Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11767 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Root

Shreveport, LA

#7031 Oct 17, 2013
How convenient, you fail to debate period as referenced in your last post and again imply blame. Trust me son, you aren't fooling anyone nor is your presence here asked to cease. Now I will tell you what would be nice and that is a bit of transparency on your part. My thought on your presence here, imo, is to change the subject at hand and disrupt the conversation. That is in fact the very definition of the word you like to label others with, that being troll. It seems very clear, especially after intentionally engaging you the last three days. While not trying to be mean, it seems as if you just need a response and really don't care to debate anything that doesn't suit you.
Canada Dog Pervert

United States

#7032 Oct 17, 2013
I am root from Shreveport and you are the dog eater. Do you roast your dog over hickory or Tesla?

“Dirty Canada”

Since: Oct 13

Richmond Hill, Canada

#7033 Oct 17, 2013
Face it Root, my Volt fetish gets your motor running. Fetish is just another one of my sexual ploys to excite.
Whenever I find myself behind in a debate (which happens so often!), I immediately put my panties on and resort to deflection tactics..

Deflection Tactic No. 1---play the "you're gay" card. I might be gay but thatís my free will.
Deflection Tactic No. 2---insult Americans. If you are a gay American I might be interested.
Deflection Tactic No. 3---eating Dog stories. I eat dogs and its my business.
Deflection Tactic No. 4---vulgar fantasies about Toronto that get me excited
Deflection Tactic No. 5---the Faux Username/ ISP charade. Yes I do.
Deflection Tactic No. 6---mimic the other guy's posts but change wording
And so on......

Predictability is my trademark.

I love you and I love the Volt.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7034 Oct 17, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
Face it Root, my Volt fetish gets your motor running. Fetish is just another one of my sexual ploys to excite.
Whenever I find myself behind in a debate (which happens so often!), I immediately put my panties on and resort to deflection tactics..
Deflection Tactic No. 1---play the "you're gay" card. I might be gay but thatís my free will.
Deflection Tactic No. 2---insult Americans. If you are a gay American I might be interested.
Deflection Tactic No. 3---eating Dog stories. I eat dogs and its my business.
Deflection Tactic No. 4---vulgar fantasies about Toronto that get me excited
Deflection Tactic No. 5---the Faux Username/ ISP charade. Yes I do.
Deflection Tactic No. 6---mimic the other guy's posts but change wording
And so on......
Predictability is my trademark.
I love you and I love the Volt.
The "Fake Beagle" tries very hard to intimidate.
But all he accomplishes is to give himself a bad name.
Try harder "Fake Beagle", what you"re doing so far just makes you look foolish.
Canada Dog Pervert

United States

#7035 Oct 17, 2013
Do the Canadians use lemon zest on the more tender cuts of dog?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7036 Oct 17, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Fake Beagle" tries very hard to intimidate.
But all he accomplishes is to give himself a bad name.
Try harder "Fake Beagle", what you"re doing so far just makes you look foolish.
Like Prometheus? aka ... you.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7037 Oct 17, 2013
Root wrote:
Seven posts and not one about the Volt. Got bluster?
I'm still waiting for his link to the site that told him that the Volt battery will fail in 4 to 5 years.

It's been about 4 pages now. I think it will be a long wait.

In fact, he has never posted anything about any car. Just slinging B.S. Unfortunately for him ... none of it is sticking.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7038 Oct 17, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Prometheus? aka ... you.
Big deal--you're barking up the wrong tree.
I freely admit using that name for a while.
And then I changed to another.
Something wrong with that?
The reason I changed then, and several other times as well, was to try and obstruct a couple of clowns who were cloning it.
My mistake, because the clowns simply cloned the next ones too.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7039 Oct 17, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm still waiting for his link to the site that told him that the Volt battery will fail in 4 to 5 years.
It's been about 4 pages now. I think it will be a long wait.
In fact, he has never posted anything about any car. Just slinging B.S. Unfortunately for him ... none of it is sticking.
Hey doofus, that was an opinion.
My opinion.
If you believe there is something wrong with it, then you'd better take a hard look at some of your impromptu and presumptuous remarks!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7040 Oct 17, 2013
Excellent advice:

"If you want my advice, the most damage we can do to people like this is to just walk away from these threads.
I was off for three months, and look what happened--the thread almost disappeared."

