mind comes up with. Good grief if you need to lie at least make it believable.

Your time would be better spent by learning what spoofing actually is because itís certainly not used to fool a topix website. Of course your limited computer skills and laughable baseless allegations are enough to amuse even the slightest computer illiterate individual. Get more stuff off the innanet.

Volt is number one, gets up to 50 miles per charge, the batteries arenít going bad and itís blowing the doors off its prius counterpart. Get over it.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7119 Oct 20, 2013
Root wrote:
Just as I knew, more excuses and naturally you don't have anything. No IP no links from imaginary posts you made in June and July or any other thing your imaginary petite mind comes up with. Good grief if you need to lie at least make it believable.
Your time would be better spent by learning what spoofing actually is because itís certainly not used to fool a topix website. Of course your limited computer skills and laughable baseless allegations are enough to amuse even the slightest computer illiterate individual. Get more stuff off the innanet.
Volt is number one, gets up to 50 miles per charge, the batteries arenít going bad and itís blowing the doors off its prius counterpart. Get over it.
Fill you boots.
With intimidation attempts.
Believe whatever you wish.
I owe you nothing.
You're a fraud.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7120 Oct 20, 2013
I wonder if toyota's prius battery could be adjusted from 11 miles to 12 miles. This would be one mile closer to the Volt rating of 50 miles.
Over Priced Cruze

Trumbull, CT

#7121 Oct 20, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
2. The engine is not weak. Premium is used because the spark from premium is bigger than regular gas. Thus, more range is accomplished. The generator would run the Volt fine with regular. It just wouldn't be as efficient. The cost of using premium is made up by the efficiency of premium.
"Premium is used because the spark from premium is bigger than regular gas." What the hell are you babbling about now? Sounds like the combustion of gasoline as it relates to Octane ratings is another subject you are completely clueless about. Do some research and get back to us, LOL.

Stop with your dopey financial analysis, you sound like a fool. And bragging about squeezing another fraction of a mile out of your Volt; guys like you are just a public nuisance, and a danger to the motoring public!
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7122 Oct 20, 2013
Root wrote:
I wonder if toyota's prius battery could be adjusted from 11 miles to 12 miles. This would be one mile closer to the Volt rating of 50 miles.
IP Spoofers are basically frauds.
Those who take other's identity lose some of theirs.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7123 Oct 20, 2013
Over Priced Cruze wrote:
<quoted text>
"Premium is used because the spark from premium is bigger than regular gas." What the hell are you babbling about now? Sounds like the combustion of gasoline as it relates to Octane ratings is another subject you are completely clueless about. Do some research and get back to us, LOL.
Stop with your dopey financial analysis, you sound like a fool. And bragging about squeezing another fraction of a mile out of your Volt; guys like you are just a public nuisance, and a danger to the motoring public!
Ya got that right!!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7124 Oct 20, 2013
Fast burn..
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7125 Oct 20, 2013
Root wrote:
Fast burn..
Will be visiting your part of the world in about two weeks.
Looking forward to meeting you JJ.
We need to have a little talk.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7126 Oct 20, 2013
Lol what "geographic location" would that be friendly internet poster? Will you be in a class leading 50 mile on a charge rated Volt with only the good stuff (premium)?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7127 Oct 20, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
At your age, you shouldn't complain about others when the vast majority of your posts (like those of Root's) are silly and santimonious taunts, often accompanied with crude insults, and which contribute little of any consequence.
In other words, if you choose to post frivolous and vexatious drivel, stop preaching to others about sins you attribute to them.
Sorry if you find that irritating, but it's a reality.
You're as big a sinner as those you chastise.
You fail to realize that your sanctimonious conduct merely aggravates the situation.
Expecting all dialog to always be on your terms is unrealistic, and foolishly arrogant.
In spite of your persistent efforts to dominate, you're simply wasting your time.
You would be wise to heed this advice.
Poo poo head
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7128 Oct 20, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
Interesting news....
Bumped into that same chap I met last week who took his Volt to Florida and back.
He had said that his Volt was not the car to use for a long trip like that.
We were at the same pub, and he dropped by our table to say hello.
Asked him how the Volt was doing.
He said he traded the Volt for "something more useful"
Then he said: "Glad I got rid of that pig"!
Exact words.
By the way, why all the whinyposts by Great Grandstander!!
Over two pages of drool!!
Insecurity city!!!
Is the old fella trying to cover up for Root and his IP Spoofing tricks?
Sheeeeesh ... your other persona ... voice of reality ... was a better liar than this persona. And that persona sucked at lying. So, watch the video where the guy drove 79,000 miles in less than two year. There were quite a few gasoline miles on his car. Unlike you ... he doesn't lie. So ... even with all those gasoline miles ... he still saved $10,000 in two years. So, your imaginary friend never owned a Volt. And you know it.

