Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11779 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7051 Oct 18, 2013
WWE CRASHCAR 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Volt is such a inexpensive car to operate why are the taxpayers being screwed every time one is sold? What a ripoff of honest taxpayers!
Good point.
Don't forget the massive bailout that GM got in 2009.
Taxpayers and Bondholders got royally screwed on that one too!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7052 Oct 18, 2013
The priusev is getting our tax dollars? Remember Adam 11, a bit of transparency from now and then will do wonders.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7053 Oct 18, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Cost of fuel for fuel cell. About $4.75 Best mpg for a fuel cell car ... 7.9 cents per mile.
On a bad day ... my Volt gets 2.9 cents per mile. 2.5 cents on good days and everything else is in between.
Fuel cells!!!!! You still have to go to the fuel station on top of that. I go home.
Volt gets 2.9 cents per mile on a mile and that's on a bad day? The Volt is just astonishing.
Canada Dog Pervert

United States

#7054 Oct 18, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Great Grandstander" accuses me of being someone else fairly often. Pathetic. Basically it's just another of his puny attempts to use guesswork and intimidate.
This time it's "Voice Of Reality" that I'm supposed to be.
He says he "Got "Voice of Reality" deleted.
Good news---his posts were beyond vulgar in my opinion.
Well, This Little Man is out to lunch in this instance just like he has been all along
For your information Little Man, here's the truth....
I have changed usernames from time to time, primarily because a few dimwits play game with them. That, I admit.
But,(now,read this slowly), "unlike those same dimwits, I have never (read "NEVER") changed my ISP location---Windsor, Canada".
You are completely wrong about your inferences that I posted as "Voice of Reality", and all those other names you attributed to me--"Dolt", etc.
I don't play those kinds of juvenile username games--unlike the dimwits who do regularly.
In fact, why not do what I have done and see for yourself what's going on here. You claim to be a tea leaf reading whiz, so that should be easy for you.
I popped a few "Hook" links in here back in June and July, then using a Query and Response Tool on some who clicked on those links, I learned who the culprits are who are playing those games--and where they live.
You would be surprised to know who you were dealing with (and still are) at the time.
Like I said to you once before..."Not everyone who disagrees with you is your enemy, and not everyone who agrees with you is your friend". Next time, heed that advice!!
Oh yes, one more thing---The "Voice of Reality" guy is a standalone person. He isn't one of the dimwits playing IP/Username games!
And I actually told him a couple of times that he was going too far in his posts!(If you're such an astute researcher--look it up)
Cheers.
You are Voice of Reality. What a douche. So all this time you really were the gay dog eater everybody expected you were.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7055 Oct 18, 2013
Canada Dog Pervert wrote:
<quoted text>You are Voice of Reality. What a douche. So all this time you really were the gay dog eater everybody expected you were.
Evidently you know all about ÌP Spoofing`!!!
You must be a bigger dimwit than previously thought, for you naively must think you`ve got everybody fooled.
You`re busted, dipstick!!
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7056 Oct 18, 2013
Root wrote:
The priusev is getting our tax dollars? Remember Adam 11, a bit of transparency from now and then will do wonders.
The only transparency I see around here is that breeze which appears to blow from your right ear and out the left one.

Yes, pretty much all the new EVs get a subsidy, but GM got a much bigger chunk of tax dollars than all the other carmakers combined.
And also took down a good many bondholders, plant closures, GM dealerships, GM employees, their pensions and benefits, not to mention a ton of 401Ks.
Their bankruptcy hurt a great many people, and then got a boatload of corporate welfare.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7057 Oct 18, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
The only transparency I see around here is that breeze which appears to blow from your right ear and out the left one.
Yes, pretty much all the new EVs get a subsidy, but GM got a much bigger chunk of tax dollars than all the other carmakers combined.
And also took down a good many bondholders, plant closures, GM dealerships, GM employees, their pensions and benefits, not to mention a ton of 401Ks.
Their bankruptcy hurt a great many people, and then got a boatload of corporate welfare.
RIP

In memoriam “The Hater” a man with many hats, silly arguments and deleted comments.

Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7058 Oct 18, 2013
Hail the old "Deflect and Divide" ploy.
I guess we'll have to consider this as Root's admission of culpability in the IP Spoofing strategy.
Darn--it's gotta be embarassing to be exposed.
I feel kinda bad that this has happened to you Root.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7059 Oct 18, 2013
Rest in peace dead troll..your postings and silly rants and accusations of anger have all been fraud. Yet you tried to pin it on others.“I posted links in June and July,” he exclaimed.
No you didn’t.
I know your IP address,” he moaned. No you don’t.
“I know where you live” he belched. No you don’t.
With one small whimper he yet again tries to peddle his unbelievable mess “IP Spoofing.”