When are you going to disappear again? Soon, we hope. And the only reason why there are so few posts here is because your other persona ... voice of reality ... got deleted. That was about 1,000 posts. 320 odd pages and never find one link from you.

Just sling. Sling that doesn't stick.

Go back to your very first post ... mr. aka stop it .... negative. You've been negative ever since. I bet I could go through all
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7041 Oct 17, 2013
320 odd pages and never find one link. Not one. You're a pathetic little hater that love drama. That's why everybody labeled you as gay. Since your persona was deleted, we stopped that stuff.

I think we should take it up again. I hate calling you gay though because most gay folks are decent. I guess there are bad apples in every bunch.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7042 Oct 17, 2013
Real Beagle wrote:
Lithium Ion battery technology isn't foolproof by any means.
Today's EV batteries are without any doubt, the achilles heel for EV vehicles.
That weakness will be eliminated when Fuel Cell powered vehicles come on line.
Those interested in "green" vehicles would be wise to wait for that next gen technology.
By 2015, today's technology will be obsolete.
Fuel cell? Are you crazy? Do you know anything about what you post? Do you know what the infrastructure is for fuel cell?

My infrastructure is my wall plug. That's it you dope!!! And fuel cells will never get 150 mpg equivalent. So, just on that factor, they are already losers.

The best fuel cell cars today get 60 mpg.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/fcv_sbs.shtml

That is a major gas hog!!! And you have to put up with fuel cell technology. I plug in at night and get 140 mpg ... all day long.

Did you read any of those links to the future l.i. battery technology? Did you know that M.I.T has already developed a battery that can be charged in seconds and holds up to 100 times more power than current l.i. batteries? That technology is only about 10 years off. We are talking about cars with the sized battery as mine going 700 miles on a charge!!!

And while you wait ... you will spend another $20,000 on gas. You could have bought a Volt for $26,000 and never spent a penny on gas. You call me brainless? You can't even do simple math.

Fuel cells!! Sheeeeeesh
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7043 Oct 17, 2013
Most experts put fuel cell cars out another 7 - 10 years before they can make a profit.

However, their range will be that of today's plug in's. In 7 years plug in's will be way ahead of the game.

Big problems with fuel cell
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/fcv_challenges...

Cost of fuel

http://www.h2carblog.com/...
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7044 Oct 17, 2013
OK hater. My 2 year old Volt got a 45+ mile range today. That includes about 12 miles on the freeway.

I know you don't now this ... but electric cars get better mpg city than freeway. Just educatin' you.

35 miles driven and 10 miles left on the battery. And in case you didn't know ... and you don't ... the more you drive, the more range you pick up.

It's called regenerative actions. Try using your search function and educate thyself.

According to you, my Volt only gets 35 miles per charge and according to you, my Volt should only have about 75% of that left over, or 26 miles.

So ... I got 19 miles more than what you predict. Perhaps my battery is going to fail all in one day ... eh?

OK hater ... just educatin' you.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7045 Oct 17, 2013
Leagle Beagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey doofus, that was an opinion.
My opinion.
If you believe there is something wrong with it, then you'd better take a hard look at some of your impromptu and presumptuous remarks!
I reply with links to facts. They are not my opinion. Like battery expert Jack Rickard stating that Volt batteries will last at least 5,000 full charges.

All you say is "danger, danger, will smith ... Volt batteries will fail".

Big deal. Go back and find one presumptuous remark that I have made about the Volt.

About you ... probably yes. I may have called you a hater. I misspoke. You are a hater / jerk.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7046 Oct 17, 2013
For instance ... you said that my post about the Volt MSRP being as low as low as $26,600 in CA was some type of voodoo math.