Your imaginary friend didn't put on 79,000 miles in two years. This guy did. And he would never own another car.

Please ... poo poo head ... try to make your lies more palpable.

Poo poo head is a liar.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7129 Oct 20, 2013
Root wrote:
It was a great day when GM upped the Volt specs to 50 miles. If the prius counterpart got more then 11 miles it might have been able to compete with the Volt back in the early days.
Actually, I had a 46 mile day today ... but I'm tired of making videos for the poo poo head.

He doesn't watch them. He's "afeered" of facts. He reminds me of his other persona .... voice of reality.

Did you notice that this persona came back right after v.o.r. got deleted?

Coincidence? hmmmmm .... I don't think so.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7130 Oct 20, 2013
Root wrote:
Do you know what makes pre-March 2012 Volt owners pissed? Well ... not pissed, but asking ... wtf?

The Prius plug in gets the commuter land sticker regardless if there is only one person in the car and the pre-march 2012 Volts don't.

Because ... the EPA goes by mpge. That means .. the Prius plug in is more efficient per kwh. Great.

But it can only go 10 to 11 miles total. Not only that, even if they have E left when they get on the freeway ... once they go over 62 mph, they go to gas.

My Volt can go 40 - 45 miles electric on the freeway. But it is not as efficient per kwh.

The EPA is stupid. The Prius plug in can't use electric on the freeway and gets the sticker!!!

Oh well ... the Prius plug in is a gas hog. I couldn't afford it as it costs more than a 2014 Volt.

Who would buy such a thing? the 2014 Volt also gets the sticker.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7131 Oct 20, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya got that right!!
Agreeing with the clueless again? Poo poo head is angry because he can't find any links to prove his point.

Poo poo head whining.

Why the Volt uses premium. Once again. Try reading .. poo poo head. It may make you a little smarter. I know you won't ... but here is the link again. Your stupid remark about the "weak Volt engine" (proving that you believe that the generator drives the wheels) is just that ... stupid. Poo poo head stupid.

http://gm-volt.com/2010/07/30/why-the-volt-re...

Once again ... poo poo head ... the great engineers at BMW realized that they had been outdone by the great engineers at GM.

But it was too late ... there are 200 patents under the hood of the Volt that BMW had to overcome to make the i8. But ... from what I am seeing on the net ... they didn't overcome. They came close ... but the Volt is still the wonder of the automotive engineering world.

That is why BMW has such respect for it and why the SAE (the most respected group of automotive engineers) named the Volt Best Engineered Car.

Poor poo poo head. He can't stand being proved wrong. You know .. I almost feel sorry for you. Your comments as voice of reality were deleted, so now you have to watch your mouth. Frustrating ... eh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jeb Bush: Trump means 'to draw attention' 1 hr barefoot2626 24
Do you think that these are best solutions for ... Sat khalidtt 1
News Why don't we drive more electric vehicles? Sat Solarman 1
Craiglist/eBay scam (Mar '12) Jul 2 highasjoshgordon 142
Available To Get More Preferential MB SD C4 Plu... Jul 1 sodenie21 3
V143 Renault CAN Clip Download and Installation... Jul 1 sodenie21 3
mother needs desperate help after being mislead... Jun 30 mother of 2 1
More from around the web