You wanted to make a mockery of the forum and that’s all you ever wanted. Even after this, Volt still exceeds all others and you’re left to a few last ditch efforts to attempt one last face saving technique to justify your dirty “filthy” deeds and guess work. Dry the tears from your face and slowly rest your head.

Here Troll, I picked one you can relate to.

Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7060 Oct 18, 2013
Root wrote:
Rest in peace dead troll..your postings and silly rants and accusations of anger have all been fraud. Yet you tried to pin it on others.“I posted links in June and July,” he exclaimed.
No you didn’t.
I know your IP address,” he moaned. No you don’t.
“I know where you live” he belched. No you don’t.
With one small whimper he yet again tries to peddle his unbelievable mess “IP Spoofing.”
You wanted to make a mockery of the forum and that’s all you ever wanted. Even after this, Volt still exceeds all others and you’re left to a few last ditch efforts to attempt one last face saving technique to justify your dirty “filthy” deeds and guess work. Dry the tears from your face and slowly rest your head.
Here Troll, I picked one you can relate to.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =h6KYAVn8onsXX
Would it make you feel any more comfortable about being busted if your IP address appeared?
Face it Root, you got caught, and now it's all bluff and bluster trying to weasel out from under the truth.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7061 Oct 18, 2013
Back to your brige you evil troll. You have no powers here.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7062 Oct 18, 2013
Root wrote:
Not wielding power at all.
It's not about power Root.
Just being honest.
It's about exposing the fraud.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7063 Oct 18, 2013
Root wrote:
What's a "brige"?
Canada Dog Eating Pervert

United States

#7064 Oct 18, 2013
Root wrote:
I bet he drives a Prius and gets pissed off when the Volt's owners are so happy.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7065 Oct 18, 2013
Canada Dog Eating Pervert wrote:
<quoted text>I bet he drives a Prius and gets pissed off when the Volt's owners are so happy.
Don't know, don't care. I'm here to talk about cars and right now the Volt is doing quite well.
Leagle Beagle

Toronto, Canada

#7066 Oct 18, 2013
Canada Dog Eating Pervert wrote:
<quoted text>I bet he drives a Prius and gets pissed off when the Volt's owners are so happy.
I drive a great big hot rod.
Canada Dog Eating Pervert

United States

#7067 Oct 18, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>I drive a great big hot rod.
Why don't you drive that big hot rod up your buttocks you dog hater you.
Root

Romeoville, IL

#7068 Oct 18, 2013
Honestly, Iv only seen one Volt on the road, never met a owner. And, if they bought a volt their IQ is probably is low anyway!
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7069 Oct 18, 2013
Bumped into that same chap I met last week who took his Volt to Florida and back.
He had said that his Volt was not the car to use for a long trip like that.
We were at the same pub tonight, and he dropped by our table to say hello.
Asked him how the Volt was doing.
He said he traded the Volt for "something more useful"
Then he said: "Glad I got rid of that pig"!
Exact words.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7070 Oct 18, 2013
News flash to haters. The subsidies for the Volt were collected in 1992, when George Bush Sr. signed the law allowing subsidies for all electrics.

Do we have to go through that again? You childish people keep repeating the same lies over and over.

Did you know that since 1992, gas car drivers have received more than $6,000 in gas breaks at the pump via subsidies for big oil. That's every single gas car driver.

The subsidies for the Volt is at $12 per car and falling every time one is sold.

I can't stand liars.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Volvo 88890300 Vocom Interface PTT 2.03.20 for ... 2 hr uobd2 1
toyota recalls 850,000 trucks due to frame rot! (Apr '08) Jun 25 thomas sewell 212
original Xhorse VVDI MB BGA TOOL--- it's all here (Dec '15) Jun 25 question 3
News British Millennials: You've stolen our future Jun 25 Go Blue Forever 1
News Family of teen shot by cop settles lawsuit for ... Jun 24 Deb 6
Poll LINCOLN vs CADILLAC: Which is better??? (Jan '08) Jun 23 BIM GUY 246
V4.1 SuperOBD SKP900 update software download Jun 22 car-diagnostic-tool 2
More from around the web