Here is the MSRP:
http://www.chevrolet.com/volt-electric-car.ht...

The federal tax credit is up to $7,500

The CA tax credit is up to $2,500

https://energycenter.org/programs/clean-vehic...

So ... please come back and tell me how this is made up. I'm waiting for this and for the one about the battery failing in 4 to 5 years.

It's going to be a long wait.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#7047 Oct 17, 2013
Cost of fuel for fuel cell. About $4.75 Best mpg for a fuel cell car ... 7.9 cents per mile.

On a bad day ... my Volt gets 2.9 cents per mile. 2.5 cents on good days and everything else is in between.

Fuel cells!!!!! You still have to go to the fuel station on top of that. I go home.
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7048 Oct 18, 2013
To Luvmyvolt...
Based on your most recent two pages of whinypost vitriol, it's clear that you finally lost it. You went bananas this time.
Those posts weren't your usual "look at me I own a Volt and you don't".
Every one was a completely irrational rant.
You may have a problem.
Might want to seek professional counselling before it gets completely out of hand.
WWE CRASHCAR 2013

Trumbull, CT

#7049 Oct 18, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
The federal tax credit is up to $7,500

The CA tax credit is up to $2,500
If the Volt is such a inexpensive car to operate why are the taxpayers being screwed every time one is sold? What a ripoff of honest taxpayers!
Leagle Beagle

Windsor, Canada

#7050 Oct 18, 2013
[QUOTE who="iluvmyVolt"
"your other persona ... voice of reality ... got deleted. That was about 1,000 posts. 320 odd pages and never find one link from you.
Just sling. Sling that doesn't stick.
Go back to your very first post ... mr. aka stop it .... negative. You've been negative ever since. I bet I could go through all [/QUOTE]

The "Great Grandstander" accuses me of being someone else fairly often. Pathetic. Basically it's just another of his puny attempts to use guesswork and intimidate.
This time it's "Voice Of Reality" that I'm supposed to be.
He says he "Got "Voice of Reality" deleted.
Good news---his posts were beyond vulgar in my opinion.

Well, This Little Man is out to lunch in this instance just like he has been all along
For your information Little Man, here's the truth....
I have changed usernames from time to time, primarily because a few dimwits play game with them. That, I admit.

But,(now,read this slowly), "unlike those same dimwits, I have never (read "NEVER") changed my ISP location---Windsor, Canada".

You are completely wrong about your inferences that I posted as "Voice of Reality", and all those other names you attributed to me--"Dolt", etc.
I don't play those kinds of juvenile username games--unlike the dimwits who do regularly.

In fact, why not do what I have done and see for yourself what's going on here. You claim to be a tea leaf reading whiz, so that should be easy for you.

I popped a few "Hook" links in here back in June and July, then using a Query and Response Tool on some who clicked on those links, I learned who the culprits are who are playing those games--and where they live.

You would be surprised to know who you were dealing with (and still are) at the time.
Like I said to you once before..."Not everyone who disagrees with you is your enemy, and not everyone who agrees with you is your friend". Next time, heed that advice!!

Oh yes, one more thing---The "Voice of Reality" guy is a standalone person. He isn't one of the dimwits playing IP/Username games!
And I actually told him a couple of times that he was going too far in his posts!(If you're such an astute researcher--look it up)

Cheers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News San Francisco police chief releases more racist... 14 hr Julie Jane 1
Key cutting Automatic V8/X6 or Miracle A7 22 hr Ambrosio 1
GM Tech2 ďAccess to Security Access was deniedĒ Thu Ambrosio 1
News FCA to recall 1.1 million vehicles for confusin... Apr 27 who 1
New BMW INPA K+CAN With FT232RQ Chip Apr 27 uobd2 1
How to program Citroen key fob with Lexia 3 Dia... Apr 26 car-diagnostic-tool 1
News 1968 Chevy Camaro - Green Car Apr 26 Lucy Jane 1
More from around the web